Kidney infection, also called pyelonephritis, is commonly caused due to a bacterial infection which spreads up from your urinary tract to your bladder, then through the urethra and come into the kidneys. This infection may affect to one or both of your kidneys. Women, particularly pregnant women, may have more ability to suffer from kidney infection than men. There are many ways of healing kidney infection pain at home by using natural solutions such as herbs, vegetables, fruits, and other ingredients. In this article, Effective Remedies will show you the best home remedies for kidney infection pain. The following writing collected information from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 18 Natural Home Remedies For Kidney Infection Pain
There are some other factors which can increase the risk of kidney infection development including obstruction in your urinary tract, the weakened immune system because of HIV, diabetes or side effects of any other treatments, using the urinary catheter too long, suffering from kidney stones, and a condition which changes or blocks the urine flow in the kidneys.
The common symptoms of kidney infection are nausea, fever, pain in the lower or side back where your kidneys are located, vomiting, burning sensation or pain during urination, abdominal pain, using the bathroom frequently, pain above your pubic bone, and change in urine color. Keep reading these following methods if you want to get rid of these symptoms.
1. Increase Fluid Intake
The first remedy in the list of top home remedies for kidney infection is to increase your fluid intake when you are suffering from kidney infection. This will help you to reduce the infection symptoms as well as to promote the faster healing process. In addition, consuming more fluid will assist you in flushing out bacteria, toxic products, and waste from your kidneys and thereby keeping them healthy and clean.
- To apply this remedy effectively, you should drink at least 8 or 10 glasses of water every day.
- You may also drink 1 or 2 glasses of lemon water or coconut water daily.
- Besides, let drink vegetable and fruit juices in order that your body may get all the necessary minerals and vitamins which it requires to help in fighting off the infection.
Note: Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages and coffee until your infection has been removed.
2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olive oil is also known as an effective product that is used to treat kidney infection and kidney stones. In fact, this oil has a high quality, which is noted for the ability to balance acidity and its flavor. Extra virgin olive oil also helps you in lubricating and flushing toxins from your liver, gall bladder, and kidneys. The combination of olive oil and lemon juice is the best way for treating kidney infection.
- You firstly take 1 tablespoon of olive oil, some drops of lemon juice and a glass filled with 8 ounces of water.
- Then you mix them together and stir well to make a fine mixture
- This mixture is safe to consume every day. Hence, you should consume it daily for a long time to keep the infection at bay.
3. Home Remedies For Kidney Infection With Parsley Juice, Honey, & Lemon
In fact, parsley juice acts as a cleanser for your kidneys by stimulating increased urine flow, which means it may assist you in flushing out microorganisms and harmful toxins present in your kidneys.
Remedy 1: Dried or crushed fresh parsley for treating kidney infection
- Dried parsley or crushed fresh parsley – 1 tablespoon
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- You firstly add the parsley into the boiling water.
- You stir them well to make a mixture and allow this mixture to steep for 5 to 7 minutes.
- After that, you strain the water and let it cool down.
- You should drink this parsley water twice per day for 2 weeks to fight kidney infection.
Remedy 2: Treat Kidney Infection With Parsley Juice, Honey, & Lemon Juice
- Parsley juice – ¼ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- At first, you put the parsley juice, honey, and lemon juice into the water
- Then you stir them well until they form a consistent mixture.
- You should drink this mixture 2 times a day during 1 to 2 weeks.
4. Baking Soda
This is one of the cheapest and home remedies for kidney infection. Baking soda may be found in most of home kitchens. It is a kind of bicarbonates; hence, it may protect your kidneys because your kidneys also have the ability to produce bicarbonates. When your kidneys begin to decrease their bicarbonate output, baking soda will be used to help them by replenishing your kidneys’ bicarbonate levels. In fact, your kidneys may produce about ½ pound of bicarbonate each day to assist in neutralizing the proper acids in your body.
To apply baking soda, you simply dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a glass filled with 8 ounces of water.
Then you drink this baking soda water every day to keep this infection at bay.
Yogurt contains probiotics and antioxidants that may help you to heal kidney infection or even to prevent it from occurring again. Yogurt has live bacteria which will inhibit the adherence of bacteria to the epithelial cells of your urinary tract. In addition, yogurt also helps you to boost your immune system. You do not go away and just eat 2 to 3 cups of yogurt containing active live cultures per day to get the best results in treating this problem.
6. Home Remedies For Kidney Infection – Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey
Apple cider vinegar has malic acid which contains antibacterial properties and thereby helping you in healing kidney infection faster. Additionally, it is beneficial in balancing the pH levels in your body as well as in preventing kidney infection from spreading.
- Organic apple cider vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 2 teaspoons
- Warm water – 1 glass
- At first, you mix the organic apple cider vinegar well with the warm water
- Then you add the honey in this water and stir well
- You should drink this twice per day for about 2 weeks.
Echinacea is helpful for healing bladder infections, flu, bloodstream infections, and various bodily infections successfully. Thanks to its immunostimulant properties, its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, Echinacea can decrease swelling of the urethra and thereby making urination less painful. You should use Echinacea as a brewed or capsule daily and apply it regularly until you get rid of this problem completely.
8. Increase Vitamin C Intake For Treating Kidney Infection
In fact, vitamin C can help your immune system in fighting off infection. It also raises the levels of acidic in your kidneys and thereby prevent the bacteria that leading to infection from growing.
- You simply eat 1 or 2 grapefruits, oranges, or any other fruits belong to citrus fruit every day.
- Besides, you may consume foods that are high in vitamin C such as kiwi, broccoli, peppers, strawberries, potatoes, tomatoes, and sprouts.
- Or you may also consume vitamin C supplements once per day, preferably with your breakfast. You should consult your doctor to get the correct dosage.
Warning: You do not consume vitamin C supplements at high-dose because they are associated with kidney stones, particularly in men.
9. Herbal Tea
Herbal tea is another remedy in the list of top home remedies for kidney infection that I want to show you. In fact, anything herbal is useful for your health. Drinking herbal teas like chamomile tea or goldenrod tea will be an effective formula to help you heal many infections including problems related to your kidneys. You should consume any of these herbal teas at least twice per day and you will see an amazing result.
10. Marshmallow Root
One of the popular home remedies for kidney infections is to use marshmallow root. Marshmallow root contains diuretic properties which will encourage the increased urine flow and thereby flushing out the toxins along with harmful products from your body. Marshmallow also may easily get rid of unfriendly organisms. Additionally, its antioxidant properties can protect cells along your urinary tract from being damaged by free radical.
- Dried marshmallow root – 1 tablespoon
- Hot water – 1 cup
- At first, you add the dried marshmallow roots in the hot water.
- Then you stir them well and let this water mixture sit for 7 to 10 minutes.
- After that, you strain the water and drink 2 or 4 cups of this water every day until your condition gets better.
Warning: Pregnant, nursing women or people who suffer from diabetes should avoid consuming marshmallow.
11. Sandalwoods And Eucalyptus
Both of two these essential oils are very effective in healing all kinds of infections. Soaking yourself in water containing some drops of these essential oils will help you a lot in getting rid of kidney infection.
- It is very easy to apply. You simply fill your tub with warm water.
- Then add 20 drops of sandalwood oil and 20 drops of eucalyptus oil in this tub.
- You stir well and soak yourself in this warm bath for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You should apply this remedy every day to feel better.
Garlic contains natural antibiotic properties that will beneficial in fighting kidney infection. In addition, it works as a diuretic to assist your kidneys in flushing out harmful microorganisms and toxins from your body.
- You just eat 3 raw garlic cloves per day when you have an empty stomach to help you resolve this disease.
- Alternatively, you may consume garlic supplements or capsules but only after you consult your doctor.
13. Corn Silk
Diuretics can help in urinating more frequently and when you are suffering from the bladder or kidney infection. This will be beneficial in flushing out the toxins along with bacteria which are harbored in your kidney and in removing the infection which may life-threatening if you do not treat it completely. Corn silk is considered as a diuretic which has been used since the 18th century for urinary tract and kidney infections.
- You may use corn silk as a tablet or make a tea by adding enough corn silk into 1 cup of water.
- Then you allow it to steep for a few minutes.
- After that, you strain the water and drink it whenever you need.
14. Epsom Salt
Seeking for home remedies for kidney infection, Epsom salt is the best choice for you. In fact, Epsom salt may help you to detoxify your body by getting rid of waste and bacteria from it. Besides, this salt also gives your kidneys a much-needed boost to kill and prevent infections. In addition, it can assist you in relaxing your nervous system while numbing the pain you can be enduring. To get the best results, you should add about two cups of Epsom salt into a tub filled with clean water. After that, you soak yourself in this tub for 20 minutes.
15. Cranberry Juice For Treating Kidney Infection
Cranberry juice is very useful for the health of your kidneys. According to a study in 2009, cranberry juice is beneficial in healing urinary tract infections and may even ward off the recurrence from young to middle-aged women. Hence, it will help you prevent kidney infection.
Cranberry juice can make your urine more acidic. This will prevent bacteria from thriving on your bladder wall and thereby lessening the risk of infection.
You’d better drink 1 glass of cranberry juice (unsweetened) every day. You have to remember not to drink this juice too much or in extended time periods because it may lead to side effects. If you drink more than one liter of the cranberry juice per day for a long time, you may raise the ability to develop kidney stones.
Apples are rich in anti-inflammatory properties and fiber. Hence, it will help you to heal kidney infection. Apples may keep your urine more acidic naturally to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. Consuming this fruit regularly may even decrease the risk of problems related to kidneys.
17. Hot Water Compress
Pain in your lower abdomen, hips, and back is very common when you are suffering from kidney infection. You may use hot compresses to help you reduce pain, relax your abdomen muscles and relieve your bladder pressure. In addition, it also helps you to reduce inflammation.
- Firstly, you take a heating pad or hot water bottle.
- Then you put it directly on your lower abdominal area, hips, and back for several minutes.
- You may apply this remedy as you need.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 18 natural home remedies for kidney infection, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of kidney infection pain quickly and easily. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for kidney infection, please leave them below.