Many people are struggling with cellulite which is fat cells that accumulate just under the skin. Their common skin areas such as your hips, thighs, abdomen, or buttocks may be similar to an orange peel or cottage cheese because the cellulite makes these skin areas dimpled, wrinkled, pitted, and bulging. These areas will be getting worse in a long time if they do not deal with cellulite quickly. Women mostly suffer from this problem due to the low level of female hormones such as progesterone and estrogen in their body. The reduced progesterone hormone leads to weight gain, weak veins, and fluid retention while the reduced estrogen hormone causes the some problems of connective tissues by a fast increase of the fat cells. Other causes are stress, smoking, pregnancy, and obesity, lack of exercise as well as genetics. In this article, EffectiveRemedies.com shows you top 21 natural home remedies for cellulite on stomach & back of thigh in order to help you get rid of it effectively. Although all tips are collected from the reliable sources, please pay attention that they are not intend to give medical advice. Now keep reading this writing to learn more about these 21 home remedies for cellulite.
Top 21 Natural Home Remedies For Cellulite On Stomach & Back Of Thigh
1. Dry Brushing
The simplest way is dry brushing which stimulates the lymphatic and blood flow in the body, and removes the rise in the toxins which made up the cellulite. However, you must have an appropriate method in choosing the brush and the time to practice dry brushing. Brushing in the wrong manner will lead to an increase of other health problems. So now, here is the way to do dry brushing to solve the cellulite problem:
Get the right brush:
- The bristles of brush made with natural fibers are the best choice.
- Choose the stiff bristles of brush that is not too hard because soft bristles have lower
- You should choose the brush that has a handle in order to easily massage the right manner.
Do dry brushing in the right time:
- Before you take a shower, keep both your body and brush is dry. Then you should do dry brushing gently.
- Should brush your body every day, or twice a day if you have the large cellulite areas.
- After brushing your body for about 5-10 minutes, take shower, which cleans the dead skin cells.
Do this in the right manner
- Do dry brush from the left to right side- towards your heart to encourage the blood circulation.
- Start to brush from your feet upwards to the shoulders.
- Brush from your arms to your chest.
- Keep brushing your stomach counterclockwise. Remember to brush gently.
Remember that after doing dry brush, your skin is smooth but not irritated. If you do it in the right way, no redness appears on your skin. You also may use extra virgin olive or coconut for deep moisturizing. After brushing and talking shower, you can see the skin pores are open; you should use some oil and rub it into your skin. Especially, should do it after taking a hot shower because all moisture will be out of your skin, making your skin drier.
2. Coffee-Sugar Scrub
Many people know the coffee scrub as one of the popular and useful home remedies for cellulite. After you massage your skin with the coarse coffee grounds, you may see the clear improvement. Besides, it also helps to get rid of the dead skin cells and impact on your skin like an excellent exfoliating agent, which gives you the healthy cells and new skin. The effect of coffee on the cellulite skin, particularly the sagging dimpled skin, is to tighten your skin and make it more smooth and beautiful. The coffee scrub is a great home remedy for cellulite which rejects liquid and fat from the skin and enhances fat metabolism.
- 3 tbsp of sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup of coffee ground
- Melt the coconut oil
- Mix coffee grounds, the melting oil, and sugar in a clean bowl.
- Take this mixture and rub it onto your cellulite skin with this scrub in about 3-5 minutes
- Create the firm force on the problem skin.
- Do not mix olive oil with coffee and sugar. Firstly, rub olive oil to your skin; then massage with other ingredients.
- Wash off with water. You may use warm water if you wish.
- Do this 2-3 times a week, and continue using this mixture for few weeks until you see the improvement.
Alternatively, the mixture of olive oil- coffee is another way for you to create the coffee warp.
Coffee Wrap For Cellulite
- Virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of coffee grounds
- Firstly, you should mix the coffee grounds with a little olive oil in a bowl
- You can use a microwave to heat it for 20-30 seconds. Keep the mixture in this bowl onto hot water because the mixture needs to be warm.
- Now you apply this olive oil-coffee ground mixture to your cellulite skin
- You use a plastic wrap to cover it. After about half an hour, you rinse your skin with warm water.
- Do this twice a week till you see the better result
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is considered as one of the effective methods to remove cellulite due to its various minerals such as magnesium, potassium and calcium which help not only reject the toxins and detoxify your body but also reduce water retention from your stomach and thighs that are the common cellulite areas. The obesity is one of the causes lead to cellulite, so the apple cider vinegar is an indirectly way helping to get rid of cellulite by reducing your weight.
5 Ways to use apple cider vinegar
- Mix two parts water with one part apple cider vinegar. Can use a little honey if you want to. When having the water and apple cider vinegar mixture, you apply it on cellulite skin areas and massage for several minutes. After about an hour, clean your skin with warm water. You should practice this method twice a day till seeing the better result.
- Instead of clean your skin with water after rubbing the cellulite areas, you may use a warm towel to wrap these areas for an hour. Then clean your skin with lukewarm water. You should repeat every day.
- Here is another way you can be easy to follow. Combine one part of any massage oil (jojoba, sweet almond, coconut, olive, etc) and 3 parts of apple cider vinegar. Rub the cellulite skin after applying the mixture on it. You had better do this twice a day.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Then, apply to your affected skin. Repeat this twice a day too.
- You may also create the mixture of 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to one cup of water. Then, apply to your affected skin. Do this every morning.
Tomatoes are known as the food that contains the plentiful lycopene which helps prevent the decline of collagen in your skin and protect it from toxic fat deposition. Tomato is also one of the most popular and effective home remedies for cellulite.
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Grind the tomatoes in order to create a paste
- Combine the tomatoes paste and the lemon juice
- Knead gently your cellulite areas after applying this mixture
- After 5-10 minutes, clean your skin with water
- Do this daily
5. Juniper Oil
As you know, when the toxin deposits within your fat tissues and skin, it may build up the unpleasant cellulite. There are a lot of methods to remove the toxin from your skin, and using juniper oil is a good way to remove cellulite from deposited toxins in the skin. The juniper oil has fine detoxifying features which can decrease the fluid retention and reject the toxin in the skin, which is very good for you to get rid of cellulite.
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 15 drops of juniper oil
- Firstly, you should add the olive oil to juniper oil in order to dilute it.
- Next, apply the mixture to your cellulite skin and massage for about from 10 to 15 minutes.
- You should repeat this daily or twice a day if you have really bad cellulite.
- Continue doing this for a month to see the improvement.
6. Seaweed For Cellulite Removal
It is very important to remain the flawless lymphatic in your body. If you wish to do that, you should improve your blood circulation by reducing the cellulite. One of the most effective home remedies for cellulite is seaweed that not only is a very good exfoliating agent but also flushes and detoxifies the ruinous toxin. Therefore, with all these positive features of seaweed, you can reduce cellulite quickly.
- ¼ cup of sea salt
- 3 tbsp of ground seaweed
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1-2 tsp of coconut oil
- Few drops of any essential oil (if you want to use)
How to make:
- Firstly, you should combine all the ingredients.
- Secondly, knead your skin having cellulite with the mixture for about ten minutes.
- Remember that you should do this before taking a shower.
- Just take a shower after massaging.
- Finally, make sure that your skin is dry. You can use a moisturizer cream for your body, but the coconut oil is still the better choice because it helps to reduce cellulite and it is eco-friendly.
- You should repeat this daily to have the best result.
7. Detox Baths To Remove Cellulite
Detox bath is a method that helps you relax & protect your skin against built up toxins.
This method also reduces fat tissues, which are accumulating beneath your skin. However, with detox bath method, you may remove the accumulated toxins from your skin and body. You can add sea salts or seaweed to make the detox baths. Now keep reading the way to do.
- 1 cup of sea salt
- Or 4 sheets of seaweed
How to make:
- Firstly, you need a bathtub which is full of warm water.
- Next, you add sea salt or seaweed to this bath tub.
- Finally, you soak in warm water for twenty minutes
- After detox baths, remember to moisturize the skin
- You should do this twice a week.
8. Green Clay For Cellulite Removal
As we know, mud therapies are used for diverse medical conditions. In the home remedies for cellulite, green clay is a wonderful ingredient too. The green clay has the good adsorbing properties, which means that this clay can absorb the impurities out of the skin. The clay also encourages the lymph circulation and blood, so it is important for preventing and removing fat accumulated beneath the skin that gives an increase of cellulite. As an excellent exfoliating agent, the green clay is a very good method for cellulite removal.
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- ½ of green clay
- ½ of seaweed
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 3 tbsp of hot water
How to make:
- Firstly, you need to mix all components to make the paste.
- Next, scrub your cellulite skin with this mixture for ten minutes.
- Thirdly, you use a plastic wrap to cover it.
- After about half an hour, you rinse your skin with warm water.
- You should do this once a week till you see the better result.
9. Gotu Kola
The popular home remedies for cellulite are often herbal remedies which can remove your cellulite by running the fluid out of the cellulite. You can take full advantage of the Gotu kola (centella asiatica forskolin) to frustrate the effects of toxin that causes a formation of the worst cellulite. Many cellulite creams contain forskolin and another substance named aminophylline that help you lose weight. Although cellulite creams are quite expensive, they are still cheaper than surgery for removing cellulite. However, you should use natural home remedies for cellulite because they are safer and cheaper than any cellulite cream. Now I will give you specific instructions to make Gotu kola tea.
- 1-2 tsp of honey
- ¼ cup of gotu kola leaves or 2 tsp of dried leaves
- Few drops of lemon juice
- 1 cup of hot water
How to make:
- Firstly, you should pour hot water over the herb in a tea-pot.
- Secondly, you leave it for 5 minutes.
- You can add lemon juice and honey if you want to use.
- You should drink one cup of the tea daily.
10. Tangerine Essential Oil
This oil helps to encourage your blood circulation which prevents fat and lymphatic from accumulating under your skin. It also has the ability to reduce cellulite formed on your skin by breaking down fat. Therefore, it is one of the very good home remedies for cellulite you should try applying.
The first way you can apply:
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 -5 drops of tangerine oil
How to make:
- Firstly, dilute the olive with tangerine oil.
- Secondly, massage this mixture on your cellulite skin for from 10 to15 minutes.
- You should do this twice a day.
- Please pay attention that after you apply this mixture to your skin, you should not step out in the sun as your skin will be photosensitive.
The second way you can apply:
- 1 glass of warm water
- 2-3 drops of tangerine oil
How to make:
- Firstly, you dilute drops of tangerine oil with the warm water.
- Then you apply it to your affected skin
- You should repeat this once daily
The above home remedies for cellulite show that you had better not be overlooked. The deposition of fat and toxins in your body are the major causes leading to the cellulite. Thus, it is very important to have a good diet to against cellulite. Here the top healthy diet tips to remove cellulite you may want to know:
11. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is known as a popular fat-burning food because it consists of anti-inflammatory properties which help to decrease the inflammation in the body and cellulite fluid retention. Using cayenne pepper can get rid of cellulite due to 3 reasons:
- The first reason is that it heats up your body to promote metabolism.
- The second is that it can encourage the blood circulation as well as prevent fat and lymph accumulation.
- Finally, if you often use cayenne pepper, the process of poison elimination is boosted, which can give you greatly removing cellulite.
How to use Cayenne pepper?
- You should eat this pepper daily. You also should add it in your teas, or sprinkle on your dips and salads.
- Add 1-2 tsp of cayenne pepper with 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice and ginger into a glass of lukewarm water. You should drink this cayenne pepper tea twice or three times a day.
12. Omega 3 Fatty Acids
The harmful kinds of fat may cause the health problems linked to your heart and general body. The bad fat can deposit fat cells under your skin and make you fat. Nevertheless, omega-3 fatty acids are a very good fat that can help you get rid of cellulite, so why are they good fat?
- Foods containing omega 3 fatty acids are plentiful in antioxidants which reduce free radicals.
- They give you tissue and skin smooth.
- Besides, omega 3 fatty acids decrease your appetite. As the result, you do not intend to overeat and do not deposit fat.
What are the foods having Omega 3 fatty acids you should know?
- Salmon and other fish (of course not fried)
- Olive oil and flax
- Cod liver oil
13. Drink A Lot Of Water
The pre-requisite for good health is keeping the body well hydrated, which removes and prevents cellulite from coming back again.
Why should we drink water?
- Drinking water helps you detoxify your body.
- Your skin will be smooth.
- It helps in blood circulation, smooth body functioning, so it can prevent lymphatic deposition beneath your skin.
How to drink water daily in a right manner?
- You should consume natural drinks like orange, coconut or lemon juice.
- You can add a little of honey and lemon juice to make your water healthier and tastier.
- You should eat the foods containing higher water such as cucumbers, melons, leafy greens, and melons.
- You should make herbal teas and drink daily, but do not add sugar to these.
- Especially, you must drink at least from seven to eight glasses plain water daily.
14. Green Teas
As I have referred to the above home remedies for cellulite, green tea is an excellent ingredient to against cellulite. Instead of drinking coffee every morning, you should use green tea. And why should do that?
- Green tea is considered as a factor that promotes better blood circulation without fat accumulation, which means a smooth and healthy skin. Faultless blood circulation makes fat from cellulite to effectively move to muscle tissue. The result is that the fat is used as energy and burned rather than exists as cellulite.
- Green tea helps you burn fat and promotes your metabolism by preventing the fat-absorbing enzymes production.
- Green tea has catechins that are antioxidants and against free radicals, which can help you get rid of the toxin in your body.
How to use green tea?
You should consume about three or four cups of green tea per day. This will raise your consumption to burn the accumulated fat in the body. Instead of drinking coffee every morning, you had better use green tea to boost your metabolism in all day.
15. Food With Gelatin
Gelatin includes the proline, acids, and glycine. These components are found in fibrous tissues, bone and organs of animals. The gelatin affects positively on health of the skin, hair and nails growth, immune function as well as weight management. The foods with gelatin also help you get rid of cellulite.
Why should you eat them?
- Gelatin promotes nails and hair growth, good skin as well as your digestion by improving the easy transfer of food in your digestive system.
You have better digestion, you have lesser fat accumulation.
- You may own the youthful, supple, and smooth skin you desire when you have dietary collagen.
- Gelatin which is one of the good home remedies for cellulite is a rich source of protein; its amino acids help develop muscle. It means that you will consume more energy and reduce fat accumulation in your body.
Now here are the ways to consume gelatin:
- You should make bone broth.
- You should add gelatin powder to stews and soups.
- You should make puddings and jello.
- You should use in custards.
- You may make the herbal tea by yourself. You add 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder in chamomile tea or other herbal teas like that. Next, you mix one-fourth cup of cool water with the gelatin powder and dissolve the mixture. Then, you add three-fourth cup of herbal tea in this mixture.
- You should make fruit snacks.
16. Cellulite Exercises
It is very necessary to do exercise every day if you want to get rid of unpleasant cellulite. There are many various kinds of exercise you can choose such as jumping, walking, jogging, skipping, swimming or yoga, etc. Aerobics, martial arts, dancing and weight lifting are very useful because they help you to remove cellulite by losing weight. Exercising regularly for about 20 minutes daily will prevent your body from various health problems and help your body control well function. This is the one of very good home remedies for cellulite. Now this article will reveal top five helpful exercises for you to choose from.
17. Squats For Thigh Cellulite
In order to do squat, you use your own weight, but you can use barbells or dumbbells to raise its intensity.
- Firstly, you stand up straight and relax.
- Secondly, you bend your knees until you see your thighs totally get parallel position to the ground.
- You keep your back straight.
- You push your glutes backward similar to sitting position.
- Next, you slowly stand up by using your legs muscles.
- You should do this three times of ten to fifteen squats.
- When you do squat, the muscles of quadriceps, hip flexors, hamstrings, glutes, and lower leg work very hard.
18. Glute Kickback
- Light dumbbell or ankle weights (optional)
- Firstly, you should wear the light dumbbell or ankle weights if you use.
- Secondly, you do hand-and-knees position with the knees and forearms that are perpendicular to the ground at once. The weight creates a force on your forearms.
- You should keep your back straight, and you should make a straight line between your head and back.
- You should look downwards.
- Slowly raise your right leg first toward backside and lift your right foot to the highest position in space until your thigh gets parallel position to the ground. Remember that your foot should be flexible during the exercise.
- Next, hold this position for a second and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat again with your left foot and leg.
- Do this daily to tone up the gluteal muscles.
19. Workout Your Muscles With Dumbbells
- Dumbbells or let your hands touch hips
- Firstly, you stretch your legs to the width of the shoulder.
- You place your toes towards about 45 degrees.
- You keep your back straight and flat.
- You hold a dumbbell in two hands and then let them stop at the hips.
- Now you step your left leg towards the left and push the left knee downwards till your left thigh gets parallel position to the ground. Your right leg still stays extended.
- Pay attention not to let the buttocks go below the knee or the left knee over the toes.
- Hold this position for a short time
- Then you return the beginning position
- Do this again with the right leg.
- Doing this exercise helps you tone up the muscles of hamstrings, abductors, glute, and quadriceps.
20. Perform Lunge
Along with the home remedies for cellulite, performing lunge is very good to removing cellulite. Now carefully read the way to perform lunge in the right manner.
- Medium-weight dumbbells for doing a reverse lunge. (not use anything for simple lunge)
- Firstly, keep your hands on the hips.
- Step your right foot forward and perform the lunge.
- Next, your upper thigh gets parallel to the floor, and your toes are in line with the knee.
- Then return to your beginning position. Do it again with the left leg.
- You should do this at least three sets of fifteen lunges with each leg.
- If you want to have more effects, you should perform reverse lunge.
- You should stretch your feet to the hip-width.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Perform lunge backward yourself with the right foot, and keep both knees perpendicular to the floor.
- You should hold for one count.
- Return your beginning position
- Repeat this 12-15 times.
- Do this with your left leg.
This exercise will support you in cellulite removal from your inner and outer hamstrings, thighs, and glutes.
21. Leg Pull
- Exercise Band
- You should tie loosely the exercise band around the ankles.
- Lie down on the ground. Keep your back and torso straight. You may place a chair close to your position to hold the chair’s leg if you cannot keep balance while doing this exercise.
- Stay down your arm at your left and right side.
- Now raise both the legs straight upward till they are above the hips. Stretch the feet outwards enough to tight the exercise band. Your feet should be flexible.
- Slowly open the legs as far as possible.
- When you fell difficult to pull and no longer open the legs, close the legs slowly and return the starting position.
- Doing this exercise daily will remove cellulite from thighs and tone up the muscles of them.
Top 5 exercises for removing cellulite will help you tone your muscles as well as lose weight to make cellulite free and your skin firm. You should practice one set of ten to fifteen repetitions with each of the exercises at least three days a week. You lift slowly counting 4 seconds to lower and 2 seconds to lift while you do these exercises. Before beginning, you need to warm up the body by stationary cycling or walking.
If you would like to learn more useful and natural home remedies for other diseases, please visit our main Home Remedies page. With the top 21 natural home remedies for cellulite on stomach & back of thigh, I hope that you can select yourself the best remedies. You should be patient and you will succeed in removing cellulite.