People who are suffering from diabetes, cancer, respiratory illnesses, weak immune system, kidney failure requiring dialysis, small babies and nursing mother are at higher risk of getting the staph infection problem. Furthermore, this problem is capable of spreading easily through skin-to-skin contact, cuts and abrasions. And it also spreads from one part to another part of your body. Therefore, go to the hospital and ask the doctor for the proper treatment and diagnosis of this situation. Moreover, you should also apply some home remedies for staph infection which can be easily found in your kitchen. If you want to know more about natural remedies for this condition, please continue reading this article on our page EffectiveRemedies.com which will present to you top 21 effective home remedies for staph infection on face & body skin.
Top 21 Natural Home Remedies For Staph Infection On Face & Body Skin
Staph infection is also a popular problem which is caused by staphylococcus bacteria. This problem is often found on the skin. An infection happens when the bacteria enter your skin through the lesion or the opening. And now what you want to know is about the symptoms of staph infection. They include impetigo, cellulitis, and boils as well as staphylococcal scaled skin syndrome. Plus, this bacterium causes food poisoning which has some symptoms such as diarrhea, low blood pressure, dehydration, vomiting along with nausea. In addition, staph infection is contagious and it is able to affect any body.
These are 21 natural and quick home remedies for staph infection which you can do to get rid of it soon:
1. Home Remedies For Staph Infection with Sea Salt
Don’t pass sea salt on the list of natural home remedies for staph infection because is effective in curing the symptoms related to staph infection. It contains hygroscopic agents and can be also used for curing the wounds. Further, this remedy is useful in combating against the skin infections that are caused due to bacteria. Sea salt can aid in lessening swelling of affected area that would be beneficial in treating staph infections quickly. For treating staph infections with sea salt, follow the steps below:
- Simply, add seas salt in some water.
- Then, clean your wound with this mixture.
2. Home Remedies For Staph Infection with Nutmeg
Thanks to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory characteristics, nutmeg can kill bacteria causing boils as well as other staph infections. Plus, nutmeg can also be added to your dishes to help enhance the immune system. For treating staph infection, you need to make a paste by mixing nutmeg and water together. Then, apply on your affected area prior to covering. Alternatively, you can apply the powder on your affected area and allow it to open.
3. Home Remedies For Staph Infection with Witch Hazel
Witch hazel helps prevent infections and relieve inflammation as it contains natural astringents. Witch hazel uses include decreasing the growth of bacteria, so it is one of the most effective home remedies for staph infection. Simply, you can make a mixture of water and witch hazel and use it to cure your problem by smearing on your wound before dressing. For effective results, repeat this process every day.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is beneficial in curing staph infection. It contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that can treat staphylococcus aureus and wounds; this is proven in a study of American Journal of Infection Control in 2004. Besides, tea tree oil also relieves skin discomfort which is caused by staph infection. Moreover, tea tree oil contains a few active ingredients named terpene alcohols. The terpinen-4-ol is effective at killing numerous kinds of pathogenic microorganisms, consisting of a few species of staph bacteria. Many clinical studies have tested the effectiveness of this oil as a natural treatment for staph infections. A 2004 study published in the “Journal of Hospital Infection” indicated that the tea tree oil was examined as a possible remedy for infection with MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureu), a dangerous form of staph infection. In the report, this oil was as useful as standard antimicrobial therapy in curing MRSA infections in the nose and more beneficial than the standard therapy in getting rid of infections on the skin. Let’s follow the detailed instruction below in order to get rid of this problem:
- Firstly, take two or three drops of tea tree oil
- Then place them on a soft cotton swab
- Next dip this swab on your affected area
- After that, leave it on in a few minutes
- Finally, wash it off with water
- Do this remedy once or twice a day
- Keep doing every day until you get your expected result
However, you ought to remember not to eat this oil because it can cause some side effects.
5. Home Remedies for Staph Infection Using Tea Tree Oil & Aloe Vera
As you can see, tea tree oil can not only treat staphylococcus aureus but also relieve the discomfort due to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Aloe vera is a wonderful treatment for many skin problems including staph infection. Here is the recipe which you are able to follow in order to get rid of this problem:
- Firstly, take a few drops of this oil as well as 1 tsp of aloe vera gel
- Then, you can mix them well together
- Next, you can apply this mixture onto your affected area
- After that, leave it on in a few hours
- Finally, wash it off with water
- Follow this method once or twice per day until you get a positive result
Pay attention that you should not orally consume this oil because it is able to cause some side effects. Sometimes, if you don’t have aloe vera gel, you may use honey instead.
6. Natural Home Remedies for Staph Infection on Face & Body – Manuka Honey
Manuka honey, a kind of honey which is from New Zealand, has healing and antibacterial properties. These properties can help to control the staph infection. Plus, it can speed healing process up, eradicate the infection along with sterilizing the wound. According to a study in 2002, they found that Manuka honey includes phytochemicals which can help to inhibit the development of the bacteria which cause infection. In September 2009, the National Geographic News reported that some unidentified compounds in Manuka honey make it become more effective and useful than regular honey in preventing the MRSA growth in the laboratory. Author of the book “Infectious Connections,” Beatrice Trum Hunter reaffirms that using Manuka honey to wound dressings can help control staph infections. Now it’s time for you to consult this detailed direction so that you can cure staph infection quickly:
- Firstly, take some Manuka honey
- After that, apply it on your affected area
- Then let it sit in a few hours
- Finally, wash off with water
- Repeat this procedure a few times a day daily until you get satisfied result
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties, apple cider vinegar helps to fight against the bacteria as well as promote the healing process. Furthermore, it can boost your immune system in order to prevent further infection. Therefore, let’s follow these steps below so as to remove staph infection soon:
- First take an equal amount of apple cider vinegar and water
- Next mix them well
- Finally, clean your affected area with this solution
- Follow these steps once or twice a day
- Repeat every day until you see the improvement
Or you can apply apple cider vinegar as the following direction:
- First take one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Then add them into a cup of warm water
- After that, add a little honey if you want
- Finally, drink this solution twice per day until your condition is improved
One of the natural and quick remedies which you can apply at home is turmeric. It includes antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and wound-healing properties which can fight staph infection effectively. In addition, it can provide your immune system with a boost. Therefore, applying this remedy, which is mentioned below, will help you escape from this situation:
- Now pour a teaspoon of turmeric powder into four cups of water
- Then boil it
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes
- After that, strain it
- Finally, drink this solution
- Follow this process twice or thrice a day
- Repeat every day until you get your expected result
If you don’t have time to follow the direction which is mentioned above, you can apply turmeric powder directly on your affected area a few times per day in order to relieve the symptoms of staph infection. Or you are able to take turmeric supplements every day. But if you want to take these supplements, you ought to ask the doctor for advice before using them.
9. Home Remedies for Staph Infection on Face & Body – Garlic
In the list of the natural and quick home remedies for staph infection, garlic ought to be mentioned too. MRSA or Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus is the serious staph infection. Typically, most medications used for curing bacterial infections, don’t murder the stubborn bacterial strains. Generally, staph infections can cause boils or wounds on your skin, and the infected part may cause inflammation and pain until your infection clears up. It is said to be a natural antibiotic which can help to fight the bacteria of staph infection. A microbiologist at the University of East London, Dr. Ron Cutler says that the main ingredient in garlic, allicin, has the ability to cure the staph within days. It also helps to decrease the intensity of the symptoms as well as discomforts which are associated with this infection. Plus, it is very good for the immune system. Now what you need to do is to follow these steps below:
- Firstly, clean your affected area
- After that, spread some garlic oil on your affected area
- Then use a bandage to cover it.
- Next leave it on for a few hours
- Finally, remove the bandage
- Do this treatment twice per day in a few days or until you notice the positive result
Eating raw garlic or adding garlic on your diet is also a good idea to cure staph infection. There is another choice for you. That is to take some garlic supplements. However, you ought to ask the doctor before consuming them.
10. Home Remedies for Staph Infection Using Oregano & Olive Oil
If you are looking for another simple way to treat staph infection, you can also use oregano oil because of its antibiotic properties. It includes various chemical components which can reduce the infection. Thus, you had better follow the specific instruction below:
- Firstly, take from eight to ten drops of oregano oil
- Next pour two tablespoons of olive oil in order to dilute oregano oil
- After that, apply this mixture of oil on your affected area
- Then leave it on in a few hours
- Finally, wash off with water
- Repeat this process various times per day until you see the improvement
However, this method is not suitable for pregnant women. If you do not have olive oil, you are able to use any other carrier oil instead.
11. Home Remedies For Staph Infection with Oregano Oil & Fruit Juice
Oregano oil is one of the effective and quick home remedies for staph infection due to the antibiotic properties inside. And when combining it with fruit juice, you will receive a better result because fruit juice can help to boost your immune system. Now let’s follow the specific direction:
- First prepare a glass of fruit juice. You can choose apple juice, orange juice and so on depending on your favorite juice.
- After that, add five drops of oregano oil into this glass
- Then mix well
- Finally, drink this juice twice a day daily until you see the improvement
You also add oregano oil into a glass of water instead of using fruit juice. But you should pay attention that pregnant women are not advised to use this remedy.
For treating staph infection, a good suggestion for this situation is goldenseal. Goldenseal consists of antibacterial and antiseptic properties which are capable of helping to disinfect as well as heal wound. Also, it has a compound called berberine which may kill bacteria causing this infection. Besides, this herb is able to strengthen your immune system. Here is the detailed instruction which you are looking for:
- Firstly, add one or two teaspoons of this herb into a cup of boiling water or hot water
- Then let it steep for about 20 minutes
- Next strain the liquid
- Finally, directly apply this solution on your affected area by using a cotton ball
- Keep doing this procedure up to three times per day until your condition is improved
13. Natural Home Remedies for Staph Infection – Echinacea
Echinacea is considered one of the natural and effective home remedies for staph infection. Echinacea has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial as well as immune-stimulant properties which can ease the symptoms of staph infection and promote recovery. In his book, “Herbal Antibiotics: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug-Resistant Bacteria” in 1999, herbalist Stephen Harrod Buhner states that Echinacea may be helpful for treating bacteremia, an infection that develops as staph bacteria enter your bloodstream thanks to its ability to encourage white blood cells. Therefore, you can follow one of the directions below in order to get rid of this problem:
- You can apply Echinacea cream directly on your affected area a few times every day.
- You also make Echinacea tea. You just need to pour a few Echinacea flowers into a cup of boiling water. Then you let it steep for a few minutes. Next you strain the tea and drink it. You should drink one or two cups of this tea daily.
- Taking Echinacea supplements is also a good idea to cure staph infection after you consult your doctor for advice. And people who suffer from autoimmune disorders have to avoid using this herb.
14. Coconut Oil
Thanks to anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties in coconut oil, it is beneficial in treating staph infection. Also, it has medium-chain fatty acids, particularly lauric acids which can help to fight bacteria. It gives you a relief from the discomforts. Now you had better consult the direction below so that you can get rid of this problem soon:
- Now gently rub some coconut oil on your affected area in order that the oil can penetrate in your skin
- Then leave it on in a few hours
- Finally, wash off with water
- Follow this process various times a day
- Repeat every day until you notice the positive result
15. Eucalyptus Oil
Do you want to treat staph infection effectively and quickly? How about applying eucalyptus oil? This oil contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which can fight against staphylococcus aureus. Eucalyptus produces one volatile oil that is rich in eucalyptol or 1,8-cineole, and other terpenoids as well. These constituents consist of anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and expectorant agents as well. Herbalist Stephen Harrod Buhner indicated that eucalyptus oil is an useful broad-spectrum drug that can deal with antibiotic-resistant disease and it is effective in fighting S. aureus. Therefore, what you need to do now is mentioned below:
- Firstly, dilute some drops of eucalyptus oil in almond oil or any other carrier oil
- After that, apply this mixture on your affected area
- Then leave it on in a few hours
- Finally, rinse off with water
- Repeat this procedure twice a day daily in a few days
16. Castor Oil
Castor oil contains innumerable healing values. Also, it contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which can deal with staph infection. Thus, you had better consult the detailed instruction below:
- Now warm an enough amount of castor oil
- Then apply it on your affected area
- After that, use a warm flannel cloth to cover it
- Finally, remove the cloth after leaving it on in a few hours
- Repeat this procedure three times a day daily until you get your expected result
The heat which generates qualities of the oil can dry the pus out as well as give you a relief from swelling and pain.
17. Bitter Gourd
Bitter gourd is also one of the natural and effective home remedies for staph infection. It is rich in important nutrients which are able to help to strengthen your immune system along with enhancing its function. Now if you want to use bitter gourd to deal with this problem, you will consult the detailed instruction below:
- Now grate two bitter gourds
- After that, grind them in a mixer blender with some water
- Then squeeze the mass in order to extract the juice
- Finally, drink a small glass of this juice when there is nothing in your stomach. Meanwhile, apply the rest of this juice on your affected area so that it can help you to kill the infection.
- Do this every day until you get rid of staph infection
18. Sage Oil
Sage oil is effective on treating staph infection. It includes good healing properties which can help to relieve the pain as well as reduce the pore size. Besides, it has antiseptic and anti stringent properties. That’s why it is said to be one of the natural home remedies for staph infection.
Therefore, applying this oil is a necessary thing which you had better do if you want your staph infection to be taken away soon. So now you need to take an enough amount of sage oil. Then you directly apply on your affected area twice a day daily to get a better result.
19. Natural Home Remedies for Staph Infection – Fenugreek Seeds
Thanks to anti-inflammatory properties in fenugreek seeds, they can help to heal your wound which is caused by staph infection. In addition, they have vitamins, proteins, minerals as well as amino acids which can help to give your immune system a boost. It’s time for you to do this remedy and follow the detailed direction below:
- Now soak an enough amount of fenugreek seeds in water from two to three hours
- Then take them out
- After that, grind them in order to make a fine paste
- Finally, wash off with water after you directly apply this paste on your affected area in a few hours
- Do this once or twice per day to get a better result
- Besides, you can directly consume this paste.
20. Basil Leaves
When talking about natural home remedies for staph infection, basil leaves ought to be listed too. Basil leaves have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiviral properties which can help not only to treat staph infection but also to speed the healing process up. Here is the way which you can consult:
- First clean some basil leaves carefully
- Then crush the leaves in order to extract the juice from them
- Finally, apply this juice on your affected area or directly consume this juice
- Do this remedy several times per day until your condition is improved
Besides, you also can use basil seeds. You soak basil seeds in water for 2 or 3 hours and then make a paste of it. Finally, you apply directly this paste on your affected area.
21. Natural Home Remedies for Staph Infection – Onion
Another remedy which you can apply at home is onion. Just like garlic, with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties inside, onion can fight against bacteria. Here is the detailed recipe which you ought to follow:
- Firstly, take an onion
- Next cut it into slices
- Then apply these slices on your affected area
- Finally, leave it on for 30 minutes and wash off
- Follow this treatment several times a day daily until your condition is improved.
Not only do you apply these treatments which are mentioned above but you also follow these tips below:
- Do not touch your affected area if you have open wounds or sores because it can delay the healing process
- Apply warm compress regularly in order to help boils
- Wash your hand carefully and properly before you eat anything. Make sure that you use a hand sanitizer
- Avoid sharing your personal items with other people
- Wash bedding and clothing in hot water and then dry them under sunlight
If you want to know more about natural at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 21 natural and quick home remedies for staph infection, hope that it can help you find out the best and the most suitable home remedies to get rid of your staph infection easily and quickly. However, the article is only for the informational purpose; therefore, you should see your doctor in order to get the advice before applying any in these home remedies for staph infection. If you have any question, or you know other at home remedies for staph infection, please leave them below.