Dry skin is a common condition, particularly in the winter. Actually, there are several factors that can cause your skin flaky such as genetic predispositions, nutritional deficiencies, aging, lifestyles, etc. Accordingly, there are many moisturizers and lotions on the current market to fight the dry skin; however, they are much expensive. Meanwhile, you can use natural home remedies to eliminate the problem without giving a lot of money on it. In this article, Effectiveremedies.com will show you top 25 useful ways on how to cure dry skin on legs naturally. Hopefully, you will try them and feel the different changes on the skin.
25 Tips On How To Cure Dry Skin On Legs Naturally At Home
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil is known as a good ingredient for dry skin because it has antioxidants and fatty acids that can strengthen your skin well. You can follow this instruction to soothe the problem:
- Combine some olive oil and brown sugar as a good paste.
- Rub the mixture on the legs and massage them for some minutes.
- Leave it for 10 minutes more and take a shower.
- You can use olive oil every day to have the desired result.
- Take some olive oil and dab it on the legs. Leave it overnight and rinse off in the next morning.
- Before having a bath about 30 minutes, you can place some olive oil on your legs, massage it gently.
Learn more: Tightening Face Skin Tips
2. Milk Cream
One of the most important things you should do to treat dry skin on legs is to exfoliate your dry skin. The lactic acid in milk cream is very helpful for this task and it also moisturizes the skin effectually. How to cure dry skin on legs with milk cream? Let follow these solutions:
- Mix some tablespoons of gram flour with some milk cream to make a good paste.
- Apply it on the legs for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Do it once every day.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of milk cream, a teaspoon of milk, and some drops of lime juice.
- Rub the combination on your legs for 15 minutes.
- Take a bath.
- Do it once daily for the best result.
See more: Vitamins for Dry Skin
If you drink milk every day, you can take some teaspoons to take care of your dry skin. This ingredient has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that can eliminate rough skin. Additionally,
To lighten and whiten your skin, milk is also a good choice.
- You need to prepare some tablespoons of milk, drops of rose water, lime juice.
- Mix all the ingredients together and rub the mixture on the legs for 10 minutes.
- Wash with the cold water.
- Do it twice daily.
- You need to have a washcloth.
- Soak it into the cold milk you have prepared in a bowl.
- Put the cloth on the dry skin for 7 minutes.
- Then you take another cloth and soak it into the lukewarm water to wash off the milk.
- This is a natural way to moisturize the skin, so doing it every other day is the best way.
Another way to treat dry skin on legs is honey, which includes antioxidant, humectants, and antimicrobial properties to soften and soothe the dry skin. Moreover, honey contains vital minerals and vitamins that can improve the skin health excellently.
- Firstly, you prepare some olive oil, beeswax, and honey.
- Melt the measured beeswax in a pan.
- Remove the heat and mix the honey and olive oil in it.
- Now you can apply the paste on the legs, massage and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
- Doing it every day or every other day is fine.
Read more: How To Get Rid Of Scars At Home
Do you usually eat yogurt? Your dry skin is being cured properly because yogurt has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the rough skin. Yogurt also has lactic acid that can kill bacteria, which causes itchiness and dryness on the skin.
- Combine some mashed papaya with ½ cup of yogurt.
- Add some lemon juice and honey to make a good paste.
- Now you apply the mixture on the skin for 10 minutes before rinsing off with the cold water.
- With this remedy, you should apply once per week.
- You just need to have a cup of plain yogurt.
- Apply the yogurt on legs, gently massage it and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Then you take a shower. This mask is a marvelous exfoliant to remove dead skin cells.
- Do it once every day.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is high in fatty acids, which is very necessary for dry skin treatment. Here are two options you can choose to get rid of the dry skin on legs with coconut oil:
- After having a bath, when the skin is still warm, you should apply a thin layer coconut oil on the dry skin on legs.
- You also can do this treatment to dry skin on the face, hands, forearms, etc.
- Do it once daily.
- Now you warm up the coconut oil.
- Apply it on the legs before sleeping.
- Then you wash off in the next morning.
- You can do it every night to soften the skin.
See More: Face Mask for Dry Skin Diy
Avocado is great in antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamins that can enhance the skin complexion from the inside. Additionally, avocado is good in vitamin A that can restore the skin health perfectly. Now you can follow one of the listing ways as below:
- The simplest way to get rid of dry skin on legs with avocado is to drink smoothie from avocado every day.
- Now you mix ½ mashed ripe avocados with some honey.
- Apply the mixture on the dry skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- You do it 1-2 times weekly and do not do over this mask in a week.
- You also can mash an avocado to make a smooth mask.
- Rub the paste on the dry skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Do it once every day.
To reduce dry skin and moisturize it naturally, you can take some oatmeal to do the paste. This ingredient is high in protein that can protect the skin, moisturize the skin, and prevent the water loss on your skin. Moreover, oatmeal contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are great for skin health.
- Combine some oatmeal, mashed banana, and some lukewarm water.
- Apply the paste on your legs and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Do this mask once per week.
- Put some warm water in a bathtub.
- Add some lavender oil and soak the legs in the mixture for 15-30 minutes.
- Enjoy that bathing once weekly.
9. Almond Oil
Vitamin E is an essential vitamin for health, hair, and skin. If you want to get more vitamin E as well as the important antioxidant for the dry skin, almond oil is a good source for it. Now you can follow the options to get rid of dry skin on legs:
- Before sleeping, you should drink a cup of almond oil and warm milk.
- This method will strengthen your health as well as improve the skin perfectly.
- Now you warm up some almond oil.
- Rub on the legs and massage it lightly.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and take a shower then.
- You can apply a light moisturizer after taking a bath.
- Do it once per day.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is very easy to plant around your house. You also can buy it in the supermarket or local market. For treating dry skin on legs, aloe vera is very cheap and simple to use to soothe flaky, irritated and dry skin due to the soothing, antifungal and antiseptic properties.
- You just need to use the gel from aloe vera leaf to apply on the dry skin.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with the lukewarm water.
- Do it twice every day.
Papaya is a favorite fruit for many people and it can be used to take care of the dry skin very well. To get rid of the problem wisely, you should follow the options below:
- Now you mash some strawberries and a half of papaya.
- Meanwhile, you cook the peach well.
- After that, mix the mashed strawberries, peach, papaya, and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Stir in the oatmeal powder.
- Mix the ingredients well and rub in on the legs for 10-15 minutes.
- Then you rinse off with the warm water.
- You can apply a light moisturizer on the legs if necessary.
- You mix the equal amount of mashed papaya and avocado.
- Combine it well and rub the mixture on the dry legs for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with the water.
- You should do this method twice each week.
Recommended reading: Secrets For Glowing Skin
12. Egg Yolks
Eggs are available in your kitchen and I believe that you know the benefits of eggs for health. This food will be more valuable for skin if you know how to use it properly. For moisturizing the dry skin on your legs, you can try the egg yolks. The steps are:
- Mix 1 teaspoon f honey, 1 teaspoon of milk powder, and an egg yolk.
- Stir the mixture and rub it on the legs for 20 minutes.
- Then you wash off with the warm water.
- You can apply the remedy twice per week to soften the skin on legs.
Many women are using cucumber for face to whiten and soften the skin. For the dryness on the leg skin, you can use cucumber for moisturizing and healing it because cucumber is high in water and you can eat cucumber every day to supply the enough water for the skin. In addition, you can add the following option to take care of the dry skin on legs:
- Now you can blend a cucumber with a little water.
- Extract its juice and use it to massage the legs for 30 minutes.
- Then you rinse off with the water.
- You can do it once daily to eliminate the dryness and itchiness on your legs.
If banana is a beneficial fruit for health, it is also a great ingredient for skin care and here are some solutions for the dry skin with the banana:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of yogurt with a mashed banana.
- Rub the mixture on the legs for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and see how soften the skin is.
- You can blend the banana smooth and rub it on the legs for 30 minutes before washing off with the water.
- You also can blend the banana skin instead of throwing away as usual.
Turmeric can reduce the inflammation and improve the skin tone significantly if you apply it regularly.
- You combine some lemon juice, milk cream, and a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Rub the mixture on the dry skin on legs for 15 minutes.
- Massage it more and rinse off with the warm water.
- You can do it once weekly to get the best result.
Mayonnaise is made from vinegar, egg, and oil. So it is an excellent moisturizer for the dry skin. Now you can do this remedy twice weekly to have a better effect.
- You mix 1 teaspoon of baby oil and 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise.
- Stir it well and put the mixture on the legs for 20 minutes.
- Then you rinse off with the warm water.
17. Vitamin E
Vitamin E works for the dry skin and you can use it to treat the dry skin on legs every day.
- You can combine a vitamin E capsule, 2 teaspoons of cooked oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 2 teaspoons of yogurt.
- Rub the mixture on the legs for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Now you have got beautiful legs.
See more: Natural Solutions For Whitening Skin
18. Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly or Vaseline is an excellent part that can moisturize the skin very well. It can protect the cracked skin, minor cuts, scrapes, dry skin, burns, as well as decrease the fine and dry lines effectively.
- You apply some petroleum jelly on your legs every night before you sleep.
- Then you wear the socks and wash the feet in the next morning.
- Take some petroleum jelly.
- Apply it on the legs.
- Do it every day to get the best effect.
19. Glycerin Oil
Glycerin is a compound of carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen without the color and odor. This ingredient can help you reduce wrinkles, blackhead, dryness, and scars. The oil is a perfect ingredient to moisturize the dry skin on legs fully:
- Combine some lemon juice and glycerin oil.
- Place the mixture on the skins before you sleep.
- Wash off with the fresh water in the next morning.
- Follow it daily to treat the dry skin on legs as well as other parts of the body like face, hands, feet, knees, etc.
- Mix water with glycerin oil.
- Apply it on the affected skin before sleeping at night.
- Wash off with water in the next morning.
Potatoes are the healthy foods for health as well as for your skin. This ingredient is very useful in moisturizing the skin and you can take it to treat the dry skin condition on legs, hands, face, etc.
- Firstly, you boil a potato.
- Mash it well and add some lemon juice, egg yolk, and honey.
- Stir them well and apply it on the mixture on the legs for 20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
21. Avoid Harsh Soaps
Harsh soaps or harmful chemicals are the enemies of your dry skin and it can remove the natural oil on the skin. it can balance pH level. As the result, you should avoid using harsh soaps and use the mild soaps that can improve your skin well. Make sure that you behave your skin gently.
- Your leg skin is also sensitive like the skin on other parts of the body; you do not exfoliate the skin too often.
- Use natural ingredients to remove dead skin cells.
- Shave the legs gently.
I believe that you know the function of the water in our lives. Water brings the life for humans, animals, and plants. If your body lacks water, the skin will be rough, dry, and flaky. That is a certain thing that you can realize, especially in the winter, when you do not supply enough water for the body’s needs. If you want to have the energy for working during the day, you should drink at least 8 cups of water. Furthermore, you can eat fruits, fresh vegetables, and the rich water foods. By the way, your skin on legs will be soft and nice gradually.
Read more: Home Remedies For A Clear Skin
23. Take The Proper Shower
Taking a bath seems to be easy and simple to everyone, but you might get a mistake from this routine. How many times do you take a shower in a day? Bathing too many times will remove the natural oils on the skin, which moisturize the skin and protect the skin from the damage as well as the dryness. As the result, not only your legs, but your face, arms, forearms, thighs, and the entire body skin will become rough and dry. So you need to adjust it immediately:
- If you are getting the dry skin on legs, you just need take a shower every other day with the mild soaps.
- You just need to bath from 10-15 minutes only. Avoid showering too long and too often.
- Avoid bathing with hot water; instead, you should take a shower with cold water or the lukewarm water.
24. Protect Your Skin
The winter will damage your skin and you should wear the stockings and the pants. So you should keep the skin warm and moisturized well. Also, the sun expose will dry your skin, so you should wear the sunscreen whenever going out. In the winter, you should wear the long clothes to protect the dry weather. Avoid the chemicals, cold weather, and the harsh soaps as much as possible. They are not only bad for health, but they are also harmful factors for your dry skin.
25. Get Vital Nutrients
Along with other ways to cure dry skin on legs, adding more nutrients is a necessary thing you should do every day. nutrients not only improve your health, but they also help you have a healthy skin. Healthy foods include a lot of vital vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin K that are very useful for skin health. Foods you can eat for taking care of the skin are kale, carrots, olive oil, almonds, salmon, anchovies, sardines, fruits, and vegetables.
If you want to get more tips and tricks on skin care, you can visit our main Skin Care page to update. After viewing the writing about 25 tips on how to cure dry skin on legs, I think that you have got the comprehensive information to take care of your skin effectively at home. With the above treatments, you can apply for other parts of the body such as the face, hands, neck, etc. To have any question, you might leave it as a comment as below.