IV. Natural Ways On How To Increase Breast Milk Production Fast After Delivery
1. Increase Calories Intake
You are said to consume at least 1,800 calories and 6 glasses of water per day while you are breastfeeding to ensure your health and the development of your baby. We all know that the foods we eat can significantly affect the milk production. Therefore, it is necessary to have a smart diet plan with enough calories for lactating mothers. Here are some tips to help them on how to increase breast milk production.
- Consume more calcium-rich foods as they play an essential role in the development of your baby’s bones. You can eat more green vegetables, sardines or salmon to provide enough amount of calcium your body needs.
- Consider more fruits and vegetables in lactating mother’s meals to give them enough fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Eat lean meat such as chicken breast, tofu, fish, etc.
2. Reduce Stress
A high level of stress makes your body produce little milk. The thing you need is to relax your body before breastfeeding by listening to music, reading books or doing anything you like. Also, you can put a warm compress on your breasts and massage them for several minutes before pumping to increase the breast milk production.
3. Feed Your Baby As Long As He Wants
If you feed your baby frequently and long enough, your breasts will be stimulated. The more you feed your baby, the more it boosts your breasts to produce milk. It is ideal to breastfeed your baby at least 8 times per day. Also, feeding him as his demand is also helpful on how to increase breast milk production.
4. Be Skin-To-Skin While Breastfeeding
While breastfeeding your baby, you should promote the skin-to-skin contact between your baby and you. This undressing way helps your baby feed longer. As a result, more breast milk will be produced during this process. You can follow the following steps:
- Firstly, you have to undress your baby, and then cover his back with a blanket to ensure that he will not get cold.
- Wear a shirt after taking off your bra
- Open the buttons on the front to skin-to-skin contact with your baby.
5. Offer Both Breasts While Feeding
Offering your baby both breasts while you are feeding is an effective way on how to increase breast milk production. You should switch to the other breast whenever your kid slows down. Doctors advised that it is better to turn again and offer each breast twice each feeding time. Also, feed your baby as long as possible until he falls asleep.