Skin is a sensitive factor on your body. Every part of the body is covered by the skin, so it is very important to protect you from the toxins and from the outside items. As the consequence, it gets a higher risk of getting diseases more than other parts. Among them, dryness on the skin is very common and it causes several inconveniences, especially, it affects to your beauty and confidence. There are a lot of reasons that cause dry skin including the mild weather, sun expose, hot showers, etc. In this article, Effectiveremedies.com shows you top 29 DIY solutions for making the natural homemade moisturizer for dry skin on face and body. Hopefully, you will read and find out the most useful remedies for your dry skin problem.
Top 29 DIY Solutions For Making The Natural Homemade Moisturizer For Dry Skin
Milk has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that can eliminate itchy and dry skin. Moreover, milk contains the lactic acid that can moisturize your skin and remove dead skin cells as well as lighten the skin complexion perfectly.
- Arrange some cold milk and soak the washcloth in it.
- Place the cloth on dry skin for 5 minutes.
- Then you wash off the face by soaking another cloth in the lukewarm water.
- Do it every other day.
- Mix some tablespoons of the milk with some drops of rose water.
- Rub the mixture on dry skin.
- Leave this mixture for 10 minutes before taking a bath.
- You can do this solution twice per day.
See More: Face Mask for Dry Skin
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
Honey is a well-known moisturizer for dry skin due to its humectants, antimicrobial, antioxidant properties. The ingredient can make your skin smooth, soft and supply the essential minerals, vitamins to improve skin beauty and make your skin more glowing.
- You take some pure honey and rub it over the body.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and take a bath.
- Do it every day to have a moisturized skin.
- Prepare the equal amount of olive oil, beeswax, and honey.
- Now you melt the beeswax in a pan with the low heat.
- Turn off the heat and mix it with the olive oil and honey.
- Apply the mixture on your body for 10 minutes.
- Take a bath then.
- You can do it every day or every other day, it depends on your dry skin status.
Read more: How To Get A Glowing Skin
Yogurt is not only a great snack for everyone, but it is also a good ingredient for skin care. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can soothe itchy and dry skin successfully. The lactic acid in yogurt also fights bacteria and germs that cause itchiness and dryness on the skin. You can use yogurt to take care of your skin as the following ways:
- Take some yogurt and apply it on legs, face, and hands.
- Massage gently into dry skin for 10 minutes.
- Take a shower.
- Do it once daily to get the best result.
- Mix some tablespoons of papaya with a cup of yogurt.
- Stir with some drops of lemon juice and honey.
- Apply the mixture on the skin for 10 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Do it once per week.
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil includes fatty acids & useful antioxidants that are very good for skin & health care.
This ingredient will be an excellent moisturizer for dry skin and you can do one of the following options:
- Simply you take some extra virgin olive oil and dab a thin layer of the oil on your skin. Do it regularly.
- Rub a thin layer of olive oil on dry skin, massage gently.
- Leave it for 30 minutes before taking a shower.
- Mix some brown sugar with olive oil.
- Rub the mixture on the affected skin.
- Gently massage for some minutes before taking a bath.
- Then you can use a light moisturizer.
5. Milk Cream
Milk cream contains lactic acid, which exfoliate excellently your dry skin. It also has the soothing property that can preserve the pH levels as well as moisturize your skin very well. Here are some ways you can apply at home:
- Combine some teaspoons of milk cream, a teaspoon of milk, and some drops of lemon juice.
- Rub the mixture on the legs and hands.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before taking a shower.
- Do it once every day.
- Mix some tablespoons of gram flour and milk cream a good paste.
- Apply it on the legs, hands, and face.
- Leave this mixture for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with the lukewarm water.
- Do it once daily.
6. Coconut Oil
The same as olive oil, coconut oil is a perfect moisturizer for dry skin due to its fatty acids. Here are some homemade solutions for your dry skin:
- Warm the coconut oil and apply it on the body before sleeping at night.
- Wash off in the morning.
- Do it every day to get a smooth and soft skin.
- After taking a shower, you can apply some coconut oil over the body.
- Do it once per day.
You can use oatmeal to make delicious dishes for your family and you entirely can take it to take care of your dry skin. The reason is that oatmeal contains protein to moisturize skin, prevent water loss on the skin, and protect your skin from other damages. In addition, oatmeal includes antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can improve skin health gradually.
- Prepare a bathtub with warm water.
- Put a cup of oatmeal in the water.
- Add some drops of lavender oil and soak in the bath water for 15-30 minutes.
- Do it once per week.
- Mix a cup of oatmeal with mashed ripe banana.
- Add some lukewarm milk if necessary.
- Apply the mixture on the skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Do the mask once weekly.
Avocado is a valuable fruit for health and the skin because of the antioxidants, vitamins, and fatty acids in it. It is high in vitamin A that can repair and improve your skin really well. The ways to use avocado for taking care of the dry skin are:
- Mash an avocado smoothly.
- Then rub the paste on the dry skin.
- You leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Do this method once every day.
- Mix some mashed avocado with some pure honey.
- Stir well and apply the mixture on the affected skin for 15 minutes before washing off with water.
- Apply the paste once or twice per week.
- Do not overdo that mask.
- You can make the avocado smoothie to drink every day.
- It will keep your skin moisturized and hydrated perfectly.
9. Almond Oil
To find an excellent moisturizer for dry skin, you cannot neglect almond oil, which is high in vitamin E. The ingredient has the full antioxidant property that can help moisturize your skin and keep it hydrated. How to use almond oil for the dry skin?
- Take some almond oil and warm it up.
- Apply the oil on the dry skin and massage it gently.
- Leave this mixture for 30 minutes before taking a bath.
- You can apply a light moisturizer after having a shower.
- Do the solution once daily.
- Have a cup of warm milk with a teaspoon of almond oil.
- Drink it before sleeping.
- Do it every day to have a strong and healthy skin.
10. Aloe Vera
Being good in antifungal, antiseptic, and soothing properties, aloe vera is a perfect ingredient to soothe irritated and dry skin. The ingredient can moisturize your skin very well, so you can follow this treatment to get rid of the dry skin shortly and naturally.
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf.
- Then, you apply the gel on the dry skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Do it twice every day.
- Mix coconut oil with some aloe vera gel as a great homemade moisturizer.
- Place the mixture on the dry skin and leave this mixture for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
- You can store the remaining paste on the jar and take it away from the light.
11. Grapeseed Oil
Grapeseed oil is from the seeds of the grapes and it is high in vitamin C, which is a necessary vitamin for your dry skin. The oil can decrease the fine lines and moisturize the dry skin very well. Simply,
- Warm some grapeseed oil.
- Apply it on dry skin and gently massage it.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes before washing off with water.
- Do it once per day.
12. Sunflower Oil
If you do not want to use the above oils, sunflower oil might be your choice to get rid of the dry skin. Using sunflower oil is a great experience to beautify your skin and here is the way to use sunflower oil for skin health.
- Take some pure sunflower oil.
- Warm it up, rub on the affected area, and massage it gently.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- You can do it every day.
- You also can apply the oil before sleeping and wash off in the next morning.
13. Shea Butter
If your feel terrible because of your dry skin in the winter, you should lean on a new remedy for healing it – Shea butter. This ingredient is thick, and creamy that can moisturize your skin as well as protect your skin from the wind and sun. Here is the method to use Shea butter for your dry skin:
- Apply some Shea butter on heels, feet, hands, face, and any dry part of the body.
- Leave it through the night.
- Wash off in the morning.
- Do it once every day to get the best effect.
14. Argan Oil
Argan oil is extracted from the Argan tree and it is found in Morocco. Gradually, this tree is cultivated in many countries and women use it to take care of hair, skin, and makeup. This oil has antioxidants, nutrients that can neutralize the free radicals from the skin. It also reduces the risk of getting inflammation and aging on your skin well.
- You can apply some argan oil on the affected regions.
- If possible, wear the socks on feet and gloves on your hands.
- Leave it over the night and sleep well.
- Rinse off with water in the next morning.
- You can do it every night before sleeping.
15. Jojoba Oil
Similar to other remedies, jojoba oil is a natural moisturizer for dry skin you should apply. This ingredient can work very well for sensitive skin, get rid of the pores, soften the skin, rejuvenated the dry skin, reduce the fine lines, and make the skin look supple.
- Mix a teaspoon of jojoba oil with mashed avocado.
- Put it in the bowl and mix it well.
- Apply on the face, neck for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Mix some drops of geranium, rosewood essential oil, and some jojoba oil.
- Apply the mixture on dry skin every night.
- Rinse off with water in the next morning.
See more: Vitamins for dry skin in winter
16. Sesame Oil
Sesame oil is great in vitamin E and vitamin A, which are vital vitamins for the dry skin. this oil also improves the skin regeneration, reduce rough skin, reduce the fine lines, wrinkles, and against the UV damage. Moreover, the oil also can refine and cleanse the pores as well as block the damage from free radicals. Sesame oil is also high in palmitic acids, stearic acids, and linoleic acids to moisturize the skin perfectly.
- Mix some sesame oil with almond oil or castor oil.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin.
- Gently massage and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
17. Apricot Kernel Oil
Apricot oil has fatty acids, vitamins, and emollients that can soften and smooth your dry skin. This ingredient will improve the skin complexion as well as reduce the acne very well. The oil can soothe the flaky skin, make your skin supple, reduce the fine lines, improve elasticity, and clarity of the skin. It is a light moisturizer for dry skin and it can rehydrate the dry skin. Here is the way to use apricot kernel oil for your dry skin.
- Warm up some apricot kernel oil.
- Rub on dry skin and massage it gently.
- Leave it for 30 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
Recommended reading: Removing ance scars naturally with 35 best tips
Papaya is a perfect moisturizer for dry skin as it can get rid of the rough, dry skin as well as fade out the fine lines, pores, and acnes. Here is the way to use papaya for healing dry skin:
- Mash an avocado and a half of a papaya ripe.
- Stir well and rub the mixture on dry skin for 15 minutes before washing off with water.
- You should apply the pasta twice per week to get a smooth and soft skin.
- You prepare a teaspoon of oatmeal powder, a teaspoon of honey, a mashed papaya ripe, a cooked peach, and some teaspoons of mashed strawberry.
- Mix all the ingredients together and stir them well.
- Then rub the mixture on dry skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Then pat it dry and you can apply a light moisturizer on it.
19. Egg Yolks
You have heard that egg is an excellent ingredient to get rid of acne and improve skin complexion, but they might forget that egg yolk is a great moisturizer for dry skin.
- Combine some egg yolks with a teaspoon of milk powder, a teaspoon of honey.
- Stir them well and rub the mixture on the affected skin for 20 minutes.
- After that, you rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Do it twice weekly to feel the difference on your skin.
Cucumber mask is a safe and simple ingredient in taking care of your dry skin. It brings a significant benefit to healing the dryness on the skin as it moisturizes your skin and enhances your skin tone.
- Simply, you cut a cucumber into the thin slices.
- Put them on the face for 30 minutes before washing with water.
- Do the remedy every day to get rid of dry skin naturally.
Learn more: Home Remedies For Whitening The Skin
Do you know the advantages of banana to your skin and hair? Excellently, this fruit is very useful for your dry skin.
- Specifically, you blend a banana and rub it on the skin for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- You also can use the banana skin instead of using the inside.
- Banana skin will reduce the inflammation, soften your skin, and make your skin smooth.
- You combine a mashed of banana and some teaspoons of plain yogurt.
- Stir well and rub on the face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Now you have a soft and clean skin.
Turmeric is a good ingredient for skin, especially when you mix it with other ingredients.
- You can mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder, a teaspoon of milk cream, and some drops of lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture well then you put it on the face, gently massage, and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Massage it 5 minutes more and rinse off with warm water.
Carrot is not only a healthy fruit for everyone, but it is a valuable moisturizer for dry skin. This fruit is high in vitamin A, which is a necessary vitamin for your skin, can improve your skin tone, and remove dead skin cells very well.
- You can cut a carrot into the different slices.
- Soak them in the cold water.
- Then rub the carrot slices on the face.
- You also can blend the carrot to place on dry skin.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before washing off with warm water.
Read more: Useful Remedies For Lightening Your Skin
Mayonnaise contributes to the foods to make delicious recipes and it also can help you moisturize your skin very well.
- Now you get some teaspoons of mayonnaise and a teaspoon of baby oil.
- Mix the ingredients well and stir it.
- Place the mixture on the skin and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Then you wash off with warm water.
- You should do it twice per week.
Read more: Natural Treatments For Tightening Skin
25. Vitamin E
In order to improve your skin health, you can combine vitamin E with yogurt to make a good paste for your dry skin.
- You should have some teaspoons of yogurt, a teaspoon of honey, some teaspoons of cooked oatmeal, and a vitamin E capsule.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Then rub the mask on dry skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Pat it dry and apply a thin moisturizer for your skin.
Vaseline is another excellent moisturizer for dry skin because it can create a barrier between the cells in the skin, which locks the recovery process of the skin. This ingredient is very useful in protecting the dry skin, burns, scrapes, minor cuts, and cracked skins. It also reduces the dry lines and fine lines, and fights the dryness on the skin very well.
- You take some Vaseline and apply it on dry skin to moisturize the skin as well as eliminate the ashy appearance.
- Before sleeping, you can apply some Vaseline on hands, feet and wear the gloves and stocks for them. Wash with the water in the next morning.
27. Glycerin Oil
Glycerin is a compound of hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon. It is an odorless, colorless, and thick liquid with the sweet taste. This ingredient can be used to treat acne, dry skin, blackhead, and wrinkles, lighten your skin, cure cracked heels, remove scars, and protect your skin from the sun expose. To use glycerin as a good moisturizer, you can follow this solution:
- Take 1 tablespoon of glycerin oil and 8 tablespoons of fresh water.
- Mix them well and apply it on the affected skin before sleeping at night.
- Wash off in the next morning.
- You can mix some glycerin oil and fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture at night before sleeping.
- Wash off with the water in the next morning.
- Do it every day to soften and moisturize your skin well.
Potato is one of the best foods for health and you can use it to take care of the dry skin with the following direction:
- Firstly, you boil a potato with the boiling water.
- Then you mash it well, and add a teaspoon of honey, an egg yolk, and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix them well and apply the mixture on dry skin for 20 minutes.
- Wash with the warm water.
Water is vital for our lives as well as keeps your skin smooth, moisturized. Adults should drink at least 8 glasses of water each day to maintain the energy as well as provide enough water for skin health. You know that every part of the body needs water to live, and your skin is not an exception, it needs water to live, needs water to be stronger and healthier. If the fresh water is not attractive enough, you can supply more water by eating more vegetables, fruits, as well as fluids on your diet.
If you want to get more tips and tricks on skin care, you can visit our main Skin Care page to update. After viewing the writing about the natural homemade moisturizer for dry skin, I think that you have got the best and fullest information about the ways to take care of your skin effectively at home. To have any question, you might leave it as a comment as below.