11. Garlic For Sinus Infection With Honey
Honey is naturally antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral which aid in clearing the sinus causing bacteria. Besides, honey also helps to decrease inflammation and soothe the throat in order to lower soreness and coughing. Along with that, it also boosts the immune system to combat bacteria causing the sinus infection. Here are simple instructions on how to use garlic for sinus infection treatment:
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey
- A blender
- Firstly, you add garlic cloves in the blender.
- Then, you add honey to this and blend them to make a fine paste.
- Finally, you have this mixture before your meals to relieve the sinus infection.
- You have to follow the same method regularly to get relief from this problem completely.
12. Sea Salt, Olive Oil And Garlic For Sinus Infection
Salt helps you breathe better and remove a sinus infection. According to the Pediatric Oncology Resource Center, the salt makes an alkalizing environment killing bacteria. Olive oil can help to remove the infection causing impurities. Follow the steps below to know how to use garlic for sinus infection:
- 2 raw Garlic cloves
- A few drops of olive oil
- A dash of sea salt
- At first, you crush these raw garlic cloves after peeling off its skin.
- Then, you add sea salt and olive oil into it.
- Now, you stir them well.
- Finally, you have this mixture immediately.
- Or, you may also grind these garlic cloves to make a fine paste and use it in place of the crushed clove to treat this problem completely.
- You should have this garlic with the daily food regularly to reduce the healing time.
13. Water, Salt And Garlic For Sinus Infection
The combination of garlic, water, and salt is another effective method on how to use garlic for sinus infection that you should not pass! Here is the recipe to use garlic for sinus infection:
- A few garlic cloves
- 2 quarts of water
- A pinch of salt
- Firstly, you take these garlic cloves and peel off its skin.
- Next, you cut them into small cubes and then add these garlic pieces to water.
- Then, you place this water on the flame over medium-low heat.
- Now, you let it boil for about one hour without disturbing it.
- Next, you strain this water into a clean glass or bowl.
- After that, you add salt to this and stir them well.
- Finally, you sip this water to relieve a cold, headache, and other symptoms of this sinus infection.
14. Bread Spread & Garlic For Sinus Infection
Here are easy guides on how to use garlic for sinus infection:
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- Bread spread such as butter or mayonnaise
- At first, you take these garlic cloves and mince them off properly.
- Then, you add this minced garlic into your bread spread.
- After that, you spread it evenly on this bread.
- Finally, you have this bread to treat a sinus infection.
- You should repeat this way regularly.
15. Garlic For Sinus Infection In Children
A sinus infection will also affect to your children by blocking the sinus and nasal passages. Nevertheless, this infection is lower in children when it is compared with adults. A headache, trouble breathing, cold, cough, pain around the eyes, etc. are some symptoms that they have to face with this infection. If you do not treat this problem for your children timely, it will lead to many health problems.
Therefore, one of the useful ways that are extensively used in clearing out the sinusitis is to use garlic. Here are a few ways on how to use garlic for sinus infection that you should not skip.
Way 1: Garlic Steam inhalation
- A garlic clove
- A few drops of tea tree oil
- A few drops of eucalyptus oil
- Hot water
- A towel
- A large bowl
- At first, you pour hot water into the large bowl.
- Then, you add the crushed garlic clove, eucalyptus oil, and tea tree oil in this bowl.
- Next, you stir them gently and cover the head of your child and bowl with a towel.
- Finally, your child will inhale the steam deeply. However, make sure that your child does not put over pressure when inhaling the steam because it may cause some nasal problems.
- You should repeat this garlic steaming process for your children regularly for 2 to 3 times per day to cure the sinus infection and its symptoms completely.
Way 2: Fresh Garlic For Sinus Infection
- 1 to 2 fresh garlic cloves
- At first, you take these raw, fresh garlic cloves.
- Then, you give them to your child to chew them by biting them to get its juice.
- Or, you may also add the crushed garlic cloves to the soup and give it to your child to treat this problem.
- Or, your children may also use garlic pills after you consult the doctor to treat this infection.
- You have to continue doing this process for your children regularly until they clear out this infection.
16. Garlic For Sinus Infection With Pill Or Capsule Form
People who cannot tolerate the strong garlic smell, they can take odorless garlic gel capsules that are made from garlic extract. This can help to alleviate the sinusitis, cardiovascular problems, and respiratory ailments. However, be sure that the capsules are purchased from the reputed vendor.
The recommended dosage of the garlic pills is two capsules a day on the daily basis until you clear out this problem completely. If possible, you should use raw garlic cloves to prevent sinus infection rather than pills or capsules.
Tips And Precautions Of Using Garlic For Sinus Infection:
Here are a few effective tips and precautions that help you in keeping this infection at bay.
- You should include garlic cloves in your daily diet to improve the flow of mucus in the nasal passage that in turn gives you relief from the sinusitis.
- Raw garlic gives the best results in curing the sinus infection. However, you may also use garlic powder, garlic paste, garlic juice, or capsules in your diet to treat this problem.
- Remember that you have to check whether you are allergic to garlic or not before using garlic for sinus infection at home. If you have any allergic reaction, it is better for you to stop taking this garlic and then consult your doctor for curing sinus infection.
- However, you have to avoid the overtaking of this garlic to prevent some adverse effects such as burning sensation, bad breath, skin rash, breathing problems, allergic reaction, stomach or intestinal problems, internal bleeding, etc. Therefore, you should consult your herbalist to know the suggested dosage depending on your health condition.
- Make sure that if anything went wrong for treating the sinus infection, you have to consult your doctor immediately.
All these garlic treatments are safe without any adverse effects. You may choose the best one that suits for your health condition and continues using this method regularly without any failure. In addition, you should also have plenty of water, hot foods, and warm soups to get relief from this infection completely.
If you want to know more foods for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Super Foods page. After reading the article about the article of 17 useful ways on how to use garlic for sinus infection treatment, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of sinus infection fast and easily at home. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get some advice before applying any natural way. If you have any question, or you know other ways on how to use garlic for sinus infection, please leave them below.