- I. All About Coconut Oil
- II. Is Coconut Oil Good For Hair Growth?
- III. Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
- IV. Uses Of Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
- 1. Coconut Oil & Lemon Juice
- 2. Coconut Oil & Avocado
- 3. Coconut Oil & Honey
- 4. Coconut Oil & Indian Gooseberry
- 5. Coconut Oil & Shampoo
- V. Precautions
Coconut is the source of oil, food, coconut milk, coconut water, and medicine. This natural product comes from Asian and South American, and now it is present everywhere in the world. If you are looking for a perfect solution for natural hair growth, coconut oil is for you. It is considered as “superfood” because of the variety of benefits in improving health, making beauty or even motivating the growth of hair. In this article, Effective Remedies will show you the amazing benefits and uses of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness. We hope that the information will help you understand more about coconut oil and have the hair as you wish.
- How to grow thick hair fast & naturally at home
- Natural home remedies for hair growth and strength fast
7 Best Uses Of Coconut Oil For Hair Growth & Thickness – Benefits & Precautions
I. All About Coconut Oil
As its name, this oil is extracted from coconuts. To convert them from solid to liquid, we need to have the temperature. Coconut oil is rich in saturated fats. It means that people should be cautious when using this oil because if you consume it in the large amount, it will increase LDL cholesterol that leads to heart disease. However, it also has lauric acid that plays an important part in increasing HDL cholesterol – a type of good cholesterol . Therefore, it is better to use the moderate amount of coconut oil. Apart from hair care, coconut oil is also known as a helpful solution to losing belly fat, making beauty and improving health. Many South Asians consider it as a main ingredient in their diet.
II. Is Coconut Oil Good For Hair Growth?
All internal and external agents such as pollution, sun damage, issues inside the body cause negative impacts on hair growth, make your hair become weak or even lead to hair loss. When we have to deal with these issues, we often look for brands advertised on social media. However, these products contain many chemicals that may make your hair condition worse, and they are quite expensive. In fact, there is nothing that can replace natural products and coconut oil is one of the best natural gifts in nourishing the hair. Coconut oil is the plentiful source of nutrients that are good for not only the body but also the scalp . It has minerals, fats, iron, and potassium, helping make the hair strong and healthy. Besides, it is also a good way to preventing itching from the scalp due to antioxidants and antifungal elements.
III. Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair Growth And Thickness
Coconut oil is an indispensable ingredient if you want the hair to grow naturally and below are key benefits of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness:
- Coconut oil is better than mineral oil and sunflower oil in keeping protein in the hair . If your hair does not have enough protein, it will become weak, brittle and dry. Besides, the extreme shortage of protein can result in hair loss
- It contains acids like capric, linoleic and lauric that help moisturize the hair, strengthen hair roots and make your hair more elastic
- It also has nutrients such as vitamin E, K, and antioxidants . These contribute to the nourishment of the hair, help the hair softer, thicker and shinier
- Coconut oil accelerates hair growth by going into the hair follicles and providing moisture for the hair and scalp
- When you massage your scalp gently with coconut oil to ensure all locks and the scalp get enough nutrients, you also help improve blood circulation
IV. Uses Of Coconut Oil For Hair Growth And Thickness
1. Lemon Juice & Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Vitamin C in lemon has the benefits of detoxifying the scalp. It helps remove dandruff, clean excess oil, and lighten the hair. The combination of coconut oil and lemon juice will stimulate hair growth, prevent the hair from becoming grey, make hair soft, etc. Using two ingredients is not difficult. You need to follow these directions:
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- Mix coconut oil with lemon juice in the ratio 2:1
- Apply this mixture on the scalp and massage gently
- Comb the hair and leave it for 2 hours or overnight
- After all, wash it off with the mild shampoo
You can also replace lemon juice with olive oil, almond oil or castor oil if you feel your hair irritated because of acids in lemon.
2. Avocado & Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Apart from being a delicious and nutritious fruit, avocado is also the terrific treatment for skin and hair. The avocado is rich in vitamins A, E, and B-5, biotin, minerals, antioxidants, and crucial fatty acids that your hair requires for the growth. At the same time, treating the hair with avocado helps to moisturize, repair, and strengthen your hair, and minerals in this fruit were proved to be the effective substances in preventing the hair from breaking.
- Firstly, you need to warm the moderate amount of coconut oil
- Secondly, mix it with a half of ripe avocado to make a puree. You can use a blender or manually mash them with a spoon
- Thirdly, apply this mixture to your hair and massage about 5 minutes
- Finally, keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with shampoo
- You can do this treatment three times a week to get the best results
3. Honey & Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
The benefits of coconut oil and honey can make incredible differences in keeping the hair strong and healthy. Similar to coconut oil, honey is the rich source of antioxidant properties that restrain the hair from the damage and keep your hair healthy. Besides, it is an excellent emollient. That provides moisture for your hair and decreases the breakage – one of the reasons lead to the slow growth of hair. One dominant characteristic of honey is that it has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. These substances can eliminate scalp infection and other conditions like eczema, psoriasis and dandruff. Apart from these benefits, honey also cleans and strengthens your hair follicles, simultaneously stimulates the hair to grow from inactive follicles.
- Firstly, make the equal mixture of coconut oil and honey
- Then, liquefy them by heating up by your microwave or stove about 1 minutes
- After that, massage the scalp and hair with this mixture and stay it for the maximum of 40 minutes
- Finally, wash it off with the mild shampoo
- Repeat the process two times a week
- If you want to get more benefits, you can mix the mixture with some drops of peppermint or lemon juice
4. Indian Gooseberry & Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Indian gooseberry or Amla is the sacred tree in Indian because of the variety of benefits in curing diseases. It has the high content of vitamin C, minerals and vitamins like iron, phosphorus, calcium, and carotene. Along with this, Amla is also a strong antioxidant substance.
Regarding nourishing the hair, both coconut oil and Indian gooseberry have the same benefits such as providing essential nutrients to the hair, preventing hair from falling and becoming grey, removing dandruff, and treating scalp infections. Therefore, this combination of two natural products will bring amazing results for the growth of hair.
- Firstly, melt two tablespoons of coconut oil and stir with one tablespoon of dried gooseberry
- Then, boil in 5 minutes and wait for it to cool down
- After that, apply the mixture to your scalp and keep it over the night
- In the next morning, rinse it off with natural shampoo
- You should do it twice a week
5. Shampoo & Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Along with using natural products, you can also mix coconut oil with your favorite shampoo to stimulate the hair, scalp, and the follicles and reduce hair loss. This way is very simple.
- Mix the same sizes of coconut oil and your regular shampoo
- Apply it on your scalp and hair and keep it a few minutes. It will help the hair absorb all the nutrients of coconut oil
- Finally, rinse the hair carefully to prevent clogging the pores because of coconut oil
6. Conditioner & Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
Not just with shampoo, the combination of coconut oil and conditioner brings the substantial benefits of making your hair shinier and softer.
- You need four tablespoons of your favorite conditioner and three tablespoons of coconut oil and combine them together
- Apply this mixture to your hair and relax
- With this combination, use it like your regular conditioner
7. Only Use Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
If you do not have much time to take care of your hair or do not have enough necessary ingredients, only using coconut oil also makes substantial impacts on hair growth and thickness.
- Firstly, convert coconut oil into liquid form by heating it up
- Secondly, wash your hair with lukewarm water
- Then, apply it to your scalp and massage gently to stimulate blood circulation
- After that, comb your hair, and you can leave it overnight
- Finally, rinse it off in the next morning with warm water and completely natural shampoo
You cannot need the conditioner anymore because coconut oil has the same benefits.
V. Precautions When Using Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
In the process of using coconut oil for hair growth and thickness, you should avoid overdoing it. Virgin coconut oil is a quite heavy substance, and just the small amount of it can bring good results. Even the lighter oils make your hair look greasy if you consume too much. However, you always can add more if your hair is damaged heavily, but in the limited amount. If you wash your hair every day, the oily accumulation is not an issue. On the contrary, you only shampoo a few days a week; you may feel stress in eliminating excess oil.
Above is the list of benefits and most popular uses of coconut oil for hair growth and thickness. Coconut oil is the type of oil containing many nutrients. Therefore, it has many different benefits in improving health and making beauty. Nevertheless, it also has side effects if we overuse it. By posting this article, we hope that you will find useful information in taking care of your hair, especially using coconut oil. If you want to learn more about the natural remedies for other hair health conditions, please visit our DIY Recipes page and do not forget to leave your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.