For a long time, Korea has been considered the beautiful country because of the strong investment in beauty care of Korean women. Towards a Korean girl, it’s skin that partially determines their confidence, so they don’t mind spending much on taking care of their skin. That’s also the reason why you can see their appearance is always attractive though this can be seemingly affected by the weather there. Just need to take a glance at K-pop stars, you can certainly get overwhelmed with their flawless beauty. There must be some myths behind this to make them different, which is called Korean skin care secrets. If you come from Asia and also want to own such Korean skin, dig into the process they take care of their skin, what they apply to their skin and the method they follow to maintain their strong skin’s health. After all, you can select the effective remedy that fits you most for a bright future on your skin. Be calm and track the right routine of taking care of your skin before coming to the natural Korean skin care secrets gathered in this article. Here is the natural routine that Korean follow to improve skin condition. This is also among the Asian skin care tips that every girl needs to keep in the pocket, now you just need to apply it then feel the big change.
- Asian skin sare secrets to improve skin condition fast
- Natural Japanese skin care secrets to perfect your skin
- Natural beauty tips for glowing skin at home
Top 9 Korean Skin Care Secrets To Get Perfect Skin
When talking about the beauty destination in Korea, people must think about Alicia Yoon immediately. She is the founder of “Peach and Lily” dedicated to bringing about natural products for a massive number of women in Korea and the whole world. Below is the 10-step beauty regime for Korean skin that Alicia has to spend time on researching carefully.
- Step 1: Catch the eye makeup removal after wearing cosmetic for so long
This is the first and important step in restoring the strong skin. You should use high-quality makeup remover to remove all the things in your eyes unless you want to have bruised eyes. In fact, you cannot expect more from a normal cleanser than just leaving the skin area with thicker dust. Remember to tug the skin area around your eyes because this is more important than everything ever. One more thing, you should also use a type of remover to take out all the lipstick layers on your lips.
- Step 2: Cleanse your skin with heart
Coming to this step, you should keep in mind that the time you use to put on your face should be the same as the time you take care of it after that. In other words, time for cleansing your skin should be reasonable. This is also an important factor in filtering your skin. Before cleansing, remember that an oil-rich cleanser is the best choice for you. So, hurry to pick one product made with full of natural ingredients. And then, you massage your face with such cleanser gently using circular motions with your fingers to let the essence penetrate deeper into your skin. Taking this action will also remove all the dust left on your face, at the same time, enhance the circulation process and help equal brighter skin.
- Step 3: Exfoliate your skin using suitable mask
At this stage, let the face mask take its highest effect. A natural beauty mask is highly recommended for you now (For more natural recipes to get a good mask, be calm and they will be revealed in the part of Korean skin care secrets below) If you really want to turn your skin to be as soft as baby butt, then exfoliate your skin twice per day and focus on the T-zone or where the blackheads shelter. Actually, exfoliating is an indispensable step but to some extent, too much is not good. Just keep it less and effective.
- Step 4: Let your skin breathe and be refreshed
This is a crucial step in all Asian skin-care secrets, even American call this “toning” to indicate its power in strengthening and vitalizing Asian skin. Using a refresher will help to take out all the pollutants on your skin and restore your skin pH balance. This step will create the premise for the next step – Essence – by soothing and prepping your skin thoroughly. It is suggested that you should use a toner with gentle ingredients like bamboo extracts. Then you use a cotton pad to hold the toner and apply it to your neck and face. After that, don’t be shocked with the dust left on your pad.
- Step 5: Let your skin penetrate essence
This is seen as the most important step for Korean women. In this step, you need to soak your face in safe treatment essence. This action makes the essence penetrate deeper in cellular level then boost the speed of making your skin brighter and smoother.
- Step 6: Take the ampoule
Do you know that ampoule is an extremely concentrated version of the essence? Everyone also calls it the serums. To help your skin to be improved faster, why not taking the natural remedy for your skin.
- Step 7: Try using the sheet mask
The suitable routine for you to apply sheet mask is usually twice a week or more if your skin is too dry. The mask should contain collagen and natural ingredients for sure. Some mask is made of avocado extracts, which is loaded with many antioxidants or vitamin E, which takes effect as anti-aging property. Do you know the secret of a good sheet mask? It will be one with nutrients and moisture, not just seemingly cream or serum.
- Step 8: Don’t forget to take care of your eyes
The eye is the soul, and in Asian skin-care secrets, you should not ignore this area for sure. Always keep the area around your eyes bright and strong by applying the following natural remedy.
- Step 9: Moisturize your skin
You may not notice that most of the Korean women have to wear layering to protect their skin, so it is not strange if another layer of moisture is put on their face. Moisturizer for them should be of gentle and easy to penetrate to your skin.
- Step 10: Time for skin care at night
This is the last but important step. The point here is that your skin always needs to be hydrated, so how can you do that? The answer is night skin care with nutritious cream, which is able to keep your skin soft and white.
After mastering the 10-step beauty routine of most Korean women, now it’s time for you to take action with 100% natural ingredients. With all the remedies revealed here, you can keep peace in mind that in the future, you will get strong, bright, and soft skin without any flaw.
Top 9 Korean Skin Care Secrets For Perfect Skin
1. Take Use Of Lemon
In fact, from your kitchen, you can take use of several ingredients to apply on your skin to liven it up. For example, lemon, mint, almond, turmeric powder, milk, apple cider vinegar, buttermilk, aloe vera, parsley juice, dandelion, potatoes, orange juice, and even tofu may strengthen your skin without causing any side effect. But firstly, pay attention to the first ingredient. It is a lemon. As you may know, vitamin C is an important part in maintaining the health of your skin, so always remember to supplement it with vitamin C. One of the sources rich with vitamin C that may help you is a lemon.
- To apply this method, you need to prepare a fresh lemon first
- Then you cut it into halves and squeeze it to extract the juice in a bowl
- You use a cotton ball to dip in the lemon juice
- Next, you will apply this undiluted lemon juice to your skin area affected by acne spots and freckles.
- With this method, you can apply it several times per day without worrying about its intensity.
Note: Lemon juice is intensive in its nature, be careful to take it if you own sensitive skin. This may make your skin red or burnt a little bit.
Method 2: Combine lemon with manuka honey
Honey is also a source having a positive impact on your skin . So, if you want to improve your skin conditions fast, try mixing lemon with manuka honey to experience changes in your skin. This remedy is extremely effective if you are suffering from dry skin because honey acts as a natural that helps to provide enough moisture for your skin while lemon aids in providing enough vitamin C to your skin to make it clean and bright all the time.
- To take this treatment, you just need to mix lemon juice with manuka honey with the ratio 1:1.
- Then apply this solution on your face and your body if needed.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and then you wash it off thoroughly.
- Mix lemon with cucumber to make a mask for the skin
Cucumber is also a natural source that is really beneficial for the skin. And when it is mixed with lemon, this will create a perfect mask for your skin to help it stronger and brighter gradually. You just need to mix equal parts of lemon juice and cucumber juice. And then, apply it to your face and body skin to feel its fresh effect on your skin.
2. Fresh Cucumber
As introduced above, cucumber, when mixed with lemon, may bring about great changes in your skin. But cucumber may do more than that. Cucumber juice is commonly used for nourishing our skin. It offers a soothing effect that helps to fight skin irritations and reduce swelling. Also, cucumber aid in alleviating the pain due to sunburn and rejuvenating your skin . Towards skin, Korean women can discover some certain benefits of cucumber when it is applied to their skin.
- Cucumber helps to lighten dark circles
It is proven that cucumber is able to diminish the activity of dark circles very quickly but still safely. Loaded with the high amount of silica and antioxidants, cucumber is believed to fortify the process of fading your dark circles on your face.
- Cut it into equal slices and apply it to all over your face. Remember to pay special attention to the eyes areas.
- You can also smash the cucumber to take its extract, soak 2 cotton pads in cucumber juice, and apply it to your skin.
- Now it is time to relax with cucumber. Stay there for 20 minutes and do follow this process several times each week.
- Cucumber helps to fade away freckles
You should take a grated cucumber to apply for your skin if it is being affected with freckles. It is used as a tonic. When applied to your face and your neck, it may fade the appearance of freckles. Try using this remedy regularly.
- Cucumber may help to treat sunburn on the skin
Certainly, cucumber may help you to deal with sunburn efficiently. If you have realized that your skin is being burnt by the sun for a long time, then a cucumber will be the best solution for you. Cucumber owns cooling effect, which may help soothe the skin area affected by sunburn . Besides, it may fasten the healing process on your skin. You crush a cucumber and then mix it with milk well. Apply it directly to your face skin. You will gradually experience its cooling effect on your skin.
- Cucumber helps to tighten the open pores
Korean women also consider the cucumber as an excellent toner. They make use of it as often as possible to let it penetrate the skin deeply, helping to tighten the open pores fast. You can mix cucumber with apple cider vinegar, honey, some drops of lemon, tomato pulp, or aloe vera gel, or use it alone. It will immediately offer a strong effect on improving your skin health.
- Try combining cucumber with some mint leaves
While cucumber is known as a cooling agent for the skin, mint will help to increase skin elasticity. Both of them, when being combined, may create magic for the skin. The cleansing properties of these ingredients are undeniable, and that can make your skin become extremely soft and supple.
Now, for glowing skin, take these steps:
- Firstly, you prepare 4-5 fresh mint leaves and a clearly peeled and deseeded cucumber
- Crush both of the ingredients to make a puree
- Add an egg white to the mixture
- After that, you apply this natural mask to your face, wait for it for 20 minutes, wash it off with water, and pat it dry.
- Apply this method every day if possible.
3. Whiten Skin With Remedies From Tomato
It is true that tomato is an important ingredient in every kitchen, but moreover, it is also known as a booster of your skin’s health. Actually, whether you want to deal with large pores, reduce acne, soothe sunburn or recall the glow of dull skin, the tomato is beneficial enough to help you deal with all the skin problems completely. Tomato is worth among the best natural homemade beauty treatments.
There are many remedies using tomato as the main ingredient; you can take one of the following methods to apply to your skin.
Tomato facial mask for oily skin
- First, prepare one tomato, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 2 tablespoons of cucumber paste
- To start, you cut the tomato to get 2 equal halves, squeeze one-half to get its juice
- Mix tomato juice, honey, and cucumber paste well and apply the mixture directly to your face
- Let it sit there for 15-20 minutes, and then you wash it off with warm water.
Tomato cleansing masks for combination skin
- You will need one tomato and one avocado to make this mask
- Firstly, you need to cut the tomatoes into 2 halves and extract its juice in a bowl
- You crush the avocado and then take one tablespoon of avocado paste to mix with a tablespoon of tomato juice
- Now, apply the desired paste to your face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Use warm water to wash it off and pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
This tomato facial mask acts as a cleanser, especially for combination skin. So if you have combination skin, then this will be the best choice for you. Tomato is enriched with antiseptic and oil-removing properties, so it can definitely cleanse your skin well. At the same time, the hydrating components from avocado act as a tightener, making your skin become stronger. This kind of mask is also very beneficial for acne-prone skin. It will help to ward off excess oil in your skin and bring about a youthful look for your overall skin.
Tomato and olive oil face mask for dry skin
- You need to prepare one medium-sized tomato and one tablespoon of olive oil first
- Take a knife to cut tomato and extract its juice in a bowl
- You put the olive oil in tomato juice and mix them well
- Now, you apply this solution to your facial skin and wait for 15-20 minutes
- After the mask gets dry, you use warm water to remove it
- Then, you will see how moisturized and soft your skin gets after taking this method.
Mix tomato with lemon juice for normal skin
This facial mask is specially created for normal skin.
- Firstly, you need to wash your face carefully with clean water
- The next step is to make the mask by mixing 2 tablespoons of tomato juice with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Then you just need to spread this solution on your face using a clean cotton ball
- Let it sit there for 15-20 minutes, and when it gets dry, use warm water to rinse the mask off
- If you want to own bright skin and take the exfoliating benefits, you can add 1 tablespoon of oatmeal to the tomato mixture. Oatmeal will help to reject excessive oil as well as make your skin moisturized thoroughly.
- Tomato and sugar mask
Because of the grainy texture of sugar, sugar, when combined with tomato, may lighten your skin apparently. On the other hand, the tomato is enriched with acidic content, which will help to kill fungi and germs causing many skin problems.
- You need to prepare a ripe tomato and some sugar powder.
- Now, cut the tomato and put both tomato and a little sugar in a blender.
- Have them blended well for a while
- You will get the smooth mixture after that
- Apply this mixture directly to your skin using your fingertips or a clean cotton ball.
- After 45 minutes, you will rinse it off with cold water.
- Apply this treatment for some weeks
Facial pack with tomato and mint leaves
Tomatoes have a high content of antioxidants. Such antioxidants function as the shield to protect your skin from being attacked by dirt, bacteria, and germs. Protecting your skin from the negative impact from the surrounding is the priority in every skin care routine, including Korean’s. Besides, mint leaves contain strong antibacterial, cooling, and antifungal properties, which will help to make a perfect pack for your skin.
- Firstly, you crush fresh mint leaves and put some water into it to create a paste
- Add tomato puree to it
- Spread this kind of paste evenly on your face skin
- Let your skin absorb nutrients from this pack for at least 30 minutes, and remove it with cold water.
4. Let Turmeric Brighten Your Skin
The beauty benefits of turmeric are numerous. Turmeric has been a great ingredient in most the Asian women’ beauty treatments for a long time. They are mostly used in China and India and also in Korea. It is a factor in the Ayurvedic medical system. Maybe you not know that turmeric contains many properties beneficial for skin like curcumin . Besides, turmeric is also known as the source of antioxidant properties  that are widely used for skin rejuvenation. So it’s not strange to apply turmeric to mitigate your wrinkles and soften your skin along with giving your face a youthful look. The mask made from turmeric acts as an exfoliator and moisturizer, and it also helps to reduce acne effectively.
Turmeric face pack for healthy skin
- Firstly, you need to prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of milk (or plain yogurt), and 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- Take a bowl and put the turmeric in it
- After that, add milk and honey to the turmeric to make a firm paste
- Now, wash your face under running water to be sure all the makeup is removed
- Then, you apply the mixture to your face, but remember to avoid the eye
- Leave the mask there for 20 minutes to let it dry and then wash it with cool water.
- Dry your face with a cloth.
- After a few days, you can apply this method.
Make a mask from turmeric and tomato for bright skin
- Firstly, you need to prepare 1 tomato, some turmeric powder, 1 and a half tablespoon of flour, some unsweetened milk, and honey
- You wash your face thoroughly with fresh water
- Then you mix turmeric, flour, and milk to make a paste
- After that, you spread the mask all over your face in a circular motion
- With tomato, you deseed it and put a few drops of organic honey in it
- After putting the turmeric mask on your face, you gently massage the mixture of tomato and honey on your face.
Though it is quite messy to take this remedy, the result is worth it. Try it if possible; and you will feel the softness of your face clearly.
5. Combine Parsley, Honey And Lemon To Strengthen Your Skin
Parsley is a natural source well known for its function as a skin lightener. Applying it to the skin will help to fade the dark spots on face and treat acne well. Besides, parsley may help to heal blemishes effectively. So that is the reason why many Korean girls believe in this ingredient. Especially, when being combined with lemon, parsley will help to boost the health of skin impressively. By adding some honey in this treatment, its strong antibacterial properties will help to get rid of acne. If your skin is quite dry, then this treatment is the most suitable choice for you.
- To start the remedy, you have to prepare 1 head of fresh, organic parsley with a medium size, 2 teaspoons of raw honey, and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Soak parsley in warm water and chop it clearly,
- Now, you need to crush all the parsley in a pestle until it becomes like a paste
- Add lemon juice to the parsley
- Mix it with raw honey by using a pestle to get a paste
- Cleanse your face and carefully spread the mixture on your face
- After 15 minutes, you rinse the mask off and pat your skin dry
- You can apply this method on a few days basis.
6. Papaya Pack For Beautiful Skin
Papaya may also be a crucial part of Korean skin care secrets because of its positive effect on the skin. It is the kind of fruit with the rich content of vitamin A, E, C, and antioxidant properties . All of these beneficial elements may have a positive impact on the skin, specifically helping to hydrate your skin, ward off the acne, dark spots, and soften your skin. Moreover, it is also packed with alpha hydroxy acids, a natural exfoliant. Thanks to it, Korean girls can slow down aging process. By using this source of beauty treatment, it is certain that your skin will be improved gradually that make you surprised.
- Things to prepare are ¼ of a ripe papaya, some honey, a lemon
- Firstly, you chop the papaya into even slices
- Put all of them in a blender
- Put one tablespoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice in the papaya
- Let have them blended well until you get a fine paste
- Next, you wash your face carefully with clean water
- Apply the papaya mask to your face
- Leave it there for 15-20 minutes
- After that, wash it off with warm water
- You splash some cold water on your face
- You can apply this method one time per week.
To make it more effective, before applying this mask, you can steam your face first.
7. Ginseng – Greatest Korean Skin Care Secret
If you have heard about Korea, your mind will be covered with the image of ginseng. Korea is called the country of ginseng because it appears everywhere in people’ daily routine. In fact, ginseng is well-known for so many benefits, so Korean must be so proud to own such precious material. Ginseng is commonly used as a treatment for popular diseases, including Alzheimer's disease, cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, ect.   and as an immune system booster of Korean people. In this case, ginseng is considered a potent beauty treatment that most Korean women trust in to use for ancient times. The benefits of ginseng are that it may act as an anti-aging ingredient , a toner for skin, dark skin remover, etc.
There are many kinds of ginseng that may suit your skin, including American ginseng, Asiatic ginseng, and Siberian ginseng. Each of them has its own function, but in the end, it aims at improving your skin health and strength thoroughly.
To brighten your skin, you can try the extract of ginseng berry. To deal with wrinkles, you also can try it as a whitener for your skin. Besides, with its rich nutrients, you can make use of it to encourage skin regeneration, then you will see your skin will get the new appearance after a short time.
8. Buttermilk Or Unsweetened Milk – Must-Mention Korean Skincare Secret
Buttermilk is for drinking, everyone knows that. However, in fact, it may do more magical things. Buttermilk is all leftover of churned butter. Not like its name, the fat level in buttermilk is not high. It is naturally probiotic with rich content of lactic acid . You can find out this component in so many luxurious beauty products because of its flexible functions, e.g., softening, exfoliating, and brightening your skin. If you want to own gorgeous skin soon, try some of the remedies with buttermilk below.
- Take a bath with buttermilk: You need a cup of dried buttermilk to put in a hot bath. Add 15 drops of lavender oil in it. Then, relax in this bathing water for 10 minutes, and you will see your body skin gets softer than before.
- To deal with some problems on your skin such as dark spots on your face, you can try grinding some orange peel and mix it with buttermilk to create a paste. Apply this paste to your face daily and wash it off with warm water. After about 30 days, you will see significant changes in your skin.
- To bring about the youth for your skin, you can try mixing buttermilk, egg, and honey. The honey will act as a moisturizer and exfoliant while the egg will help to tighten your skin. With 3 simple ingredients, you can come back to many years ago with a youthful appearance.
9. Maintain Healthy Diet – The Key For Beauty From Inside Out
It is undeniable that the health of your skin mainly depends on your daily diet, besides the way you follow beauty treatments. In fact, such Korean skin care secrets may not take high effect unless you follow the right diet habit. This is considered the key to the beauty from the inside out. Also, dietary change may be a crucial aspect of the prevention of dermatitis and skin aging . Imagine that you have acne, you are trying to deal with it because you have to join an important meeting, but you still stay late and eat too much spicy food, this will worsen your situation. So the advice of Korean women for you is to practice diet routine wisely. You should absorb more green vegetables and foods with a high content of vitamin E, C, such as orange, papaya, etc. Keep far away from hot or oily foods. More importantly, you also need to keep your daily schedule reasonable. Sleep enough time and drink enough water, and your skin will have no reason not to be better.
From the Korean skin care secrets above with a specific beauty care process and a number of effective natural skin care remedies, you will be equipped with the basic steps to protect your skin from makeup effect and chemical cosmetics and maintain gorgeous skin look. Hopefully, with these skin care secrets, your skin condition will be improved and vitalized all the time. Finally, one last thing you should know is that Korean skin has its own characteristics, make sure that your skin is in the same situation before taking any method. And if your skin is quite sensitive, remember to test the remedy on your hand skin before applying it to your face.
The above list reveals the most outstanding Korean skin care secrets if you wish to get more useful tips about skin care and any relevant health solution, come and visit our main Skin Care page. For any further questions, please share them with us in the comment box.