Having a glowing skin is a dream of everyone. However, you might get several skin problems such as oily skin, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, acne, scars, etc. Among them, dry skin is a very common condition that can make the skin look less smooth and soft. There are many reasons for rough, dry your skin, including hard weather, environmental factors, chemicals, lifestyles, heat, hot baths or showers, harsh soaps, other skin conditions, etc. In this comprehensive writing, Effectiveremedies.com will show you the best homemade face mask for dry skin and hope that you will get some useful solutions for your skin condition. Now keep reading the article and learn how to do the mask for healing dry skin on the face.
- How To Treat Dry Skin On Face & Body Naturally At Home
- Natural Home Remedies For Dry Skin On Face & Body In Winter
- Natural Homemade Moisturizer For Dry Skin
37 Best Homemade Recipes Of Face Mask For Dry Skin
1. Coffee Face Mask
According to several studies, the coffee ground extract helps to protect your skin from damage caused due to UV-B rays.
Moreover, using coffee directly on your skin helps reduce the appearance of redness, sun spots, wrinkles, and fine lines. One study found that drinking coffee has a positive effect on reducing photoaging effects.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of ground coffee, 3 tbsp of milk, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of honey.
- Then, mix these ingredients and spread the mixture onto your face.
- Wait for half an hour and finally, wash off your mask by using water.
2. Papaya And Strawberry
Papaya contains papain enzyme and vitamin A, which all help get rid of dead skin cells. In addition, it comes with inactive proteins that rejuvenate your skin. Moreover, it helps keep the skin hydrated. Strawberry is full of vitamin C, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, aspartic acid, ellagic acid, fiber, and folate, all of which may save the skin from a lot of disorders, including blackheads, acne, whiteheads, dry skin, oily skin, and more.
- First of all, prepare 2 large, fresh strawberries, 2 mashed tablespoons of ripe papaya, 1 cooked peach, 1 teaspoon of organic honey, and 1 tablespoon of oatmeal.
- In a mixing bowl, place strawberries, papaya, peach, honey and then mix them until these fruits are blended.
- Stir in a little old fashioned oatmeal at a time until this mixture creates a paste.
- Now apply this mask to your face and keep it for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, rinse it with lukewarm water and follow up with applying a good moisturizer.
3. Coconut Oil Face Mask
Coconut oil also is really good for dry skin treatment. The fatty acids in it that help provide moisture to the skin. A 2008 study found that coconut oil is used traditionally to moisturize dry skin and deal with atopic dermatitis. Another study showed that coconut oil resulted in a 68% reduction in eczema severity, which makes it more effective than the mineral oil in treating eczema.
A study in people with mild to moderate dry skin analyzed the effects of using coconut oil and mineral oil on dealing with dry skin. After two weeks, the study reported that coconut oil significantly helped to improve skin hydration, and its effectiveness is similar to mineral oil. So, it’s also the best face mask for dry skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil, 1 inch of mashed ripe banana, and 3 frankincense essential oil drops.
- Then, whip all the ingredients together by using a spoon or fork and apply it to your clean face.
- Rinse off after 20 minutes after that. Finally, pat dry and moisturize.
Butter is a powerhouse of fatty acids and vitamin A. The fatty acids moisturize the skin while vitamin A helps in enhancing collagen production. Besides, butter brings one natural glow on your face, which is extremely useful for the dry, dull, and flaky skin. Shea butter – a vegetable lipid that is used in creams and cosmetics for its conditioning and emollient effects for use on rough, dry skin. Also, it is an anti-inflammatory agent. According to a study in the Journal of Oleo Science, shea butter helps to reduce inflammation.
- First of all, you need to prepare 1 tbsp of softened butter, 1 tsp of raw, unfiltered honey, and 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
- Place all of these ingredients into one small bowl and combine well until they are creamy and thick.
- Lather this mask in a thin layer onto the face. Leave it to sit for around 20-30 minutes.
- Finally, remove by using a warm wet washcloth and then pat the skin dry.
5. Grape Face Mask
Due to its vitamin E, grape helps retain the moisture in the skin while vitamin C in it helps to rejuvenate skin cells. Black grapes are found to increase skin elasticity and improve blood circulation, which leads to healthy, glowing skin. Plus, it acts as one exfoliate, eliminating dead skin cells to give healthy and smooth skin.
- The first step is to wash the grapes as desired. Next, cut in halves and then mash them up.
- After that, add one pinch of flour and combine well.
- Now take a paper mask and soak in the mixture.
- Wear the paper mask for about 20 minutes. Thereafter wash the face and moisturize.
For treating dry skin, this mask also acts well. Yogurt is rich in mineral zinc that functions an anti-inflammatory property and aids in preventing dryness of skin caused due to sun damage. Besides, its lactic acid may dissolve the dry, damaged, and dead skin cells. Apart from that, the presence of calcium in yogurt helps to enhance skin renewal and boost the formation of new cells, which in turn helps to heal dry skin. Some studies suggest that probiotics, along with their metabolites, may be beneficial in protecting the skin from aging and from ultraviolet light. In one study, 56 women with chronic constipation and rough, dry skin reported an improvement in the degree of skin dryness and scaling and the skin elasticity after the administration period.
- Apply some plain yogurt to the face.
- Wait for 20 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
- Mix orange juice, 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt, and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply this mixture to your face for 20 minutes
- Wash it off.
- Mix half a cup of yogurt and 3 tablespoons of mashed or blended papaya. Then, stir in some drops of lemon juice, and 1 tsp. of honey.
- Now, apply it to your skin
- After 10 minutes, wash it off with cold water.
- Do this one time a week.
- Firstly, in one small mixing bowl, place 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of cooked oatmeal together with the contents of one vitamin E capsule.
- Let oatmeal cool prior to adding it to this facial mixture.
- Then, use warm water to wash the face, and then with the help of a soft towel to take the excess water out of the skin.
- Now smooth this hydrating facial mask on the damp skin and let it remain for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse the face, and then pat the skin dry. Follow up with applying your favorite moisturizer.
7. Honey And Epsom Salt
Honey is the greatest natural moisturizers packed with antioxidant, humectant, and antimicrobial properties. A study notes that bee’s honey is popularly used in preparing hair conditioners, skin moisturizer, facial washes, and in treatment of zits/pimples. Taz Bhatia, MD, founder & medical director of the Atlanta Center for Holistic and Integrative Medicine says: “Epsom salt is a pure mineral compound—magnesium sulfate—and people don't realize that it can play a major role in their beauty routine.” It’s very effective for dry skin in the winter season.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt together. Next, gently apply this mixture to your skin.
- Relax with the mask on for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off, pat dry, and moisturize!
8. Vitamin E And Avocado
Tatiana Kononov, Revision Skincare Director of Research & Development, says: “Vitamin E has been used in skincare for so long that it sometimes gets overlooked when newer, more exotic-sounding ingredients are advertised in products.” Vitamin E is an antioxidant agent that repairs and protects your skin from the dryness. It comes with anti-inflammatory qualities that calm sensitive skin. Typically, the moisturizing properties in it help to soothe dry skin very well.
- With the help of a blender, blend ½ a ripe banana until smooth and later add the oil of vitamin E.
- Mix well and apply it to your cleansed face. After 20 minutes, wash thoroughly and moisturize it.
9. Pink Clay And Coconut Milk
Pink clay helps in promoting blood circulation on the skin, cleansing, and exfoliating. It doesn’t draw oil from your skin; so, it is suitable to use this clay on dry skin. Also, one study found that clay application helped to increase the number of collagen fibers.
- To make this mask, you have to prepare 2 tbsp of heavy cream or coconut milk, and 1 tbsp of pink clay
- Mix the two ingredients into one smooth paste and later apply it to cleansed skin.
- Wash thoroughly after 15 to 20 minutes and follow with moisturizer.
10. Lemon Juice and Sugar
This mask makes skin soft, glowing, and smooth. Sugar – small crystals – makes it a natural exfoliator that helps to remove dead cells on the skin without damaging it. Sugar is also a natural humectant, which means it may draw moisture into your skin. Moreover, sugar doesn’t strip the natural oils of the skin. Lemon is a powerhouse of vitamin C that lightens skin tone, gets rid of patches on your skin, and promotes skin cell growth to help prevent dry skin. Thanks to its antioxidant and skin-lightening properties of vitamin C, it is beneficial for photoprotection, anti-aging, and anti-pigmentation.
Method 1: Sugar and lemon
- Take a tsp of sugar and the juice of ½ a lemon. Next, mix them well.
- Then, apply it to the face and other dry skin areas. Massage it slowly in a circular motion.
- After that, scrub for about 10 to 15 minutes and finally, wash it off by using lukewarm water.
Method 2: Brown Sugar Mask
- Prepare a teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil and a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Mix the oil and brown sugar in a bowl and stir it well.
- You can add the sugar or oil if necessary.
- Apply the mixture to the face and use the fingertips to massage it circulation gently.
- Now you rinse off with warm water.
- You can apply a light moisturizer on the face.
11. Clay, Corn Flour, Wheat Germ & Apricot Oil
- You prepare 1 tbsp of clay powder, 1 tbsp of oil, 1 tbsp of corn flour, wheat germ, and 1 tbsp of apricot oil.
- Then, mix all ingredients in a bowl and add fresh water to make a thin paste.
- Now apply this mask to the dry skin with the help of a brush and keep it on for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your face by using warm water and then rinse by using cold water. Finish by applying a moisturizer.
12. Brewer's Yeast
Brewer's yeast is a great source of chromium, selenium, protein, and B vitamins, as per the University Of Maryland Medical Center. Your body needs B vitamins to keep healthy skin. It also helps to stop the appearance of wrinkles and bring elasticity to your skin. A study suggests that dried brewer’s yeast is beneficial in improving skin condition, such as adding moisture to the skin and promoting skin elasticity production. You should try this face mask for dry skin if you have one lifeless skin, off and tired.
- Firstly, in a container, mix some powdered brewer’s yeast, 1 tbsp of honey, and a glass of hot milk.
- Mix these ingredients until you have a smooth paste. Then, apply it to your face and leave it to act for 15 minutes.
13. Egg, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Almond & Macadamia Nut
Macadamia nut oil has many beauty benefits for the skin. This oil is a great source of palmitoleic acid that is a powerful antioxidant supporting healthy cell membranes, hydrating the skin, and supporting skin healing as well. A study found that it effectively hydrates rough, dry skin and decreases the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face and around the eyes.
- Firstly, take 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of plain unflavored yogurt, 1 tablespoon of organic honey, 1/2 teaspoon of almond oil, 1/4 cup of cooked oatmeal, and 1/2 teaspoon of Macadamia nut oil.
- Warm up your honey until it turns liquid, and then mix it with almond oil, yogurt, and egg yolk to get a smooth, creamy paste.
- Now spread this paste on your clean neck and face by using a facial mask spatula or brush, keeping the eye area clear.
- Keep the mask on for ten minutes. Then, rinse it off by using cold water and pat the skin dry with the help of a clean towel.
- Follow up with applying a moisturizer.
14. Apricot And Olive Oil
Apricot is one of the best natural masks for your dry skin. Especially, this fruit might moisturize the skin very well. This fruit contains vitamin A and essential fatty acids; so, it’s great for irritated, dry skin. In addition, it contains moisturizing properties that keep the skin cells hydrated and prevent any drying effects related to exfoliating your skin, thus giving you a softer and healthier skin surface. Olive oil in this mask is full of nutrients. It is also a natural humectant, attracting moisture to dry skin.
- You prepare some apricots and some extra virgin olive oil.
- Mash the apricot and warm up the olive oil in the microwave.
- Mix the ingredients together and stir it well.
- Apply it to the face by your fingertips, massage it gently, and avoid the eye area.
- Leave it for 1 minute before washing off with warm and cold water alternately.
- Pat the face dry with a soft towel.
- You might apply a light moisturizer afterward.
- You can replace apricot with peach, avocado, or a ripe banana.
15. Aloe Vera And Cucumber Mask
“Aloe vera and cucumber are excellent ingredients for the skin, especially for the dry skin .”
Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory and calming effects on the sunburned skin within 2 days of topical application, thus reducing redness, discomfort, and swelling of dry skin, according to one study published in the February 2008 edition of “Skin Pharmacology and Physiology.” It also consists of great moisturizing properties, so it is really great for dry skin. The natural moisturizing properties of aloe vera maintain your skin hydrated and promotes its elasticity. Moreover, it supplies oxygen to your skin, which encourages the skin tissues and keeps the skin healthy. Aloe vera has phytochemicals, and it is frequently added to creams, lotions, and cleansers as an emollient to moisturize and soften the skin.
Cucumber is rich in vitamins A and C, both of which are important for dry skin care. Plus, it is a great source of iron, magnesium, potassium, folate, silica, and molybdenum. Especially, cucumber contains about 90% water content that makes it become the great food for dry skin. They are also great in soothing, cleansing, and cooling the skin and body, which may soften and make the skin look supple.
Method 1: Aloe Vera And Cucumber Mask
- You need ½ cucumber and some teaspoons of aloe vera gel.
- Firstly, you peel the cucumber, and remove the seeds, cut it into the different pieces.
- Soak the cucumber into the aloe vera gel and blend them as a good paste.
- Now you apply the mixture to face by the fingertips. Keep your eye area clear.
- Leave the mask for 30 minutes.
- Then you rinse off with cold water.
- Use a soft towel to pat it dry.
Method 2: Aloe Vera And Avocado
One of the best DIY masks for the dry skin is avocado and aloe vera mixture. This natural mask will be an effective remedy for softening and hydrating the rough or chapped skin. The paste will be more effective if you add some honey in it. All the ingredients are perfect for a nice skin, and they also work for sunburn and supply more antioxidants for the dry skin.
- You take the ½ ripe avocado, some tablespoon of aloe vera gel, a tablespoon of honey, a teaspoon of coconut oil or almond oil, a tablespoon of oatmeal.
- The first thing you do is to mash the avocado in a bowl. Meanwhile, you warm up the honey.
- Now you stir the avocado in oatmeal, coconut oil, honey, and aloe vera gel.
- Mix the ingredients together as a thick paste.
- Spread on the dry skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and use a warm cloth to wash the face.
- You can apply a moisturizer after that.
16. Shea Butter, Coconut Oil And Aloe Vera
Another effective face mask for dry skin is to mix Shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera. Shea butter has vitamin F and the non-saponifiable matter that are vital ingredients for keeping the skin’s elasticity. Thus, its application restores the elasticity of your skin and aids to keep one even skin tone, besides softening and hydrating it. A study found that shea butter works as an emollient for relieving eczema; however, further studies are required. “Coconut oil is known for being hydrating,” says dermatologist Dennis Gross, MD. Coconut oil contains naturally antifungal and antibacterial agents, which are an excellent moisturizer. This is an effective face mask you can do every week at home.
- The ingredients include a tablespoon of Shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir them well.
- Then you spread the mixture on the dry skin with the fingertips and avoid touching the eye area.
- Relax and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm and cold water.
- Pat the face dry and apply a light moisturizer.
17. Egg Yolk, Butter And Mango
Moisturizing the skin is a very necessary step if you want to get rid of the dry skin. Actually, you do not need to use expensive cream or moisturizer on the market; you can take advantage of the natural ingredients available in your kitchen, such as mango, butter, or egg. Mangoes are amazing for the skin because they are a powerful source of antioxidants, especially vitamin C. Vitamin C plays an important role in keeping the skin healthy and in the stimulation of collagen synthesis. They also have the ability to decrease dark spots, acne, and blemishes, thus giving a natural glow to the skin. Furthermore, beta-carotene and vitamin A found in mangoes restore, revive, and rejuvenate the skin with vigor. So, they’re often used in different face masks and scrubs. Eggs, on the other hand, are a rich source of healthy fats and protein. They aid in moisturizing the skin.
- The ingredients you need are the ½ teaspoon of apricot oil, ½ teaspoon of chamomile oil, an egg yolk, a tablespoon of Shea butter, and a half of a mango.
- Remove the mango skin and cut it into pieces, then you add egg yolk, butter, apricot oil, and chamomile oil.
- Blend them as a smooth paste.
- Gently spread on the face and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm and cold water.
- Apply a normal moisturizer for a better result.
18. Oatmeal, Honey And Banana Mask
This is one of the best masks for your dry skin, and it may also reduce aging skin and work for wrinkles. Herbalists have long suggested oats for several skin problems. Oatmeal may help to moisturize and soften your skin, decreasing the appearance of wrinkles. A study found that oatmeal is beneficial in treating dry skin related to atopic dermatitis. Additionally, it plays an important role in preparing cosmetics and protecting the skin from ultraviolet rays.
Honey is considered as one of the greatest natural moisturizers packed with an antioxidant, humectant, and antimicrobial properties . Hence, it helps to lock in moisture, making your skin extra smooth and soft. Moreover, it comes with many essential minerals and vitamins that help improve skin health. Women from South America and Caribbean have long applied mashed bananas like a natural remedy for dry skin at home.
- What you need are the spring water, a tablespoon of oatmeal flour, a tablespoon of organic honey, some tablespoons of heavy cream, and a banana.
- You warm up the honey, mash the banana and add oatmeal, honey, and heavy cream to mix well.
- If it is too thick, you can add some water.
- Use your fingertips to spread the mask all over the face except for the eyes.
- Lie down and relax for 15 minutes before washing off with warm and cold water alternately.
- Pat the face dry with a soft towel.
- Lastly, you can apply a mild moisturizer to keep the water inside.
19. Honey, Avocado, Chamomile, And Melon Mask
To add up the nutrients is also an important thing you need to do if the skin is too dry. This mask will work for dead skin cell removal and moisturizing the skin. Avocado has many vitamins like vitamin A, C, and E, all of which are necessary for the skin. Avocado pulp and oil contain antioxidants, such as B-carotene, linoleic acid, and lecithin that nourish dehydrated, flaky skin. Plus, the fruit hydrates dry skin effectively and decrease fine lines and wrinkles on your skin.
Chamomile oil contains skin repairing, strengthening, and regenerating properties, thus keeping your skin refreshed and young. Also, it helps to get rid of dry and itchy skin almost 92 % water that keeps your body hydrated in the summer months. It also boosts collagen production to make your skin youthful and firm.
Method 1: Honey, Avocado, Chamomile, And Melon Mask
- You should prepare ½ teaspoon of chamomile oil, some orange juice, olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, some watermelon slices, and ½ avocado.
- You warm up the honey by putting into a bowl and immerse in hot water.
- Remove the avocado peel and cut into pieces, then add with watermelon.
- Mix it with chamomile oil, orange juice, olive oil, and honey in a food processor.
- Blend the mixture well as a good paste.
- Use the fingertips to spread the mask on the face.
- Relax and leave it for 30-35 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat the face dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a moisturizer to keep the water inside the skin.
Method 2: Honey And Avocado Mask
Avocado includes great oils, and honey is a natural moisturizer that may treat the dry skin very well and make it more glamorous. Honey is well known for providing us with many beauty and health benefits. This mask is also helpful for wrinkles and premature skin.
- The first step you have to do is to mash ½ ripe avocado in a bowl.
- Then you stir it into ½ cup of honey to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to the face and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Now you rinse off the mask with a cool washcloth.
20. Egg Yolk, Almond, Honey, And Oatmeal Mask
The egg is not only good for your health, but it is also perfect for skin care, especially for the dry skin and wrinkles. Almond oil in this mask contains antioxidant properties, which protect the skin against UV radiation damage and keep it supple and soft. The rich vitamin E content in it is considered the best lubricator and emollient for dry skin. Additionally, its vitamin E content may help to protect the skin from premature aging and sun damage. According to animal studies, vitamin E, when used on the skin, may help to protect skin cells from sun damage by decreasing DNA damage and reducing structural and chemical changes in your skin due to the sun’s rays .
Method 1: Egg, Honey, Almond, And Oatmeal Mask
- You need to prepare ½ teaspoon of macadamia nut oil, ½ teaspoon of almond oil, ½ cup of cooked oatmeal, a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of yogurt, and an egg yolk.
- Warm up the honey by immersing it in a bowl with hot water.
- Then you mix the honey with yogurt, almond oil, and egg yolk. Stir them well until they get creamy.
- Use the fingertips to spread the mask on the face and avoid the eye area.
- Lie down and leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated.
Method 2: Egg White And Honey Mask
The combination of honey and egg will benefit your skin, and you should try this mask for dry skin.
- You need to prepare a small bowl, an egg white, a teaspoon of sunflower oil, and a teaspoon of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients together and stir it well until they are thick.
- Spread the mixture on the face for 15 minutes.
- Then you rinse off with warm water.
21. Apricot, Wheat Germ, And Corn flour Mask
Another helpful face mask for dry skin is to combine cornstarch, apricot, wheat germ, and kaolin clay. Cornstarch contains a high amount of protein, which helps boost collagen and inhibits skin aging signs. Plus, it comes with vitamin A that fades brown spots, dark patches, and sunspots. The amino acids and minerals in it keep your skin healthy, smooth, and vibrant.
Wheat germ oil is a powerhouse of vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin D, antioxidants and fatty acids as well. These nutrients moisturize and heal cracked and dry skin , and also help prevent scarring. Besides, this oil is rich in vitamin E, which helps decrease skin damage, support healthy collagen formation, fight free radicals, and keep even skin tone.
Kaolin clay is often used as a skin cleansing and detoxifying agent, as per W.N Logan (2009), Indiana Division of Geology. This clay consists of a high content of silica aiding in getting rid of the dead skin and making it regenerate. Moreover, this purifies and detoxes your skin and makes it become moist.
- You will need the ½ teaspoon of apricot kernel oil, 1 teaspoon of wheat germ oil, a tablespoon of cornstarch, some ounces of kaolin clay, and some water.
- Mix all the ingredients and mix them until they are smooth and look creamy.
- Use the fingertips to spread the mixture on the face.
- Lie down and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and cold water.
- Apply a moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated inside.
Avocado is a great choice if you want to treat dry skin at home. This fruit has a lot of benefits for health and the skin as it may moisturize the skin effectively and make it glowing dramatically. Plus, avocado is full of fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins that help improve the skin from the inside. Besides, this fruit is rich in vitamin A that aids in skin repair and maintenance to restore silky and smooth skin.
- You just need a ¼ cup of honey and ½ a ripe avocado.
- You mash the avocado in a bowl and mix it with the honey.
- Apply on the face for 10 minutes before rinsing off with a cool washcloth.
- First of all, mash the pulp of one avocado into one smooth paste. Then, rub this paste all over the dry skin.
- Let it settle on the skin for about 10-15 minutes and use cold water to rinse it off. It’s advisable to repeat this process once daily.
Oatmeal is a valuable food for health, and it is an excellent ingredient for face skin. This ingredient can be used to remove dead skin cells and improve the skin complexion effectively at home. Oatmeal contains a high protein content that leaves one protective barrier on your skin, inhibiting water loss, and helping maintain moisture.
A study found that the colloidal oatmeal extract helped to reduce pro-inflammatory cytokines and reduce all the clinical signs, including skin dryness, roughness, scaling, and itching intensity.
The efficacy of using colloidal oatmeal for reducing and moisturizing skin irritation is well documented.
- You need a teaspoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of yogurt, and a tablespoon of oatmeal.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Apply it to the skin for 10 minutes.
- Wait until it is dry naturally and rinse off with water.
- You can apply argan oil or serum to keep the skin moisturized.
- You can store the remaining part of the mask in a container and use it within a week.
If you want to treat the dry skin quickly, this mask will be helpful for the goal.
- You prepare the ½ cup of oatmeal, ½ cup of hot water, an egg white, a few tablespoons of plain yogurt, and some teaspoons of honey.
- Mix all of the ingredients and apply it to the face for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- You can also mix 1 mashed ripe banana with a cup of ground oatmeal. Then, add some lukewarm milk.
- Apply this mask on the dry skin and keep it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off by using cold water. You should use this face mask one time a week.
Do you usually drink milk every day? If yes, you should take some milk to make a good mask for your dry skin. Raw milk will be an excellent moisturizer for dry skin, and it is a homemade recipe that you can do every week at home. Due to its anti-inflammatory and soothing agent, milk greatly helps remove dry and itchy skin. Besides, the lactic acid found in milk helps exfoliate dead skin cells and increases the ability of the skin to retain moisture. Moreover, it helps lighten the complexion. The direction is:
- You should have some drops of essential oil, a teaspoon of aloe vera gel, a tablespoon of honey, and a teaspoon of powdered milk.
- Combine all the ingredients together and apply it to the face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- This homemade recipe will not only good for dry skin, but it is also useful to open the skin pores and soften the skin.
- This remedy is so simple; you just need to have ¼ cup of powdered milk and some water.
- Mix the water and milk together as a good paste.
- Then you coat the mixture on the face and wait until it is dry completely.
- Rinse off with warm water.
25. Olive Oil
Olive oil brings a lot of benefits for health and skin; and if you use it every week, your skin will reduce the dryness and roughness. A lot of people prefer using olive oil for treating dry skin as it comes with numerous antioxidants, vitamin K, vitamin E, and other wonderful ingredients that give anti-aging benefits.
- You should have a teaspoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of yogurt, and a tablespoon of oat bran.
- You mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
- Smear the mixture on the face for 10 minutes or until it is dry.
- Rinse the face off with fresh water.
- You can apply a moisturizer when the skin is still wet.
- You can store the remaining mixture in a container and put it in the refrigerator for a week.
Carrot is good in vitamin A, which is an essential vitamin for skin health. If you are getting dry skin, especially on the face, you should use carrot more often. It will bring more advantages if you combine carrots with other ingredients such as egg yolk, honey, avocado, etc. Carrot is a good source of potassium that can get rid of the dryness and inflammation on the skin. Moreover, this ingredient can moisturize the skin effectively.
- You should prepare an egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, a half of avocado, and a carrot.
- Now you boil or steam the carrot until it looks tender.
- Put it into a blender and blend it with the avocado until they are consistent.
- Stir the mixture in the egg yolk, honey and mix them well.
- When it is done, you smear the mask on the face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with a warm cloth and apply a moisturizer on the skin when it is still wet.
27. Banana Mask
- You just need a medium-sized ripe banana only.
- Now you mash the bananas until it gets smooth.
- Then you apply the mask to the neck and face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Method 2: Honey, Yogurt, And Banana Mask
If you want to have glowing skin and remove the dry skin condition, this mask will be helpful for it.
- You should have ½ cup of plain yogurt, a tablespoon of honey, and some ripe bananas.
- Put all of them into a blender and blend them well until they are consistent.
- Spread the mask on the face and leave it for 20 minutes or until it is dry.
- Rinse off with warm water.
If you want to get more tips and tricks on skin care, you can visit our main Skin Care page to update. After viewing the writing about the homemade face mask for dry skin, we think that you have got the comprehensive information to take care of your skin best and effectively at home. With the above treatments, you can apply for other parts of the body, such as the face, hands, neck, etc. To have any question, you might leave it as a comment below.