Do you feel annoyed with boils on your body or face skin? Boils are hard & large pimples with pus which is filled in the centre. In addition, the formation of boils starts with the redness and tenderness on your skin. Step by step, white blood cells and protein, as well as bacteria, can get filled in the boils centre. Or we can say itb can form the pus. When you touch it, you will feel painful. Moreover, you can find it in different shapes such as the pilonidal cyst, furuncles, carbuncles, cystic acne, and so on. And boils appear at many places; for example, face, groin, breast, scalp, back, underarms, and buttocks. Remember that they are contagious. However, we are not sure about the kinds of boils. Furthermore, we ought to know some warning signs of the boils. It can develop with a red nodule on any part in your body and get bigger. The skin around the boil can become hard along with painful. Sometimes, you are able to feel itchy. Besides, along with these warning signs, you can see some symptoms like high fever (especially in children), swelling, heart disorders, red streaks on the skin, and so on. Additionally, boils are caused by the bacteria, which are called Staphylococcus aureus. And some factors which also cause boils are poor nutrition, alcoholism, poor hygiene, chemotherapy, friction from tight clothing, the poor immune system, as well as exposure to harsh chemicals. Now your choice is to treat them. Why don’t you try some remedies which you can apply at home? If you wonder to know that, please continue reading this article on our page Effectiveremedies.com which will present to you the best home remedies for boils on body & face skin you can follow to get rid of them soon.
Top 22 Natural Home Remedies For Boils On Body & Face Skin
These are 22 natural home remedies for boils on body & face skin which you can do easily to get rid of your skin problem:
1. Warm Compress
The first and the easiest remedy to treat boil is the warm compress.
In order to do this remedy, you should follow these steps below:
- First wash your boils
- After that put a teaspoon salt into the warm water (you should take 15 -16 cups) if you want
- Then dip a clean cloth into it
- Next remove the excessive water
- Finally, place the cloth on the boils for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Do this remedy up to six times per day
- Keep doing every day until your condition is better
When you use this treatment, it will speed the process of bursting and softening of your boils up. Furthermore, it gives you a relief from the pain which is caused by boils. In general, when you use this, your boil will be removed within 10 days from the day it appears.
2. Turmeric And Milk
Another remedy which can cure the boils is the combination between turmeric and milk. Turmeric is concerned as the natural blood purifier. Furthermore, it contains anti-inflammatory properties. So let’s make this remedy as the following instruction:
- Now take a glass of milk
- Then warm it. Remember not to make it hot
- After that, pour a spoon of turmeric into it
- Next stir well together
- Finally, drink this solution
- Follow this remedy three times a day
- Drink this every day until all the boils are gone away.
3. Turmeric And Ginger
When talking about natural home remedies for boils, the combination between ginger and turmeric is also a good remedy. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties inside both turmeric and ginger, this combination will treat boils effectively. Here is the detailed direction for you:
- Firstly, prepare a few fresh ginger slices as well as turmeric
- After that, make the paste between them
- Next apply this mixture on the boils directly
- Then leave it on until it becomes dry
- Finally, wash off with water
- Keep following this process every day and once or twice each day
- Continue doing until your situation is improved
4. Castor Oil
One of the home remedies for boils on body & face skin is castor oil. And it is concerned as an antiseptic for curing boils. Now following this detailed instruction will help you to draw out the poison out of your boils.
- First take an enough amount of castor oil
- Then put some drops of this oil into the cotton ball
- Finally, directly place the cotton ball on your boils
- Do this procedure twice or thrice a day
- Continue applying day by day till you see there are no boils on your skin
5. Milk With Salt
In order to treat boils at home effectively and easily, let’s try milk. It is considered as an ancient remedy. So if you want to apply this remedy, you need to consult this detailed command.
- Firstly, heat a cup of milk
- After that, add to the warm milk three teaspoons of salt
- Next stir this mixture well together
- Then apply this mixture on your skin which contains boils
- Finally, wait until it dries and wash off
- Follow this various times a day
- Keep doing every day until you see the positive result
Besides, if you want to make a thick paste, just add a little flour or some bread crumbles into the mixture of milk and salt.
6. Vinegar, Turmeric Powder With Milk Cream
Not only milk, milk cream also is a wonderful treatment for boils too. To have the best result, you ought to combine it with turmeric powder and vinegar. This is the detailed recipe you are looking for
- Now take enough amount of vinegar and turmeric powder
- Next mix them with a teaspoon of milk cream
- Then directly apply this mixture on the boils
- Finally, let it dry and wash off with water
- Do this process several times per day
- Follow this every day until you notice the positive result
With antimicrobial properties as well as antiseptic properties, onion is an effective treatment for boils at home. Besides, onion contains anti-inflammatory, antifungal, analgesic and anticoagulant properties too. Now it’s time to make this remedy:
- Firstly, cut a thick slice of onion
- Secondly, directly apply this on your boils
- Then take a clean cloth
- Finally, wrap the onion in order that the heat from the onion can get through to your skin
- Do this procedure three or four times per day daily until your condition is improved
You can also apply onion as the boils treatment like this way
- Put onions into water
- Then boil it till the water reduces a half
- Next strain the water
- Allow it to warm
- Wash your boils off with this liquid=
8. Egg White
Egg white can be used in order to treat boils too. Here is the recipe for you if you want your boils to be taken away soon.
- First take an egg
- Then boil it
- After that, peel it
- Now wet the egg white
- Next apply the egg white on your boils
- Cover the egg white by using a cloth
- After leaving it for a few minutes, wash it off with water
- Follow this two or three times daily till you see the difference
See more: Top 33 Solutions To Remove Acne
Cornmeal also plays an important role in treating boils. So using this remedy as the following instruction can help you a lot.
- Now take a half cup of boiling water
- Then put some cornmeal into it in order to make a paste as thick as possible
- Next apply this paste on your boils
- After that, use a clean cloth to cover it
- Wait it till the pus drain out
- Repeat this process several times a day daily until you notice the positive result
When you want to treat boils on your face or on your body, it’s better to apply both internal and external remedies. And using garlic to treat them is a good solution because garlic can be used internally and externally. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, it can effectively cure your boils. Therefore, you need to follow these steps if you want your boils to be gone away soon.
- Take some garlic cloves
- Apply them on your skin which has boils
- Leave it on until the pus drains away
You also apply this remedy as this way
- Heat some garlic cloves first
- Place them on your affected skin area
- Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Do this several times every day
Besides, this is the simplest way you can apply with garlic as a natural treatment for boils. You just need to consume 2 or 3 garlic cloves every day in order to stay away from boils as well as some other skin problems.
11. Eucalyptus Oil And Slippery Elm
The mixture between eucalyptus oil with slippery elm is also a good suggestion in this case. If you want to use it, just follow these steps below:
- Now prepare these things first: 3 drops of eucalyptus oil as well as 25g of slippery elm powder.
- Then mix them well together
- After that, add boiling water into the mixture so as to make the thick paste
- Apply this paste on your boils
- Leave it on until the pus is able to drain out
- Follow these steps every day and several times a day till you notice the result
12. Indian Lilac
Another herb which can help you to treat boils is Indian lilac. Sometimes it is called neem. The anti-microbial, antibacterial, as well as antiseptic in the Indian lilac, can treat not only boils but also any other kinds of skin infections. Thus, applying one of both ways below is necessary.
- On the first hand, husk a handful of Indian lilac leaves in order to make a fine paste. Then apply this paste on your boils.
- On the other hand, put the Indian lilac leaves in the water and boil them until the amount of water decreases to one-third. After that, allow it to cool down. Use this water to wash your affected area.
Anyway, although you choose the first way or the second way, you need to continue doing this 3 or 4 times per day until you see the positive result.
13. Black Seeds Or Black Seed Oil
Why not use black seeds in order to cure boils at home? Black seeds are said to be the natural treatment for many kinds of skin infections including boils. Thanks to the medicinal properties, they will give you a relief from the pain which is caused by boils. Here are some ways you can apply this remedy.
- This is the first way. Take a few black seeds. Then husk them so as to get a fine paste. Then apply this paste on your affected skin area directly.
- Here is the second way. It is much easier than the first way. You just need to apply the black seed oil on your boils. And leave it on until it dries.
- This is the third way. Add a half teaspoon of black seed oil into a cup of water. You can choose to use cold or hot water. And drink this water twice a day in a few days
Whatever you choose to get rid of boils, keep doing until your condition is improved.
14. Bread Poultice
Bread poultice is also a fantastic treatment you can follow. You ought to consult this detailed instruction below:
- First prepare a piece of bread
- Second soak it in warm water (sometimes you can use milk instead)
- Next put it on your boil
- Leave it on for a few minutes
- Finally, remove the bread and wash off
- Repeat twice a day daily until your boils are taken away
When you do this process, it will help to decrease inflammation. Meanwhile, the heat of this compress helps to raise circulation.
15. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains antiseptic, antifungal along with antibacterial properties. Using tea tree oil more often is going to help speed the healing process up. Also, it gives you a relief from the discomfort which is caused by boils or skin abscesses. Here is the recipe you can follow:
- Wash your boils first by using warm water
- Now dip the cotton swab into the oil
- Apply it on your boils directly and gently
- Finally, wash off your skin
- Do this process for a few times per day
- Continue doing for several days until you see the positive result
Pay attention: you should implement the test before using this remedy. And you must not consume this oil. If you have sensitive skin, you should dilute this oil before applying on your boils.
Potatoes can be said to be rich in vitamin B and vitamin A. They also include calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and manganese. That’s why it has been used to treat a lot of health conditions, particularly skin problems. Moreover, they include alkaloids, flavonoids along with tannins which can improve your health and skin. And the alkaline properties with anti-inflammatory properties of potatoes can relieve the boils. Here are the recipes you are looking forward to:
- This is the first recipe. Take a potato. Then cut it into the thin slices. After that, apply them on your skin which has boils. Continue replacing these slices with the new fresh ones.
- This is the second recipe. Take a potato and grind it in order to squeeze the juice out. Then use a cotton ball and dab potato juice on your affected area. Do this 4 or 5 times per day daily.
- This is the third recipe. You also cut the potato into the thick slices. Take one slice and put it on your boil. Now cover it with a bandage or a cloth. Then leave it on for overnight. Finally, remove it in the next morning.
Even though you choose any recipe to cure boils, you ought to do it until your boils are gone.
17. Onion Juice And Garlic Juice
You have known the uses of onion and garlic in treating boils. Therefore, their juice may help you too. Let’s use the combination of both juices. Before making this remedy, you should prepare these things first:
- A chopped onion
- Two or three chopped garlic cloves
- Cheesecloth or sieve
Now it’s time for you did this remedy:
- Firstly, grind the garlic and onion pieces
- Then put them in the cheesecloth or on sieve
- Next press it in order to extract the juice
- Finally, gently apply this juice on your boils
- Follow these steps up to 5 times a day
- Repeat every day until your boils are taken away
18. Epsom Salt Bath
Epsom salt is the familiar name of Magnesium Sulfate. Therefore, taking Epsom salt bath is also one of the natural home remedies boils because Epsom salt can help to draw out toxins, relieve pain as well as reduce swelling. Here is the detailed instruction you are looking for:
- First fill warm water into the basin (remember to fill a half of the basin)
- Then add 2 cups of Epsom salt into the water
- Finally, soak your area which contains boils into
- Do this procedure once every day until you notice the positive result
19. Echinacea Herb Tea
Some studies have showed that echinacea has antitumour, antibacterial, antiviral, and immunostimulant properties. Therefore, it is very helpful for healing pain including the pain caused by boils. Why don’t you try using this herb tea? In order to make this tea, you need to prepare these ingredients:
- A teaspoon of echinacea herb
- A cup boiling water
You had better make this tea as the following direction
- Firstly, place echinacea herb into a pot
- Then pour the water over it
- Next allow it to steep about 10 minutes
- After that, strain the liquid
- Finally, drink this liquid twice per day
- Repeat this daily until your boils are gone away.
Pay attention: if you’re allergic to some plants like marigolds, daisies, ragweed, or chrysanthemums, you should not use this herb too. Breasting and pregnant women are also advised to avoid using this herb.
20. Japanese Honeysuckle
Another herb which is considered as one of the effective home remedies for boils is Japanese honeysuckle. Although its name is Japanese, it has been used by the Chinese medicine for a long time in order to treat inflammation, fever, boils, swelling, cold, as well as bacterial & viral infections. In Chinese, it is called Jin Yin Hua. And in fact, many studies have proven that this herb contains a wide spectrum antibiotic. Or we can say this herb can be used to deal with Escherichia coli, staphylococcus aureus, streptococcus B-hemol, and so on. Moreover, you can use any parts of Japanese honeysuckle plants such as stems, leaves, or flowers. And you can use it under several forms such as infusion, tincture, tea, decoction, and so on. In order to treat boils at home quickly and effectively, the stems of this herb are thought to be more useful. Here is the way that you can apply to make this tea:
- First put 15 to 30 g dried Japanese honeysuckle stems in a jar
- Then pour water into the jar until it covers the stems
- Cover the jar by a lid
- Next allow it to steep for a few hours
- Finally, apply this liquid on your boils
- Do this remedy several times per day
- Repeat every day until your condition is improved
Notice: Japanese honeysuckle can be taken internally, but you had better consult the doctor or the herbalist before applying this herb.
21. Burdock Root
One of the effective and natural home remedies for boils is burdock root. It is used to treat boils as well as some other skin problems such as acne, canker sore and so on because of its blood purifying properties. It can help to flush the toxins out of your body. Furthermore, it has anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial for curing skin infections. And the most important thing, when you use burdock root, is that this herb has antibiotic properties which can help you to get rid of boils soon. So in order to make your boils go away, you can have the tea made of burdock root or use it to wash your affected area. Here is the detailed recipe and ingredients you will need to prepare:
- 2 tablespoons of chopped burdock root or 1 tablespoon of dried root
- 3 cups of water
Now it’s tea-making time:
- First put the root in a pot
- Then pour the water into the pot until it is over the root
- Next boil this
- After that, lower the heat and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes
- Put the flame off and allow it to steep from 15 to 20 minutes
- Now strain this liquid
- Finally, use this tea to drink or rinse your boils when it is still warm
- Repeat three or four times every day if you wash your boils and once or twice every day if you drink this tea until you see the result
Remember to clean the fresh burdock root by scraping with a knife or just cleaning with a cloth. And if you are breastfeeding women or pregnant women, you should not use this remedy. Even you should not use this if you suffer from cardiovascular disease or diabetes.
22. Betel Leaves
Betel leaves are also recommended to be used if you have boils. There is essential oil as well as tannins in these leaves. They have a phenol which gives strong antiseptic properties to this herb. And the essential oil of these leaves contains antifungal, anti-protozoan, and antibacterial properties. The considerable amounts of minerals along with vitamins in these leaves can make it become a nutritive herb too. Here is the way that you can follow:
- Now take 2 or 3 betel leaves
- Tear them into small pieces
- Then boil them with a half cup of water together for 10 minutes
- Turn down the flame and keep the low heat
- Allow it to cool
- Next grind or mash them so as to make a paste
- Finally, apply the paste on your affected area and cover with the bandage or gauze
- Reapply the paste after a few hours
- Keep doing this twice per day daily until your situation is improved
Besides applying the home remedies which are mentioned above, you can also follow these tips in order to get rid of boils:
- Wash your hands regularly so that the bacteria can be prevented from infecting the skin
- Have a bath or shower with the antibacterial soap
- Do hygiene
- Keep your clothes, your towel and so on clean
- Do not squeeze the boils because it will cause the pain as well as spread the infection
- Exfoliate your skin regularly
- Stay away from sugar and fat rich food like cakes, chocolates along with white bread
- Avoid the caffeine products and alcohol
- Consume more foods which include vitamins A, E, and C
If you want to know more about natural at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, you can go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 22 natural home remedies for boils on body & face skin, hope that it can help you find out the best and most suitable home remedies to get rid of your boils easily and quickly. However, the article is only for the informational purpose; therefore, you should see your doctor in order to get the advice before applying any of home remedies for boils on body & face skin. If you have any question, or you know other at home remedies for boils on body & face skin, please leave them below.