The body skin constantly sloughs off the dead cells, which will give way to the new skin cells moving up from the lower skin layers. This continual renewal helps to keep your skin looking smoother, younger, and more radiant. However, over time, this natural cycle will slow down, which leads to a buildup of dead cells on the outside skin layer. This accumulation makes your skin look dull and darker and results in blemishes and fine lines. Therefore, it is very important for you to exfoliate your skin regularly. If you are looking for some ways how to remove dead skin cells, have a look at this article on Effectiveremedies.com in the line of Skin care to get a fresher & clearer skin.
Top 34 Ways How To Remove Dead Skin Cells Naturally
1. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Avoid Taking A Long, Hot Bath Or Shower
Maybe taking a long hot bath or shower is a favorite thing of many people, especially before going to sleep because it helps to relax the body and give you a sounder sleep at night. However, a long hot bath or shower may remove the natural oils from the skin and then make it more sensitive. Those who often take long hot showers are easier to suffer from the skin-related issues such as irritation, dryness, and redness, than people who take lukewarm showers. If you want to avoid the dryness due to taking a hot bath or shower for a long period of time, limit the time you bathe for about 10 minutes.
2. Opt For The Suitable Soap
Before using homemade ways on how to remove dead skin cells, you should know that there are a few soaps & cleaning products containing chemicals can result in skin irritation and dryness. Chemicals and some certain harsh ingredients present in soaps can make the sensitive skin irritated, which will result in skin allergy. In addition, these products also remove the natural oils from the skin. Many people try to find the cleaning products that include alcohol because they think that alcohol can help to kill germs effectively. However, alcohol actually makes your skin dry and dehydrated. Hence, you should use the good mild products with great moisturizing properties instead of using these harsh soaps and other harmful cleaning products. Moreover, remember to read the instruction & the labels carefully. Not only does the suitable soap make the skin clean but it also prevents it from the dryness and cracks.
3. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Steam
Before using any natural method to eliminate the dead cells on the skin, it is very important for you to give your skin a steam therapy. When the steam comes in contact with your face, the oil, dirt pores, and dead skin cells open up, which will make it easier for the homemade scrub work well by penetrating in its deep layer. After giving your skin a steam for 15 minutes, use some natural scrubs and allow it to stay on for half an hour. Then, wash off the skin with lukewarm water. Use these scrubs daily to get the best results.
4. Sunflower Oil Method
If you are looking for the homemade methods on how to remove dead skin cells, I would like to suggest using some homemade facial masks. Here is a facial mask that you should apply 2 or 3 times per week to get the best results. This mask is best for people with a normal skin. Here is the step-by-step guide on how to remove dead skin cells by using sunflower oil.
- Firstly, mix 1/2 fresh avocado, pear, and 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil well.
- Then, stir them well to get a smooth paste.
- Now, apply this smooth paste to your skin and wait for several minutes before washing it off with warm water.
In case, you have an oily skin, you can follow the method below:
- Firstly, beat an egg white finely and then mix it with 1 teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice.
- Now, apply the mixture to your face and wait for 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off completely.
Note: If you have a dry skin, take 1 egg white, a little sunflower oil, and 1 teaspoon of honey. And then do the same guide as a pack for oily skin.
5. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Using Oatmeal Remedy
Oatmeal has the grainy texture that works as a natural exfoliating agent suitable for all skin types. In addition, the saponins present in it aid in removing the excess sebum, dead skin cells, and other impurities. Besides, the minerals & vitamins found in oatmeal are great for your skin while the protein in it helps to keep water loss at bay to keep the skin moisturized for a longer time. Oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory and soothing effects that make it best for the mature and sensitive skin.
- At first, put 2 tablespoons of oatmeal into a clean bowl.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of raw honey to it and mix them well.
- Now, apply the mask to your face and gently massage it in circular motions to remove the dead cells.
- After that, let it stand on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off the scrub with cool water, pat your skin dry, and apply a lightweight moisturizer.
- Firstly, mix 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal, 2 teaspoons each of honey and lemon juice, and a little clean water to create a paste.
- Now, gently rub this scrub on your skin for several minutes and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off the scrub.
Repeat either of these methods once or twice per week.
6. Using Lentil
You can use lentil to create a homemade scrub for your body. This lentil scrub is more effective in removing the dead skin cells from your face & body. Here is the direction:
- Firstly, grind 2 tablespoons of lentil to get a fine powder.
- Then, mix this powder with an adequate amount of milk or honey.
- Now, apply the mixture to your body where you want to eliminate the dead skin cells.
- After that, wait for 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off using warm water.
- Repeat this treatment every day or just 2 times per week.
Note: You should use this scrub before taking a shower or bath.
7. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Chocolate Scrub
As you know, chocolate is considered a well-known food that may boost up your mood. In addition, you may also use chocolate to create an exfoliating method on how to remove dead skin cells from your face & body. Here is the direction.
- Firstly, combine an adequate amount of cocoa powder and a little lemon juice together.
- Then, add rose water to this mixture.
- Next, grind some oatmeal and then add it to this mixture.
- Now, mix them with a sufficient amount of raw honey and sugar to make a semi-solid paste.
- After that, gently rub this paste on the skin in circular motions.
- Finally, wash it off using warm water.
Note: For some people, this chocolate scrub help to get rid of the dead skin cells effectively but it results in the harsh feeling when applied to their face. In this case, try adding a little olive oil to this paste.
8. Sandalwood Powder Remedy
Sandalwood is one of other natural ways on how to remove dead skin cells and it is especially great for dry skin type. It contains a soothing effect on the skin, particularly in the hot weather. In addition, sandalwood powder also helps to add the smoothness, radiance, and glow to your skin. Besides, this powder is also very effective in purifying the skin from impurities such as dirt, sebum, and oil.
- Firstly, mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder with 1 teaspoon each of gram powder and rice powder.
- Then, mix this with a little milk or rosewater to make a thick paste.
- Now, apply it to the skin and scrub it for 10 minutes before washing it off.
- Avoid using this method for more than once per week.
9. The Great Scrub Of Sugar & Olive Oil
The mixture of sugar & olive oil makes an excellent scrub that is suitable for all skin types. The fine sugar particles aid in removing the dead skin cells while olive oil acts as a natural moisturizer for your skin. You can use this scrub to exfoliate all parts of the body, including your lips.
- Firstly, mix 1/2 cup of fine sugar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil thoroughly.
- Then, add 2 teaspoons of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to this mixture.
- Now, apply this mixture to your skin and then rub it in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off using warm water and then gently pat the skin dry.
- Use this scrub for once or twice per week.
10. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Using Lemon
If you are looking for some natural methods on how to remove dead skin cells, don't skip lemon. Not only can you use it on the dry skin areas but you also use it throughout the body parts such as your neck, knees, face, and elbows. In addition to removing the dead skin cells, this scrub will also make your skin look fairer and softer.
- Firstly, take lemon juice in a bowl and then mix it with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Next, moisten your skin with clean water and then thoroughly massage this mixture in circular motions.
- Finally, rinse it well and apply a good moisturizer.
11. Using Green Tea For Getting Rid Of Dead Skin Cells
If you love drinking green tea for a good health, you can recycle the used tea bags to make a great homemade scrub. The green tea leaves have a slightly rough texture that can help to exfoliate your skin in order to eliminate the dirt, dead skin cells, and other impurities. Furthermore, green tea also improves skin elasticity, enhances your skin complexion, and makes the skin healthier.
- At first, take out the contents of one or two used green tea bags and add it to a bowl. Then, add 2 tablespoons of honey to this bowl.
- Optionally, you can add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to it.
- Now, mix these ingredients well to create a thick paste.
- After that, spread the mixture on your face and leave the paste on for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, use your wet fingers to gently scrub off this mask.
- Use this scrub one time per week.
12. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Baking Soda Remedy
Baking soda is also among ways on how to remove dead skin cells naturally that you should try. Its pH level can neutralize the alkaline nature of the skin. In fact, it is great for people with oily skin because it helps to eliminate the excess oil from their face.
- Firstly, take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and then add 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey to it.
- Now, mix these ingredients well to create a fine paste.
- After that, scrub your face with this paste for 5 minutes.
- At first, mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with aloe vera gel to make a soft paste.
- Then, scrub this mixture on the skin in a circular motion for about 2 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your skin with warm water.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and a little rose water well.
- Then, apply this thick paste to your body parts.
- Now, keep it for at least 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Do not use this method if you have sensitive or dry skin.
13. Coffee For Removing Dead Skin Cells
If you are seeking for some ways on how to remove dead skin cells naturally, your regular coffee grounds can be a smart option. Coffee grounds aid in removing the dead skin cells and support the production of new cells. In addition, the flavonols present in the coffee grounds are useful in improving your skin texture, repairing the damaged skin, and maintaining a glowing skin. Besides, coffee also offers antioxidants while it helps to tighten your skin and increase the blood flow to the skin.
- Mix 3 tbsp. of coffee grounds, 1 tbsp. of olive oil, 1 tbsp. of honey, and 1 tbsp. of fine sugar well.
- Massage this paste on your skin using a gentle, circular motion.
- Let it be on your skin for about 5 to 10 mins.
- Wash it off using warm water and pat your skin dry.
- Use this method once per week.
14. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Using Honey
As another useful method on how to remove dead skin cells naturally, don't skip cleansing the face regularly. Some people say that you may use honey to cleanse your face. Honey is regarded as the natural scrub, which can aid you in eliminating the oil, dirt, and dead cells without damaging the skin. In addition, honey is also a great moisturizer that can make your skin softer and smoother. It can also flush out the waste products and harmful toxin from the skin and remove the bacteria causing acne. In fact, honey is safe and suitable for any skin type, so you can use it to clean the face. Here is the combination of raw honey and cinnamon powder, which offers an exfoliating and antiseptic property to eliminate dead skin cells and treat acne.
- At first, add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in a bowl.
- Then, mix them well and apply this mixture to the body parts.
- Now, leave it for about 10 minutes and then gently massage the skin to eliminate the dead skin cells.
- Finally, dampen your face and then rinse it off.
15. Almonds For Removing Dead Skin Cells
Using almonds is another useful way on how to remove dead skin cells that you should try. Almonds are considered as a great method to pamper the skin. They are a rich source of vitamins A and E. in addition, they also contain healthy fats that aid in maintaining healthy and young skin.
- Firstly, soak 10 almonds in clean water or milk overnight.
- In the next morning, you peel the skin of almonds and grind these almonds into a granular mixture.
- Now, mix it with 2 teaspoons of honey and apply this paste to your face & neck.
- After that, rub it in a circular motion for a few minutes and then let it dry naturally on your skin for about 10 to 15 mins.
- Finally, use warm water to rinse your face.
- Use this face scrub 2 to 3 times per week.
16. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Potatoes
Many people often use potatoes to eliminate their dead skin cells from the underarms. It is totally true. As a bonus, potatoes can also help to make the skin lighter naturally and effectively. This is one of the most excellent methods on how to remove dead skin cells that you shouldn’t miss.
- Firstly, cut a fresh potato into thin slices.
- Then, rub them over the underarms for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water.
- Use this remedy daily to get the best results.
17. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells With Sea Salt
It is very easy to remove the dead skin cells from the face with salt. Salt is rich in sodium Chloride compound that acts as a natural exfoliator and eliminates the dirt grimes on the skin. Moreover, the antiseptic properties of salt eliminate the bacteria on the skin and reduce the itching & swelling. The citric acid present in the lemon juice is very effective in getting rid of the dead skin cells. Besides, being rich in mineral, salt is best suited for an oily skin. Not only does it remove the dead skin cells but it also revitalizes the skin like a newborn baby.
- Firstly, take 1 tablespoon of salt in a clean bowl.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to it and mix them well.
- Now, rub this mixture on your skin and massage the skin for 5 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off.
- At first, mix 1 teaspoon of sea salt with a little olive oil for a dry skin, with wheat germ oil for a mature skin, with jojoba oil for an oily skin, and with neem for a skin with acnes.
- Then, mix them well and then apply this face pack on your face.
- Now, gently massage for a while and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water.
18. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Using Orange Peels
One of other useful methods on how to remove dead skin cells is to use orange peel powder. Its slightly abrasive nature works as a great exfoliating agent that can aid in removing dirt and dead cells from your skin. As a bonus, the antioxidant and vitamin C present in it help to rejuvenate your skin, which will make it look younger and more vibrant. Furthermore, orange peel acts as a skin lightening agent and can help to eliminate the pigments & scars on the face.
- At first, take the orange peels and let the peels dry for 2 to 3 days in the direct sunlight. Next, grind the orange peels to make a fine powder.
- Now, mix 3 tablespoons of this powder with 4 tablespoons of honey in a bowl to make a paste.
- After that, wash your face with clean water without using soap.
- Then, apply the paste to your face for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, clean your face with a wet cotton ball and wash it with cold water.
19. Pineapple Juice Remedy
Another method on how to remove dead skin cells naturally is to use pineapple juice because it contains proteolytic. This is an enzyme that helps to prevent the skin damages caused due to free radicals. In addition, pineapple juice is also effective in removing the dead skin cells & detoxifying the skin. Applying pineapple juice regularly can give you a clean and radiant skin.
- Firstly, apply 2 teaspoons of pineapple juice to the skin.
- Then, let this juice dry naturally for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water.
You should follow this treatment 2 or 3 times per week to get the desired results.
20. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Curd & Rice Scrub
The combination of curd, rice, and rose oil is another effective treatment on how to remove dead skin cells naturally and can help to give you a smooth & soft skin because they are very rich in emollients. Curd, rice, and rose oil are helpful to minimize the tanning of your skin and prevent the skin cells from the damage by neutralizing the harmful free radicals.
- At first, grind some rice.
- Then, mix 2 teaspoons of ground rice, 1.5 teaspoons of curd, and 2 drops of rose oil well.
- Now, use your fingers to spread it on your face and wait until the paste is dried.
- Finally, wash your face off using clean water.
21. Using Gram Flour Remedy To Remove The Dead Skin Cells
Gram flour, also called besan is another effective ingredient that helps to remove the dead skin cells, thus giving the glow to your skin. In addition, it also eliminates excess oil from the skin and prevents some problems such as acne, blackheads, and pimples.
- Firstly, mix 2 tbsp. of gram flour with 2 to 3 tbsp. of rose water or plain water together to make a paste.
- Next, apply this paste to your skin and let it on until it is dry completely.
- After that, use your wet fingers to scrub it off and rinse your face.
- At first, mix 2 tbsp. of gram flour with 2 tbsp. of plain yogurt.
- You may also add 1/2 tbsp. of turmeric powder to it. If the mask is too thick, add yogurt.
- Now, spread this paste to your face & neck.
- Finally, allow it to dry naturally and then rinse it off.
You should use either of these methods once or twice per week.
22. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Using Brown Sugar
The sugar particles are another method on how to remove dead skin cells naturally. Brown sugar also eliminates the excess oil on the face. It is a great natural humectant, which means that it can attract the moisture from the surroundings into the skin. Therefore, it prevents the skin from the excess dryness. Besides, the natural content of glycolic acid of sugar can penetrate the skin and break down the “glue” which link between your skin cells. This helps to rejuvenate your skin cells faster and give you a younger skin. As a bonus, this glycolic acid is also used to heal anti-aging & sunburns.
- Firstly, take 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a little lemon juice to it.
- Now, stir them well.
- After that, apply this to your skin and then rub it gently.
- Finally, rinse off the scrub with water.
23. Pumice Stone And Warm Water
If you are trying to find an effective method on how to remove dead skin cells on your feet, especially your heels, a soak with warm water followed by scrubbing this body part with a pumice stone can be the best choice. It will help to eliminate the dead skin cells as well as reduce the chance of cracked feet.
- At first, pour warm water and a little mild liquid soap in a foot tub.
- Then, soak your feet in the warm water for about 15 minutes.
- After that, use a pumice stone to scrub the skin in circular motions for 10 minutes.
- Next, use clean water to rinse off your feet and pat them dry with a towel.
- Now, generously apply olive oil on your feet.
- Finally, wear a pair of socks and then leave them on overnight.
- Repeat this method once per week.
24. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Green Tea Remedy
Green tea is very effective in repairing your skin and rejuvenating it faster. It also helps to get rid of the pimples, acne, and some other skin blemishes. In addition, it also contains anti-aging properties and minimizes the wrinkles.
- Firstly, take 5 teaspoons of the dried green tea leaves.
- Then, add 4 teaspoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of honey and 3/4 cup of olive oil to it.
- Now, mix these ingredients well.
- After that, scrub your face with this for 10 minutes.
- Finally, use clean water to rinse it off.
25. Avocado Seed For Removing Dead Skin Cells
While avocado pulp is often used to create face masks, you may also use its seed as a method on how to remove dead skin cells. It also helps to remove the excess sebum and many other impurities from your skin. The seed is rich in antioxidants, which aid in repairing and nourishing the dry & damaged skin.
- At first, wash some avocado seeds and eliminate the brown skin.
- Then, use a grinder or blender to grind them into a fine powder.
- Next, mix 1 tablespoon of the powder with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of honey in a clean bowl.
- Now, gently rub this mixture on your skin in circular motions and wait 10 or 15 minutes.
- Finally, take a bath.
- Do this method once per week.
26. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Pomegranate
The dead skin cells on the lips can lead to dry and chapped lips. Caring for your lips carefully is important as much as caring for other body parts such as your face, arms, and legs. If you don't exfoliate the dead cells from your lips regularly, your lips can look chapped and dark. A natural lip scrub that is made from pomegranate seeds helps to make the lips look pink naturally. This scrub can also give the moisture to your lips.
- Firstly, crush some pomegranate seeds and add a little milk cream to it.
- Next, mix these ingredients well and then apply this mixture to the lips.
- Now, gently rub your lips.
- Finally, use lukewarm water to wash your lips and pat it dry.
Learn more: How to Get Rid of Swollen Lip Fast and Naturally
27. Using Dry Brushing Remedy
Dry brushing is another great method on how to remove dead skin cells naturally. It effectively sloughs off your dead skin cells and opens up your skin pores. As a bonus, this can also tighten the skin and improve its texture over time.
- Firstly, stand upright in the bathroom.
- Then, start to dry brushing the feet & slowly brush other body parts such as your thighs, legs, back, abdomen, chest, arms, and shoulders in a gentle and brisk motion. Do this for about 15 to 25 minutes.
- After that, take a long warm shower or bath.
- Finally, pat your skin dry and apply a lightweight moisturizer.
- Use this method a few times per week.
Note: Remember to use a bristle brush for this technique.
28. How To Remove Dead Skin Cells – Apple Cleanser Remedy
Apple is also another useful method on how to remove dead skin cells naturally from your face and body that you should be aware of. Apple includes a lot of nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins. It may absorb easily into the skin and offer many benefits.
- At first, take 2 peeled apple slices, 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, 125 grams of yogurt, 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Then, combine these ingredients together in a blender or food processor until you get a smooth paste.
- Next, wet the face with warm water and spread this solution on your face.
- Finally, cleanse it off.
Here are some useful ways on how to remove dead skin cells that I collected from the reliable sources. If you have other ways, please share with use by dropping your comment in the bottom of my post.