Have you ever wondered why your skin is drier than the other’s? Actually, you might get the dry skin because of the weather, the lifestyle, and other factors such as the aging process or some skin conditions. There are many products that can help you cure flaky dry skin, but you should try using natural treatments first. The reason is that they are cheap, safe, and really convenient to do at home. In this writing, Effectiveremedies.com will show you top 35 tips how to treat dry skin on face & body naturally at home. Hopefully, you read the article and get some useful ways to get the smooth and clear skin fast and easily.
How To Treat Dry Skin On Face & Body Naturally At Home – 35 Solutions
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil has healthy fatty acids and important antioxidants that are very useful for dry skin. The ingredient can treat and soothe the dry skin condition over the body. Here are some options you can choose:
- Take some extra virgin olive oil on dry skin.
- Massage lightly and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Combine some brown sugar with olive oil.
- Rub the mixture on the affected skin and massage it gently.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before taking a shower.
- Apply a light moisturizer afterward.
Learn more: How To Have Glowing Skin
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
2. Milk Cream
Milk cream is great in lactic acid that can be an excellent exfoliant for the dry skin. It also has the soothing property that can moisturize the skin and balance the pH levels on the skin very well. How to treat dry skin naturally with milk cream? Let try this:
- Mix some milk cream with some tablespoons of gram flour as a good paste.
- Place the paste on the legs, hands, and face for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- You can do once each day for the better result.
- Combine some lemon juice, a teaspoon of milk cream, and a teaspoon of milk.
- Rub the mixture on the affected region and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Take a shower and you can do it once every day.
Milk is not only a perfect drink for health improvement, but also a good choice for smooth skin.
This ingredient has lactic acid, anti-inflammatory, and soothing properties that can reduce the itchiness and dryness on the skin. Milk is also a perfect moisturizer for the skin as it can lighten the skin complexion effectively.
- Mix some lemon juice, rose water, and some tablespoons of milk.
- Rub the mixture on the body and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- You can do this method twice each day.
- You soak a washcloth in the cold milk and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Then rinse off with the lukewarm water.
- You can do this treatment every other day to get the best result.
Honey is one of the best moisturizers for the skin due to the humectants, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties. This natural ingredient can soften and make the skin smooth and glowing. It also has vitamins and minerals to enhance the skin health effectually. How to treat dry skin with honey at home? You can follow some options:
- Mix some olive oil, beeswax, and pure honey as a good mask (microwave the beeswax first).
- Apply the mixture on the entire body for 10 minutes before taking a shower.
- Do it every day or every other day.
- You just need to take unprocessed honey on the body for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Do it every day to moisturize the skin well.
See more: Vitamins for Dry Skin on Face
Yogurt is a perfect hydrating ingredient for the skin. This ingredient includes anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can soothe the itchy and dry skin very well. Also, yogurt has the lactic acid that can fight the bacteria that cause the dryness on the skin.
- Combine some tablespoon of papaya and ½ glass of yogurt.
- Add some lemon juice and honey in the mixture and apply on dry skin for 10 minutes.
- Wash off your skin with cold water.
- You should do it once per week.
- You take some plain yogurt and apply it on the skin, massage gently.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before taking a bath.
- This ingredient can remove dead skin cells, and freshen the skin.
- So you should do once every day.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is high in fatty acids, which is necessary for treating the dry skin. How to treat dry skin with coconut oil at home? Just follow the instruction as this:
- Take some coconut oil and apply on dry skin after you take a shower.
- Your skin will easily absorb the ingredient when the skin is warm.
- Do it every day to treat dry skin.
- Microwave some coconut oil on the body before you sleep at night.
- Wash off with water in the next morning.
- You should do it every day to soften and soothe the skin.
Avocado is a nutrient fruit as it contains important vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants for health as well as the skin complexion. Vitamin A in avocado will maintain a glowing skin and repair the flaky skin usefully. There are many ways to cure the dry skin with avocado as below:
- Buy avocado and drink the smoothie every day to get the healthy fats and moisturize as well as hydrate the skin.
- Mix ½ cup of honey with a mashed ripe avocado.
- Apply the mixture on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- You can do this mask once or twice per week.
In order to reduce the dry skin shortly and moisturize it effectively, you should take advantage of oatmeal at home because this ingredient is high in protein content. Oatmeal can keep your skin moisturized and hydrated as it is a good treatment for the flaky skin when it has the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. You can try one of the following ways:
- Mix some ground oatmeal, a mashed ripe banana, and some lukewarm milk.
- Apply the mixture on dry skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Use the mask once per week.
- Put a cup of oatmeal in bath water.
- You can add some drops of lavender oil and soak in the water for 15-30 minutes.
- Enjoy the bath once per week.
9. Almond Oil
Almond oil is well-known in vitamin E, which is a necessary vitamin for health and skin. Almond oil also has the antioxidant property that can treat the dry or rough skin helpfully.
- Warm up some almond oil and apply on the entire body.
- Massage it gently before taking a bath.
- You can apply a light moisturizer after taking a shower.
- Do it every day.
- You prepare a cup of warm milk and add some almond oil into it.
- Drink before sleeping at night.
- This method will improve your sleep and strengthen the skin well.
10. Aloe Vera
Being good in antiseptic, soothing, and antifungal properties, aloe vera is one of the most powerful ingredients to treat flaky, dry, and irritated skin. This plant is also a great moisturizer for the skin and you can follow the option like this:
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf.
- Apply the gel on the affected skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Do this method twice each day for the perfect result.
Read more: Home Treatments For Lighter Skin
Do you like apricot? Do you know that it is an excellent ingredient for moisturizing the skin? If the skin is too dry or flaky, you should use apricot or other the ingredients to have a good paste for the skin. Here is the instruction:
- Firstly, you mash some apricots and microwave the olive oil.
- Mix two the ingredients as a good paste.
- Apply it on the skin and gently massage it.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing off with cold and warm water.
- Pat the skin dry and apply a light moisturizer.
- If you do not have apricot, you can replace it with banana, avocado, or peach.
Cucumber contains the cooling, cleansing, and soothing properties that can soften the skin and moisturize it perfectly. How to treat dry skin with cucumber at home? You can mix it with aloe vera gel like this:
- You peel the cucumber and throw away the seeds, cut the cucumber into the small pieces.
- Soak the cucumber in some teaspoons of aloe vera gel.
- Then you apply it on the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Wash off your skin with cold water and pat it dry.
Learn more: Tightening The Face Skin Naturally
13. Shea Butter
How to treat dry skin with the natural ingredients? You should keep reading the article and I will show you useful treatments for this skin condition. Another way to cure the problem is to use shea butter, aloe vera gel, and coconut oil.
- You mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread it on the affected skin by the fingertips.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before washing off with cold and warm water.
- Pat it dry and use a light moisturizer if necessary.
14. Egg Yolk
Your dry skin needs an effective moisturizer and egg yolk is such a perfect ingredient for the goal. You do not need to use the expensive products on the market, just some natural ways will treat the problem shortly. You should give a try this mask immediately.
- You should arrange ½ of a mango, a tablespoon of Shea butter, ½ teaspoon of the chamomile oil, an egg yolk, and ½ teaspoon of apricot oil.
- Get rid of the mango skin and cut it into the pieces.
- Add mango to the mixture of chamomile oil, butter, egg yolk, and apricot oil.
- Put into a blender and blend it smoothly.
- Spread on the dry skin for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with cold and warm water alternately.
- You can apply a light moisturizer for the better result.
- You need to have an egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, honey, ½ cup of oatmeal powder, ½ teaspoon of almond oil, and macadamia nut oil.
- Now you put the honey in a bowl and simmer it into a hot water bowl.
- Then mix it with egg yolk, almond oil, and yogurt.
- Stir until the mixture seems to be creamy and spread it on dry skin.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before washing off with cold water.
- Apply a moisturizer if necessary.
Recommended reading: How To Have Glowing Skin
Banana is a delicious and full of nutrients for everyone at any age. Someone does not know that banana is also an excellent fruit for treating dry skin, especially on the face. Here is a simple way to make a good paste from banana:
- All you need to prepare are 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, a banana, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, and the water.
- Firstly, you mash the banana and microwave the honey.
- Then you add heavy cream, oatmeal, and some water into the mixture.
- Use the fingertips to spread the mask on the infected region.
- Make sure to avoid the eye area.
- Relax and leave it for 15 minutes before using the cold and warm water to wash alternately.
- Use a towel to pat it dry.
Read more: Home Remedies For Whitening Skin
16. Chamomile Oil
Like other essential oils, chamomile oil is a good moisturizer at home you can try right away. This natural ingredient might remove the dead skin cells and strengthen the skin after several times to apply. How to treat dry skin with chamomile oil? Let find this:
- The ingredients include ½ avocado, watermelon, honey, orange juice, ½ teaspoon of chamomile oil, and ½ teaspoon of olive oil.
- Microwave the honey or put the honey into a bowl and simmer it into the hot water bowl.
- Take the avocado and remove the peel, cut into the pieces and mix it with watermelon.
- Add honey, olive oil, chamomile oil, and orange juice in a blender.
- Blend the mixture well and use the fingertips to spread the mask on the affected skin.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash off your skin with water.
- When the skin is still wet, you can apply a light moisturizer on it.
17. Corn Flour
Another useful treatment for dry skin is to use corn flour. Now let find out what it is:
- You mix some kaolin clay, 1 tablespoon of corn flour, some wheat germ oil, ½ teaspoon of kernel oil with some water.
- Stir them well until they are creamy.
- Spread the paste on the face, hands, legs, and entire the body.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold and warm water.
- You can use a light moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated.
18. Egg White
While the egg yolk is perfect for taking care of dry skin, egg white also plays an important function in whitening, softening, and treating the flaky skin.
- You mix 1 teaspoon of honey, sunflower oil, and an egg white in a bowl.
- Stir them well until the mixture gets thick.
- Spread it on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
If you usually drink milk every day, I think you should take some teaspoons to make an excellent paste for dry skin. How to treat dry skin with milk? Now try this:
- You just need to combine some water with ½ cup of powdered milk.
- Mix it as a good paste and place on your dry skin.
- Wait until it is dry entirely and wash off with warm water.
- You mix 1 teaspoon of powdered milk, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel, and some drops of the essential oil.
- Stir them well and apply on your dry skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Recommended reading: Natural Solutions For Clear Skin At Home
Being high in vitamin A, the carrot is one of the leading ingredients for treating some skin conditions, especially the dry skin. Carrot is great in potassium that is necessary to reduce inflammation and the dryness on skin as well as moisturize the skin naturally. You can follow the direction like this:
- You prepare a carrot, ½ avocado, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and an egg yolk.
- Steam the carrot until it is tender, then you blend it smoothly and add it with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir the mixture well and smear on your dry skin for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with the warm cloth and water and use a light moisturizer to apply.
21. Brown Sugar
If you want to get rid of dry skin, and soften the skin naturally, you should use brown sugar more often. This ingredient can exfoliate the skin and it is so simple to use for treating the peeling skin. The method is:
- You combine 1 tablespoon of brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Stir it well and apply it on your dry skin, massage gently and leave the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- When the skin is wet, you can use a light moisturizer for a better effect.
Vinegar is a very common spice in your kitchen and you can take it to cure the skin problem without giving a lot of money and time. What is the way to treat dry skin with vinegar?
- You add some tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in some cups of water.
- Wash the face with the mixture.
- You can add apple cider vinegar into the bath water and take a shower every day.
- The method can reduce the dryness and whiten the skin very well.
Read more: Tightening The Skin Tips
Mayonnaises is made from vinegar, egg yolk, and oil so it is a very good ingredient to your skin and hair. You can get the homemade mayonnaise and store it in the refrigerator. You should use it completely in a week.
- You just need to take some tablespoons of mayonnaise and apply it on your dry skin.
- Leave the mixture for 20 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Keep doing this treatment twice each week, your skin will not be dry after that.
24. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is on of the most powerful vitamins for health and for the skin, particularly the dry skin. If you are getting the dry skin and want to get rid of the problem quickly and naturally, you should make the vitamin E paste like this:
- Mix some teaspoons of yogurt, a teaspoon of honey, some teaspoons of cooked oatmeal, and a vitamin E capsule.
- Rub the paste on your dry skin for 20 minutes before washing off with warm water.
Vaseline is also called petroleum jelly, which is a great item for skin moisturization. This ingredient can protect the burns, dry skin, scrapes, cuts, cracked or peeling skin, as well as reduce the dry lines effectually. How to treat dry skin with Vaseline? Let follow this instruction:
- Take some Vaseline and apply it on the affected skin.
- Leave it until you take a bath.
- Do it every day for the better result.
- You can apply some Vaseline on the hands, legs, and face before sleeping.
- Wear the socks, gloves and leave it through the night.
- Wash it off with water in the next morning.
Learn more: Home Remedies For Clear Skin
26. Glycerin Oil
Glycerin is a colorless and odorless compound that can help you relieve the scars, dryness, blackhead, and wrinkles. This oil is a great ingredient for moisturizing the skin and here is the solution:
- Add some glycerin oil in the water
- Apply it on your dry skin before going to sleep.
- Wash off with water in the next morning.
- Mix glycerin oil with lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on the skin before sleeping.
- Wash it off with fresh water in the following morning.
Potatoes are very useful treatments for the dry skin as it is a natural moisturizer. The remedy is:
- You boil a potato and mash it well.
- Then mix the potato with honey, egg yolk, and lemon juice.
- Stir well and apply the mixture on your dry skin for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
Turmeric is becoming a popular and effective ingredient for treating the dry skin. It can improve the skin tone and decrease the inflammation very well.
- You mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder, some milk cream, and lemon juice together.
- Rub the mask on skin for 15 minutes.
- Gently massage it and rinse off with warm water.
- You can do this paste once per week to have the best effect.
Read more: Lightening Your Skin
29. Avoid Hot Water
Yes, hot water is not good for your dry skin although you can steam with the hot water to relax and reduce some conditions like soreness or stress. If you take a shower with hot water, your skin will lose the moist and the elasticity very quickly. So, instead of using hot water to wash the face or bath the body, you should reduce the temperature and just bath for 5-10 minutes.
30. Behave Gently With Your Skin
You skin will be more sensitive if it is too dry or peeling. In this time, you should protect or behave the skin gently. Specifically, they are:
- Avoid using chemical or harsh soaps.
- Use the non-soap cleanser when taking a bath.
- Do not abuse the alcohol, toners, or cosmetic products.
- Do not exfoliate the skin too many times each week.
31. Wear Sunscreen
This tip is for any type of the skin and you should do it more often, even the weather is cold. Wearing a sunscreen before going outside is not your routine and you should change it after reading this article. Sunlight will damage the skin if you do not protect it properly. Sunlight is also one of the main reasons for the roughness, wrinkles, and dryness on the skin. Along with using sunscreen, you should take some light, long-sleeved shirts when out in the sun.
32. Shave Properly
Shaving unwanted hair is an activity that might irritate the skin and cause your dry skin worse. Make sure that you do not shave before the shower, but after taking a bath because the hairs are pliable and soft to shave easily. You should use the shaving gel or cream that is directed to shave the hair. In addition, you should keep the razor clean and change it more often. Do not shave the unwanted hair too much time because it can remove the natural oils on the skin.
33. Moisturize The Skin Smartly
Moisturizing is very important and necessary to keep your skin soft and hydrated. Actually, you do not need to buy a lot of expensive creams or cosmetic products, but you can use the above natural ingredients to moisturize the skin. You can use the Shea butter, glycerin, oils, etc for treating the dry skin. Moreover, you have to follow the rules of the moisturizing:
- Wash the skin with the light cleanser.
- Pat it dry and apply the moisturizer on the skin.
- Apply a cream with the SPF 30.
In the winter, the weather is very dry and cold so you should use the humidifier more often to moisturize the skin.
34. Drink Water
This secret is not a secret anymore. Many people know that drinking enough water will keep the full length of energy and improve your health. The suggestion is to drink at least 8 cups of water every day. You can drink fresh water or some teas you like such as chamomile tea, green tea, black tea, etc. you also can supply more water by getting the fluid through daily meals.
35. Eat Healthy Foods
There are many healthy foods that can strengthen your skin health including the fish, vegetables, fruits, oils, and so on. Fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that can keep the skin cell healthy and you should eat the fish every week. Other sources of fatty acids are flaxseed oil, avocados, and walnuts. Furthermore, water-rich foods can supply more water for your skin and this is so simple trick to keep the skin hydrated during the day.
If you want to get more tips and tricks on skin care, you can visit our main Skin Care page to update. After viewing the writing about 35 tips on how to cure dry skin, I think that you have got the comprehensive information to take care of your skin effectively at home. With the above treatments, you can apply for other parts of the body such as the face, hands, neck, etc. To have any question, you might leave it as a comment as below.