The skin is the largest organ in your body that can protect the other organs from the disease and the toxins. However, for some reasons, your skin might be dry and affect the appearance as well as your health. In fact, there are many reasons that can cause your skin dry such as poor hygiene, sun expose, thyroid problems, dehydration, dry climate, harsh chemicals, diabetes, alcohol, caffeine, and other skin conditions. Dry skin will reduce your confidence and your beauty, however, you can stop this condition by reading this article because Effectiveremedies.com will show you top 7 best minerals & vitamins for dry skin on the face and body in winter and hopefully, they can help. Along with other home remedies and natural treatments, hopefully, this writing will give you a lot of comprehensive information about minerals, vitamins as well as the foods you should eat every day when you are trying to avoid taking supplements.
7 Best Minerals & Vitamins For Dry Flaky Skin On The Face & Body In Winter
Like vitamin A, zinc is one of the essential minerals for the dry skin cure because it is a necessary part of the physiological functions including the structure in enzymes, proteins, gene regulation. This mineral plays an important role in improving the immune system, healing wound, and synthesizing protein. Zinc contributes to building the proteins, cells and wound treating as well as fighting the UV radiation, inflammation. Supplying zinc does not only reduce dry skin, but it also helps you reduce acne and improve skin health.
The risk of zinc deficiency:
- Increase white marks, psoriasis, dermatitis, boils, and acne, etc.
- Increase marks on the skin.
- Reduce the elasticity and flexibility for your skin.
- Reduce appetite.
- Zinc deficiency is associated with bulimia, anorexia nervosa.
Good source of zinc: you can supply zinc by eating foods such as scallops, oysters, lamb, beef, liver, kidney, nuts, pumpkin seeds, shellfish, and so on.
2. Vitamin C
To regulate the protein collagen, vitamin C is needed and it is one of the most powerful vitamins for the dry skin. The truth is that vitamin C can improve skin health, enhance the skin appearance, reduce wrinkles, prevent UV damage decrease dryness on the skin, heal the wounds faster, and reduce scars very well. Moreover, vitamin C can reduce skin aging and stimulate the collagen production.
The risks of vitamin C deficiency:
- Vitamin C deficiency leads to scurvy, rough and dry skin.
- Cause hyperkeratosis pillaris.
- Get depression.
- Change your moods easier.
- Reduce the healing process on the wounds and skin.
- You will get joint pain quicker than normal.
- Lack of vitamin C also causes the anemia.
- Cause gingivitis, bleeding gums.
- Your hair grows slowly.
- You will lose the chance to repair the tissues in the skin, bone, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, teeth, and blood vessels.
The great source of vitamin C: you can add a significant amount of vitamin C through the foods such as parsley, basil, thyme, chives, cilantro, strawberries, citrus fruits, kiwi, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, dark leafy greens, guava, bell peppers. Eating them raw is the best way to intake vitamin C through the foods.
3. Vitamins for Dry Skin in Winter – Vitamin A
It can fight the aging skin and dryness on your skin very well, so you should add more vitamin A every day to prevent pigmentation, wrinkles, and reduce the dry skin. If you supply vitamin A properly, your skin will be smooth and healthy gradually. .
The risks of vitamin A deficiency:
- Lack of vitamin A might cause your skin scaly and keratinize.
- Cause dry and rough skin.
- Cause hyperkeratosis pillaris.
- Your skin will be darker.
- You will get the gut, bone ache, and muscle mass.
- Contributes to lead sunburn, burns, wounds, cold sores, psoriasis, eczema, acne, etc.
The good source of vitamin A contains cantaloupe, carrots, oranges, leafy greens, eggs, cheese, low-fat milk, liver, pumpkins, leafy greens, etc.
Learn more: Useful Treatments For Scars On Face
4. Vitamins for Dry Skin in Winter – Vitamin B Complex
If you want to have a healthy skin, particularly to get rid of dry skin, you should add B vitamins in your daily diet because they are perfect vitamins for the dry skin. B vitamins are essential for your health and skin health. For example, vitamin B1 can boost circulation very well. Meanwhile, vitamin B3 can prevent acne perfectly. Vitamin B6 can stimulate the production of the enzyme, improve metabolism, and improve oxygen transport.
The risks of B vitamin deficiency:
- Lack of vitamin B12 will cause you older and lead to anemia.
- Vitamin B6 deficiency will cause rashes, cracks, depression, confusion, and anemia.
- You will have a higher risk of getting cracks and confusion if you lack vitamin B1 and vitamin B2.
- Meanwhile, you can get anemia, diarrhea if you do not get enough vitamin B9.
The good source of B vitamins:
- You can find vitamin B1 in raisins, nuts, egg yolks, whole grains, and cereals.
- Vitamin B3 appears in carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, etc.
- Vitamin B9 in citrus fruits, grains, meats.
- Vitamin B2 in dark green vegetables, eggs, and milk.
- Vitamin B6 in non-citrus fruit, potatoes, liver, poultry, and fish.
- VitaminB12 in dairy products, meat, vegetables, and more.
5. Vitamins for Dry Skin on Face & Body in Winter – Vitamin E
Probably, vitamin E is one of the most leading vitamins for the dry skin. The reason is that vitamin E is a good antioxidant that can eliminate free radicals in the body. The free radicals can be caused by the sun expose, pollution, and smoking and it is a factor that stimulates skin aging. As the consequence, vitamin E is a very important vitamin for health and skin. Furthermore, vitamin E can reduce lines, stretch marks, wrinkles, and age spots. Supplying vitamin E properly, your skin will be glow and smooth each day.
The risks of Vitamin E deficiency:
- Your hair, skin will be drier.
- You will get a higher risk of getting weakness, cramps.
- Your skin will appear age spots.
- Reduce sex drive.
The good source of vitamin E: To supply vitamin E, you cannot miss tofu, spinach, nuts, sunflower seeds, avocados, shellfish, fish, plant oils, broccoli, pumpkin, squash, peanuts, wheat germ, leafy greens, etc.
Recommended reading: How To Get A Glowing Skin
6. Vitamin K
Like other vitamins for dry skin, vitamin K is a great factor that can reduce dark circles as well as reduce dryness on your skin. Do you know that vitamin K plays a crucial role in the human body? This vitamin contributes to preventing blood clotting, treat bleeding, weak bones, reduce itching, and remove spider veins, scars, stretch marks, burns, and bruises.
The risks of vitamin K deficiency:
- Lack of vitamin K will cause bleeding, delay blood coagulation.
- Your bones will be weaker.
- You will easily get risks of osteoporosis, and weak bones.
The good source of vitamin K: you can eat herbs like dried basil, green leafy vegetables like cooked kale, salad vegetables such as scallions, spring onions, vegetables including cooked Brussels sprouts, hot spices, chili powder, okra, leeks, fennel, asparagus, pickles, cooked soybeans, olive oil, dried fruits like prunes, and so on. Vitamin K can be found in many foods and you should take advantage of those foods instead of taking supplements. Make sure to consult your doctor before getting any doses or drugs.
Learn more: Natural Home Remedies For Whitening Skin
7. Vitamins for Dry Skin in Winter – Vitamin D
Vitamin D is well-known in treating rickets, improving bones, healing bone pain, bone loss, and preventing low calcium, kidney failure. Vitamin D is also useful for treating blood vessels, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, muscle weakness, vitiligo, psoriasis, lupus vulgarism, actinic keratosis. The vitamin can moisturize your skin as well as balance the skin tissues and hydrate your skin perfectly. Vitamin D and skin have a close association because you will get easier chance to get diseases and condition due to adding less vitamin D.
The risks of vitamin D deficiency:
- You will get a higher risk of getting cardiovascular disease.
- The children will get asthma.
- Get a higher chance for skin cancer.
- You will get weak bones.
- Your immune system will be reduced.
- You also increase the risk of getting premature skin aging.
The good source of vitamin D: you should get sunlight in the morning and add vitamin D through daily diets with cod liver oil, tuna, sardines, eggs, milk, orange juice, oatmeal, cheese, eggnog, margarine, cereals, almond milk, etc.
So, vitamin D is one of the best vitamins for dry skin you should get intake into your body.
Read more: Natural Home Remedies For Tightening Skin
If you want to get more tips and tricks on skin care, you can visit our main Skin Care page to update. After viewing the writing about the top 7 minerals & vitamins for dry skin on the face & body in winter, I think that you have got the best and fullest information about essential minerals and vitamins for skin health. All of the vitamins and minerals have the capsule forms; however, adding those vitamins and minerals through the foods are the best way and safest ways to protect your health. To have any question, or you know other good vitamins for dry skin, you might leave it as a comment as below.