Having a glowing skin is a dream of everyone. However, you might get several skin problems such as oily skin, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, acne, scars, etc. Among them, dry skin is a very common condition that can make the skin look less smooth and soft. There are many reasons that can cause your skin rough including weather, the environment, chemicals, lifestyles, etc. In this comprehensive writing, Effectiveremedies.com will show you the best homemade face mask for dry skin and hope that you will get some useful solutions for your skin condition. Now keep reading the article and learn how to do the mask for healing dry skin on the face.
37 Best Homemade Recipes of Face Mask For Dry Skin
1. Coffee Face Mask
Rubbing the grounds on the skin will get rid of dead skin cells and allow you with smoother skin, according to Organic Authority. Coffee softens the skin and helps to restore moisture as well. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to make this face mask for dry skin:
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of ground coffee, 3 tbsp of milk, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of honey.
- Then, mix together all of the ingredients and smooth the mixture onto your face.
- Wait for half an hour and finally, wash off your mask by using water.
2. Papaya And Strawberry Face Mask For Dry Skin
Papaya contains papain enzyme and vitamin A, which help get rid of dead skin cells. In addition, it comes with inactive proteins that rejuvenate your skin. Moreover, it helps keep the skin hydrated. Strawberry is full of vitamin C, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxyl acids, aspartic acid, ellagic acid, fiber and folate, all of which can save the skin from a lot of disorders including blackheads, acne, white heads, dry skin, oily skin and more. Follow this recipe below to make this mask:
- First of all, prepare 2 large, fresh strawberries, 2 mashed ripe papaya, 1 cooked peach, 1 teaspoon of organic honey and 1 tablespoon of oatmeal.
- In a mixing bowl, place strawberries, papaya, peach, honey and then mix until these fruits are blended.
- Stir in a little old fashioned oatmeal at a time until this mixture creates a paste.
- Now apply this mask to your face and keep it for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, rinse it with lukewarm water and follow up with applying a good moisturizer.
3. Coconut Oil Face Mask
Coconut oil also is really good for dry skin treatment. The fatty acids in it that help provide moisture to the skin. So, it’s also the best face mask for dry skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil, 1 inch of a mashed ripe banana along with 3 frankincense essential oil drops.
- Then, whip all the ingredients together by using a spoon or fork and apply to your clean face.
- Rinse off after 20 minutes after that. Finally, pat dry and moisturize.
4. Butter Face Mask For Dry Skin
Butter is a powerhouse of fatty acids and vitamin A. The fatty acids moisturize the skin while vitamin A helps in enhancing the collagen production. Besides, butter brings one natural glow on your face which is extremely useful for the dry, dull and flaky skin.
- First of all, you need to prepare 1 tbsp of softened butter, 1 tsp of raw, unfiltered honey along with 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
- Place all of these ingredients into one small bowl and combine well until they are creamy and thick.
- Lather this mask in a thin layer onto the face. Leave it to sit for around 20-30 minutes.
- Finally, remove by using a warm wet washcloth and then pat skin dry.
5. Grape Face Mask
Due to its vitamin E, grape helps retain the moisture in the skin. Plus, it acts as one exfoliate, eliminating dead skin cells to give healthy and smooth skin.
- The first step is to wash the grapes as desired. Next, cut in halves and then mash them up.
- After that, add one pinch of flour and combine well.
- Now take a paper mask and soak in the mixture.
- Wear the paper mask for about 20 minutes. Thereafter wash the face and moisturize.
6. Mayonnaise And Baby Oil Face Mask For Dry Skin
Baby oil works as an excellent moisturizer, making the skin smooth and soft. It is particularly effective in winter as the skin becomes cracked and dry. This face mask for dry skin is very easy and simple to prepare at home. The method is:
- Take 2 tablespoons of real mayonnaise 1 teaspoon of baby oil
- Next, combine the two ingredients. Then, smooth onto the neck, face, knees or rough elbows. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off thoroughly by using tepid water.
7. Yogurt And Vitamin E Face Mask
For treating dry skin, this mask also acts well. Here’s the method:
- Firstly, in one small mixing bowl, place 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of cooked oatmeal together with the contents of one vitamin E capsule.
- Let the oatmeal cool prior to adding it to this facial mixture.
- Then, use warm water to wash the face, and then with the help of a soft towel to take the excess water out of the skin.
- Now smooth this hydrating facial mask on the damp skin and let it remain for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse the face, and then pat the skin dry. Follow up with applying your favorite moisturizer.
8. Honey And Epsom Salt
Honey is the greatest natural moisturizers packed with antioxidant, humectant and antimicrobial properties. Taz Bhatia, MD, founder & medical director of the Atlanta Center for Holistic and Integrative Medicine says:”Epsom salt is a pure mineral compound—magnesium sulfate—and people don’t realize that it can play a major role in their beauty routine”. It’s very effective for dry skin in the winter season. The method is:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt together. Next, gently apply this mixture to your skin.
- Relax with the mask on for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off, pat dry, and moisturize!
9. Vitamin E And Avocado Face Mask For Dry Skin
Tatiana Kononov, Revision Skincare Director of Research & Development says: “Vitamin E has been used in skincare for so long that it sometimes gets overlooked when newer, more exotic-sounding ingredients are advertised in products,”. Vitamin E is one antioxidant that repairs and protects your skin. It comes with anti-inflammatory qualities that calm sensitive skin. Typically, the moisturizing properties in it soothe dry skin very well. Follow these instructions below to make this face mask for dry skin:
- With the help of a blender, blend ½ a ripe banana until smooth and later add the oil of vitamin E.
- Mix well and apply to your cleansed face. After 20 minutes, wash thoroughly and moisturize.
10. Pink Clay And Coconut Milk Face Mask
Pink clay helps in promoting circulation on the skin, cleansing and exfoliating. It doesn’t draw oil from your skin so it is suitable to use this clay on dry skin.
- To make this mask, you have to prepare 2 tbsp of heavy cream or coconut milk along with 1 tbsp of pink clay
- Mix the two ingredients into one smooth paste and later apply to cleansed skin.
- Wash thoroughly after 15 to 20 minutes and follow with moisturizer.
11. Lemon Juice and Sugar Face Mask For Dry Skin
This mask makes skin soft, glowing and smooth. Sugar helps to clean the skin from scaly characteristics. Additionally, it allows locking the moisture to remove the dry skin. Lemon is a powerhouse of vitamin C that lightens skin tone, gets rid of patches on your skin and also promotes skin cell growth to help prevent the dry skin. Follow the recipe below to make this face mask for dry skin:
- Take a tsp of sugar and the juice of ½ a lemon. Next, mix them well.
- Then, apply it on the face as well as other dry skin. Massage it slowly in a circular motion.
- After that, scrub for about 10 to 15 minutes and finally, wash it off by using lukewarm water.
12. Face Mask for Dry Skin with Clay, Corn Flour, Wheat Germ & Apricot Oil
Typically, clay is very useful for the skin, with antimicrobial effect, antitoxin and healing. Plus, it cleans the skin deeply, gives softness and luster.
- You prepare1 tbsp of clay powder, 1 tbsp of oil, 1 tbsp of corn flour, wheat germ and 1 tbsp of apricot oil.
- Then,mix all ingredients in a bowl and add some fresh water until one very thin pasta is formed.
- Now apply this mask on the dry skin with the help of a brush and keep it on for around 15to 20 minutes.
- Wash your face by using warm water and then rinse by using cold water. Finish by applying a moisturizer.
13. Yeast Face Mask For Dry Skin
Brewer’s yeast is a great source of chromium, selenium, protein as well as most B vitamins, as per the University Of Maryland Medical Center. Your body needs B vitamins to keep healthy skin. It also helps to stop the wrinkles’ appearance and bring elasticity to your skin. You should try this face mask for dry skin if you have one lifeless skin, off and tired. The method is:
- Firstly, in a container, mix some powdered brewer’s yeast, 1 tbsp of honey along with a glass of hot milk.
- Mix these ingredients until you have a smooth paste. Then, apply it on your face and leave it to act for 15 minutes.
14. Face Mask For Dry Skin with Egg, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Almond & Macadamia Nut
Macadamia nut oil gives beautifying benefits for the skin. This oil is a great source of palmitoleic acid that is a powerful antioxidant supporting healthy cell membranes, hydrating the skin and supporting skin healing as well. How to make this face mask for dry skin? You can do as follows:
- Firstly, take 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of plain unflavored yogurt, 1 tablespoon of organic honey, 1/2 teaspoon of almond oil, 1/4 cup of cooked oatmeal and 1/2 teaspoon of Macadamia nut oil.
- Warm up your honey until it turns liquid and mix it with the almond oil, yogurt and egg yolk until a smooth creamy substance if formed.
- Now spread this paste on your clean neck and face by using a facial mask spatula or brush, keeping the eye area clear.
- Keep the mask on for ten minutes. Then, rinse it off by using cold water and pat the skin dry with the help of a clean towel.
- Follow up with applying a moisturizer.
15. Honey, Strawberry And Oatmeal Face Mask for Dry Skin
This face mask makes the skin supple and smoother. To make this face mask for dry skin, you can do as follows:
- Firstly, take half a tsp of oatmeal, 1 tsp of honey, and 1 tsp of strawberry pulp or paste.
- Then, mix all of these ingredients well and evenly apply on the face.
- Wash it off with the help of plain water after 10-15 minutes and see the difference.
16. Apricot And Olive Oil Mask
Apricot is one of the best natural masks for your dry skin. Especially, this fruit might moisturize the skin very well. This fruit contains vitamin A and essential fatty acids so it’s great for irritated, dry skin. In addition, it contains the moisturizing properties that keep the skin cells hydrated and prevent any drying effects related to exfoliating your skin, thus giving you with a softer and healthier skin surface. Olive oil in this mask is full of nutrients. It is also a natural humectant attracting moisture to dry skin. Here is what you need to do for the apricot mask at home:
- You prepare some apricots and some extra virgin olive oil.
- Mash the apricot and warm up the olive oil in the microwave.
- Mix the ingredients together and stir it well.
- Apply on face by your fingertips, massage it gently and avoid the eye area.
- Leave it for 1 minutes before washing off with warm and cold water alternately.
- Pat the face dry with a soft towel.
- You might apply a light moisturizer afterward.
- You can replace apricot with a peach, avocado, or a ripe banana.
Learn more: Top easy home remedies for glowing skin
17. Face Mask for Dry Skin – Aloe Vera And Cucumber Mask
“Aloe vera and cucumber are excellent ingredients for the skin, especially for the dry skin .”
Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory and calming effects on the skin, which has been sunburned, within 2 days of topical application, thus reducing redness, discomfort and swelling of dry skin, according to one study published in the February 2008 edition of “Skin Pharmacology and Physiology”. It also consists of great moisturizing properties, so it is really great for dry skin. The natural moisturizer maintains your skin hydrated and promotes its elasticity. Moreover, it supplies oxygen to your skin, which encourages the skin tissues and keeps the skin healthy. Cucumber is rich in vitamins A and C, both of which are important for dry skin care. Plus, it is a great source of iron, magnesium, potassium, folate, silica and molybdenum. Especially, cucumber contains about 90% water content that makes it become the great dry skin food. They are great in soothing, cleansing, and cooling that can soften and make the skin look supple. Here is a simple face mask for dry skin with cucumber and aloe vera.
- You need ½ cucumber and some teaspoons of aloe vera gel.
- Firstly, you peel the cucumber and remove the seeds, cut it into the different pieces.
- Soak the cucumber into the aloe vera gel and blend them as a good paste.
- Now you apply the mixture on face by the fingertips. Keep your eye area clear.
- Leave the mask for 30 minutes.
- Then you rinse off with cold water.
- Use a soft towel to pat it dry.
18. Shea Butter, Coconut Oil And Aloe Vera Mask
Another effective face mask for dry skin is to mix Shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera together. Shea butter has vitamin F and the non-saponifiable matter that are vital ingredients for keeping the skin’s elasticity. Thus, its application restores the elasticity of your skin and aids to keep one even skin tone, besides softening, hydrating and beautifying it. “Coconut oil is known for being hydrating”, says dermatologist Dennis Gross, MD. Coconut oil contains naturally antifungal and antibacterial agents, which are an excellent moisturizer. This is an effective face mask you can do every week at home.
- The ingredients include a tablespoon of Shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir them well.
- Then you spread the mixture on the dry skin with the fingertips and avoid touching the eye area.
- Relax and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm and cold water.
- Pat the face dry and apply a light moisturizer.
19. Egg Yolk, Butter And Mango Mask
Moisturizing the skin is very necessary step if you want to get rid of the dry skin. Actually, you do not need to use expensive cream or moisturizer on the market, you can take advantage of the natural ingredients available in your kitchen such as mango, butter, or egg. Mangoes are amazing for the skin because they are a powerful source of antioxidants, especially vitamin C, that keep the skin healthy and glowing as well. They also have the ability to decrease dark spots, acne and blemishes, thus giving a natural glow to the skin. Furthermore, beta-carotene and vitamin A found in mangoes restore, revive and rejuvenate the skin with vigor. So, they’re often used in different face masks and scrubs. Eggs, on the other hand, are a rich source of healthy fats and protein. They aid in moisturizing the skin. Here is a homemade face mask for dry skin you should give a try:
- The ingredients you need is the ½ teaspoon of apricot oil, ½ teaspoon of chamomile oil, an egg yolk, a tablespoon of Shea butter, and a half of a mango.
- Remove the mango skin and cut it into the pieces, then you add egg yolk, butter, apricot oil and chamomile oil.
- Blend them as a smooth paste.
- Gently spread on face and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm and cold water.
- Apply a normal moisturizer for a better result.
Read more: 27 tips on how to get clear skin fast
20. Oatmeal Flower, Honey And Banana Mask
This is one of the best masks for your dry skin as it can reduce aging skin and work for the wrinkles.
Herbalists have long suggested oats for several of skin problems. Oat flour can help to moisturize and soften your skin, decreasing the appearance of wrinkles. Honey is considered as one of the greatest natural moisturizers packed with antioxidant, humectant and antimicrobial properties. Hence, it helps to lock in moisture, making your skin extra smooth and soft. Moreover, it comes with many essential minerals and vitamins that help improve the skin’s health. Women from South America and Caribbean have long applied mashed bananas like one home natural remedy for dry skin. Bananas are a rich source of potassium and vitamin, so it can be a moisturizing and nourishing natural healthy skincare element.
- What you need are the spring water, a tablespoon of oatmeal flour, a tablespoon of organic honey, some tablespoons of heavy cream, and a banana.
- You warm up the honey, mash the banana and add oatmeal, honey, and heavy cream to mix well.
- If it is too thick, you can add some water.
- Use your fingertips to spread the mask all over the face except for the eyes.
- Lie down and relax for 15 minutes before washing off with warm and cold water alternately.
- Pat the face dry with a soft towel.
- Lastly, you can apply a mild moisturizer to keep the water inside.
21. Honey, Avocado, Chamomile, And Melon Mask
To add up the nutrients is also important thing you need to do if the skin is too dry. This mask will work for dead skin cell removal and moisturizing the skin. Avocado has many vitamins like Vitamin A, C, and E, all of which are necessary for the skin. Typically, it hydrates all the types of skin. Plus, the fruit hydrates dry skin effectively and decrease fine lines on your skin. Chamomile oil contains skin repairing, strengthening, and regenerating properties, thus keeping your skin refreshing and young. Watermelon contains nearly 91% water that keeps your body hydrated in the summer months. It also boosts the collagen production to make your skin youthful and firm. To get this face mask for dry skin, you can follow the instructions like this:
- You should prepare ½ teaspoon of chamomile oil, some orange juice, olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, some watermelon slices, and ½ avocado.
- You warm up the honey by putting into a bowl and immerse in the hot water.
- Remove the avocado peel and cut into the pieces, then add with watermelon.
- Mix it with chamomile oil, orange juice, olive oil, and honey in a food processor.
- Blend the mixture well as a good paste.
- Use the fingertips to spread the mask on face.
- Relax and leave it for 30-35 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat the face dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a moisturizer to keep the water inside the skin.
See more: Vitamins for Dry Skin on Face