Migraines are characterized by a throbbing pain. Sometimes, migraines occur on one side of the head. And they may last from 4 to 72 hours. Additionally, the symptoms of migraines are very different and each person has his/ her own symptom. You may get the sensory warning signs; for instance, nausea, vomiting, blind spots, tingling in the legs and arms, and so on. Sometimes, before migraines occur, some people will be able to have irritability, a stiff neck, frequent yawning, food craving, and so on. And the reasons causing migraines are usually stress, loud noises, skipping meals, alcohol, smoke, low blood sugar, dehydration, irregular sleep, allergies, strong smells, bright lights, poor posture and hormonal fluctuation. As usual, you always take some medicines in order to reduce the pain, right? However, if you take medicines too many times, it may cause some serious side effects. So now, why don’t you try some natural home remedies for migraines? If “yes”, please continue reading this article on our page EffectiveRemedies.com which will present to you top 13 natural home remedies for migraines relief that work fast you can follow to get rid of your migraines.
Top 13 Natural Home Remedies For Migraines Relief That Work Fast
These are 13 home remedies for migraines relief which you can do to get rid of migraines fast within hours.
1. Home Remedies for Migraines with Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey
For example, controlling the blood sugar, reducing migraines, promoting weight loss, regulating high blood pressure, reducing bone pain and relieving constipation. Thus, why don’t you try apple cider vinegar to stop your migraines? And you should follow this detailed instruction here:
- Firstly, add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to water (maybe a glass)
- Then add a tablespoon of honey
- Mix everything well together
- Drink this once a day daily to prevent or treat migraines. You should continue in a month. It will make your migraines disappear.
Besides, when migraines come, you are able to take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to reduce the pain.
2. Ice Pack
Perhaps, using the ice pack is one of the effective home remedies for migraines. It will help you to reduce pain which is caused by migraines. So when you decide to use ice pack, you ought to do these steps below:
- Use a clean towel to wrap some ice cubes
- Place on your temples, back of your neck or forehead for about 15 minutes
- Do this when migraines attack you
Sometimes, when migraines make you hurt, you also try hot or cold compress for 15 minutes. If you want to get the best result, you may add a few drops of lavender oil or peppermint oil into the water for compress.
3. Home Remedies for Migraines With Peppermint & Lavender Oil
One of the effective home remedies for migraines is the peppermint. It contains the anti-inflammatory properties which can soothe the nerves. Also, it includes calming and antispasmodic effect. In a study in 2008, we found that peppermint has the fragrance which can induce the feeling combined with headaches relief. And in order to make this remedy, you should follow this direction:
- Make a combination between a drop of peppermint oil and a drop of lavender oil. Sometimes, you just use peppermint oil only.
- Massage your temples with the combination
- Leave it on for about 20 or 30 minutes.
- Do this remedy when migraines attack you. It will give a relief.
Alternatively, you can drink peppermint tea with honey when migraines come and attack you.
4. Home Remedies for Migraines with Cayenne Pepper & Lemon Juice
Cayenne pepper is a good home remedy to treat migraines too. It can improve the blood flow along with stimulating circulation. Additionally, with the capsaicin inside, it can act as the natural painkiller. So if migraines come and attack you, please follow these steps to reduce the pain.
- Add a half teaspoon or a teaspoon of cayenne pepper into a cup of warm water
- Mix well
- Add honey or lemon juice if you want
- Drink the liquid in order to cure your migraines when they occur
5. Home Remedies for Migraines with Chamomile & Lemon Juice Tea
The anti-inflammatory, soothing and antispasmodic properties in the chamomile will help you to relieve migraines. In order to get the best result, you should use the German chamomile. So, if you want your migraines to be taken away, please follow this detailed instruction here:
- Take a cup of boiling water
- Add two or three teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers
- Let it steep for a few minutes (maybe 5 minutes or more)
- Add some lemon juice or honey if you want
- Strain it and drink the tea three or four times per day to relieve your migraines’ symptoms.
- Continue do this every day in a month or until your migraines are reduced
Sometimes, you also use this method below when migraines make you hurt.
- Take the same equal amount of chamomile, meadowsweet and horehound
- Add them into a cup of boiling water
- Allow them to steep at least 5 minutes
- Drink it after straining in order to relieve the pain immediately
6. Home Remedies for Migraines with Ginger Tea
Ginger is one of the effective home remedies for migraines too. Because of being able to block prostaglandins, ginger can impact hormones, promote muscle contractions as well as regulate inflammation in blood vessels. So when migraines attack you and make you hurt, let’s implement these instructions here to relieve your pain:
- Make a cup of ginger tea and then drink it a few times during the day.
- Sometimes, when you get migraines, it is very simple to chew a piece of ginger. It will relieve the pain and the symptoms such as digestive distress and nausea
7. Home Remedies for Migraines with Feverfew & Peppermint Leaf Tea
Feverfew is a good way to treat migraines. It has been used many centuries. It includes parthenolide which can not only prevent the inflammation but also relieve spasms. Besides, it can neutralize prostaglandins. Thereby, it can decrease the pain. And if you use feverfew, you will be able to follow the direction here:
- Pour a teaspoon of peppermint leaves and a teaspoon of feverfew into a cup of boiling water
- Let they steep for about 30 minutes
- Drink this tea a few times during a day until your migraines are taken away
Or you can follow the instructions below:
- Take two or three fresh feverfew leaves and then you eat them when migraines occur
- Take dried leaf capsules (you should take 50 – 100 mg every day in order to stay away from migraines)
8. Home Remedies for Migraines With Sesame Oil & Cinnamon Powder
When you have migraines or headaches, the best remedy which will have the effect on them are massage. Massaging your head will ease your migraines because it blocks the pain signals which are sent to the brain. Also, it is able to boost serotonin activity as well as stimulate certain serotonin receptors. So when you get migraines and they make you hurt, you are able to follow the direction below:
- Take two tablespoons of sesame oil and then heat it
- Mix a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a half teaspoon of cardamom powder with the oil well
- Apply the combination on your forehead
- Massage gently
- Leave it on about a few hours (at least one hour)
- Wash off with water
Sometimes, you just use your first two fingers to massage your head in the circular motion. While massaging, pay attention: there are pressure points at the locations such as the middle of the forehead, the corners of the eyes and the base of the skull. And when you press these locations correctly, you will feel better.
9. Home Remedies for Migraines with Apple
Eating fruit is good or healthy for you. Apples are so nutritious that if you eat an apple every day, you will not ever need to go to a doctor.
Apple is very popular fruit and it also brings a lot of benefits for the health problem. As soon as you face the pain caused by migraines, why don’t you try the apple? You just need to eat an apple when migraines attack you. It will give you a relief from the pain. Furthermore, some studies show that when you smell the green apple, it also gives a relief by shortening migraine episodes.
10. Home Remedies for Migraines with Coffee & Squeezed Lemon Juice
Containing caffeine, coffee can block the certain receptors and restrict the blood vessels. So a cup of coffee may help you to reduce migraines’ symptoms.
So when you get migraines, make a cup of coffee and then drink it. If you want to have the best result, you ought to add some drops of squeezed lemon juice because it can counteract the effects of acidic diets.
Pay attention: if you drink too much coffee, or in other words, you take too much caffeine, it is very harmful to your health. It may make your migraines or headaches become worse
11. Fennel Seeds, Lavender, Lemon Balm & Chamomile
One of the best home remedies for migraines is the fennel seed. When migraines come and attack you, please do this recipe here and it will make your pain be taken away. But before doing, you should prepare these ingredients well:
- A half teaspoon of fennel seeds
- A half teaspoon of lavender
- A teaspoon of lemon balm
- A teaspoon of chamomile
- Milk or honey (optional)
Now let’s carry out:
- Pour all the ingredients into a cup of boiling water
- Allow them to steep for about 10 minutes
- Add milk or honey if you want
- Drink this tea when migraines hurt you
12. Rice Sock
Rice is very important to our lives because it is the main cooking ingredient. Besides, it can be used as a remedy to cure migraines too. It can provide us with vitamin B2 which can work as a preventative for migraines. Therefore, when migraines give you a pain, why don’t you try a rice sock? And to make a rice sock, these things should be prepared well:
- 1 kg rice (any kind of rice)
- A needle
- A ribbon
Now let’s do this:
- First fill the sock with rice
- Then tightly sew the top closed or tie it closed
- Put it in the microwave to heat it for 1 or 2 minutes. Make sure it is not too hot
- Place the sock on your neck. It will help you relieve the pain when migraines attack you
Sometimes, you can add a few drops of essential oil to the rice sock in order to have a better result. And peppermint oil and lavender oil are considered as the best essential oils you ought to use.
Salt is also a good remedy to treat migraines. If you want to use salt as a home remedy, you should follow this recipe:
- Prepare a hot bath
- Pour 1 or 2 cups of salt into it
- Soak your body for 15 minutes and relax. It will give a relief or prevention from the pain when migraines hurt you.
If you want to know more about natural at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 13 home remedies for migraines relief that work fast, hope that it can help you find out the best and the most suitable home remedies to get rid of your migraines easily and quickly. However, the article is only for the informational purpose; therefore, you should see your doctor in order to get the advice before applying any home remedies for migraines If you have any question, or you know other at home remedies for migraines, please leave them below.