In our modern life, stress is no stranger to each of us. Every day, we have to face the worries and pressures from the continuous busy pace of life. Stress is not always a bad status that will harm our health. However, suffering from it for a long period will ruin your health by causing serious mental and physical disorders. Prolonged stress is not an illness and often ignored; however, it can gradually ruin your health without awareness. In this article, Effective Remedies will introduce to you 9 simple but effective home remedies for stress relief. All you need to do is spend some minutes to receive these helpful tips to help yourself and your acquaintances whenever they are under stress.
- Most effective home remedies for anxiety attacks relief – 100% natural
- Quick natural home remedies for depression
9 Best Natural Home Remedies For Stress Relief Revealed
I. What Is Stress?
Stress happens when your body naturally responds to any pressure or a factor. The brain reacts as it is in danger; releasing a chemical and hormone substances to activate your physical condition. This reaction leads to various symptoms such as changing blood circulation or cutting down body activities. Blood only runs to necessary organs and muscles, leading to the vast decrease in brain function and disable rational thinking.
II. Causes Of Stress
There are countless reasons why stress has the opportunity to appear in modern life. However, there have four main causes of stress, including physical factors, self-pressure and worries, uncomfortable surroundings, and overloaded work. The prolonged stressful condition can lead to serious illness, especially psychological problems such as depression and mental disorders. In the next part, you will be introduced some home remedies for stress relief and how to apply them effectively.
III. 6 Best Natural Home Remedies For Stress Relief
1. Breath Exercise
The first home remedies for stress I would like to mention about is to use the breath exercise. This method will help you to elevate your mood, relax your muscles, and reduce stress. When using properly, it is the most useful remedies for you to relax on a stressful day. Deeply breathing can help you refresh your mind by stimulating the nervous system. By inhaling deeply and slowly, you take in more oxygen to merge in blood flow. Your brain will calm down and re-connect with the body. Shallow breathing is one of the reasons that make you feel less concentrating and nervous. Let’s put all the negative things and troubles aside and start our breath exercise.
How to do:
- Sit with a straight back, or lie down in a comfortable position.
- Take a deep breath through the nose and then hold the breath for about 5 seconds.
- If you take 5 seconds to inhale, it takes 8 seconds to breathe out.
- Repeat the process until you feel better than before.
Note: Remember to breathe from the abdomen instead of the chest. Make sure your stomach grows as you inhaling. When doing this exercise, just focus on your breath and forget about everything else. Home remedies for stress
2. Home Remedies For Stress With Epsom Salt
Another useful home remedies for stress is to bathe with Epsom salt. This method will help relieve stress, improve sleep quality, and relax your tensed muscle. As you may know, stress results in body’s lack of magnesium that increases the levels of adrenaline and causes muscle tenderness. When dissolved in warm water, Epsom salts will be absorbed through the skin and supply the needed magnesium to the body. Therefore, bathing with Epson salt will reduce muscles soreness and tenderness and help them to re-function properly.
How to do:
- Add 1 cups of Epsom salt in the bathtub.
- Soak the body for about 20 minutes, 2 – 3 times a week.
- Optional: Aroma is also a helpful supporter of your relaxing process. You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to maximize the result.
3. Home Remedies For Stress With Chamomile Tea
At times, the pressure and uneasiness from stress may cause sleep deprivation. Chamomile tea is one of the good home remedies for stress which can decrease tiredness and nervousness, as well as help to treat the sleep disorders owing to its awesome advantages in easing the tensed muscles and decreasing fractiousness. Chamomile tea has the calming effect, and elevates your mood in instances of apprehension or uneasiness . Researchers have demonstrated that chamomile contains substances that act in similar brain parts and nervous system with anti-anxiety medications. (However, it is not recommendable to quit taking your current prescription without counseling your doctor). Chamomile’s calming and muscle-unwinding impacts can enable the patients, who experience the symptom of the sleeping disorder, to fall asleep faster. Chamomile has been demonstrated to diminish the time it takes to be asleep. Take a cup of chamomile tea around the bedtime for a healthy sleep or relaxation.
How to do
- Drink about 4 cups per day for best result. To brew the tea, take two teaspoons of dried chamomile to the boiling water. Leave it for 10 minutes. Add honey (optional) to enhance the taste.
- Both chamomile flowers and its extracted oil have the calming effect. Therefore, you can add fresh chamomile flower or chamomile essential oil to your bath as Epsom salt remedy.
4. Home Remedies For Stress With Massage Therapy
Suffering from stress for a long time can detrimentally affect the body. As one of the home remedies for stress, massage therapy will encourage your blood circulation, easing your mind and relaxing your muscle, therefore, reducing your stress condition. The massaging therapy has the benefit of elevating your mood, which is suffering from pressure. The massage therapy will move your concern away from current troubles and pressures. Therefore, it relaxes your body and mind. The massage therapy can additionally make you feel that you are actively controlling your wellness and assuming a dynamic part in overseeing ceaseless diseases. Among home remedies for stress, the advantage of the massage therapy is to reduce the muscular tension. Through the despondency towards stress, the muscles tense up, resulting in the body uneasiness. This body reaction leads to some remarkable symptoms such as headaches, back pain, neck pains, etc. The massage therapies were shown to help assuage your muscle strain. Owing to its various techniques as rubbing, stroking, stretching or applying weight to the muscles, massaging your muscles can enable them to come back to its normal state, thus, diminishes your muscle aches. Some massage therapies are performed in a quiet and faintly lit room while the others have delicate music background and candles or incense. Therefore, you should thoroughly look up before applying any massage therapy for the best result. In this article, we would like to recommend you a simple yet effective one.
How to do:
- Prepare your favorite oil and slightly warm it.
- The position of the massage process starts from your forehead to the neck, down to shoulders, your back, and finally, the bottom of your feet.
- After that, you should take a bath. Do you remember the bath therapies we have shared above?
- Please apply the massage therapy daily for the best result.
5. Home Remedies For Stress With Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha, otherwise called Withania somnifera or Indian ginseng, is a gainful herb in treating stress. It is extremely well known for the capacity of treating stress and illness. It likewise increases body’s natural endurance and digestion without any side effect. Ashwagandha root is found being powerful in lessening pressure and nervousness in adults by cutting down the level of cortisol, a hormone released by body’s reaction to stress . Moreover, Ashwagandha also protects your health by enhancing the stress resistance level. Likewise, Ashwagandha fortifies the nervous system and gives you essential energy to battle against exhaustion and sleep deprivation. This herb is easily accessible in the market in various products such as fresh or dried root, powder, and medical supplement.
One of the most convenient usages is to add 1 to 2 grams of Ashwagandha to a cup of boiling water or milk. Use it three times a day, and you will realize your fatigue is gradually wearing out. However, if you want to take Ashwagandha as the main medical supplement, you should consult your doctor for an appropriate dose.
Note: Children, pregnant women, or those who are having diabetics and hypertension should not apply this remedy.
6. Home Remedies For Stress With Holy Basil
Holy Basil is a familiar Ayurvedic herb that has been famous for stress curing and health promoting capacity. The fundamental phytochemicals shown in Tulsi are acids and organic substances such as oleanolic acid, rosmarinic acid, ursolic acid, eugenol, linalool, carvacrol, germacrene, and elemene. These chemicals are powerful in curing stress for its antibacterial, antioxidant, and antiviral action. Moreover, it also reinforces the immunity. Tulsi is one of the most well-known herbs contains adaptogen – the key factor in treating stress-related diseases . Adaptogenic herbs, such as basil, can improve the body's common reaction to stress, both physical and emotional one. Thus, it enables the body to work appropriately at the time under pressure. Holy Basil was demonstrated to secure against body changes caused by long-term stress. You can directly chew 10 to 12 leaves twice a day, or make Basil tea base on the following instruction:
- Add basil to a boiling water pot and leave it for around 5 minutes.
- Filter it and add some honey (optional). Enjoy your tea!
IV. Diet Advice For Stress Management
Besides home remedies for stress relief, having a healthy diet, which not only suits your taste but also supplies your body with a lot of nutrients and minerals, is another way to manage your stress and avoid its reoccurring. Let’s find out whether you’re eating an anti-stress diet or not!
1. Break Your Meal In Small Part Throughout The Day
Receiving nutrients for the whole day will minimize the change in the level of your energy. Therefore, keep your body in a stable statement. Moreover, do not forget to eat your breakfast even though you are not hungry. Having breakfast is a way to start your digesting system for a day and to supply the essential energy for the whole morning. For stress sufferers, eating breakfast will help balance the sugar level in blood, which will ease tiredness and stress. Standard breakfast for managing stress will contain fruits or products from fruits such as juice or jam; whole-grain cereal is another good choice, too.
2. Pay Attention To Your Dishes
You should consider adding vitamins B, vitamin C, and magnesium to your diet.
- Vitamins B can give you a sense of energetic statement, which can lift your mood during a long stressful day. Vitamins B are mostly present in bananas, avocados, seeds, nuts, leafy green vegetables, fish, meat, and dairy products.
- Vitamin C is the common supply for those who are in the recovery process. It also plays an important part in your adrenal glands and relates to stress hormone production. Look for citrus fruits, leafy green vegetables, and broccoli for rich vitamin C supplement.
- Magnesium is a helpful substance in relaxing the muscle and reducing nervousness. Look for nuts, such as Brazil nuts, peanuts, or hazelnuts; whole grains, such as oats, beans, brown rice; and leafy green vegetables for rich magnesium sources. Epsom salt is also a rich magnesium supplement because your skin can absorb the magnesium contained in Epsom salt through bathing .
3. Avoid Negative Substance
Caffeine, alcohol, salt, sugar, and nicotine are substances that should be cut down in your daily intakes for stress management.
Caffeine, although believed to keep your brain awake and active, also brings to stress and tiredness, which is harmful to your body by high intake qualities. Therefore, try your best to avoid caffeine foods such as coffee, soft drinks, tea, chocolate and replacing them with water, juice, or these herbal teas mentioned above. If you are suffering from sleep deprivation, you should also keep away from caffeine after lunchtime because caffeine can stay for more than 6 hours before getting out of your body.
Beverage, sugar, salt, and nicotine consumption go against our healthy diet because it will impede your body from absorbing nutrients.
These are 9 best natural home remedies for stress relief and noticing diet points you should pay attention during and after the treatment. These home remedies will help ease your stress and stress-related symptoms, which will help you to improve both of your mental and physical conditions. If you are suffering from stress, please do not neglect it and continue your old lifestyle. Change some bad habits or follow some of the tips we have recommended. It will help you ease your burdens and avoid serious dangers resulted from prolonged stress. Thank you for reading and remember to follow the page Home Remedies frequently to learn more other amazing remedies. If you have any question or comment, please let us know in the comment box below.