Urinary Tract Infection that has the abbreviation of UTI is a common illness with many people. This illness appears when the number of bacteria in your urethra or bladder grows up fast and uncontrollably. This situation will cause pain in your bladder and during your urination. You will feel difficult to make the urine out. Moreover, many people feel terrible pain whenever they go to the toilet. They feel this as a nightmare that is very sensitive to tell about. Therefore, if you are suffering from UTI, you should take a look at our writing on the website Effective Remedies. The writing will bring you top 22 natural home remedies for UTI relief in children & adults. This writing collected the best natural treatments to deal with this urinary tract problem from reliable sources. Nevertheless, it is only for the informational purpose and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to discover more about these UTI home remedies in more detail!
Top 22 Natural Home Remedies For UTI Relief In Children & Adults
1. Lemon Juice & Sugar
Lemon juice may be one of the easiest natural home remedies for UTI thanks to its great effects on treating common illnesses. Lemon juice contains vitamin C that is very friendly to your health. Vitamin C is a necessary substance that has role of preventing inflammation and action of bacteria. The number of bacteria in your urethra will be reduced to the normal level by following step by step directions as below:
- You could use a fresh lemon and cut it into two parts.
- You use one part, take the juice from this part, and put it into a small glass.
- After that, you should pour 200 ml water and add one or two teaspoons of sugar.
- Stir the juice gradually and drink it immediately.
- You could drink two glasses of lemon juice every day. This remedy is not only useful for treating your urinary tract infection, but also good for your health totally. After two days, you will feel your pain is reduced remarkably. However, you should continue to drinking this juice for at least one week.
This is another remedy among top natural home remedies for UTI highly recommended in this article. Pineapple contains an enzyme that is called bromelain. Bromelain is very useful in treating inflammation. Therefore, it will help to reduce the number of bacteria causing urinary tract infection in your urethra.
- You should eat one pineapple a day to bring enough amount of bromelain to your body.
- In addition, you could drink a glass of pineapple juice every day to help in treating UTI.
3. Parsley & Water
Parsley may be used as good remedy for your urinary tract infection thanks to its great effects on refreshing your stomach after your meals. It will raise the amount of sodium in your body that leads to the rising of water to be absorbed to your kidney. Therefore, the normal activities of your kidney and bladder will be improved.
- You could use ten milligrams of parsley and a half liter of water.
- Then, put the parsley and water to a small saucepan. Stir them together.
- Next, you could boil the water in medium heat for ten minutes.
- After that, you should take the liquid and drink it immediately.
- You should repeat this treatment every day. After one week, you will see the result.
4. Indian Gooseberry & Turmeric Powder
This remedy has origin from India, the hometown of precious remedies for common illnesses all over the world. The combination between these herbs may be a good treatment for your urinary tract infection thanks to its rich source of vitamin C. The herbs may help your immune system to be stronger and more active. Therefore, your kidney and urethra will be purified and take water out from your body well.
- You could use one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder and one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Then, you could put them together in a cup.
- Next, you could put a half liter of water to the cup. You could boil the cup in medium heat until you see the level of water in the cup is reduced to a half.
- You could take the cup out and let it cold. After that, you should drink the liquid.
- You should use this remedy three times a day during a week. Your urinary tract infection will be reduced after only two or three days of using this treatment.
5. Warm Water
Warm water is very good for encouraging the body’s circulation. You could use a bath with warm water to relax every day. This is also a good treatment for your illness.
- You could prepare a bath that has suitable size to your body’s size.
- Then, you could put warm water to two third of the bath.
- You should take a short rest in the bath for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- You could apply this remedy every day. This method is not only useful for your illness but also good for your health.
6. Ginger Tea
Ginger may be a wonderful treatment for many kinds of illnesses in human life. Ginger contains antioxidant substances that are very helpful in preventing inflammation and promoting your digestive system. Using ginger daily will help in reducing the threat of illnesses relating to digestion. You could add ginger to your daily meals to make your digestion become easier. Moreover, you could also make the ginger tea to drink every day.
- You should prepare one ginger or three ginger roots and a glass of warm water.
- After that, you should put the ginger into the glass and wait for ten to fifteen minutes.
- You should drink the ginger tea when it is still hot or warm.
- You could drink a glass of ginger tea every morning after you have your breakfast to improve your immune system. Your UTI will be reduced soon.
7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil may be considered as another home remedy for UTI. Coconut oil is a rich source of antioxidant property that may play an important part in treating UTI.
- You should add coconut oil to your diets to make your urination become easier. One teaspoon for each meal may be the suitable amount of this oil. You could put coconut oil to your food or add to some kinds of fruit juice.
- In addition, you could put the coconut oil to the entrance of your urethra. This way will make your urination easier and smoother. Remember to apply this method for at least fifteen minutes before you have your urination.
8. Lemon & Tartar
Lemon is a famous remedy for some problems relating to digestion. Lemon and tartar contain vitamin C that is very good for your health. The mixture of lemon and tartar may help in removing the number of bacteria in your urethra.
- You should prepare one teaspoon of tartar cream and two teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Then, you could put two ingredients to a glass and stir them together with 250 ml warm water.
- After that, you could drink the mixture once or twice a day. After one week, your UTI will be removed soon.
9. Use Heating Pad
You could use a heating pad to reduce the pain caused by UTI. This may be one of easiest home remedies for UTI.
- You could prepare a heating pad.
- Then, you could put the pad into a small cotton towel.
- Next, you should apply the pad over your bladder. Wait for three minutes and take it out.
- You could use a warm compress instead of heating pad.
10. Pay More Attention to Urination
Many people have to suffer from urinary tract infection due to their bad habit in urination. These people may always delay having urination; therefore, the large number of bacteria and toxic chemicals will be held in your body for a long time. This situation will lead to problems for your urethra and cause UTI. You should have your urination frequently and normally. Your UTI will be reduced soon.
11. Pay More Attention To Dressing
You could use dressing as a way to reduce the effect of UTI. The reason is that if you choose the cloth that is too tight to your body’s size, you will put a lot of pressure on the organs inside your body such as stomach, kidney, or bladder. This may become hindrances to the natural activities of these organs and cause UTI. You should pay more attention to your cloth by choosing cloth that has a suitable size to your body. It will be better if you choose some cloth that has a larger size than your body type.
Garlic may be known as a magic remedy for almost illnesses in people. Therefore, you could use garlic as a great remedy for your urinary tract infection because garlic has a good effect on removing bacteria. Moreover, your immune system will be improved remarkably. You should add garlic to your daily meals to help in reducing the number of bacteria in your urethra. After that, your UTI will be reduced soon.
13. Uva Ursi Tea
Uva ursi is a great herb that is considered as one in the most effective home remedies for UTI. This herb contains antiseptic substances that are very useful in reducing the number of bacteria in your body. Therefore, your urination will be encouraged.
- You could prepare four or five leaves and roots of uva ursi.
- Then, you could put the uva ursi into a glass of boiling water.
- After one and a half hour, you could take the liquid out and drink it once a day.
- You could use this remedy for three times a week. After a week, you will feel your urinary tract infection reduce remarkably.
Water may be the most important substance that is very necessary for the normal activities of all the organs in human’s body. If your body has enough water, it will take all the toxic substances out of it. The number of bacteria in your urethra will be decreased quickly. You will feel pain is reduced after a short time.
- You should drink at least one and a half liter of pure water per day. It is similar amount with six or eight glass of water a day.
- You could drink various kinds of fruit juice that is very useful for your health. The juice will bring extra natural minerals that are in original forms; therefore, these minerals are very easy for your body to digest and absorb.
- Moreover, you should not drink some kinds of stimulus drink such as coffee or alcohol. They are very harmful to your health because they could destroy the natural ability of body’s organs. Soft drink may be one kind of drink you should avoid adding into your diets. If you drink them more than one cup a day, you will put double pressure on your bladder and urethra.
Diets may be the most important thing you should think about when you have to suffer from UTI. Diets provide all the necessary substances to your body. You could use changes in your diets not only to supplement enough the substances that your body is lacking but also to help in treating your illness, especially UTI.
- You should eat more vegetables as much as possible. Vegetables may be a rich source of fiber that is very beneficial in helping your kidney be easy to purify water and toxic chemical from your body.
- You could use green beans instead of vegetables. For many, green beans are quite easy to cook and eat than some kinds of vegetables.
- In addition, you could add various kinds of antimicrobial herbs such as parsley, garlic or bearberry. These herbs are famous and old remedies for common illnesses.
16. Cranberry Juice
This is a good home remedy this article recommends in the top list of best home remedies for UTI. This fruit is a rich source of antioxidant substances that are very useful in preventing inflammation and pain caused by UTI.
- You could use three or four cranberries each time you apply this remedy.
- Then, you should take the juice from the cranberries and put it into a glass.
- Next, add about 250 ml of water to the glass and stir the water gently.
- You could add a half teaspoon of salt to the juice and drink it immediately.
- You should drink one glass of cranberry juice every day during the first two days. After two days, if you feel your pain reduce, you should use this remedy until your urinary tract infection disappear totally.
17. Baking Soda
Baking soda will be one in another home remedies for UTI that may help you overcome pain quickly at home. Baking soda will balance the level of acids in your body. Therefore, the number of bacteria in your urethra will be controlled. Your UTI will be reduced soon.
- You could use one teaspoon of baking soda and 250 ml of warm water.
- After that, you could put the baking soda into the warm water and stir the mixture gently.
- Then, you should drink the mixture two times a day. After two days, you will see the result. If it is effective to you, try to use this remedy during one or two weeks.
18. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is another natural home remedy for UTI. Apple cider vinegar may contain a large number of minerals and enzymes that are very important in preventing and reducing bacteria in your body. If the number of bacteria in your urethra get back the balance number, your illness will disappear.
- You need one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 250 ml of warm water.
- Then, you should put the apple cider vinegar and water to a glass and stir them together.
- In addition, you could add a half teaspoon of honey or lemon juice if you want to remove the uncomfortable taste of apple cider vinegar.
- You should drink the mixture twice a day during four days a week. You will no longer suffer from pain caused by urinary tract infection only by three or four times using this remedy.
19. Celery Seeds
In the top list of the easiest home remedies for UTI, celery seeds may be considered as an excellent treatment. The celery seeds contain many substances that may play an important part in removing bacteria and promoting the normal activities of your urethra.
- You should chew three seeds of celery each day.
- In addition, you could create a kind of tea from celery seeds to make this herb easy to use. You should put four or five seeds of celery into a glass of warm1 water. You should leave the water there for about five or ten minutes. After that, take the water out and drink it immediately. You should repeat to drink tea of celery seeds every day until your urinary tract infection disappears totally.
- You could also add celery seeds to your diets to make this method more powerful.
Among the easy home remedies for UTI, cucumber may be the easiest one.
Cucumber is not only cheap and easy to find, but also friendly to your body.
You should add cucumber to your daily meals as a kind of salads. You could also eat four or five fresh cucumbers every day to help in improving your health and treating your illness.
21. Horseradish & Milk
The combination between horseradish and milk may be a good remedy you should consult in 22 home remedies for UTI presented in this article. Horseradish contains anti-inflammatory substances that are very useful in treating UTI.
- You could use one teaspoon of horseradish powder and a cup of milk (about 25 ml).
- After that, you should put the horseradish powder into the cup of milk and stir them together.
- You should drink the mixture of horseradish powder and milk one time a day. Repeat this remedy during a week. You will see the result.
22. Supplementing Vitamin C
Vitamin C may be a necessary nutrient for your health. You could supplement vitamin C to your body because it will help improve your immune system.
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!”
The number of bacteria in your urethra will be reduced to the balance by increasing properly the intake of vitamin C into your body. You could eat various kinds of vegetables or green beans to help add more vitamin C to your body. You also could eat fruits, or drink fruit juice such as lemon or lime juice.
UTI may cause many problems to our daily life and make us feel pain and uncomfortable. If you feel hard when you have your urination in a long time, you should come to see your doctor to have the best advice. You should also try applying 22 natural home remedies for UTI relief in children & adults recommended in this article to treat your problem by yourself. These remedies are very cheap and easy to do at your own home and office.
For more home remedies for illnesses, you could visit our homepage Home Remedies. If you have any question, please let us know by leaving all your comments below. We will answer all of your questions as soon as possible.