Pimple is a popular skin condition that influences many people. Pimple is an inflammation of your skin. It makes the sebaceous glands be infected with bacteria and fill with pus. There are many ways of healing pimples at home by using vegetables, fruits and many more. In this article, EffectiveRemedies.com will show you top 29 natural home remedies for pimples on back, face & other body parts. The following writing collected information from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 29 Natural Home Remedies For Pimples On Back, Face & Others
As we know, lemon is a natural bleacher. But do you know lemon is also one of the most effective home remedies for pimples? Yes, you can combine or mix lemon with many other ingredients to eliminate those pimples. Here are some remedies that you can do with lemon to eliminate pimples.
Remedy 1: Lemon and groundnut oil
- This combination may be the easiest home treatment for pimples. You just mix 1 tablespoon of lime juice with 1 tablespoon of groundnut oil.
- Then you apply this mixture on your face.
- This remedy can help in preventing blackheads which are the foundations for pimples!
Remedy 2: Lemon and rosewater
- First of all, you get a mixture by mixing lime juice and rose water at an equal ratio.
- Next, you apply it on your pimples.
- You allow it to be on there for about 30 minutes.
- Then you rinse it off with clean water.
- It’s very simple to do but you should remember to apply this remedy daily during 2 to 4 weeks depending on your condition.
Remedy 3: Lemon with cinnamon and sandalwood powder
- The combination of lemon with cinnamon and sandalwood powder is a great way to get rid of pimples! You just mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder with some drops of lime juice to get a fine paste.
- Then you apply this paste on pimples as same as you did in remedy 2.
- You should apply it daily and after 2 to 4 weeks, you will see the improvements.
Remedy 4: Lemon with egg white
- Applying a combination of egg whites and lime juice is beneficial for treating pimples. You just apply a little fresh lime juice on the pimples.
- Then you dab a little egg white on there.
- You let it be there for about 30 minutes.
- Now you wash it off with clean water.
- You should try this process daily to get relief from pimples on your face.
2. White Toothpaste
It is the best when you use it after applying the ice remedy. You have to use white toothpaste and avoid applying gel toothpaste.
- First of all, you apply a little white toothpaste on your affected skin area before you go to bed.
- In the next morning, you wash your face with clean water.
- Keep applying this process and you can eliminate the swelling as well as pimples.
Garlic is known as one of the natural remedies for pimples due to its antibacterial properties. You can either consume it, or use it topically to help in reducing the severity of your pimples and prevent them from recurring in the future. Extracting the garlic to get its juice to drink is a great way to treat pimples. However, if you cannot take its juices, you can mash it up and put it in a little water to drink.
You will need…
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- A little water
- Firstly, you extract the garlic juice or you mash up 2 to 3 cloves and soak it to water for 10 minutes to get the garlic water.
- Using a cotton pad and soak it to the juice of the garlic.
- Then you rub the cotton to your affected area
- Do it daily to get rid of pimples quickly.
- If you choose to eat garlic, you should eat only 1 to 2 cloves a day.
There are many home remedies for pimples, keep following this article to have more information!
Honey is known as a source of natural antibiotics which may stimulate the healing process and help in preventing infections.
- First of all, you soak a clean cotton swab to honey.
- Then you put it directly on your affected area.
- Next, you let it be on your affected area for about half an hour.
- You rinse your skin well with warm water.
- You should do this process a few times per day to get the best results.
Papaya is a vital ingredient in many beauty products that you can find on the market nowadays. However, it is not necessary for you to go out to gain its interests? Using plain raw papaya is one of home remedies for pimples. It can help you in removing dead skin cells as well as excess lipids from your skin. Therefore, it makes your skin become soft and smooth. Moreover, papaya also has an enzyme which is called papain. This kind of enzyme can help in reducing inflammation and preventing the pus from forming.
- 1 fresh papaya
- Firstly, you wash your face with clean water and pat dry.
- Secondly, you take the flesh of the papaya and then crush it well until it is a fine paste so that you can easily apply to your skin.
- Next, you allow it to stay on your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, you wash off completely with lukewarm water. If your skin becomes dry after you clean it, you should use a suitable moisturizer cream for your skin after that.
6. Cucumber To Treat Pimples
Cucumber has a large amount of vitamins such as A, C, E and potassium. It is also beneficial in soothing and cooling as well as treating pimples on your face. Here are some home remedies for pimples by using cucumber that you may try.
- First of all, you slice 1 or 2 fresh cucumbers into many pieces.
- Then you dip them into the water for an hour. In this time, the nutrients, such as potassium, chlorophyll, and vitamin A can transfer to the water.
- Next, you strain the water and then you drink or use this water to rinse your face.
- You can make a face mask by crushing 1 cucumber.
- Then you apply this mask on face and wait for about 15 minutes in order to let it dry.
- Finally, you rinse your face with lukewarm water. This process will help you in cleaning bacteria and dirt from your pores.
7. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of effective home remedies for pimples. It helps in exfoliating your skin to eliminate excess oil, dead skin cells, and dirt.
- Firstly, you take a fine paste by mixing 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a little lemon juice or water
- Then, you clean your skin and allow it to be wet slightly.
- Next, you rub the paste gently on your affected areas and let it dry for about 5 minutes. Remember not to allow baking soda to stay on your skin more than 5 minutes because it can lead to dryness or irritation.
- Finally, you rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Keep repeating this process 2 times a day to get the improvements quickly.
Know more: 34 Natural home solutions for removing warts
Ice is beneficial in reducing the redness, swelling, and inflammation of pimples quickly. Hence, it is used as one of home remedies for pimples. It can help you to promote blood circulation to the affected area and tighten your skin pores as well as eliminate the skin area where contained dirt and oil. In addition, you can apply ice cubes or crushed ice, whichever you feel convenient.
- Firstly, you wrap the ice into a clean cloth.
- Then you apply it on your affected skin area for a few seconds.
- You should repeat this process after a few minutes and keep doing it many times a day to get rid of pimples.
9. Tea Tree Oil
You may know about the effect of tea tree oil on many home remedies, however, almost you will see that it is mentioned most in treating skin diseases, specifically pimples. Tea tree oil is not similar to the oil that your skin produces naturally. It seems to be known as a solvent which can reduce the extra sebum, dead skin cells and unblock your pores. Its antibacterial properties that may prevent further outbreaks will have the ability to eliminate bacteria causing the pimples.
Note: You should not swallow it. In addition, you should combine it with water before using.
- A small bottle of tea tree oil.
- Clean water
- Cotton balls or clean cloth
- First of all, you wash your face with water and pat dry.
- Next, you mix tea tree oil with water at a ratio of 1:9.
- Then you dip a cotton ball/clean cloth in the mixture and apply it on your problem areas.
- If you want to get a dilution more strongly, you should begin to raise the strength slowly after a while.
- You have to make sure that you apply a new mixture at least for a week in order to make it stronger. You may use a light moisturizer afterwards if you want.
- Especially if your face skin is sensitive, remember to combine it with aloe vera gel to replace water.
Keep reading this writing about home remedies for pimples to get more tips!
10. Make A Honey And Cinnamon Mask
Honey is sticky while cinnamon is spicy. The combination of these two ingredients can help in getting rid of pimples. Cinnamon contains antimicrobial properties that can help in preventing bacteria from getting out of your hand. And honey is a natural antibiotic that is ready and waiting to clean the little buggers out.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Paper towels
- At first, you rinse your face with clean water and pat dry.
- Then you mix 2 tbsp of honey with 1 tsp of cinnamon together to get a fine paste.
- Next, you apply this paste on your face or affected areas and allow it to stay on there for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You wash off completely and pat the face dry. This is a sticky paste, so you have to make sure that you take some paper towels on your hand.
11. Egg Whites
Using egg white is an easy and affordable treatment to help in reducing pimples and fade scars that are caused by pimples. Egg whites are helpful for your skin because they contain full of proteins and vitamins. Both of them combat pimples and help in rebuilding your skin cells. They also eliminate the excess oil that means excess sebum on your skin. You just make sure to apply a good moisturizer after doing this process because they can make you skin dry out a bit.
- 2 or 3 egg whites
- At first, you wash your face with clean water and pat dry.
- Then you separate 2 or 3 egg whites from the yolks.
- Next, you whisk the egg whites till they are frothy and then you let them in place for a few minutes.
- Now, you use the fingertips to rub the mixture on your face or problem spots.
- You should cover it by 3 to 4 layers. However, you have to make sure that you wait the first layer has dried before you apply another layer.
- You let the mask sit and dry for 20 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse off completely with lukewarm water and use a soft washcloth to pat dry.
- You should apply a suitable moisturizer for your skin type after doing this process.
12. Cinnamon Face Pack
Using cinnamon is one of the simplest home remedies for pimples. Cinnamon contains antimicrobial properties that will help in treating your pimples quickly.
- Firstly, you mix a little cinnamon powder with some drops of honey and gram flour in order to get a fine paste.
- Then you apply this paste on your face.
- Keep waiting for about 15 minutes until the paste becomes drying.
- At this time, you massage gently your face in a circular motion. It will eliminate all the dirt and oil that leave on your face and make your face smooth and glowing.
As we know, turmeric contains the anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties make turmeric become the most healing spice which may be used to treat pimples. Here are some home remedies for pimples using turmeric you can apply to get rid of pimple quickly.
- You make a fine paste by mixing some teaspoons of turmeric powder with a little water.
- Then you apply this paste on pimples.
- You should allow it on your face for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, you wash off with lukewarm water. You may use honey to replace water for its antiseptic property.
- You mix turmeric powder with sandalwood powder at an equal ratio.
- Then you combine it with a little rose water to make a smooth paste.
- Next, you apply this paste directly on your pimples and wait for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, you wash off with lukewarm water. This process not only makes your pimples go away but also gives you a glowing skin.
- You extract some coriander leaves to get the juices.
- Then you grind a fresh turmeric and mix it with the juice make a fine paste.
- Now, you apply this paste on your pimples to eliminate them.
- You rinse off with water after 15 to 20 minutes of using it
- You should repeat this process daily to get the best results.
Note: Using turmeric may leave yellow spots on your face, pillow cover, your hands or any other place where you touch or sit on. Therefore, be careful when you use turmeric for healing your pimples. You do not allow turmeric to stay on your skin for a long time or you will have to be inside for a few days because the pale spots will leave on the skin! You should always rinse off turmeric with warm water to eliminate the spots.
14. The Wonderful Fenugreek
Fenugreek is one of many spices that can be used to treat hundreds of skin diseases including pimples. You may use fenugreek leaves or its seeds for your different purposes. You can follow either of these home remedies for pimples using fenugreek to get rid of them.
Remedy 1: (Use Fenugreek Leaves)
- First of all, you crush some fenugreek leaves to make a fine paste. You can add a little water if required.
- Then you apply this paste directly on your pimples.
- Keep allowing it to stay on your pimples until it dries.
- After it dries up, you wash it off with clean water.
Remedy 2: (Use Fenugreek Seeds)
- At first, you grind them to get the fenugreek seed powder.
- Then you combine it with a little water to make a fine paste.
- Next, you apply the paste on your pimples and leave it on there overnight.
- You should repeat this process at least a week or more to get rid of pimples.
15. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can kill off the bacteria which may lead to all the troubles for your body. It also has the ability to balance the pH of the skin and thereby making it harder for bacteria to thrive. Besides, using apple cider vinegar will help in drying up excess oil. However, you should not overdo as well as dry out the skin too much. This may make the sebaceous glands work more to compensate and thereby triggering an outbreak.
- Fresh unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Pure water
- First of all, you rinse your face with clean water and pat dry.
- Then you mix apple cider vinegar with pure water at the ratio of 1:3.
- Next, you soak a cotton ball/clean cloth to the mixture and apply it directly on the affected areas.
- Keep allowing it to stay in place for about 10 minutes or overnight.
- You should apply this process several times a day and wash your face thoroughly afterward.
Note: Remember to use a moisturizing cream after following this process, or when you feel that your skin is getting dry.
16. Milk And Yogurt (Or Honey)
It seems that using milk can improve the outbreaks and your skin tone. The reason for why using milk leads to pimples is due to the extra hormones in it. However, this seems happen when you ingest milk directly. When you use it externally, it just makes your skin soothe as well as helps in toning down the redness of your skin. In another way, you can also use yogurt in order to eliminate pimples and their scars. The acids in yogurt are antibacterial that can help you to get rid of bacteria on your skin while the fat can provide moisture and make your skin healthy.
- 1 tablespoon of plain milk/yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
- At first, you let milk/yogurt be in room temperature (or close to) so that you do not get a chilly shock when putting it on your skin.
- Then you mix 1 tablespoon of milk/yogurt thoroughly with 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Next, you soak a cotton pad to this mixture, rub and pat it on your face.
- You let each of layers dry before rubbing a new layer till the mask is thick as you want.
- Keep allowing this mask to stay on your face for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse your mask off with clean water and use a washcloth to pat dry.
- You should moisturize your skin as usual whenever you finish this process.
Keep following this writing about natural home remedies for pimples to have more information!
17. Make An Orange Peel Face Mask
Pimples that are caused by dead skin cells/extra oil and bacteria clogging up your pores can improve by using orange peel face mask. Because orange peel contains a large amount of citric acid, astringent properties, and vitamin C. Vitamin C is particularly beneficial in promoting the growth of your new healthy cells and keeping the skin in better condition overall.
- 2 oranges
- A little fresh water
- First of all, you wash your face with fresh water and pat dry.
- Then you take the peels of 2 oranges and grind it by using mortar and pestle or a blender.
- Next, you combine it with a little water to make a fine paste.
- Now, you apply this paste directly on your face or problem areas.
- Keep waiting for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse off completely with clean water and use a towel to pat your face dry.
- You should use a moisturizing cream afterward.
18. Strawberries And Honey
Using a mixture of honey and strawberries is one of wonderful home remedies for pimples. Strawberries are high in salicylic acid. In fact, salicylic acid is a primary ingredient in many acne treatments. It encourages your epidermis to shed the cells more readily, opens up the clogged pores, and neutralizes bacteria. In addition, it also shrinks up your pores. That can prevent your pores from clogging up too much in the future as well as encourage the new cell growth. While honey is anti-inflammatory and acts against bacteria which may be the reason causing your pimples.
- 3 fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- At first, you rinse your face with clean water and pat dry.
- Next, you wash 3 strawberries and then you grind them well. You should take care that they do not get over mashed and runny.
- Now, you combine it with 2 teaspoons of raw honey and thoroughly mix them together to get a fine paste.
- You apply this paste on your face and allow this paste to sit in place for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse off completely with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- You should moisturize if your skin becomes dry. Apply this process twice a week during at least a month to have the best results.
19. Aloe Vera For Pimples
Aloe vera gel may be combined with many other things to fight pimples. However, it is the best when using it without mixing anything. It is wonderful if you have some aloe vera plants grown in your house. Aloe vera not only helps you in soothing, it also acts as an anti-inflammatory to help in decreasing redness and swelling. Besides, it has antibacterial properties to eliminate the dead skin cells.
- Some aloe vera leaves
- First of all, you wash your face with clean water and pat dry.
- Next, you extract some aloe vera leaves to get its gel.
- Then you use your fingertips to apply the aloe vera gel directly on your problem areas.
- Keep waiting for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse off with clean water.
- You should do this process daily until you have the improvement.
20. Sugar Scrub
White or brown sugar can help you to eliminate the excess skin cells that clog up your pores. Just combine it with olive oil, honey, or plain water and you may have a sweet mixture to help in getting rid of your pimples. Here is one of home remedies for pimples by using sugar you can follow to treat pimples.
- 1 ½ cups of brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of crude sea salt
- 10 tablespoons of fresh vanilla extract
- A half cup of virgin olive oil
- At first, you mix 1 ½ cups of white sugar with 1 ½ cups of brown sugar.
- Next, you combine it with 2 or 3 tablespoons of crude sea salt for the extra exfoliation and mix well.
- Then you place about 2 cups of this mixture into a bowl.
- You add the virgin olive oil to the bowl and allow it to soak through a half of the mixture.
- After that, you mix it well in the bowl, and then you add it to the rest of the mixture. You continue to add 4 or 5 tablespoons of fresh vanilla extract and mix it well.
- Now you place this mixture into a bottle to store it.
- You apply this mixture on your affected areas.
- Keep allowing it to stay in place for about 15 minutes and rinse off with clean water.
- You should use this mixture regularly to eliminate pimples quickly.
21. Wash Your Pillowcase
Technically, you should wash your pillowcase at least once a week. However, most of us do not practice this. If you never wash your pillowcase, all the stuff which gets rubbed to it then contact with your face for about 6-8 hours every night and makes your pimple problem more serious. You should keep a clean and comfortable place to rest your head and you will protect your face from bacteria.
22. Mint Leaves
Mint contains menthol that can work as a natural anti-inflammatory as well as help in reducing pain. It won’t heal your pimples instantly, however, it may help you to get rid of the redness and eliminate the discomfort that is caused by painful swelling. Here is one of home remedies for pimples by using mint leaves you can follow to treat pimples effectively
- Fresh mint leaves
- At first, you wash your face with clean water and pat dry.
- Next, you grind some fresh mint leaves thoroughly by using a blender.
- Then you rub it directly on your face.
- Keep allowing it to stay for about 5 to 10 minutes before washing off thoroughly with cold water.
- You should repeat this process regularly until you get rid of pimples.
23. Green Tea
Some studies claimed that green tea has a noticeable impact on pimples when used both internally and externally. Green tea contains an antioxidant called epigallocatechin-3-gallate or EGCG that was shown to decrease sebum production, bacterial growth, and inflammation on your skin. Here is one of home remedies for pimples by using green tea you can apply to treat pimples on your skin.
- A half cup of fresh water
- 1 green tea bag or 2 teaspoons of loose organic tea leaves.
- First of all, you have to rinse your face with clean water, and pat dry by using a soft clean towel.
- Then you pour boiling water over 2 teaspoons of loose organic tea leaves or 1 green tea bag put in a clean bowl.
- You steep for about 4-5 minutes and then you strain the leaves and let the water cool in a comfortable temperature.
- Now, you put this water to a spray bottle and lightly spritz your face.
- Or you can soak a cotton pad/clean cloth and apply this directly on your pimples.
- You should rinse your face with clean water after you do this process.
- You may also drink 1 or 2 cups of this water per day instead
Potato is a great vegetable for treating pimples. Potato contains a large amount of potassium, phosphorus, sulfur, and chloride. All components in it can help in reducing pimples and bothersome blemishes. It also contains antioxidants that nourish your skin as well as encourage the healthy growth of your new skin cells.
- 1raw potato
- Of course, first of all, you have to rinse your face with clean water and pat dry.
- Now you grind 1 raw potato and it directly on your face.
- You should wait for a few minutes in order to let it dry.
- And then you rinse off completely with lukewarm water.
- This is very simple to apply. You should do it daily to have the best results.
25. Avocado & Honey Mask
Avocado contains full of good nutrients and vitamins that can really help in toning down the pimples. There are many different combinations you may try applying and here is one of home remedies for you to treat pimples:
You will need…
- A avocado
- A tablespoon of raw honey
- Firstly, you rinse your face with clean water and pat dry.
- Now, you scrap out the peel of the avocado and mash it up.
- Then you combine it with honey and stir it well to make a fine paste
- Next, you apply it directly on your skin and let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, you wash off your skin with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- You may apply moisturizer depending on your skin type.
There are many other natural home remedies for pimples presented in the next part of this writing, so keep reading it to discover more!
If you soak or cook oatmeal powder and use it like a mask, it can help you to decrease the inflammation & unsightly redness that accompany with breakouts. You add a little honey to oatmeal in order to make a mask and you will have a wonderful treatment for healing pimples. Remember that only using oatmeal will not help you to cure your pimples, thereby you should combine it with honey for removing pimples quickly.
You will need…
- Some teaspoons of oatmeal powder
- A little water
- 2 tbsp of the raw honey
- At first, you mix some teaspoons of oatmeal powder with boiling water.
- While it is still hot, you add 2 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Let the mixture cool as room temperature.
- Then you apply it on your affected areas.
- You leave it in place for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
27. Make It Steamy
This is one of simple and effective home remedies for pimples. Steam can help in soothing a number of minor diseases including pimples. By opening up your pores and eliminating impurities that are lurking deep in your skin, steam helps in reducing pimples, and their glaring appearance. You can choose to apply only steam, or you may use something afterwards.
You will need…
- A pot of boiling water
- A towel
- A large bowl
- At first, you boil a pot of water and put it into a large bowl.
- You allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- After the temperature has lowered slightly, you put your face above this bowl and drape a towel over the head in order to trap the steam.
- You should remove the towel after 10 to 15 minutes and pat your face dry.
- Keep doing this process once a day or as you need.
28. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth is also known as Multani mitti that is useful for greasy skin and pimple because it absorbs excess oil and opens your pores. It also helps in improving your complexion.
- First of all, you mix fuller’s earth (multani mitti), sandalwood powder and rose water at an equal ratio.
- Then you apply the mud pack on your face.
- After it dries, you wash your face with clean water.
- You should repeat this process once a week.
29. Indian Lilac
It is also known as neem that may be used for healing many various skin problems. It has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties which can help in killing the bacteria causing pimples. Besides, it can soothe the redness as well as inflammation of your skin.
- Firstly, you grind some Indian lilac leaves and mix them with a little water to get a fine paste.
- Then you combine it with some teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Next, you apply it directly on your affected area.
- Keep waiting for about 20 minutes and wash it off with clean water.
- You should do this process at least 2 times a week.
- You may also apply Indian lilac oil several times a day till you see the improvement.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Effective Remedies page. After reading the article of top 29 natural home remedies for pimples on back, face & other body parts, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of pimples quickly and easily.