Anyone who has sparkling white teeth often looks more attractive, healthier and younger. There are many people who usually avoid smiling in public places because of their teeth color. Some factors causing yellow teeth may include poor dental hygiene, ageing, hereditary factors, or excessive consumption of tobacco, cigarette, coffee and tea. Furthermore, improper metabolism, climatic conditions, infection, and the high dose of antibiotics also contribute to the discoloring of your teeth.
Generally, people look for professional treatments in order to remove the yellow tinge from their teeth. However, these treatments may be expensive and take a lot of time. So now if you want to whiten your teeth, let’s use some natural remedies which can be done at home. In addition, these remedies don’t cost too much money and some of them can be easily found in your kitchen. If you need to find out what they are in order to whiten your teeth and give you a perfect smile, you ought to continue reading this article on our page Effectiveremedies.com which will present to you the best home remedies to whiten teeth that you can follow to get perfect teeth.
Top 17 Natural Home Remedies To Whiten Teeth Naturally & Fast
These are 17 natural and effective home remedies to whiten teeth quickly
1. Baking Soda
The best ingredient helping you to whiten your teeth is baking soda.
The reason why it can help is that it removes the plaque as well as gives your teeth a pearly white shine. Here is the detailed instruction, which you can follow to have white teeth:
- Firstly, take a quarter teaspoon of baking soda
- Then mix them with your toothpaste
- Next brush your teeth with this mixture
- Finally, wash off with warm water
- Do this remedy once or twice per week
- Continue doing every week until your teeth are white
In order to whiten your teeth, you also follow these steps below:
- Now take a little baking soda
- Then dilute it with water
- Finally, gently scrub your teeth with this solution
- Follow these steps twice in the first week and keep doing every 15 days
2. Baking Soda With Hydrogen Peroxide
Another way to use baking soda is combining it with hydrogen peroxide. This is the detailed instruction for you:
- Firstly, take a tablespoon of baking soda as well as 1 ½ teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide
- Then mix them with a cup of water
- Finally, use this solution as your mouthwash
- Do this two or three times per day daily until you get the positive result
Sometimes, you can use white vinegar or lemon juice instead of using hydrogen peroxide
3. Orange Peel
In the list of top home remedies to whiten teeth, orange peel is one of the most wonderful suggestions. If you use it regularly, it will help to reduce the yellow tinge which is accumulated on your teeth. Let’s use it as the following direction:
- Now take an orange peel
- Then rub it over your teeth every night before bedtime so that the microorganisms will be combatted by calcium and vitamin C in orange peel
- Do this in a few weeks to get the effective result
Also, you can use the powder of dried orange peel if you do not have fresh orange peel.
Strawberries have a lot of vitamin C which can help you to whiten your teeth. Here is the detailed instruction which you can follow to make your teeth become whiter.
- First take some strawberries
- Next grind them in order to make a paste
- Finally, gently rub it on your teeth
- Do this remedy twice per day
- Repeat every day for a few days or until you teeth become whiter and the yellow tinge will vanish
5. Strawberries And Baking Soda
Baking soda and strawberries are good home remedies to whiten teeth thanks to vitamin C found in strawberries. Now it’s time to whiten your teeth by using this specific direction below:
- First take a half teaspoon of baking soda and a pulp of a strawberry
- Then mash strawberry
- Next mix it with baking soda well together
- After that, spread this mixture on your teeth
- Finally, wash it off as well as brush your teeth with your toothpaste after leaving it on for a few minutes
- Do this once or twice per week
- Repeat every week until you get the result
See more: Top 36 Natural Solutions For Bad Breath
6. Hydrogen Peroxide Only
Hydrogen peroxide includes the mild bleaching effect which may help to whiten your teeth. Therefore, you ought to follow the direction below:
- Now brush your teeth as usual
- Then take your mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide
- Finally, gargle with this mouthwash and rinse off again
But remember not to swallow this. And you should use hydrogen peroxide carefully because it may cause the irritation of your gums along with making your teeth sensitive.
7. Lemon Juice And Salt
In order to make your teeth become whiter as well as remove the yellow tinge on your teeth, lemon is a good idea for this case. In fact, there are several ways to use lemon for whitening your teeth. You can gargle with lemon juice every day or use the lemon peel to scrub your teeth daily.
And the combination between lemon juice and salt is also one of the best home remedies to whiten teeth. Here is the detailed instruction for you:
- Firstly, mix some drops of lemon juice with some salt together
- After that, apply the mixture on your teeth
- Next vigorously rub the mixture over your gums and teeth
- Now let it sit for a few minutes
- Finally, wash your mouth with water thoroughly
- Follow this treatment twice a day
- Repeat every day for 2 weeks in order to get rid of yellow tinge and have white teeth
Salt is not only a cooking ingredient but also a treatment if your teeth need to be whitened.
You can use it for any age. It helps to replenish the lost mineral content in your teeth as well as helps to revive your teeth white color. There are three methods to apply salt for whitening teeth as below. You can choose to perform one of them.
- You can use salt every morning as the tooth powder instead of using toothpaste
- You also mix a little salt with some charcoal and use it to brush your teeth regularly
- Another choice for you is to mix salt with baking soda. And then you can rub the mixture on your teeth
Whatever you choose to apply in order to whiten your teeth, you ought to be extra careful to use salt because it may damage your gums as well as your tooth enamel if you use it roughly
9. Holy Basil Leaves
Containing whitening properties, holy basil can protect your teeth from the problems such as pyorrhea which is the advanced form of periodontal disease. So applying this remedy is also a good idea. Let’s follow these steps below:
- Firstly, place a few holy basil leaves under the sun for a few hours
- Next grind them in order to get powder when you see the leaves dry
- After that, mix this powder with your toothpaste
- Finally, brush your teeth as usual
- Do this remedy once or twice per day
- Keep doing every day until you get the positive result
10. Holy Basil Leaves With Mustard Oil
As you have known that holy basil leaves can help to whiten your teeth due to its whitening properties, so now why don’t you combine them with another ingredient? Let’s consult this method:
- First take some holy basil leaves
- Then mix them with an enough amount of mustard oil
- Finally, use this mixture to clean your teeth
- Follow this remedy once per day
- Repeat every day until your teeth are whitened
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Do you like eating crunchy food items such as apple? Apple brings a lot of benefits to our lives. And one of the benefits which it brings to us is that it can help to make your teeth whiter. In addition, eating the crunchy apple is able to scrub your teeth as your toothbrush.
So what you need to do now is trying to eat at least an apple per day. If you want to stay away from the yellow stain which is accumulated on your teeth, you should do this twice a day daily.
Remember to chew thoroughly in order that the natural acid in the apple, as well as the fiber-rich rough flesh, have more time to work on the teeth.
Sometimes, you can consume other crunchy food items like cucumbers, broccoli and carrots.
In order to get the white and sparkling teeth, charcoal is also one of the wonderful home remedies to whiten teeth. Charcoal contains the powerful crystal-based chemical which is capable of whitening your teeth. Here is the detailed instruction for you:
- First take some charcoal powder
- Then mix it with your toothpaste
- Finally, use this paste to brush your teeth as usual
- Do this method twice per day
- Repeat every day in order to make your teeth whiter
And if you do not have charcoal, you are able to use the ashes of burnt rosemary and burnt bread too.
Thanks to the antiseptic and astringent properties, neem oil or margosa oil can help you not only to whiten your teeth but also to get rid of the bad breath as well as prevent dental cavities. Therefore, applying this remedy will help you to change your teeth color. Here are two ways that you can follow:
- You can chew some neem branches or use neem twigs as your toothbrush every day. It can help you to tackle your teeth problems along with removing yellow discoloration.
- Or you can take a little neem oil. Then mix it with your toothpaste. Finally, brush your teeth as usual. Do this remedy twice per day daily until your teeth become white as you want.
See more: Top 21 Natural Solutions For Oral Thrush
Are you a big fan of bananas? Do you often throw banana peel after eating it? Now it’s time to change your mind. Banana contains a lot of wonderful minerals such as magnesium, manganese and potassium. Those minerals can be absorbed into your teeth and keep them looking best. Therefore, to get the perfect teeth, you ought to follow these steps below:
- First take the banana peel after you eat it
- Then apply it on your teeth
- Next rub it gently. You have to use the inside of the peel
- Finally, leave it on for 2 minutes
- Follow this process once or twice per day
- Repeat every day until your condition is improved
15. Olive Oil
One of the effective home remedies to whiten teeth is olive oil. Now please follow this detailed direction below:
- Firstly, take a cloth or cotton swab
- Then it into a little olive oil
- Next apply onto your teeth in 2 or 3 minutes
- Finally, brush your teeth as usual
- Do this remedy twice per day
- Keep doing every day until you notice the positive result
16. Coconut Oil
Is it true that coconut oil can help to clean your teeth? Some people say that when they apply coconut oil after brushing, their teeth will become whiter. However, most people praise the results of oil pulling. Here is the specific direction of how to use coconut oil:
- Now place a full spoon of coconut oil into your mouth
- After that, swish it between your teeth from 5 to 20 minutes
- Do this remedy once or twice per day daily until you see your teeth become white as you want
Sometimes, you can add a few drops of coconut oil to your toothbrush and then brush your teeth.
Also, you can apply coconut oil as this way. You add a little coconut oil to the corner of the washcloth and rub it on your teeth gently.
In addition, coconut oil includes antimicrobial properties so it is good for your gums.
17. Turmeric, Salt And Lime Juice
Turmeric is also one of the natural and effective home remedies to whiten teeth because of its whitening properties. Let’s implement this remedy according to the detailed instruction below:
- Firstly, take some turmeric roots
- Secondly, roast them
- Next crush them into the powder
- Then add some lime juice as well as some salt
- After that, mix them well in order to make a fine paste
- Finally, rub this paste on your teeth, leave it on for a few minutes and wash it off
- Do this remedy once or twice per week weekly until you get the wanted result
If you want to know more about natural at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 17 natural and effective home remedies to whiten teeth, hope that it can help you find out the best and most suitable home remedies to have white teeth easily and quickly. However, the article is only for the informational purpose; therefore, you should see your doctor in order to get the advice before applying any in these home remedies to whiten teeth. If you have any question, or you know other at home remedies to whiten teeth, please leave them below.