Possessing beautiful and white skin seems to be a desire for most people. However, due to some reasons, your skin has to endure scars, which is one of the popular beauty concerns. It not only affects your skin’s health but also loses your confidence on some occasions. Scar tissue appears to replace the normal skin above the damaged layer of skin. The reasons of scar tissue are a lot including burn, acne, cuts, fungal infection, scrapes, bites, surgery…Scar tissue looks the same with healthy skin, but in fact, the fibers structure is different. It does not cause pain but really affects your appearance.
Even though scar tissue disappears naturally after a long time, it still causes you so much trouble that you just want to remove it as soon as possible. To get rid of scars, you can use a dozen of medical treatments, but there are natural treatments that you can apply to mitigate scar tissue without side effects. If you are bearing scars, you should consider reading this article, Effective Remedies is going to show you top 26 best natural home remedies for scars removal on legs and other body parts. Hopefully, after taking the following remedies, your scars will be faded away and your skin will become lighter. However, remember that the result will vary among people depending on the depth of scars and the severity of the issue, so be conscious to choose the best treatment for your skin. Scars, on its own, also will fade away naturally after a period of time.
Top 26 Natural Home Remedies For Scars Removal On Legs & Other Body Parts
Here are the best natural home remedies for scars removal you should give a try.
1. Extract Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is the kind of herb with so many functionalities when applied to hair, skin, and critical health problem. In curing scars, it is also used widely by so many people. It is believed to regenerate skin tissue as well as reduce the scar’s size. Besides, included in aloe vera is moisturizing and soothing compounds, so it can help mitigate inflammation and raise the skin elasticity. It also helps to remove dead skin fast with an anti-inflammatory property, mitigate swelling, help to fix damaged skin and enhance the growth of new skin. If you are looking for effective natural home remedies for scars removal, then aloe vera is a great idea for you. You can take aloe vera in forms of fluid, gels, and lotions. The following guide gives you the instruction of aloe vera gel:
- First, you cut the aloe vera into half and crush it to extract its gel
- You use the gel to apply directly to the scars area and massage gently for a few minutes.
- You let it be dry naturally, then rinse it off with tepid water
- Repeat this process daily for 1-2 months.
2. Wash Scars With Lemon
In dealing with scar tissue, you should really utilize lemon, which is among the best natural home remedies for scars removal. As you may know, loaded in lemon is alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), which is extracted to remove dead skin tissue, at the same time, regenerate and reduce damaged skin, fortify new skin and provide elasticity to the skin. Besides, it is considered a bleacher that helps to lighten blemishes and scars.
- First of all, you need to wash the scar and surrounding area thoroughly
- Let dip a cotton ball in a teaspoon of lime
- Apply the cotton ball treated with lime directly on the scarred area
- Let it rest for 10 minutes, and then you rinse it off with fresh water
Using lime may make your skin become more sensitive, so be sure take on sunscreen when you have to go out while still being treated with lemon juice.
3. Make Paste From Fenugreek
Using fenugreek is the simple way to eliminate scars. If you have never heard about it, then it’s time to try it now. You just simply make the paste from fenugreek and apply to your scars, and then you will see the situation is controlled well.
- The first choice for you is to mix some ground fenugreek seeds with water to make a paste, and then apply it to your scars as a mask. After a long time, you will see the positive result on your scars.
- Or you can boil the fenugreek seeds with water, and then use a blender to get them blended well. After that, you will get a paste, and you can apply it to your affected skin as it is cooled down. Leave the paste there for a short time, when you are done, take it off and rinse it off with water. Reapply this method as much as necessary if you want to remove scars completely.
4. Remove Scars With Raw Honey
Honey is extremely a magical treatment in a ton of natural home remedies for scars removal. It is widely used to fade the scars away because it possesses natural ability such as fast moisturizing, infection healing, therefore, it is not strange when raw honey is used to cure wounds and stimulate regeneration of damaged skin. Also, it can help to reduce the growth of excess collagen as well as dead skin accumulation. There are many ways for you to benefit from honey, keep tracking:
The first option is applying directly raw honey on the scarred area
- Before using this remedy, you need to clean the scarred area thoroughly
- Then take some raw honey with clean tool and apply it to the affected area
- Massage the area gently for 10 minutes
- After that, let it sit for 1 hour, then rinse the honey off with fresh water
- Reapply this process 2 times per day for several weeks until you see your scars fade away.
The second choice is combining honey with baking soda which is commonly used as well
- First, you combine 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Stir it well and use the paste to apply on your scarred area
- You massage the area gently for 2-3 minutes
- Then you place a clean washcloth over the treated area
- Wait till the washcloth becomes cool, you wipe the affected area with it
- You should reapply this process for 3-4 times per week for some months to see the best result.
5. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar
When talking about natural home remedies for scars removal, we cannot forget apple cider vinegar. With its great functionality, apple cider vinegar is commonly used as a potent treatment for scars. It is believed to get rid of scars because founded in it is acidic nature which helps to exfoliate the affected skin and eliminate dead skin, thereby getting back the light appearance for your skin in a short time.
- You need to prepare a clean cotton ball dipped into the apple cider vinegar first
- Then you apply it directly to your affected skin
- Leave it there for 5-10 minutes, and rinse it off with water
- You can apply some moisturizing lotion on that
- Reapply this process several times a day for few weeks
Or you can even
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water with the ratio 1:2 to make solution
- Apply this solution to your scarred skin after cleansing your face and before you go to bed.
- Apply moisturizer after that then it will speed up the healing process on your skin
If your skin is sensitive with strong apple cider vinegar, dilute it with water before applying it on your skin.
6. Use Baking Soda To Make Paste
Baking soda seems to be a must-have item in every kitchen, but it is also one of the best natural home remedies for scars removal. In baking soda, there exist anti-inflammatory that can wipe away scars quickly. You can make a paste from baking soda to apply on your scars area.
- First, you just need to take 5 tbsp. of baking soda, and then combine it with 1 tbsp. of water. You stir them well to make a paste.
- After that, you apply the paste on your scars and let it be dry naturally.
- Then you wash it off with fresh water
- Reapply this process several times to see the best result.
7. Massage Scars Area With Coconut Oil
In treating problems relating to the skin, taking the use of essential oils seems to be indispensable treatment. Curing scars, using oils is also a great idea. You can take use of such kinds of oil as olive, coconut, lavender, tea tree and cod liver oil as they are really effective natural home remedies for scars removal. Such oils contain enough strong properties to heal scars and remove dead skin thoroughly.
In this tip, the article is showing you the advantage and the way of using coconut oil to apply for your scarred area. It is well known for its high content of vitamin K and E, which are very effective in combating with the scar and make it fade away entirely. Moreover, virgin olive oil is comprised of a high level of antioxidant with a high level of acidity. Therefore, your scars will be lightened right after taking use of coconut oil.
- First, you take a few drops of olive oil, about 1 tablespoon of it and apply directly to your scar. With small scar, you can use less coconut oil
- You massage the affected area gently for 5 minutes for the oil immerse deep into your skin
- You leave the oil on scarred skin for 10 minutes, and then use a clean cloth to wipe the oil off
- Reapply the process if needed.
8. Rub The Affected Area With Cocoa Butter
Butter is also popularly used to treat scar tissue because it contains a moisturizing agent that can moisturize your dry skin caused by scars. It can get deep into your skin layers and remove harmful germs that cause your scars, at the same time, supply elasticity to your loosening skin. Furthermore, it is equipped with a high content of vitamin E, you will not disappoint when applying cocoa butter on your scar for sure. Follow the guide for more detail
- First, you use a wet washcloth to rub on the affected skin, then dab it dry with a clean towel
- You take 1 spoonful of pure cocoa butter to apply on the affected skin and press on it in a circular motion.
- Reapply this process 3 times per day for few weeks until you see a better change on your scars.
9. Use Lavender Oil To Massage Scars
Another kind of oil included in the most effective natural home remedies for scars is lavender oil. Among the most familiar oil towards people, lavender oil easily becomes widely used to cure scars in most cases. Founded in this essential oil is the high level of skin cell rejuvenating compounds which are very useful to defeat keloid scar and scar tissue as well as stimulate damaged skin restoration. Moreover, lavender oil is responsible for promoting the turnover rate of skin cell, at the same time fading the scar to avoid permanent scars. To take use of this kind of oil, follow the instruction below:
- Take some drops of lavender oil to apply directly to the scars and then use your fingers to massage the scarred area in a circular motion for 10-15 minutes so that the oil can immerse deep into your affected skin.
- Another option for you is to combine lavender oil and olive oil in an with an equal amount. Then you apply this solution to your affected area and massage gently for a few minutes.
You should apply either of the above methods 2 times per day for a few weeks to see the improvement on your skin.
See more: 33 best ways to get rid of acne for good
10. Take Olive Oil To Fade Scars
If you are wondering about whether such natural home remedies for scars are efficient enough to treat stubborn scars, then olive oil will prove that the statement is completely true. It is said to take positive effect on your damaged skin, making it heal faster and bringing about lighter skin. After a long time using olive oil, the function of moisturizer will help your skin hydrated, and then your scars will be removed partially.
With olive oil, you just need to take a few drops of olive oil then apply it directly on your affected skin for several days until you see the positive result.
11. Utilize Rosehip Seed Oil
The common natural home remedies for scars removal should not ignore rosehip seed oil because it is one of the most effective types of oil used to combat with scars. It is believed by most women as a perfect tool for cosmetics and makeup, especially scars removal and damaged skin healing. With a high content of anti-inflammatory found in rosehip seed oil, it can work the best when treating scars. Follow the guide if you want to get rid of scars soon
- You just need to take some drops of rosehip seed oil and use your fingers to apply the oil on your scarred skin on a circular motion. Reapply this method twice daily for several weeks.
- Be careful if your skin is too sensitive to use this kind of oil. For other natural home remedies for scars removal, keep tracking on the next part of this article.
12. Gain Strong Skin With Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is commonly used in many daily activities, including skin care. In fact, it is extremely effective in treating such basic skin problem as scars. Loaded in tea tree oil are the high number of skin-healing and scar-removing compounds, therefore, it is not strange when applying this ideal liquid to eliminate scars in a short time. However, tea tree oil is a bit strong, so make sure to dilute it with water before using to avoid the unexpected reaction.
The first choice for you is to mix tea tree oil with olive oil/almond oil.
- You mix 1 teaspoon of olive oil or almond oil with 2 drops of tea tree oil.
- Then, you apply this solution to the scarred area and let it sit for a few hours
- After that, you rinse it off
- Repeat this process once per day for several weeks.
The second choice is making tea tree oil with water
- You put 2-3 drops of tea tree oil in a ½ cup of tepid water.
- Use this mixture to apply on the scarred area 2 times each day for a few weeks.
You can even make soap from tea tree oil to wash your scars every day to experience the better change.
13. Take Use Of Cod Liver Oil
The next oil that is helpful enough to struggle with scars is cod liver oil. Included in it is also a large number of beneficial properties that can restructure the gems on the skin, bringing back its elasticity and light color. As it is applied on burned skin, it will definitely bring about radiant and glowing skin situation for yourself. It also can make the darker complexion become improved. Besides treating scars, it is believed that cod liver oil can reduce wrinkles as well as provide moisture to your dry skin, making your skin strong and healthy.
You wash the scarred area thoroughly, and then take some drops of cod liver oil to apply on your scars for several times to make scars invisible in a short time.
14. Extract Garlic Oil To Apply On Scars
Garlic is a great ingredient that must be stored in each kitchen. In treating scars, garlic is also utilized widely because it contains a high content of antibiotic which is very beneficial for skin. Taking use of garlic oil on a regular basis will bring about a whiter skin with faded scars as you expected.
- You should prepare some garlic oil by extract it from some garlic cloves.
- As you have enough, you take some drops of garlic oil on hands to apply directly to your scars that have been washed thoroughly.
- Let the oil sit there for 15 minutes then wash it off.
15. Apply Onion Extract On Scars
If you care about such natural home remedies for scars, you must not forget one of the most popular ingredients in every kitchen: onion. Though its smell is a little bit weird, but its utility will make you, especially those who have scars get surprised. It has a great anti-inflammatory property that can limit the growth of collagen on the scar, so after using it, your scar will be less noticeable. Follow the steps below:
- Extract onion gel, then you use it to rub on your scars
- This may take you a few months to get a good result from it.
16. Use Neem Leaves To Make A Paste
Neem, also called Azadirachta Indica, is a good treatment for scars. If your scar is big, you should take some neem leaves because it takes really positive effect on your scar.
What you should do is just take some Azadirachta Indica leaves to make a paste. Then you apply this paste on your scars for several times. Or you can make a face pack from it. By doing so, your scars will be faded away and your skin’s problems such as acne are also dealt with. Because neem leaves contain a great number of antifungal and anti-bacterial compounds, so it will work best on your scarred skin.
17. Make Paste From Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood powder is also another outstanding ingredient included in the most effective natural home remedies for scars. It is a very good remedy to remove scar tissue relatively. Sandalwood powder is loaded with a high level of skin-regenerating properties, therefore, it can help to reduce dark skin, scars and lighten your skin fast.
- You make a paste by combining 1 tablespoon of pure sandalwood powder with a relative amount of rose water
- As you are done, you apply this paste to your affected skin before you go to bed at night
- You leave it dry naturally for overnight when waking up in the next morning, you rinse the paste of with tepid water
- Repeat this process each day for 1-2 months to see the better result.
18. Remove Scars With Indian Gooseberry
This is well known as “amla” and is loaded with high content of vitamin C. It takes the most effective impact on newly healed skin as it can help to inhibit the formation of scar tissue immediately. Besides, Indian gooseberry can strengthen your skin and make it whiter in a short time.
You can utilize Indian gooseberry in the form of paste or powder. You can try making a homemade paste from amla by mixing amla powder with fresh water or olive oil.
- Take some of this paste and apply to your scarred area, then massage the area gently.
- Apply this method on a regular basis, and then you will see the difference.
19. Wash Scars With Chamomile Tea
Chamomile, also known as Matricaria recutita, has been used for years to treat skin problems such as scars or acne. Using this herb is the great way to mitigate skin inflammation as well as enhance wound healing. You can take use of chamomile tea as a natural and inexpensive way to get rid of scars. The use of it is quite simple:
- Buy some dried chamomile from health food store.
- If you have chamomile plant grown in your garden, you’d better take some fresh flowers and dry them after asking for help from herbalist to ensure that your chamomile is up to standard.
- Then you make tea by putting about 3 tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers in 8 ounces of boiling.
- Then let it steep for about 3 minutes.
- You let the mixture strain for a few minutes and let it be cool
- Use chamomile tea you’ve made to wash on your scars to make it invisible.
20. Use Almonds Seeds Or Oil
You can take use of almonds oil in the form of seeds or oil. Loaded in almonds is a high level of vitamin E, which is very helpful for skin. Moreover, it is loaded with properties that can struggle with popular skins problems as acne, scar lines, pimples, scars, etc. Not just filled with vitamin E, almond also acts as an anti-aging agent, which can prevent your skin from getting wrinkly. Using almonds for several times will definitely take control of your scars.
- You need to take 2-3 almonds and let them soak in water for one night
- In the next morning, peel the skin off from almonds and smash them to get its extract
- After that, you put some drops of rosewater in almonds and apply this mixture on your scarred area.
21. Take Advantage Of Vitamin E
Vitamin E is also among the best natural home remedies for scars removal as it can speed up the healing process of scars if it is applied on scars on the right way. You can take creams and ointments that contain vitamin E to fight with scars caused by wounds, acne, and surgery. A study in 2010 has proven that children with surgical scars, after applying vitamin E, improved the skin situation in a short time. Because of its availability, you can search for vitamin E in the nearest health store. When you get enough, what you need to do is apply vitamin E cream directly to the affected scar. Reapply this method several times a week to see the skin healing. You also can supplement vitamin E on your daily diet by eating vitamin E-rich foods such as green vegetable, nuts, seeds, cereal, and more.
22. Take Some Ice Cubes
Actually, it is just a remedy used for simple scars. With the more serious situation, you should consider other home remedies for scars in this article. When deciding to use ice, it means you will utilize the cool from it to provide your skin with strong effect making your skin stronger. To use ice, you just need to take a fresh and clean ice cube to rub gently on the scars. After several times, your scars may fade away.
23. Apply Potato On Scars
Scar tissue causes so much trouble to people as well as damages muscle tissue and nerves. Some of them may not disappear naturally after a long time and not be treated thoroughly, but most of scar tissue can be mitigated by the use of raw potato. Included in potato are many beneficial properties such as sulfur, potassium, chlorine, and phosphorus, which can become the best remedy for the scar. It is also popularly used as a face mask to reduce the effect of acne. In general, it can have a good impact on skin. Follow the guide below for more detail:
- Take some raw potatoes, enough for your scarred area, and get them peeled off. Keep their peel in a bowl for later use.
- Place raw potato on the affected skin and let the moisture from potatoes immersed in your skin
- Then use the potatoes peelings as bandage, keep it over the scar and leave it there for 1 hour or as long as possible
- Reapply this method every day for about 2 weeks until you see your scars healing.
Another option for you is that
- Take raw potato and smash it to get its juice
- Then you use this juice to gently massage on your scarred area
- After a period of time, your scar will fade away.
24. Utilize Cucumber For Scars Removal
Cucumber is not just an effective coolant for people but also one of the best natural home remedies for scars. It is very cheap and always available around you, so it is very easy for you to find. As you may know, to deal with skin problems or just simply cool off your face skin, the women usually apply cucumber slices or use products made from cucumber. It is seen a good and safe way to bring about white, soft, supple and bright skin. Loaded in cucumber is a low content of acidic, so you will not be worried about its causing your skin irritation. To deal with scars, besides applying cucumber slices on your scar, the next excellent choice for you is making a paste from cucumber.
- Prepare some cucumbers first, and then get them peeled off and have its seeds removed
- Use a blender to blend the rest flesh of cucumber with 4-5 mint leaves
- After that, beat an egg to get its white and add the white in the mixture
- Now, you have the expected paste, apply this paste to your scar, and let it sit there for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with fresh water and dry the area with a clean towel
- Repeat this process several times to see the better situation on your skin.
25. Get Strong Skin With Gotu Kola
Gotu Kola sounds strange, but it is real among the greatest natural home remedies for scars. It is of the parsley family and is widely applied for skin infection removals such as wounds and scars healing. When applying Gotu kola, your blood flow to the wound will be raised to mitigate the growth of scar tissue and raise the skin elasticity. Included in Gotu kola are steroid-like compounds that can take control of scar tissue. Besides, the triterpenes in it can enhance the integrity of collagen matrix and promote the function as a glue to hold your skin cell together. Besides, in this kind of leaves, there are antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties; therefore, you will not be disappointed when using this kind of herb for your scar.
- Prepare some Gotu Kola leaves and make a paste from them
- As you have the paste, apply it directly on your scarred area
- By doing so, your scar will be faded, and the healing process on the skin will be promoted. The blood circulation is also improved.
26. Treat Scars Thoroughly With Fish Oil
When talking about the best natural home remedies for scars, we can not forget fish oil. For years, it is believed by so many people that it can heal, fade the scars, and bring back the light skin. It is rich with eicosapentaenoic acid and omega-3 fatty acids, so fish oil is the effective remedy to get rid of scar tissue. It can be taken in the form of the soft capsule, and you just need to puncture it to get its gel to apply on your scar. Fish oil can also be combined with vitamin E soft gel tablets to make great treatment for scars.
- Prepare your own fish oil ointment with clean surroundings and a mirror set in front of you to see the scar reflection
- After that, use a safe pin to puncture in a fish oil tablet, and then take its oil in a bowl. Squeeze it hard to get all of the oil
- Take off the vitamin E skin and do the same way with fish oil tablet, then put vitamin E oil on fish oil
- Then, you shake the bowl to let oil mixed together
- Done! Now you have a great treatment for scars removal
- If you do this regularly, it is sure that the healing process of your scars will be fortified at ease.
After considering above 26 best natural home remedies for scars removal on legs and other body parts, hopefully, you can select for yourself the best remedy so that your scars have no chance to grow on your body anymore. Moreover, you also can carry out some activities such as massage or exfoliating in order to let your skin more elastic, making scars treated faster. In the end, you should remember that, do not pull the scar tissue off because it may hurt you. Besides, before applying one of the above remedies, to make sure there is no side effect, you can ask for help from a consultant. And when you have your own choice, do it now! After a period of time, your skin will get bright again and will bring back your confidence.
If you have any questions relating to this topic, please do not hesitate to leave them in the comment box! For more tips and articles providing beauty tips or skin care, you can visit our main Home Remedies page and you will find out what your want.