Before presenting about the best natural home remedies for yeast infection, you should know what exactly a yeast infection is. Yeast infection can be found on skin, in vagina, mouth and so on. The reason why people have yeast infection is the under controlled growth of a few fungus Candida albicans, especially C. glabrata. In addition to that, stress, lack of sleep, pregnancy and so on are the reasons causing yeast infection. And there are some signs of yeast infection, which you can find: burning, itching, and swelling in or around the infection area. So do you want to treat yeast infection? If your answer is “yes”, go on reading this article. EffectiveRemedies.com will present to you 22 best natural home remedies for yeast infection relief on skin.
Top 22 Natural Home Remedies For Yeast Infection Relief On Skin
Here are the home remedies for yeast infection you are looking for:
As you know, yogurt brings a lot of advantages for skin problem. That’s why it is concerned as one of the best natural home remedies for yeast infection. With lactobacillus acidophilus – a “friendly” bacterial, yogurt can control the infection’s growth in the body. For curing the yeast infection, you should use unsweetened yogurt. Here is the specific direction:
- Apply yogurt to your yeast infection area
- Leave it on for 20 or 30 minutes (overnight is better)
- Wash off with water
- Do it every day to relieve itching
If you want to treat vaginal yeast infection, you should try this direction:
- Take a tampon
- Dip it into the yogurt
- Then insert in the vagina about 2 hours
- Do this process twice a day
And remember you had better have yogurt in your diet every day.A cup of yogurt a day keeps Big Pharma away. Click To Tweet
Eating yogurt is very good for your overall health.
2. Coconut Oil
A good home remedy for candida is using coconut oil. It can kill fungi, which are responsible for candida thanks to its antifungal properties. So what can you do to treat the yeast infection? There are two ways to use coconut oil for curing it.
This is the first yeast infection solution. It’s very simple. What you need to do is to massage the yeast infection area with coconut oil three times per day. And you should keep doing this every day.
Here is the second way to treat yeast infection:
- Mix the coconut oil with cinnamon oil (two kinds of oil have the same equal)
- Apply the mixture to your affected area
- Leave it on till it is dry
- Do this daily to see the result
If you have oral thrush, please follow this instruction:
- Swish the coconut oil in your mouth from 5 to 10 minutes
- Don’t swallow
- Do this process three times per day
To get the best result, you can add some drops of cinnamon oil or tea tree oil.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of other natural home remedies for yeast infection is using apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is similar to the white vinegar, which includes some distinctive components that can help to both control yeast infection and reduce the fungi causing it. To make this home remedy, this is what you need:
- Apple cider vinegar (it is murky brown)
- Warm water
Here is the process:
- Combine 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of warm water
- Mix well
- Drink it twice a day.
- Keep drinking it for a few day
Beside this way, there is also another way, which can help you to get rid of itching and skin irritation. To do this, please prepare:
- Apple cider vinegar
- A bath
Now let’s do this:
- First, prepare a hot bath
- Then add some drops of vinegar
- Next soak in the bath about one hour
In addition, you can follow this solution. Firstly, you dilute the apple cider vinegar (sometimes you can use white vinegar) with water. After that, apply it over the affected skin area. Finally wash off with water after leaving it on about 30 minutes.
Let food be your medicine. Click To Tweet
Garlic is a famous herb, which is used to treat a lot of ailments. Garlic contains antifungal, antibiotic and antibacterial, which is effective in treating any yeast infection type. Here are some easy ways to use garlic as a home remedy for candida:
- Mash some garlic cloves to make a paste. Rub it to the yeast infection area. Wait for some minutes. Wash off with water. You should do this way twice a day and daily until you get the best results.
- Use garlic oil instead of fresh garlic. Dilute it with vitamin E oil. Add some drops coconut oil. Then apply the mixture to the affected area daily. Leave it on for some minutes. Do this way daily until you get the best results.
- Besides, there is also a simple way. You can eat garlic cloves every day or take two garlic tablets daily until you get the best results. However, you will have bad breath when eating fresh garlic.
One of other effective home remedies for yeast infection is cranberries. Why do we use them to treat yeast infection? Because antibacterial and antifungal properties including in cranberries can help to fight the fungi causing yeast infection. It can be used to treat bladder infection or urinary tract. This home remedy is very simple to implement.
This is the first solution. You should drink unsweetened cranberry juice various times per day. Drink it in the short time, you can see the result.
The second solution is that you can take the cranberry tablets, which are sold in health shops at least twice a day if you don’t have cranberry juice.
6. Boric Acid
It is one of chemical substances with antifungal and mild antiseptic properties. That’s why it is considered as one of the best home remedies for yeast infection treatment. And to use boric acid as a remedy, you should use this direction:
- Make a dilution of boric acid and water
- Apply the mixture over your affected skin
- Let dry in a few minutes
- Wash off with water
- Go on doing this every day for two weeks
Pay attention: pregnant women are not recommended to use this.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Another effective home remedy for treating yeast infection is using tea tree oil. Tea tree oil owns effective and powerful antifungal properties. And here is what you need to carry out this remedy:
- Some drops of tea tree oil
- A little of olive oil or almond oil or water
Here is the recipe:
- Dilute the tea tree oil with water or almond oil or olive oil
- Scuff the mixture over your affected area many times a day.
- Do this daily until you get the best results
If you have vaginal yeast infection, you should follow this recipe:
- Pour some drops tea tree oil to a tampon
- Then insert to your vagina about two or three hours
- Keep doing this twice a day and make sure you do it every day
Pay attention: pregnant women shouldn’t use this home remedy to treat yeast infection because some properties in tea tree oil are harmful for the fetus.
In order to treat yeast infection, we can use this kind of herbal. That is calendula. With anti – inflammatory and antifungal properties, calendula can be used to cure yeast infection effectively. Here are detailed instructions you are looking for:
- Crush two or three calendula leaves gently
- Then apply it over your yeast infection area
- Do this at least twice a day
- Repeat it every day
In case, you don’t have calendula leaves, just use calendula ointment or lotion. Sometimes, you can use calendula tea instead. But remember that you can’t use the calendula tea when you are pregnant.
There are a lot of other natural home remedies for yeast infection relief on skin presented in this article, so, if you want to discover more, continue reading it!
9. Olive Leaf Extract
Olive leaf extract is one of the effective home remedies for yeast infection because of its anti – inflammatory, antifungal, antioxidant and antiviral properties. It can retrieve good bacteria to our body. And what you need are:
- Fresh olive leaves
- Two jars with lid
This is the instruction of implementing this remedy:
- Cut some fresh olive leaves
- Put them into the jar
- Pour vodka into the jar until it covers the leaves
- Close the lid
- Put the jar in the dark place for 4 weeks
- Percolate the liquid to another jar
- Apply the liquid over the yeast infection area
- Do this three times a day and do every day to get the best results
10. Oil Of Oregano
Oregano oil can fight against the yeast because of its antifungal components. It can boost your immune system up in order to fight against the organisms, which cause yeast infection. In this home remedy for candida, you just need oregano oil. Here is the detailed direction:
- Dilute a little of oregano oil with olive oil
- Then apply the mixture to your affected area
- Do this twice a day
- Keep doing this daily
If you don’t have oregano oil, you can take one or two oregano capsules twice a day to get the best result.
Another herb, which can cure yeast infection effectively, is basil. This is the instruction when using basil to treat yeast infection. But before doing this, you just prepare:
Now let’s do this:
- Take three cups and half of a cup water
- Boil it in a few minutes
- Let it cool
- Add 1 1/4 teaspoon basil
- Cover it to your affected area and leave it on 30 minutes
- Keep doing this daily
12. Salt Bath
One of the most effective home remedies for yeast infection that should be mentioned is salt. Salt is good deodorizer and cleaner. To have the best result, we only use Himalaya pink rock salt or natural sea salt. Remember not to use commercial salt because it includes anti-caking agents. And what you should prepare are hot bath and salt.
Now let’s implement as following:
- Pour warm water into the bath
- Add some salt into the bath too
- Soak the body for 15 or 20 minutes
- Then dry the body completely before wearing clothes.
13. Baking Soda
As you know, baking soda is a wonderful fungus and yeast killer. Or we can say baking soda is one of the great natural home remedies for yeast infection. To do this remedy, you should prepare these ingredients first:
- Baking soda
- Natural salt (optional)
Here is the detail of what we should do:
- Mix a half teaspoon baking soda with a glass of water
- Drink it twice a day in 2 weeks on the empty stomach
- Have a rest in 2 weeks
- After a rest, continue the process
- Do it for 3 months to see the result
One of other natural home remedies for yeast infection is using rosemary. It is a wonderful herb, which has anti-inflammatory properties to kill the yeast. It is the best choice that should be placed on the affected skin area whenever it is burning or itching. This is the specific direction you can follow:
- Put some rosemary leaves to the hot water to make tea
- Let it steep about 5 or 10 minutes
- Leave it cool and percolate the rosemary
- Dip a cotton ball on the tea
- Apply it to your affected area
- Do this 4 times a day
- Repeat daily
Talking home remedies for yeast infection, honey should be one of them. The fact shows that honey not only has anti viral and anti bacteria properties but also contains very good bacteria, which helps in curing the yeast infection. To use honey for treating yeast infection, please follow this recipe:
- Spread an amount of honey over the affected area
- Then let it saturate
- Leave it on about 10 or 15 minutes (even as long as possible)
- Take a shower or a bath to clean it
- Repeat this until all the symptoms are gone.
16. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is called as a king of natural home remedy land. We all know the usefulness of aloe vera in treating skin problem, which includes yeast infection. Here are some solutions of using aloe vera to treat yeast infection:
- Mix the aloe vera juice with another natural juice or water. Then drink this liquid every day. Doing this solution can help to stay away from toxins, improve your immune system and fight yeast infection.
- In addition, you can make the aloe vera gel from leaves. Apply this gel directly and gently to your yeast infection. Doing it twice a day and applying it daily will relieve yeast infection
- Besides, mixing the aloe vera gel with water also is a good solution. Firstly, put some drops of the gel of aloe vera into a little water. Then mix well. Apply it to the affected skin. Then, let it dry. Finally, wash off with water and dry again carefully. You can do this twice or three times per day and repeat to do every day
17. Grape Fruit Seed Extract
One of the helpful home remedies for yeast infection is grape fruit seed extract. The antifungal in grape fruit seed will fight the growth of yeast, which causes infection. And what you need to carry out this method are:
- Grape fruit seed extract
- Mineral water
- A cotton ball
Here is the detail of what you will do:
- Bring two cups of water
- Add five or ten drops grape fruit seed extract to it
- Mix everything well till it dissolves
- Use it to wash off vaginal area. But for the affected area around, use the cotton ball, dip it into the mixture then apply to your yeast infection area.
- Remember do this 2 to 3 times per day
Pay attention: you should not try using this solution during the pregnancy and menstruation.
If you want to know more about other natural home remedies for yeast infection, keep reading this writing to discover more about them.
18. Slippery Elm Powder
Slippery elm powder is also one of natural home remedies for yeast infection you can try applying. It helps to relieve the irritation. And this is what you should prepare:
- Slippery elm powder
- Frozen aloe vera juice
- A cotton pad
Here is the detailed instruction:
- Add some water to the slippery elm powder
- Then make the paste
- Apply the paste to your affected are if you have yeast infection on skin.
- If you have vaginal yeast infection, add some frozen aloe vera juice to the powder. Dip the pad in it then put it on vagina.
- Do this every day to get better result
19. Thyme Tea
Thyme tea is known as one of herbal home remedies for yeast infection. It is the great source of vitamin C. It also helps to remove the nutritional imbalance from your body. In addition, it helps to arrest the overgrowth of fungi. This is the way you can apply thyme tea in order to cure the yeast infection:
- Boil a cup of water in a few minutes
- Add a teaspoon of dried thyme in
- Let it cool in a few minutes
- Drink from 1 to 4 cups a day so that you can get rid of the yeast infection quickly
One of other effective and useful home remedies for yeast infection is using echinacea. How can we use it to treat the yeast infection? The answer is below:
- Pour a half of teaspoon Echinacea tincture into a half of a cup water
- Mix well
- Drink it 4 times per day
- Do this every day in 2 weeks
However, it maybe cause some side effects, you should go to the doctor for his/ her advice before using this method to treat yeast infection.
21. Herbal Douche
Herbal douche is also a good home remedy for candida. Here is the detailed instruction of using herbal douche:
- Mix a teaspoon of chamomile tincture, lavender tincture, calendula tincture and thuja tincture well together.
- Pour the mixture to 1/3 cup hot water
- Assign the warm liquid to a douche ball (you can buy from the drug store)
- Lay down in the bath
- Insert the douche ball gently into your vagina
- Let the liquid flow in the vagina’s wall
- Doing this every day to get rid of irritation and inflammation
22. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen is a common home remedy for treating yeast infection too. It can kill yeast effectively. And these things are required for doing this technique:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda (if you want to treat oral yeast infection)
And this is how to use:
- First, add a teaspoon hydrogen peroxide into a cup of water
- Mix well
- Wash your vagina with the mixture every day. But just do it once a day
If you want to cure your oral yeast infection, please follow this:
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with water. Then wash your mouth with this mixture
- Dilute the hydrogen peroxide with baking soda. Add the mixture to your antifungal toothpaste. Finally, brush your teeth with this toothpaste.
In addition, to prevent the yeast infection, you ought to:
- Have the best diet and exercise regularly
- Eat a lot of vegetable and fruit
- Drink more water, at least 2 liter per day
- Avoid eating foods high in sugar
- Avoid drinking alcohol, beer
- Get a lot of good bacteria for example probiotic
- Avoid contracting with medications and chemicals
- Address the phsycological and emotional issues
- Avoid wearing tight leggings, pantyhose or pants
- Avoid wearing underwear with other people
- Wash underwear by hot water
- Not sit around in bathing suits
- Stay away from stress
- Stay away from birth control pill
- Practice good personal hygiene
- Have a bath after sex
If you want to know more about natural at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 22 effective and fast home remedies for yeast infection, hope that it can help you find out the best and the most suitable home remedies to get rid of your yeast infection easily and quickly. However, the article is only for the informational purpose; therefore, you should meet your doctor to get the advice before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other natural at home remedies for yeast infection, please leave them below.