An ulcer in your stomach, or also called a gastric ulcer, is known as a lesion or sore that develops in your lining of your stomach. Sometimes, it may also occur in your intestine’s upper part. According to AGA (the American Gastroenterological Association), there are about 4 million people who have ulcers in their stomach and 1 in every 10 people will suffer from a stomach ulcer at least one time during their lifetime.
Ulcers in your stomach often occur when your lining of your stomach or your intestine’s upper part is irritated by the harmful impacts of stomach acid. This may happen due to various factors such as an infection by the bacterium H. pylori (Helicobacter pylori), overuse of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, radiation therapy, burns, physical injury, and drinking too much alcohol.
The most typical symptom of an ulcer in the stomach is a pain or burning sensation in the area between the belly button and chest. The pain may last for several minutes to a few hours, which will depend on the severity of this problem. Other symptoms include bloating, heartburn, indigestion, belching, poor appetite, nausea, weight loss, and vomiting.
People (both men and women) of any age may get ulcers in the stomach. It must be treated quickly and immediately or else this ulcer can get worse. Luckily, in this writing, Effectiveremedies.com will show to you top 20 home remedies for ulcers in stomach without any side effect. This article listed the best methods to treat this problem from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Continue reading this article to understand more!
Top 20 Natural Home Remedies For Ulcers In Stomach
1. Almonds And Cold Milk
Looking for some home remedies for ulcers in stomach, almond is one of the best choices for you. To have this solution, you can follow these directions below.
- Almonds – a few
- Cold milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- At first, you soak these almonds into the cup of water until they become soft.
- Then, you peel and grind them to make a paste.
- Next, you add this paste to the cup of cold milk and mix them well.
- Finally, you have this cold almond milk immediately.
- You may drink this cold almond milk after getting up in the morning.
2. Cabbage And Carrot
Cabbage is another great remedy in the list of 20 top home remedies for ulcers in stomach. Cabbage is a lactic acid food that can help to produce an amino acid stimulating your blood flow to your stomach lining. This will aid strengthening your stomach lining and then get rid of the ulcer.
In addition, cabbage is also rich in vitamin C, which is especially beneficial for patients with Helicobacter pylori infections. Moreover, experiments have also indicated that fresh carrot juice has vitamin U that is a good anti-peptic ulcer agent.
- Cabbage – ½
- Carrots – 2
- At first, you cut the carrots and raw cabbage piece into small pieces.
- Then, you put them into a blender to take the juice.
- Next, you pour this juice into another clean cup.
- Finally, you drink about ½ cup of this solution before your meals and before you go to sleep.
- You had better repeat the method every day for a few weeks.
3. Cayenne Pepper And Warm Water
Surprisingly, using cayenne pepper is one of other effective home remedies for ulcers in stomach. According to a review, the compound capsaicin in cayenne pepper can inhibit the secretion of acids in your stomach, stimulate gastric mucosal blood flow and mucus secretions, and boost the production of alkali. Therefore, it can prevent and heal ulcers.
Remedy 1: Cayenne pepper and warm water
- Cayenne pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
- Warm water – 1 glass
- At first, you add cayenne pepper to the glass of warm water.
- Then, you stir them well.
- Finally, you can drink this solution immediately.
- You may have this for about one or two times per day for the 2 to 3 days. Then, you gradually increase cayenne pepper up to ¼ teaspoon for two times per day for the rest of day in this week.
Remedy 2: Cayenne capsules
- Cayenne capsules – 3
- Water – 1 cup
- Firstly, you buy cayenne capsules at health food stores.
- Then, you can take 3 capsules per day after your meals for one week.
- You may follow this simple remedy regularly.
- Or, you can also include a pinch of this pepper into your soups, meats, and some other savory dishes and consume them.
4. Bananas With Honey And Milk
For treating a stomach ulcer, both unripe and ripe banana are also very effective. Banana contains antibacterial properties that can inhibit the growth of stomach ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori.
In addition, bananas can also protect your digest system by removing the acidity of your gastric juices. This will assist you in reducing inflammation and strengthening your stomach lining.
Remedy 1: Bananas and honey
- 2 or 3 bananas
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Firstly, you peel these bananas and you cut them into small slices.
- Next, you put these slices in the sunlight till they get dry.
- Now, you grind these dried banana pieces to make a fine powder.
- After that, you mix 2 tablespoons of this powder with honey together.
- Finally, you have this mixture.
- You may repeat the method for about two or three times per day for about one week.
Remedy 2: Bananas and milk
- 2 bananas
- 1 glass of milk
- At first, you take bananas with the glass of milk.
- Then, you consume these bananas along with this milk.
- This remedy will reduce the acidity level of your gastric juices and lower the irritation that occurs in your stomach.
Coconut is great for people who suffer from stomach ulcers thanks to its antibacterial properties. It will kill the bacteria causing ulcers in your stomach. In addition, coconut water and coconut milk also have anti-ulcer properties.
Remedy 1: Coconut water or coconut milk
- Coconut water or coconut milk – 1 cup
- Simply, you just drink the tender coconut water or fresh coconut milk daily.
- You can consume it for a few times per day.
- Or, you can also eat the kernel of a tender coconut.
- You may follow this remedy for at least 1 week.
Remedy 2: Coconut oil
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- At first, you take coconut oil with a clean spoon.
- Then, you just consume it immediately.
- You may have it for two times per day, one time in the morning and one time at night for 1 week.
6. Fenugreek, Water, Honey, And Milk
Fenugreek seeds are known for the health benefits along with powerful healing properties. You can also use it to treat ulcers in your stomach. Having a rich source of mucilaginous compound, fenugreek can protect your lining of your stomach by coating it with mucus, thereby facilitating the healing process.
Remedy 1: Fenugreek seeds and water
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 2 cups
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- At first, you add these fenugreek seeds to two cups of water.
- Then, you bring it to a boil for a few minutes.
- Next, you strain and add honey to it.
- Finally, you consume this water.
- You can repeat the method for two times per day for 1 week.
Remedy 2: Fenugreek seed powder and milk
- Fenugreek seed powder – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 cup
- At first, you take fenugreek seed powder and milk.
- Then, you consume this powder along with the cup of milk.
- You may follow this method for two times per day for 1 week.
Remedy 3: Fenugreek leaves and honey
- Fenugreek leaves – a few
- Water – 2 cups
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- At first, you add these fenugreek leaves and water into a small pot.
- Then, you allow it to boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- After that, you add honey to this.
- Finally, you consume it immediately.
- You may follow this way for two times per day.
7. Licorice, Water, And Cooked Broken Rice
According to several studies, licorice works effectively for preventing and healing ulcers in the stomach. It can also aid your intestines as well as your stomach in producing more protective and beneficial mucus, which will form a coating over your stomach lining. This will ease the pain from ulcers as well as speed up the healing process.
- Licorice root powder – ½ teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Cooked broken white rice – 1 cup
- At first, you mix licorice root powder into the cup of water.
- Then, you cover it and keep it aside for overnight.
- In the morning, you add the cooked broken white rice to this infusion.
- Finally, you can enjoy it.
- You may repeat the method daily for 1 week.
- Another option, you can also drink licorice tea for about two or three times per day for 1 week.
- Alternatively, you may chew and swallow 2 to 4 deglycyrrhizinated licorice tablets for about three times per day for about 1 week. You may easily find the 380-milligram tablets at various health food stores.
8. Raw Honey
Raw honey contains potent healing properties that can aid in treating stomach ulcers. In addition, honey also has an enzyme that is called glucose oxidase, which may produce hydrogen peroxide. This will help to kill harmful bacteria that cause ulcers. Furthermore, it can also soothe and decrease the inflammation of the stomach lining.
- Raw honey – 2 tablespoons
- Simply, you just consume raw honey daily.
- You should have it in the early morning with your empty stomach.
- This will help you to cleanse your bowel, strengthen your stomach lining, and treat stomach ulcers.
9. Slippery Elm And Warm Water
Seeking home remedies for ulcers in stomach, you should not skip slippery elm. The inner bark of this slippery elm has a great amount of mucilage that may soothe and relieve inflammation and pain. In addition, the mucilage can also help you to eliminate the excess fats within your intestines.
- Slippery elm bark powder – 1 teaspoon
- Warm water – 1 cup
- At first, you take the inner bark of this slippery elm.
- Then, you grind it to make a powder.
- Next, you mix this powder into the cup of warm water.
- Finally, you drink this mixture immediately.
- You had better have this for three times per day for 1 week.
10. Aloe Vera Juice
- Aloe vera juice – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 glass
- At first, you extract about 1 tablespoon of the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Then, you add this gel to the glass of water.
- Finally, you mix them well and have this.
- You may drink the juice for one or two times per day.
11. Garlic And Water
Garlic can also help you to treat ulcers in your stomach. According to some researchers, the antimicrobial and antibacterial properties of garlic may keep the Helicobacter pylori bacterium levels in check, which will contribute to the development of ulcers in your stomach.
- Garlic cloves – 2 or 3
- Water – 1 glass
- At first, you crush these garlic cloves.
- Then, you consume the crushed garlic cloves along with the glass of water.
- You may do this remedy on a daily basis.
12. Drumstick Leaves And Yogurt
Another remedy in the list of 20 top home remedies for ulcers in stomach is to use drumstick leaves.
- Drumstick leaves – a few
- Yogurt – 1 tablespoon
- At first, you crush these drumstick leaves to make a paste.
- Then, you add yogurt to this paste.
- Finally, you can consume this mixture.
- You had better repeat the method on a daily basis.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda, And Water
This remedy will help you to reduce the discomfort and pain caused by ulcers. In addition, it also aids in reducing the burning sensation and acidity.
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Drinking water – 2 cups
- Baking soda – a pinch
- At first, you dilute apple cider vinegar with the drinking water.
- Then, you add baking soda to this water and mix them well.
- Finally, you consume this solution immediately.
- You may follow this method daily.
14. Drink Water
Nothing acts as effectively as water when it comes to removing the strong acidic impacts of the ulcers in the stomach. Water will dilute the stomach acids and reduce their corrosiveness on your stomach lining. Therefore, you should drink plenty of water, at least 8 to 10 glass per day.
15. Wood Apple Leaves
Wood apple leaves, also known as bael, can be considered as a useful remedy in the list of 20 top home remedies for ulcers in stomach. The tannins present in these leaves may help you to protect your stomach from the damage of excess acid secretion. In addition, the juice extracted from the wood apple fruit may also aid in reducing the pain and inflammation thanks to its mucilage content.
- Wood apple leaves – 2 or 3
- Water – 1 cup
- At first, you soak these wood apple leaves into the cup of water for overnight.
- In the morning, you strain this mixture and have it when your stomach is empty.
- You may follow this remedy daily for several weeks.
If you want to know more about home remedies for other diseases and conditions go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 20 home remedies for ulcers in stomach, hope that it can help you find out the best solution for treating ulcers simply and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any natural home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for ulcers in stomach, please leave them below.