While people from Western countries prefer a tanned appearance, people from Eastern countries such as Korea, China, India, etc don’t favor this look, and tanned skin is considered as an unattractive and unaesthetic appearance. Therefore, many people, especially women, complain about sun tan in hot summer. The ultraviolet rays from the sun can increase production of melanin in the body, which leads to sun tanned skin. Instead of using many expensive cosmetic products that are available in drug stores or supermarkets, you may try natural and useful treatments. There are many simple natural home tactics, which can lighten sun tanned skin areas and restore a lighter complexion as well. In this writing, EffectiveRemedies.com will reveal you top 38 best tips on how to remove sun tan from body & face skin naturally. All of the solutions in this writing are gathered from reliable sources. Because each person owns a different skin condition, you had better consult doctors before you want to apply any solution. Hopefully, 38 simple solutions can help you get rid of sun tan quickly.
38 Best Tips On How To Remove Sun Tan From Body & Face Skin Naturally
1. Yogurt With Tomato And Cucumber Juice
The first natural solution for sun tan I would like to introduce in this writing is yogurt. It can cool your skin, tighten pores, as well as reduce redness, so yogurt is very helpful in minimizing sun tan. For the beneficial results, you can follow the below instructions.
You will need:
- A cup of plain yogurt
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- Firstly, you take the tomato and cucumber and crush them to extract their fresh juice.
- Next you add the juice to the plain yogurt in a clean cup.
- Then you add ½ cup of gram flour
- Now you apply this mixture on your sun tanned skin.
- You allow it like that for about thirty to forty-five minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- In addition, you can apply fresh yogurt on your skin every day before you take a shower. If you want to get fast relief from sun tan, you can add tomato juice and lime juice to the yogurt.
- Follow this method every day to get the best result
2. Fresh Aloe Vera
The simplest solution for sun tan you can apply daily is using fresh aloe vera. It helps to nourish as well as cleanse your skin. Now I will give you detailed directions to remove the sun tan quickly.
- First of all, you apply the gel of aloe vera leaf on your tanned skin before you go to bed.
- You leave it like that overnight.
- In the morning, you rinse off your skin carefully with water.
- Do this method every day to get the best result
One of the excellent natural home solutions for sun tanned skin is using raw potato. Especially, it contains a rich source of vitamin C and works as a natural bleacher. Also, it can help to soothe sunburn. If you are wondering how to remove sun tan from your skin naturally with potato, you should read the below easy steps so that you can get rid of sun tan effectively.
- 2 – 3 raw potatoes
- Firstly, you peel the skin off potatoes and then cut them into small chunks, and put them in a blender to make a fine paste.
- After that, you apply a thick paste of this paste all over your problem skin. Then you let it dry for about thirty minutes, and finally you wash it off with cold water.
- For the best results, you should add little lemon juice to this raw potato paste before you use it.
- Do this way daily for a few days or weeks
4. Gram Flour With Water
When you find the natural treatments for your sun tanned skin, you should not forget gram flour. It is very beneficial in removing sun tan because it helps to remove dead skin cells as well as gives you a bright and young skin. Gram flour powder is available in supermarket, or you can create a green gram paste by yourself at home. Now, here are detailed directions:
- Firstly, you add the gram flour to some water and mix the mixture well.
- Then you rub it all over your affected skin areas.
- Next you wait about twenty minutes before you rinse it off with water.
- For the best results, you should do this solution twice a week for one couple of months.
- Instead of normal water, you can also use rose water. Also, you can mix lime juice and plain yogurt into the paste. Then apply this mixture on your sun tan to treat this problem.
See more: Top 20 natural home treatments for burns
5. Turmeric And Gram Flour
Gram flour helps you prevent some skin problems like blemish, pimples, dark spots, and acne on the skin. Moreover, it also helps to eliminate unwanted hair as well as bring life to your dull & lifeless skin. In addition, gram flour is quite cheap & readily available. Now keep reading to learn the method using the mixture of gram flour with turmeric in more detail.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp of gram flour
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of crushed orange peel
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Rose water
- Add the gram flour into a clean bowl.
- Next place the turmeric into it.
- Add the crushed orange peel and the milk to this bowl.
- Now pour the rose water.
- Mix all ingredients well to make a fine paste.
- Use a mild soap to wash your face.
- Then apply the paste on your sun tan.
- Leave it on for about twenty minutes.
- After that, sprinkle rose water on the dried areas.
- Gently massage to remove the dry paste on your skin after about 20 minutes. Plus, you need to scrub clockwise at first, and then you scrub anti-clockwise.
- Doing this solution every day will help to get rid of sun tan fast. For better results, you can add 1 tbsp of yogurt or 2 drops of lemon. Lemon or yogurt can deep clean skin pores.
6. Milk With Lemon Juice And Turmeric
Milk can help to treat sun tan naturally and improve your health. When you seek on how to remove sun tan with natural home remedies, you should not forget milk. For the improvement, you need to follow the below directions:
- Firstly, you place a small amount of milk in a clean bowl and then add a pinch of turmeric and some lemon juice. Mix all ingredients well.
- Afterward, you apply this mixture on the affected areas, and you leave it dry completely.
- Lastly, you wash it off with water. This solution will help you get a faster relief from the sun tan.
- Do this lemon juice and turmeric solution daily to see the clear improvement
See more: 32 tips to whiten skin fast & naturally
7. Milk With Saffron
- Or simply, you can soak a pinch of saffron in fresh milk cream in the night.
- Next you stir the solution well in the morning
- Then you apply it on the sun tanned skin areas. This way will make your skin lighten and glow as well.
- Do this milk with saffron solution daily to see the clear improvement
8. Sandalwood With Turmeric
As you know, one of the excellent ingredients in many beauty products is sandalwood. It is often used for treating sun tan naturally because it contains skin lightening and anti-aging properties. Therefore, it helps to cleanse your skin and maintain a glowing complexion as well. So, how to remove sun tan with raw sandalwood and turmeric? Here are detailed instructions:
- Firstly, you mix the sandalwood powder and pure turmeric powder in equal amounts.
- Next you add plain water or some rose water to make a thick paste.
- Then you apply this paste on the affected areas, and you allow it on for around thirty minutes or until it dries.
- Lastly, you rinse it off with cold water. You should do this solution twice a week until you see the improvement.
- Alternately, you add coconut oil and almond oil to the sandalwood powder and then mix all ingredients well to make a paste. After that, you apply this paste on your sun tanned skin.
Another effective solution for the sun tan removal I would like to introduce is almond. Almond paste will help to lighten, scrub and cleanse your skin tone. Here is the solution on how to remove sun tan with raw almond:
- Firstly, you soak about five to six raw almonds in water and leave it entire night.
- Next you blend these almonds in the morning and add some milk to this to make a fine paste.
- Before you go to bed, you apply this paste on the sun tanned areas and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, you need to wash the skin off with cold water. For the best results, you had better do this remedy daily for the first fifteen days and repeat this process twice a week.
See more: 35 tips to get glowing skin naturally
10. Oatmeal Powder With Buttermilk Or Almonds And Dried Orange Peel
Oatmeal has skin-soothing properties and works as an excellent exfoliant that can tighten and cleanse the pores, so oatmeal powder are used in several natural methods to reduce a sun tan. If you do not know how to remove sun tan effectively with oatmeal powder, keep reading the below specific instructions.
- First of all, you mixture oatmeal powder and buttermilk well. Scrub it onto your sun tanned areas. The oatmeal powder will help to exfoliate your skin, and the buttermilk will soothe the skin. You should do this remedy daily until you see the improvement.
- Another way is to create a paste by mixing milk, ground almonds, dried ground orange peel, and oatmeal powder. Then you apply this paste on your sun tanned skin and let it on for about thirty minutes. Finally, you rinse off with cold water.
11. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is not only a nutrient drink but also is an effective remedy for removing sun tanned skin because it has natural bleaching agents. Now here are two simple methods on how to remove sun tan with fresh lemon juice:
- Firstly, you apply some lemon juice directly on your tanned skin area and then allow it dry before you wash the area with warm water.
- Or you can add a small amount of sugar to the fresh lemon juice. Next you apply it on your sun tan. Sugar is a very good cleansing agent. You should do this way twice or three times a week for the best results.
12. Aloe Vera And Lemon
Here are specific directions on how to remove sun tan effectively with aloe vera and lemon:
- 2 fresh aloe vera leaves
- 1 lemon
- Firstly, you take the aloe vera leaves and squeeze them to extract the gel. You do not need to prepare a bowl.
- Now you squeeze the lemon.
- Then you use your fingers to mix the lemon juice and the aloe vera gel well.
- Next you apply this mixture on the affected skin.
- You leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Lastly, you rinse it off with clean water.
- You can do this method daily to see the significant improvement
Note: After you do this solution, you do not need to apply any moisturizer because aloe vera gel is also a wonderful moisturizer itself.
13. Cabbage And Turmeric
The cleansing and health abilities of turmeric (yellow spicy) are well known. The cabbage juice contains a lot of phytochemicals & antioxidants, and both of them can fight against the harmful effects of the ultraviolet rays causing several skin problems like acne, pimples, and blackheads. Vitamin C in this juice helps to protect your skin from damage.
Moreover, it can improve texture and tone of skin. In addition, vitamin E and vitamin A can make your skin soft, supple, and bright, and the potassium gives you a fair skin complexion.
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A raw cabbage
- A handful of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of gram flour or rice flour
- The first step is to cut the raw cabbage into 4 pieces. You take a portion of the cabbage.
- Next you grate the portion of the cabbage into the small pieces.
- Then you squeeze the lemon and pour few drops into a small bowl.
- You add the honey into it.
- After that, you add the grated cabbage into it.
- You mix all ingredients well to make a fine paste.
- Now you apply this mixture on your sun tanned skin and keep it for about twenty to twenty-five minutes.
- You rinse it off with cold water.
- Lastly, you apply moisturizer.
- You can do this way daily to see the significant improvement
See More: How to Get Lighter Skin at Home
14. Buttermilk And Oatmeal
The combination of buttermilk and oatmeal is a very good remedy for sun tan removal. How to remove sun tan with the mixture of oatmeal and buttermilk? Let’s read the below directions.
- 1 tbsp of honey (optional)
- Buttermilk – 3 tbsp
- Oatmeal – 2 tablespoons
- First of all, you pour the oatmeal to a container.
- Now you add three tablespoons of buttermilk.
- You can add the honey if you like.
- Then you mix this mixture well to create the fine paste
- You apply this paste on your sun tan and then gently scrub it in circular motions.
- Leave it on for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Rinse it off with clean water.
- The final step is to apply moisturizer on your skin.
- You can apply this solution daily to see the significant improvement
15. Potato Pulp Or Juice With Lemon Juice
This solution removes blemishes, lightens up the texture of skin, as well as improves the health of the skin. How to remove sun tan quickly with the potato pulp & lemon juice? Here are specific instructions:
You will prepare:
- One small potato
- 2 drops of lemon juice
- First step is to peel the small potato and then you grate it into some small pieces.
- Next you can either make a smooth pulp or create a juice. Both act equally well.
- Afterward, you add the lemon juice to this mixture for the better results.
- You should clean your skin by using a mild soap.
- Now you apply directly over the affected skin slowly.
- Let it on for about twenty minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off.
- To obtain the best result, you should follow this method in 10 to 15 days
16. Cucumber With Lime Juice And Turmeric
Cucumber juice can also reduce a sun tan. Moreover, cucumbers have a cooling effect, which helps to eliminate a sun tan and soothe your skin as well. In addition, the vitamin C in cucumbers will also help to maintain your skin moisturized well. In order to use fresh cucumber juice in the right manner, here are some useful instructions:
- Firstly, you mix 1 tbsp of lime juice and 2 tbsp of fresh cucumber juice well. Next you add a pinch of turmeric to it.
- Then you mix it well and apply this mixture on the affected skin. let it like that for 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Or simply, you just put fresh cucumber slices on your tanned skin.
- To get the best result, you should apply this solution in a few days or weeks
17. Baking Soda
How to remove sun tan with baking soda? Here are easy directions you should practice.
- You make a thick paste of baking soda and water.
- Then you apply this paste on the tanned skin and gently massage for about ten minutes.
- This remedy will help to eliminate sun tan from your skin.
- You should do this treatment every day till you see the improvement.
18. Saffron With Milk And Lime Juice
How to remove sun tan naturally with milk and saffron? Now I will give you detailed direction.
- Four to five tbsp of warm milk
- 2 to 3 drops of lime juice
- Some strands of saffron
- Firstly, you add the lime juice in the warm milk.
- Then you add the saffron strands into the milk and mix this mixture well.
- Now you apply this mixture onto your sun tan and leave it remain on your skin for about five to ten minutes.
- Lastly, you wash it off with clean water.
- You had better follow it up with a moisturizer.
- To get the great result as you want, you should apply this solution daily
19. Cucumber With Tomato, Turmeric, Besan And Honey
How to remove sun tan with the combination of cucumber, tomato, besan and honey? Let’s follow the below directions.
- Milk cream/ curd (curd if your skin is oily and milk cream if your skin is dry)
- Firstly, you take the fresh cucumber and potato and then cut them into many slices.
- Next, you grate the cucumber and tomato slices in a clean bowl.
- You add ½ spoon of milk cream, 3 – 4 drops of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric and one spoon of honey.
- Then you add 2 spoonfuls of besan (chickpea flour) to the mixture.
- Now you apply this mixture to your sun tanned skin.
- After about twenty minutes, you wash it off with cold water.
- To get the best result, you should apply this solution in a few weeks
There are many other natural tips how to remove sun tan presented in this article, so keep reading!
20. Glycerin And Lemon
How to remove sun tan with the mixture of glycerin and lemon? For the best results, you should practice directions as follows:
- Firstly, you take about 5 tbsp of glycerin and add few drops of lemon juice to it. Mix this mixture well.
- Now you apply this mixture on your affected skin every night after you rinse your skin off with the plain water.
- You leave it on for around 30 minutes and rinse it off with water.
- This mixture will give the best results if you use it daily.
21. Besan Bleaching With Lemon Juice, Orange Peel, And Milk
Here are easy directions on how to remove sun tan with the combination of besan bleaching, lemon juice, orange peel, and milk.
- Take 2 tbsp of besan and add 3 – 5 drops of lemon juice, a pinch of haldi, crushed orange peel, and some milk to a bowl.
- Then you mix all ingredients and make a paste by pouring some cool rose water in the bowl.
- Afterward, you apply this paste all over the tanned skin. Remember that carefully avoid your eyes.
- Let this paste remain on your skin till it dries up partially.
- Now you gently scrub your skin and then wash it off. This solution will give you glowing and supple skin.
- You should continue repeating this solution regularly for one week in order to see considerable difference
22. Multani Mitti And Aloe Vera
The combination of multani mitti and aloe vera is great to soothe irritated and tanned skin. Aloe vera will help to treat acne, remove blemishes and soothe irritated skin. Multani mitti helps unclog pores as well as makes your skin glow.
- Firstly, you need to mix a few spoons of multani mitti with 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel or juice.
- Next add a pinch of haldi to the mixture and make a smooth paste.
- Then you add chilled rose water in this paste.
- Now you apply this paste on your tanned skin and allow it on for around fifteen minutes or till it dries.
- Afterward, you use your wet hand to pat your skin and then gently scrub it in circular motions. Lastly, rinse off with cool water.
- Apply this solution in a few weeks to see the best result
23. Lemon Juice, Tomato, And Yogurt
Tomato juice helps to lighten the skin naturally. Moreover, it is a very good astringent. On the other hand, yogurt has citric property and mild bleaching effect. It can remove your sun tan efficiently, keep the blemishes away, as well as leave the skin smooth and supple. How to remove sun tan with this natural remedy? You should do this solution step by step as follow:
You will need:
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of tomato pulp
- 1 tbsp of plain yogurt
- First of all, you add the tomato pulp into a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon to extract its fresh juice.
- Then you add the yogurt and pour this lemon juice into the tomato pulp bowl.
- Mix all ingredients well to make a paste.
- Now you apply the paste on your affected skin and leave it on for about thirty minutes.
- You check whether this paste has dried.
- Finally, wash it off with cold water.
- You gently massage it when washing off the pack.
- Remember that you should apply a moisturizer.
- Apply this way 1 or 2 times in a day for a few days or weeks to see the best result
24. Apple Cider Vinegar
Here are specific directions on how to remove sun tan with apple cider vinegar:
- First step is to take equal quantities of water and apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Mix this mixture well.
- Then dip your tanned skin completely into this mixture for about five to ten minutes.
- Next you clean your skin with some cold water.
- After that, you use a towel to dry your skin.
- For the best results, you should repeat this method every day.
25. Fuller’s Earth And White Gourd
How to remove sun tan with the mixture of fuller’s earth and white gourd? Let’s try directions as follows:
- Firstly, add white gourd paste and multani mitti together in a bowl and mix this mixture well to create a paste.
- Then you apply this paste to the affected skin.
- Leave it on for about twenty minutes.
- Lastly, you wash it off with normal or cold water.
- Apply this way once a day for a few weeks to see the best result
26. Honey And Papaya
As you know, papaya is a rich source of vitamin A and papain. The enzyme in papaya is very good for your skin restoration, whitening renewal, and exfoliation. Moreover, it also helps in skin hydration. Plus, raw honey helps in moisturizing and softening the skin.
You will need:
- ½ cup of papaya pulp
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- Firstly, you mash the papaya pulp well.
- Next you add the raw honey to it and mix it well to make a paste.
- After that, you apply this paste on your tanned skin and leave it for about twenty minutes.
- Last step is to rinse it off with normal water.
- You should apply this strategy daily for a few days or weeks
27. Raw Honey And Pineapple
With its tangy flavor and fresh, pineapple is known as the king of tropical fruits. Especially, it is very helpful for fair skin complexion. The enzymes in pineapples can help in removing dead cells from tanned and burnt areas. Moreover, pineapple juice is the storehouse of antioxidants, vitamin C, and bromelain, which are extremely effective in the treatment and prevention uneven skin toning, fine lines, and acne, etc. For the beneficial results, you need to combine 2 tbsp of pineapple pulp with 1 tbsp of honey and then apply this mixture on your tanned skin. After about three to five minutes, you wash thoroughly with cold water. Follow this strategy every day for a few days or weeks
28. Milk Cream And Walnut
Cream or milk cream is a wonderful skin moisturizer. Walnuts contain a lot of vitamin E, B, and anti-oxidants. Therefore, the combination of milk cream and walnut is one of the most effective natural remedies for sun tan.
How to remove sun tan with milk cream and walnut? Keep reading to learn directions in more detail.
- 1 tbsp of milk cream
- 6 walnuts
- Firstly, you soak the walnuts in the milk for about an hour.
- Next you mash the soft walnuts.
- Mix the mashed walnuts with the cream milk well.
- Then apply this mixture on your tanned skin thickly.
- Gently massage and leave it on for about twenty minutes.
- Now rinse it off with normal water.
- Follow this remedy daily for a few days or weeks
29. Lemon Juice With Cucumber And Rose Water
Mix together 1 tbsp of lemon juice, cucumber juice, and rose water in a bowl. Next apply this concoction on the tanned areas generously. The cucumber juice and rose water help to soothe your burnt and blemished skin while the lemon juice works to remove your sun tan. You should do this solution daily till you see the best result.
30. Lemon Juice And Turmeric Powder
Mix lemon 4 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of turmeric powder in a bowl and the stir it to make a smooth paste. After that, apply this paste on your affected skin and rinse it off after about thirty minutes. Turmeric is an excellent herb with anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and anti-bacterial properties. You should follow this solution every day till you see the result you desire.
31. Strawberries And Milk Cream
Crush 5 strawberries and then mix with 2 tbsp of fresh milk cream. Apply this mixture on your heavily tanned skin. Leave it on for about thirty minutes before you rinse it off with water. You should apply this method every day till you see the improvement.
31. Sesame Seed Oil With Olive And Almond Oil
Mix 1 tsp of almond oil and 1 tsp of olive oil with 4 tsp of sesame seed oil and then apply this mixture on the affected skin. Wash your skin off after about twenty minutes with lukewarm water. You should apply this solution every day until you see the improvement.
32. Milk With Rice Powder And Honey
Mix 1 tsp of raw honey, 2 tsp of rice powder, and 2 tbsp of cold milk into a bowl in order to make a fine paste. After about 20 minutes, apply this mixture on your sun tan and use the wet hands to slowly massage your skin. Finally rinse it off with cold water. Do this way daily until you see the improvement.
33. Chilled Yogurt With Mint Juice
Mix 2 tbsp of mint juice with 3 tbsp of chilled yogurt. Then soak a cotton pad into this mixture and then dab it on your affected skin. Leave it on for around ten minutes. Lastly, rinse it off with cold water. Do this way daily until you see the improvement.
34. Coconut Water With Sandalwood And Almond Oil
You mix 1 tsp of sandalwood with coconut water in a bowl to create a thick paste. Next you add 3 – 5 drops of almond oil into it. Then you apply this mixture on your sun tan. Allow it to dry for about 15 minutes before you clean it with normal water. You should follow this way once a day for a few days to see the better results.
35. Wheat Flour With Cucumber, Curd And Almond Powder
You will need 2 tbsp of wheat flour, 1 tbsp of finely grated cucumber, 2 tbsp of curd, and ½ spoon of almond powder. Firstly, you mix all ingredients in a small bowl and make a paste. You can add 2 pinches of turmeric powder to the mixture. Then you apply this mixture on the tanned areas and leave it dry. Lastly, you wash it off with water. Do this way once or twice in a day for a few days to see the improvement.
36. Papaya With Soda Bicarbonate And Salt
You take 2 tsp of mashed papaya, ¼ tsp of salt, and ¼ tsp of soda bicarbonate. Then you mix them into a bowl and make it like a thick paste. After that, you apply it all over the affected skin. You leave it on for about ten to fifteen minutes and then wash it off with normal water. Do this solution daily for a few days to see the best result. The salt helps to scrub away your dead skin cells while the papaya gives you a smooth and supple skin.
37. Cornmeal With Lemon Juice
Cornmeal is considered as one of excellent exfoliators, which can make the dullest skin look fresh and radiant. It also can cleanse excessive oil and flush away your dead skin cells. You mix cornmeal with fresh lemon juice and then massage this mixture onto your sun tanned skin in circular motions. After about twenty minutes, you wash it off with cool water. Do this way daily for a few days to see the improvement.
38. Ice Cube
The last tip is very simple. If you suffer from sun tan, you might rub some ice cubes on your affected skin in order to reduce the burning and itchiness. Alternately, you can pour cold water into a bath tub and soak your body in it to lessen the symptoms of suntan.
If you would like to know more about natural skin care tips and remedies for other skin conditions and diseases, visit our main Skin Care page. After reading the writing of top 38 best solutions on how to remove sun tan from face and body skin naturally, hope that you can choose the best natural solution to get rid of sun tan quickly without any side effect. Although all these solutions are very effective in getting rid of sun tan, they also will take a short time to eliminate sun tan. If you know other remedies for getting rid of sun tan or have any question, please leave your comments below. We will answer you as soon as possible.