7. How To Get Water Out Of Your Ear – Olive Oil
As you may know, olive oil offers a lot of great advantages and one of these benefits is to facilitate the flow of water that trapped in your ear. In addition, olive oil may reduce the risk of ear infections thanks to its antiseptic properties.
According to a study published in the Health Technology Assessment (Winchester, England) in 2010, olive oil may be used to get rid of earwax buildup, which helps you to drain the fluid out of the clogged ear easily .
- Firstly, slightly boil a little olive oil and then put it in a small bowl
- Then, put some drops of the warm olive oil into your ear
- Now, wait for 10 minutes
- Finally, remove the olive oil and the water by a clean, soft earbud. Make sure to turn the head sideways before eliminating the oil
You may also put 1 to 3 drops of olive oil in your ears before going swimming so that it prevents water from being trapped in the ears.
- Firstly, mash 2 raw garlic cloves.
- Then, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Now, add them to a saucepan and heat it for a few seconds.
- After that, let it cool down.
- Now, use a dropper to add 2-3 drops of garlic oil to your affected ear and wait a few minutes.
- Finally, tilt the head to one side or lie down & see if the water runs out.
8. How To Get Water Out Of Your Ear – Valsalva Maneuver
Performing the Valsalva maneuver can be effective in helping to pop your ear to open your Eustachian tubes. This, in turn, helps to push water out of the ears.
- Firstly, pinch the nostrils closed with the fingers and then close your mouth
- Now, take a deep breath
- You should control the air pressure by slowly blowing air out of the nose
- You will hear a popping sound if you have done it correctly. This means that your Eustachian tubes are completely open again.
Note: You should not blow the nose too hard because it can cause damage to your eardrum.
9. How To Get Water Out Of Your Ear – Use Steam
Another tip on how to get water out of your ear may be steam. Like Valsalva maneuver, warm steam effectively helps to release water from the middle ear by opening the Eustachian tubes. You should try taking a hot bath or shower or having a mini sauna with one bowl filled with hot water.
- Firstly, take a large bowl to pour hot water into it
- Next, cover your head with a large towel
- Now, inhale the steam slowly for 5 to 10 minutes
- After that, tilt the head to one side, which helps the water get out of the ear
Another way to remove the fluid out of your ear is to take a hot shower. Sometimes steam from a shower can be good enough to loosen earwax and get water out of ear. A long shower can work wonders of getting the fluid out of the ear.
10. How To Get Water Out Of Your Ear – Decongestants
Before visiting your doctor, using a non-prescription decongestant or medication may also unblock the ear passage and let water get out of the ear to reduce ear pain. In some cases, you can lie down on the affected side to let water actually come out of the ear after you have taken the non-prescription decongestant. For medications to reduce ear infections, remember to use one sterilized eyedropper to add a few drops of this medication to your ear canal. Make sure to follow the directions on the label for a safe treatment.
Avoid using a Q-Tip or any other instrument, particularly something sharp, to move deep in the ear to get the water out or break up the earwax buildup. You may seriously damage the ear and potentially damage the hearing ability.
11. How To Get Water Out Of Your Ear – Chew Or Yawn
The way the jaw is moving when you chew will help to massage the ear canal. Therefore, if water gets into your ear, you can chew on anything, such as food, gum, yawn, or even make a swallowing or chewing motion to open your inner ear tubes by opening the Eustachian tubes. Tilt the affected ear down when you chew or yawn in order to encourage the water to drain out using gravity. You may also try pinching the nose when you make the yawning and chewing motions.
Depending on the reason for the fluid, earwax, pus, or blood buildup in your ear, you may need to do this process a lot before you notice results. Sometimes you won’t see any improvement without medication or other water removal tactics. In many cases, you will need to try a few different ways to drain fluid out of the ear, especially if it solidifies. Clogged ears may cause much discomfort and result in serious health problems, such as severe pain and hearing loss.
12. How To Get Water Out Of Your Ear – Garlic
Another effective way on how to get water out of your ear is to use garlic. In addition, the antibacterial properties present in garlic can help to relieve pain and prevent ear infections .
- Firstly, press a few cloves of garlic to extract its juice.
- Then, put 2 or 3 drops of garlic juice to your affected ear.
- After that, wait for a minute and then blow the ear dry by hold a blow dryer far away from 12 inches of your head.