A sinus infection can make you dull and reduce your daily activities because it affects your ability to do these things. Sinusitis or sinus infection can result from the sinuses that are small cavities in the skull filled with air. In general, this sinus will produce the mucus and remove it from the body that helps to keep your nasal passage free from bacteria, dust particles, allergies, and other pollutants to avoid the damage caused by the upper respiratory system.
This is an inflammation of these tissues that line these cavities and the infection can occur mostly by bacterial infections. If the sinus is blocked, the passage of air will be blocked and this will lead to fungus infection.
Generally, there are 2 kinds of sinusitis, chronic sinusitis (lasts for 1 year or more) and acute sinusitis (lasts for 5 to 6 weeks). People have to experience pain as well as pressure while suffering from a sinus infection because this swelling will block the sinuses trapping the mucus and air inside it.
Allergies, thick discolored mucus, congestion, pain, headache, cold, facial pressure, etc. are some symptoms of this infection. There are a lot of natural home remedies that are widely used to cure this infection. However, here you are going to know about garlic, its properties as well as methods to treat a sinus infection.
Garlic  is an available and simple home remedy that will make you save money and time on treating a sinus infection. Garlic is white in color and has a pungent smelling that contains many benefits for beauty and health. Plus, you can also try this home treatment at any time without waiting for the appointment with your doctor to get relief from a sinus infection. Here are excellent solutions for people who are suffering from the blocked sinuses.
In this article, Effectiveremedies.com will show you 17 best ways on how to use garlic for sinus infection treatment without any side effect. This article listed the best methods that use garlic along with some other natural ingredients to treat a sinus infection effectively at home from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on how to use garlic for sinus infection.
- Natural home remedies for sinus infection symptoms relief
- Natural home remedies for sinus pressure relief
- DIY homemade natural decongestant recipes
Can Garlic Help To Treat A Sinus Infection?
Here are a few its effective properties that assist you in getting a clear idea how these garlic cloves are used to treat this sinus infection.
- Garlic has some certain chemicals that aid in destroying the bacteria, fungal or viral infections. It is widely used to clear this bacterial infection by killing it and thus treats the infection.
- Garlic is a natural antibiotic, which can help to kill the bad bacteria as well as protect the good bacteria. However, make sure that you must use raw and crushed garlic clove because when you crush the raw clove, the antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial component known as allicin will be activated. It is essential for treating the sinus infection and its symptoms.
- It has expectorant and decongestant properties that help you to prevent flu and cold, which are considered as common symptoms of a sinus infection.
- It contains allin, scordinin (the derivative of the sulfur compound called allicin) along with other active components that give you many curative properties to fight the fungi and bacteria causing a sinus infection.
- It has vitamin C, flu busting components, several enzymes, and minerals such as selenium, sulfur, etc. that help to treat a sinus infection by boosting your immune system to fight the infection.
- It contains therapeutic properties that are attributed to its active ingredients present in garlic to treat the infection.
- Regular intake of garlic can help you to reduce the inflammatory symptoms, strengthen your immune system, which finally aids in clearing the infection without any adverse effects.
- Scordinin in this garlic can help to boost up your immune system and inhibit the growth of abnormal cells for proper functioning and then get rid of a sinus infection.
Although there is no clearly defined data about how much garlic clove to be taken for curing sinusitis, it would be better for you to take 3 to 5 garlic cloves every day for not less than ten days. So, here are a few methods that explain you on how to use garlic for sinus infection at home. The only thing you must do is to follow the methods below regularly without any interruption.
17 Best Ways On How To Use Garlic For Sinus Infection Treatment
1. Garlic For Sinus Infection With Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar  possesses many vitamins like B1, B2, A, and E as well as minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium, all of which help clear sinus cavities and decrease allergy symptoms. When taken orally, apple cider vinegar comes with high pH levels breaking up mucus and clearing airways, thereby ridding sinus infection. Besides, apple cider vinegar consists of natural antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal agents and is also an immune system booster, which quickly clears sinuses. Moreover, thanks to its antiseptic properties, apple cider vinegar clears mucus and combats against sinus infection. Last but not least, it balances the acidic and alkaline levels in your body and alleviates sinus pain. Here’s the recipe that shows you the way to use apple cider vinegar and garlic for sinus infection:
- 2 cups of water
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Take a large bowl at first and add 2 cups of water. Then, boil it and remove the flame.
- Now, crush four garlic cloves and add it to that water. After that, add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Finally, inhale this vapor and steam.
2. Garlic Steam
According to Drugs.com, garlic is used to flavor and season foods, but it also contains medicinal uses. Additionally, it has been commonly used to prevent cancer, increase immune system effectiveness, protect the liver, kill harmful bacteria and reduce cholesterol as well. The website of Natural Health Remedies for You suggests taking about 250 – 500 milligrams of garlic in the form of a supplement to treat a sinus infection. Prior to using a garlic supplement, you need to talk with your doctor. Here are step-by -step guides on how to use garlic for sinus infection at home:
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves
- A pot
- A towel
- At first, you place the pot on the stove or heat.
- Then, you pour water into it and let it boil for a few minutes.
- When it reaches boiling, you add the properly crushed garlic cloves into this boiling water.
- After that, you put off the heat or flame and take the clean towel.
- Now, you cover your head and the pot in such way that there will be a 2- to 4-inch gap between your head and the pot.
- You gave to make sure that you cover it correctly so that the steam cannot escape from it.
- Finally, you inhale the steam deeply and slowly to get relief from the sinusitis instantly.
- This steaming process will help to thin the mucus as well as clear it to treat infection and its symptoms.
- You should repeat the same way regularly (especially at night to get better sleep).
3. Raw Garlic For Sinus Infection
Garlic is regarded as one of the most important and potent medicinal herbs and superfoods. It is used commonly for multiple ailments including sinus infection. To use garlic for sinus infection, what you need to do:
- A few garlic cloves
- Firstly, you take these garlic cloves and peel off the skin.
- Then, you place them into your mouth and chew them.
- Finally, you swallow them completely.
- You should continue eating these garlic cloves as often as possible in order to cure stuffiness and the discomfort that are caused by it.
- Ensure that you do not try this way with your empty stomach.
- Or, you may simply eat soups, pizzas, and garlic bread, or use it in curries, salads, etc. to cure sinusitis.
- Daily consumption of these garlic cloves in any form will definitely help you in curing sinus infection.
4. Garlic Inhaler
Here are simple directions on how to use garlic for sinus infection at home:
- 4 to 6 raw garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of water
- At first, you place the raw garlic cloves in water.
- Then, you let it soak for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- After that, you remove them from water and crush them to make a fine garlic paste.
- Next, you take this paste and then keep it close to your nose and start inhaling deeply.
- In most of the time, when you are suffering from a sinus infection, your nose is blocked. You have to inhale deeply to get the garlic odor into your nose and thereby to reduce the infection.
- Or, you may also try to inhale this odor coming out of the garlic paste, which will loosen the mucus as well as make you breathe comfortably.
- You should continue doing this method regularly to treat a sinus infection completely.
5. Garlic For Sinus Infection With Olive Oil, And Honey
The combination of garlic, olive oil, and honey is another useful way on how to use garlic for sinus infection that you should try! Olive oil contains antioxidants and monounsaturated fatty acids, which provide many health benefits. According to an article in 2011 in “Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine,” the ability honey to combat bacteria may be associated with its acidic pH, enzymes and high sugar content in some types of honey producing hydrogen peroxide. Honey is naturally antiviral, antiseptic, and antibacterial which help to get rid of the sinus causing bacteria. Moreover, it promotes the immune system to combat bacteria causing a sinus infection. Honey also soothes the throat to decrease soreness and coughing. Here’s how to use garlic for sinus infection:
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- A little olive oil
- A little honey
- Firstly, you take the fresh garlic cloves and then crush them finely.
- Next, you keep it aside for about 15 to 20 minutes so that this allicin enzyme can be activated.
- Then, you add olive oil and honey into it.
- Now, you top a slice of either cracker or bread in this.
- Finally, you have it to get rid of a sinus infection.
- You should consume it regularly to clear out the sinus infection, flu, and cold.