Everyone desire for lustrous and long hair, but our urban lifestyle, hormonal changes, unhealthy food habits, hectic schedules, and other environmental factors can leave our hair brittle and dull at times. Plus, the problems of hair loss and thinning hair can make some people feel upset. However, you need not worry since numerous natural remedies can help to nourish your hair while encouraging new growth. One of such natural ways is using hair masks. That is why we are here to share with you the best DIY hair mask for hair growth and thickness, that is 100% natural and safe. Keep reading to know more!
- Top 40 most effective treatments for hair growth and strength
- Top 30 simple tips to help grow hair fast at home
The Best DIY Hair Mask For Hair Growth And Thickness You Should Follow
I. Ingredients Used To Do This Mask
You can prepare your hair mask for hair growth with ingredients such as olive oil, eggs, yogurt, and lemon juice. The following is some of the benefits of the whole ingredient in this DIY recipe.
Eggs are excellent for filling in keratin gaps in your hair shafts since they are full of fatty acids and proteins. Along with that, they are abundant in essential minerals such as vitamin E, zinc, iron, sulfur, and phosphorus, which help to boost hair growth. Adding egg conditioning to your hair care routine can help you keep strong hair that is essential for hair growth.
2. Olive Oil
Daily consumption of olive oil is useful for preventing the production of DTH (dihydrotestosterone) which in turn restrict hair fall because an increase in DHT is one of the leading causes of hair loss. It also exhibits antimicrobial properties that fight with bacteria or fungus, causing scalp infections such as itching, clogged follicles, and dandruff that are some of the main reasons for hair loss. It can also help combat free radicals thanks to its antioxidants. They also help support scalp health and decrease the damage caused due to harsh chemicals present in hair products. Furthermore, it aids in locking the moisture in the hair shaft, lowering frizz, preventing dryness, and making the hair more manageable. Last but not least, the conditioning properties found in it can prevent your hair from breakage.
Lemon is a powerhouse of vitamin C, calcium, flavonoids, and magnesium, making it great for healthy skin, hair, and body. Its vitamin C helps to make your hair longer and stronger. It also possesses a compound called limonene that imparts shine to dry and frizzy hair. It also helps to kill the fungus, causing dandruff and provide relief from other scalp infections owing to its antifungal property. Moreover, the acidic property in it gently fades away dead cells, accumulated dust, and other unwanted deposits from your hair and scalp.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
Yogurt is a great hair care ingredient. Also, it is packed with fatty acids and vitamins, which are essential for hair health. It contains antifungal properties that help to soothe your scalp, thereby removing dandruff. It can control hair fall by decreasing the clogging of follicles and improving scalp health. Its cooling effect is useful for soothing an aggravated scalp.
II. How To Do
Things You Need
- Eggs – 1
- Olive oil – one teaspoon
- Lemon juice – one tablespoon
- Plain yogurt – two teaspoons
What To Do
Break open an egg into a bowl and add the plain yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil to it. Whip the ingredients with a hand blender to achieve a smooth paste. Apply this mask evenly on your scalp and hair. Wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it out. Shampoo your hair as normal. Use this mask once per week to enhance healthy hair growth and offer your hair a keratin boost.
III. Must-Know Tips & Precautions
- A hot oil massage thrice a week is perfect for improving blood circulation, removing dead skin flakes and enhancing hair growth.
- Consume plenty of water to remove the toxins and keep the scalp hydrated.
- Wear a hat or scarf to guard your hair against the sun rays and dust.
- Dilute sage oil in ACV (apple cider vinegar). Apply it on your scalp and after 2 hours, rinse it off.
- After shampooing, use diluted apple cider vinegar to rinse your hair. It assists in encouraging hair growth and maintaining the pH balance.
- Don’t wash your hair with hot water because it makes your hair rough and dry.
- Avoid ironing, blow drying along with other hair style products and using hair care products with paraben, silicon, or other harmful chemicals.
- Combing thrice a day helps to stimulate hair follicles, improve blood circulation, and accelerate new hair growth naturally.
- Changes in your body and hormonal imbalance can cause hair loss. So, exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet.
- Refrain from tying up your hair tightly.
- Trimming your hair once every three months helps to encourage hair growth and prevent split ends.
Try the above hair mask to keep your hair healthier and stronger. Do you know other ways to make a natural DIY hair mask for hair growth that is easy to do at home? Share your experience and queries in the comment section below.