Dark inner thighs are common problems for both women and men. This trouble even affects those who have fair skin. Several common causes include excessive sweating or friction between the thighs, use of chemical enriched products, exposure to harmful ultraviolet sunrays, side effects of certain medications, using or shaving other bikini hair removal methods, diabetes or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and a hormonal imbalance. There are many safe and natural ways to lighten your skin. In order to resolve this problem, here EffectiveRemedies.com mentioned 35 useful tips on how to lighten your dark inner thighs naturally without side effective. To understand more, you should keep reading this article.
- How to whiten skin fast & naturally at home
- Natural home remedies for fair skin fast
- How to get beautiful skin on face & body naturally
35 Best Tips On How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs Naturally
1. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs Using Lemon
Lemon is not only useful in losing weight but also effective in lightening the dark inner thighs
One of the useful tips on how to lighten your dark inner thighs naturally is using lemon. According to the website of True Activist, ordinary chlorine of households can be swapped by lemon juice. The lemon juice helps bleach out stains from fabrics as well as make them become whiter. This means that lemons have that bleaching property, which has been applied as one of the uses and benefits on the skin as well. The acidic property present in lemon acts as one natural bleaching factor for dark skin. In addition, the rich vitamin C content promotes new cell growth and also is very great for your skin complexion. Lemon juice also tightens pores and reduces sebum secretion due to its natural astringent properties. Here are some methods you can choose:
Method 1: Pure Lemon
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- Cut a lemon into 2 halves and next squeeze out the juice.
- Then, gently dab the lemon juice on all the dark parts of skin between thighs. People who have sensitive skin must dilute it with some water first.
- After that, wash this lemon juice out using water after around 15-20 minutes
- Lastly, apply a moisturizer.
- Use this treatment around 2-3 times per week till the dark spots have completely healed.
Method 2: Lemon juice, rose water and glycerin pack
- Firstly, mix one tablespoon each of glycerin and lemon juice and then add 5 drops of rose water.
- Now mix the ingredients well and thereafter apply the pack on the dark inner thighs.
- Keep the pack to work entire night and in the morning wash it off using warm water.
- Repeat this home treatment daily until you have gained the desired results.
Regular exfoliation of the dead skin cells is really necessary in order to lighten the complexion of the dark thighs. Exfoliating also leaves your skin supple and soft as well. For exfoliation, oatmeal is considered as one of the greatest ingredients you can use. Oatmeal contains anti-inflammatory properties and is an ideal choice for most types of skin. It also has saponins- a mild cleansing agent. In addition, oatmeal helps get rid of dead skin cells and treats eczema, acne, rosacea, and rashes. The symptoms of aging skin can be removed by oatmeal. Furthermore, oatmeal helps repair damage from other chemicals, including surfactants, alpha hydroxy acids, and bleaches. Finally, it helps calm the skin and reduce pore size. How to lighten your dark inner thighs naturally with oatmeal? Here are a few methods for you to select:
Method 1: Oatmeal, yogurt, and lemon juice paste
- The first step is to combine 1 teaspoon each of freshly squeezed lemon juice, oatmeal powder, and yogurt.
- Then, apply the paste to the inner thighs.
- Let the paste enough time dry and after this, wash it off using warm water.
Method 2: Oatmeal plus tomato juice paste
- Take two tablespoons of oatmeal powder.
- Next add a little tomato juice to create a paste.
- Gently massage the paste all over the black parts of inner thighs.
- After twenty minutes, add some water to wet this paste and then gently scrub with your hands.
- End with splashing cold water on your area until this paste get washed off.
- You should follow the steps above about 2-3 times weekly until you have obtained desirable results.
Method 3: Oatmeal, turmeric, and lemon juice paste
- First of all, take one teaspoon of oatmeal powder.
- Next add lemon juice (3-5 drops) followed by one pinch of turmeric powder.
- Now apply the resulting paste on your darkened parts of inner thighs.
- After 20 minutes, wash it off.
- Follow the steps about 2-3 times a week for best results.
Plus, you can also use oatmeal as a natural remedy for removing stretch marks
3. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs Using Aloe Vera
Another way on how to lighten your dark inner thighs naturally is using aloe vera . Aloe vera has nourishing and antioxidant properties helping repair your skin plus encourage skin rejuvenation. Also, it can even relieve hyperpigmentation, restore the skin’s original color, and fade dark skin patches. Besides, aloe vera has a compound known as Aloesin which prevents the tyrosinase activity and manages melanin production in your skin. You can use aloe vera as follows:
- Obtain a fresh leaf of aloe vera and squeeze it out to extract its gel.
- Now directly massage the gel on the darkened parts of inner thighs.
- Keep the gel on your skin for around 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off using warm water.
- You had better repeat this process two times daily till these dark spots have been removed fully.
- First, mix aloe vera gel (2 tablespoons) with almond oil (a few drops).
- Massage your inner thighs using the mixture till it gets absorbed into your skin.
- Allow it on for twenty minutes thereabout and after that, rinse your skin using water.
- Repeat this home treatment two times daily for best results.
See more: Top 32 Tips On How To Whiten Skin Fast & Naturally At Home
Since ancient times, yogurt has been used on the skin for beauty benefits. Applying yogurt for skin is still appreciated in India as it can alleviate pimples and acne. Even Cleopatra was well known for her sour milk baths, which kept her skin youthful and glowing. Owning to its lactic acid, yogurt is one very gentle bleaching agent which can lighten the color of the inner thighs. Additionally, its zinc content fights sunburn. Yogurt also contains calcium that is important for the skin. Moreover, Yogurt is rich in B12, B5, and vitamin B2 (riboflavin). A cup of yogurt provides 20 to 30 % of the daily suggested value of riboflavin. Riboflavin is also essential for cell growth as well as regeneration and helps to keep the skin hydrated and glowing. Vitamin B5 aids in facilitating the creation of healthy fats in the cells. How to lighten your dark inner thighs with yogurt? Just follow detailed instructions:
Method 1: Plain yogurt
- Simply, apply some plain yogurt all over the areas of inner thighs that are affected by dark spots.
- Leave it to work in for fifteen minutes and after that rinse it off using warm water.
- It is recommended to repeat this process one time daily until you alleviate the darkened thighs.
Method 2: Yogurt and lemon juice paste
- First of all, cut a lemon into 2 halves and next squeeze out its juice.
- Then, add in plain yogurt (1 tablespoon) and thoroughly blend to obtain a fine paste.
- If you want, you can pour in a teaspoon each of gram flour and turmeric.
- Apply this paste to the parts of your inner thighs afflicted with dark patches.
- After 20 minutes, wash the paste off.
- Repeat the process three times each week to remove dark inner thighs completely.
5. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs With Baking Soda
You also should not skip natural remedy using baking soda. Baking soda can improve the dark complexion of the inner thighs. It acts as an exfoliating agent to get rid of darkened and sun-damaged skin cells. Baking soda is amphoteric, which has the ability to work as either basic or acidic. Due to this property, yogurt is useful in counteracting the acidic PH of your skin contributing to acne formation. Also, it contains small gritty granules making it possible to gently scrub your soft skin on the face with no causing injury. It calms irritation and kills bacteria thanks to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. How to lighten your dark inner thighs with baking soda? Here are detailed directions:
Method 1: Baking soda plus milk paste
- Firstly, combine one tablespoon each of milk and baking soda.
- You can also add some honey to this paste and thoroughly stir till well blended.
- Now apply this resulting mixture to the thighs and then massage it in the gentle circular motions.
- After that, rinse it off after ten minutes or so.
- It is recommended to repeat the process three times weekly for best results.
Method 2: Pure baking soda paste
- The first step is to combine baking soda (3 tablespoons) with water (1 tablespoon).
- Then, apply this mixture on the darkened parts of inner thighs.
- Keep it to work for ten minutes and thereafter wash it off by using water.
- Follow this process 2 to 3 times daily until you have achieved the desired results.
Additionally, baking soda is also one of the best home remedies for scars removal.
General speaking, the natural bleaching property present in cucumbers can help lighten the dark inner thighs. Additionally, several components of cucumbers help remove dead skin cells and repair skin cells. The soothing nature of this fruit suits all skin types. Cucumber juice treats skin problems such as acne, oily skin, dry skin, and pigmentation and maintains skin from any damages. How to lighten your dark inner thighs naturally? Follow these methods:
Method 1: Cucumber slices
- Firstly, cut thin slices from the fresh cucumber.
- Next place these slices on the parts of inner thighs.
- Then, remove the slice after around 10 to 15 minutes and rinse the skin using water.
- You should do this method 1-2 times daily till the dark spots clear.
Method 2: Cucumber, turmeric, lemon juice and sandalwood paste
- The first step is to grate one peeled cucumber to gain a fine paste.
- To one tablespoon of this cucumber paste, add lemon juice (1 tablespoon) followed by half teaspoon each of turmeric and sandalwood powder.
- Now apply this mixture on the inner thighs and allow it on for around 15-20 minutes prior to washing it off using warm water.
- Repeat this method once daily till these dark inner thighs lighten.
See more: 36 Tips On How To Get Lighter Skin Tone Fast & Naturally At Home
7. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs With Coconut Oil
Another remedy on how to lighten your dark inner thighs is applying coconut oil. Coconut oil helps lighten hyperpigmentation plus revitalizes the skin. Moreover, its moisturizing and antioxidant properties help you maintain soft as well as younger-looking skin. Coconut is also loaded with fatty acids that assist you in losing weight. Plus lauric acid found in it can kill bacteria, fungi, and viruses. A research concludes that this oil is a safe and useful moisturizer for treating dry skin. Moreover, it’s rich in healthy acids such as capric, lauric, caprylic, and myristic acid. Regular use of this oil will condition and hydrate your dull skin. Follow these steps:
- First off, mix coconut oil (3 tablespoons) and lemon juice (1 tablespoon).
- Now apply this mixture on the inner thighs and gently massage for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wait another five minutes and then rinse it off using warm water.
- Use this process every other day.
8. Orange Peels
Orange peels have vitamin C that acts as one natural bleaching agent. Every 100 gms of orange peels have 136 milligrams of this vitamin. The benefits of vitamin C are to combat free radicals and add to your skin a glowing shine. In addition, they have exfoliating properties that help remove damaged or dead skin cells. Plus, they also contain calcium that contributes in preventing DNA damage and refurbishing worn out skin cells. Moreover, orange peels are a powerful source of dietary fiber, especially pectin. Research indicates that drying orange peels absolutely lifts the production of pectin. Here are easy and simple steps to use orange peels:
- Scrub off the paste gently with your wet hands and after this, rinse the area by using cold water.
- Now put 2 teaspoons of this powder in one bowl and then add sufficient rose water to create a thick paste.
- Put orange peels (1 cup) in the sun for some days to dry out.
- Then, grind those dried peels into one powder.
- After that, mix in some honey.
- Now apply this paste on the inner thighs and keep for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- You should repeat 2 or 3 times per week.
9. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs Using Almonds
Using almonds are also one of the best solutions to lighten the dark inner thighs. Almonds help brighten the skin tone due to its vitamin E. You can use both almond oil and almonds to keep your skin healthy and maintain an even tone. Here are some methods on how to lighten your dark inner thighs with almonds:
- Prepare a paste with coarsely powdered almonds (around 1 to 2 tablespoons) and 1 tablespoon each of honey and milk powder.
- Now apply it on your darkened thighs.
- Let it dry and then rub off this paste using your wet fingers with circular motions.
- Rinse your skin using cold water afterwards.
- Do this method 2 to 4 times per week.
- Soak a couple of almonds in water whole night.
- Grind the almonds into one paste in the morning.
- Then, add some honey to this paste and now apply it on the thighs.
- Wait about 10 to 15 minutes and then scrub off the paste gently using wet hands.
- Using cold water rinse your thighs.
- Do this method once or twice per week.
- Also, you can massage your thighs using warm almond oil for around 5 minutes daily prior to going to bed.
See more: Top 27 Best Natural Home Remedies For Lighter Skin Fast
Turmeric  prevents melanin production, thus, you can use this spice to keep an even skin tone and treat skin discoloration. Turmeric contains free radicals that can decrease skin pigmentation and thereby making turmeric a good antioxidant. Antioxidants found in turmeric contain cleansing properties that help remove the body from the free radicals. The skin cells begin functioning well and are removed by oxidative stress as these toxins are eased from the body. How to lighten your dark inner thighs with turmeric? Just follow these directions:
- Mix some turmeric powder with one teaspoon of milk cream.
- Gently rub it on your inner thighs.
- Allow it to dry prior to rinsing it off using lukewarm water.
- It is recommended to use this remedy once every day.
- Mix turmeric powder (1 to 2 teaspoons) with enough orange juice to create a paste.
- Now apply it on the dark inner thighs and keep it on for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the paste using warm water.
- Repeat this process once daily.
11. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs Using Curd And Lemon
Using curd and lemon is a great remedy for lightening your dark inner thighs because curd has a lot of benefits for the skin. Curd helps moisturize your area while lemon assists lighten it. It contains whitening and acidic properties that keep infections at bay. This pack helps lighter the skin tone and makes it supple and moisturized. Lemon helps add the beautiful fragrance on your skin. Here are easy steps to use this combination:
- Take slightly sour curd (1 tablespoon) and squeeze half one lemon into it.
- Then, add a pinch of turmeric and gram flour to the mixture.
- Now apply on the dark inner thighs and let it dry.
- Gently scrub off with circular motions and if needed use plain water.
12. Sugar, Honey, And Lemon
Sugar is a natural exfoliator which helps remove dead skin cells from your area. Honey helps moisturize your skin and lemon decreases pigmentation. How to lighten your dark inner thighs with the combination of sugar, honey, and lemon? Here are detailed instructions:
- Mix honey (1 tablespoon) with juice from half one lemon and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Apply this paste of your inner thighs and scrub gently in circular motions until sugar disappears.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and after that wash it off using water.
13. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs With Sandalwood And Cucumber
Cucumber and sandalwood are natural cooling agents that soothe the tender skin of your inner thighs. Sandalwood helps in shrinking the skin pores and preventing aging wrinkles. When mixing sandalwood with other natural elements, then it helps to remove impurities from your skin and improve complexion as well. Sandalwood powder will curb the excess oil secreted by the skin.
- Peel and grate one cucumber and next add sandalwood powder (1 tablespoon) to it. Then, add lemon juice and now mix well.
- After that, apply on the inner thighs and leave it to stay until it dries off.
- Finally, wash it off.
14. Oats, Curd, And Honey
This combination is also one of the best tips on how to lighten your dark inner thighs naturally. Oats help exfoliate your skin while honey contains anti-bacterial properties and curd makes it smooth. Using this pack helps in providing overall benefits to your inner thigh area. Aside from this, oats can help you get beautiful hair and hair. Just follow these easy steps:
- Take 1 tablespoon of oats and next add sour curd in this. Then add some drops of honey.
- Now apply the thick paste on your inner thighs and gently scrub the area.
- Wash off after some minutes afterwards and pat dry.
See more: 34 Best Tips On How To Get Beautiful Skin On Face & Body Naturally
15. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs – Tomato And Potato Juice With Honey
The juices work as natural bleaching agents yet the juice of tomato and potato is best for sensitive skin. Potatoes are a powerful source of vitamin C, iron, and riboflavin. The raw potatoes juice can tighten up your pores and also give anti-ageing benefits. Potato is also a good choice for those suffering from acne issues because it soothes and reduces acne breakouts and prevents scarring. In addition, its juice contains natural bleaching property and lightens and gets rid of stubborn tan from the skin and improves your complexion as well. Honey will soothe your inner thigh area. Here are detailed guides that you can follow:
- Peel half potato and next grate it. Then add tomato juice to this and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- After this, apply the mixture on your inner thighs and leave it to dry.
- Finally, wash off using plain water.
16. Aloe Vera And Vitamin E Oil Pack
Hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration both are often caused due to free radical damage. Luckily, pure vitamin E oil can help to neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals to the skin. Thus, you can this oil as a great home remedy to lighten dark inner thighs. How to lighten your dark inner thighs with this pack? Here is an easy method for you to try.
- Take the gel or pulp of aloe vera and next add a few drops of vitamin E oil to it.
- Then, apply this mixture on the inner thighs.
- Leave it to dry for some minutes. Once dry, you wash with water.
- The pack can be used two times per day, but ensure that you don’t use it too often.
17. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs Using Tomatoes
Tomatoes are considered as one of the best natural cures for making skin young and glowing. Tomatoes contain natural whitening and bleaching properties that lighten skin. In addition, it contains astringent properties and is high in vitamin C that makes it good for dealing with black skin, especially for people suffering from the oily or acne-prone skin. Moreover, it contains a natural acidic composition that balances skin pH to inhibit excessive oil and make it become look bright. Besides, it contains anti-oxidant properties which combat against free radicals, keeping the skin look younger. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to lighten your dark inner thighs with tomatoes:
- Prepare one paste of tomato.
- Then rub it on your inner thighs for five minutes and finally wear it on your skin for 20 minutes.
- This will lighten your dark inner thighs and leave them to look fair.
18. Pure Emu Oil, Shea Butter And Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is very beneficial for the skin due to its antioxidant properties and also aids in repairing skin from the damage caused by pollution, sun exposure, stress, etc.
The method is:
- Take 100% pure vitamin E oil, Shea butter, and pure Emu oil and next mix them together in one large container.
- Melt the Shea butter and later add the vitamin E and Emu oils in it together to form one cream-like base by.
- Now apply the cream at night after you take a shower and in the mornings for one week.
19. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs – Cucumber Juice And Potato Juice
Cucumber and potato both are skin lighteners that work on your dark skin area nicely. In fact, a potato is used in a lot of beauty treatments to remove the darkness under your eye area and also for the dark spots on your face. For best result, you can use them as follows:
- Take some cucumber juice and some potato juice.
- Next mix them and then massage your dark inner thigh area using this mixture. Keep this for overnight.
- You can wear short while you sleep so that this mixture doesn’t get wiped off or wear one skirt but not trousers or pyjama.
20. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs – Baking Soda And Apple Cider Vinegar
Baking soda works as an exfoliant that gets rid of the cellular damage in your darkened skin. Regular application of the baking soda & apple cider vinegar will make your skin become whiter, shinier and softer. It also has anti – fungal, anti – bacterial, anti – inflammatory and antiseptic properties that ease all the infection on your skin together with its scars. Additionally, it works as good oil – absorbing agent in order to clear excess oil. Furthermore, it inhibits the development of clogged pores and evens your skin tone. It absorbs the excess oil to help deeply cleanse skin.
The method is:
- Mix the two ingredients to make a paste and then apply the mixture on the washed underarms as well as inner thighs.
- Let it dry and after that using cold water to wash it off after some time. Continue this method for a week.
21. Wash Your Thighs Carefully When You Bath
As you take baths you usually do not remember to properly clean the knees, elbows, your inner thighs, and neck that leads to accumulation of dead skin and dirt which makes the skin parts appear dark. Thus, when showing you must remember to use a soap plus sponge to get rid of skin impurities from the thighs and make it become appear fair. Use good brand chemical free soap on your skin to prevent rashes, dry and dark skin.
See more: Top 35 Natural Beauty Tips For Glowing Skin At Home
22. Apply Moisturizing Creams To The Thighs
You should apply vitamin E moisturizing lotions or creams to your legs, face and hands as well. After use of scrubs or after having a shower there is a requirement to give skin with extra moisture. Baths and scrubbing remove the dirt and moisturizing oils from the skin making it rough, dry, and dark. Therefore do not just moisturize face, but also the neck, knees, elbows, inner thighs to inhibit it from darkening. Providing moisture will always keep the skin smooth, silky as well as baby soft.
23. Use An Exfoliator To Get Rid Of The Hard Stuck Impurities
Generally, scrubbing is one good step for removing the dead skin cells from the skin. The cause of the skin darkness is the layers of the dead cells that are present on the inner thighs. As you exfoliate the layer is removed and the fresh skin comes to the top making skin look fair. Thus to remove of dark skin on the inner thighs exfoliate twice a week using a good skin cleanser.
24. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs – Avoid Wearing Rough Jeans
The rough material of your jeans rubs against the thighs that result in skin irritation. Thus, rubbing of the hard cloth material can result in rashes as well as darkening of the skin. In fact, wear comfortable clothes to hold skin safe from problems.
25. How To Lighten Your Dark Inner Thighs – Use Fairness Creams On The Thighs
Aside from using moisturizing lotions and scrubs, there is a requirement for you to use skin lightening creams to the knees and inner thighs as well. These fairness creams contain essential vitamin C, peptides, enzymes, and compounds helping to make fair and glowing. Use a famous brand fairness cream and regularly apply it for one month to remove dark thigh skin quickly.
26. A Healthy Diet
A healthy diet is also a great tip to lighten your dark inner thighs. A balanced and healthy diet will help you have a beautiful skin tone. Additionally, good nutrition will help inhibit all diseases kinds, from cholesterol to obesity. Basically, this will inhibit the problem of cellulite as well as stretch marks on the thighs that can be caused because of accumulation of fats under the skin. Remember to eat vegetables and fruits daily and drink 2 liters of water a day. You should avoid fried foods, salt, sugar, and bad fats.
To get more about natural home remedies for other conditions and diseases relating to skin, go to our main Skin Care page. After reading this post of 35 best ways on how to lighten your dark inner thighs naturally, I hope that it can assist you in finding out the best method to own beautiful skin naturally and fast. However, this article is only for the informational purpose, thereby, you should consult your doctor before using any at home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below. Also, you can share your experience with us if you know any other tips on how to lighten your dark inner thighs naturally.