Acne is one of the most common skin conditions that can affect almost of people. It can cause spots on the skin usually on the chest, back, and especially the face. Those spots might range from the blackheads and whiteheads, which are deep, mild, inflamed and they can last very long and lead to the scars. There are many symptoms you can recognize including the nodules, cysts, whiteheads, blackheads, papules, and pustules. Almost everyone get acne on the face and in this writing, Effectiveremedies.com will show you 30 best at home natural acne treatment recipes that you can follow easily.
Top 30 At Home Recipes For The Best Natural Acne Treatment
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful natural acne treatment. The reason is that the ingredient can fight the bacteria, balance pH level, and help get rid of the excess oil on your skin. To get rid of acne at home, you should apply apple cider vinegar but do not use it too often because this ingredient might cause the outbreak and sebaceous glands. Here is a way to use apple cider vinegar for acne on the skin:
- You need some fresh water and some pure apple cider vinegar.
- Now you wash the face first and use 3 part of the water and a part of vinegar.
- Use a cotton ball, and soak into the mixture of vinegar and apply on the face.
- Leave it for 10 minutes or over the night.
- Then you wash off with water in the next morning.
- You can apply this treatment several times.
Learn more: The Tips For Clear Skin
2. Cinnamon And Honey
Cinnamon is a great spice while honey is a sticky ingredient that you can use both of them to get a natural acne treatment. Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties that can fight off bacteria while the honey functions as antibiotic to remove acne very well. Here is a perfect mask from honey and cinnamon you should give a try:
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- All you need is some paper towels, a teaspoon of cinnamon, and some tablespoons of honey.
- Now you wash the face cleanly and pat dry.
- Combine cinnamon, honey, and blend the mixture as a good paste.
- Now you apply the mask on the spots for 10-15 minutes.
- After that, rinse off with water entirely and pat dry.
- Use the paper towel to dry out as the mixture is very sticky.
3. Honey And Milk
Dairy products, specifically, the milk seems to be good for your skin tone and the outbreaks. Milk can slow down the redness and soothe the irritated skin. Meanwhile, honey is a beneficial for the skin as it moisturizes your skin very effectively.
- You will need a tablespoon of raw honey and a tablespoon of full-fat milk or yogurt.
- Wash your face first and pat dry.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of milk or plain yogurt.
- Use a cotton pad to apply the mixture on the skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the face completely and massage it gently to improve the circulation.
- Use a light moisturizer for the skin after applying the natural acne treatment.
4. Egg Whites
One of the most affordable ways to get rid of the acne and scars is to use egg whites, which has full of vitamins and proteins to renew skin cells and eliminate acne as well as soak up the sebum on the skin. It seems to be nice for the skin, right? Now let follow the instruction and feel he difference on the skin:
- You need to prepare a washcloth, a bowl, and some egg whites.
- The first thing you do is to cleanse the face and pat dry.
- You whisk the egg white in the bowl and leave it some minutes.
- Apply the egg whites on the affected skin for 3-4 layers.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water completely.
- Pat dry with the washcloth.
- Then you apply a normal moisturizer.
There are many fruits you can use to take care of your skin, papaya is such an ingredient .
Papaya is a natural acne treatment that can remove the excess lipids on the surface of your skin, remove the dead skin cells, and make it smooth and soft. The reason is that papaya includes an enzyme that can prevent the pus and reduce the inflammation very well.
- All you need is a fresh papaya.
- Rinse the skin first and pat dry.
- Mash the papaya until it is consistent.
- Apply on the face for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Use a mild moisturizer after applying the remedy.
6. Orange Peel
Orange belongs to the citrus fruits and it is very refresh and rejuvenate that can remove the dead skin cells, improve the skin tone due to the vitamin C, astringent property, and citric acid. This fruit also encourages the growth of new skin cells and you can follow this treatment as below:
- You take some fresh water and some orange peels.
- Grind the orange peels and add some water in it.
- Apply on the affected area before washing it completely.
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Pat it dry and apply a normal moisturizer.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contributes making a lot of home remedies including the natural acne treatment you are reading about. When hearing about the oil, you might think about the oil on the skin, but it is so different that tea tree oil might remove the dead skin cells, cut the extra oil, and unblock the pores on the skin. This oil also has antibacterial property so it can kill off the bacteria successfully and prevent outbreaks. Make sure that you dilute the oil before using it.
- You need to have cotton balls, fresh water, and some tea tree oil.
- Wash the face firstly.
- Dilute the tea tree oil by combining 9 parts of water and 1 part of the oil.
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply on the affected area.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and use a light moisturizer afterward.
- You also use aloe vera gel instead of the water in this treatment.
Learn more: Home Remedies For Scars On Face
8. Honey And Strawberries
Both strawberries and honey sound sweet and they might become a great cleanser and facial scrub. Strawberries have salicylic acid that is used in making the acne products as it stimulates the epidermis to throw off the cells, open the pores, and neutralize the bacteria. Whereas, honey is against the bacteria behind the acne as it has anti-inflammatory property.
- Prepare some teaspoons of honey and some strawberries.
- Before applying this acne treatment, you should wash the face and pat it dry.
- Rinse strawberries and mash those fruits well.
- Add the honey and blend them completely.
- Apply the mixture on the face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Then you rinse off with warm water.
- Pat dry and apply a moisturizer.
- You can do the method twice per week.
9. Banana Peel
Banana is an advantageous fruit for health as well as for the skin. If you usually eat the banana and throw away the peel, now you should keep it to make a natural acne treatment. Banana peel contains lutein that is a powerful antioxidant to stimulate the cell growth, reduce inflammation, and decrease the swelling.
- For this remedy, you should need a banana peel.
- Simply, you take the peel and rub all over the face.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it off with the water.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is really a simple remedy for a glowing skin and killing the acne on the skin. It is easily planted around the house and it works well for swelling and redness due to the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- You need some aloe vera leaves.
- Wash the face and pat dry first.
- Wash the aloe vera leaves and extract the gel.
- You use the fingertips to apply the aloe vera on the face or affected skin.
Recommended reading: How To Have Glowing Skin
11. Baking Soda
Baking soda is also called sodium bicarbonate and it can work well for your acne. In addition, baking soda can fight off bacteria, fungus, dry the excess oil, exfoliate the skin, and soften the skin very well.
- You need to prepare some fresh water and a box of baking soda.
- Mix the equal part of water and baking soda as a thick paste.
- Apply it on the face and massage for some minutes.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- Pat it dry and apply a moisturizer.
- Mix 1/8 cup of water with ½ cup of baking soda.
- Apply the mixture on the face, massage and leave it for 5-6 minutes.
- Then you rinse off with warm water before applying the moisturizer.
12. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has vitamin C, the citric acid that can eliminate the breakouts and it is a great exfoliant for the skin. Also, lemon juice as an important astringent that can dry out the blemish, whiten the skin, and reduce the redness very well.
- You will need some lemon juice, cotton balls, and some yogurt (optional).
- Rinse off the face and pat it dry.
- Use a cotton ball, soak into the lemon juice, and apply it on the affected regions.
- You can mix yogurt and lemon juice and put on the face.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before washing off with water.
Read more: Whitening Your Skin Naturally
Steam brings a lot of benefits for health, especially for your skin because it can get rid of acne, open the pores, and flush out the impurities in the skin. This remedy is very simple like this:
- You take a large bowl, a soft towel, and a pot of boiling water.
- You boil the water and pour it into the bowl.
- Leave it for some minutes and lace the face above the bowl.
- Cover the towel over the head to trap the steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Take off the towel and pat dry.
- You can do this treatment once per day to get the best effect.
It is so amazing that garlic benefits your body including the skin. This is a natural remedy for acne because it has the antibacterial property that can reduce the further breakouts. Here is an easy method to make a natural acne treatment with garlic:
- You prepare some cloves of garlic, aloe vera gel or water, and a cotton ball.
- Extract the garlic juice and combine it with water or aloe vera gel.
- Use a cotton pad to soak in the mixture and apply it on the spots.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing off with water.
Oatmeal will power your skin health both from the outside and inside. You can use the oatmeal mask to reduce the inflammation, redness, and breakouts caused by acne. For the better result, you can add some honey in the remedy. Here is the treatment:
- The ingredients include some tablespoons of raw honey, water, and some oatmeal.
- Whip up some oatmeal and follow the direction on the package.
- When it is still hot, you add some honey in it.
- Cool the mixture naturally and apply on the acne regions.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Pat the skin dry.
You can choose brown or white sugar to remove dead skin and exfoliate the skin well. Sugar will bring a good result if you mix it with other ingredients such as olive oil, honey, or water. Here is a common way to use sugar for acne.
- The ingredients for this treatment include vanilla bean, 5 tablespoons of vanilla extract, ½ cup of olive oil, some tablespoons of sea salt, 1 cup of brown sugar, and 1 cup of white sugar.
- Mix the white sugar, brown sugar, and sea salt first. Mix them well and pour into the olive oil, and vanilla extract, and mix them well.
- Take a part of the mixture and apply on the affected skin for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Store the remaining part into a jar.
17. Honey And Avocado
Avocado is commonly valuable for human and it is cultivated in many countries in the world. This fruit is from Central America and Mexico and it brings a lot of benefits for health as well as the skin. You can make a natural acne treatment with the honey and avocado like this:
- You need a tablespoon of honey and an avocado.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Remove the avocado peel and mash it up, stir it into the honey.
- Apply the mixture on the acne region for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
- You can apply a light moisturizer.
Read more: Natural Treatments For Tight Skin On Face
Mint has menthol, which is an excellent pain killer that you can use to treat acne. This ingredient also has the anti-inflammatory property that can reduce swelling and redness effectively. Here is a natural acne treatment you should try at home:
- You should have a handful of mint leaves.
- Wash off the face and pat dry.
- Cut the leaves and blend it well.
- Apply the mint leaves on the face for 5-10 minutes before washing off with cold water.
Potato is a precious vegetable as it has many advantages including acne treatment. Potato has chloride, phosphorus, sulfur, and potassium that can decrease the blemishes effectually. It also has antioxidants to nourish the skin and stimulate the growth of new skin cells.
- Simply, you need a potato to do this natural acne treatment.
- Wash the face and pat it dry first.
- Now you grate the potato and rub the juice and pulp on the face for some minutes.
- Massage it gently and leave it for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
If you want to treat acne naturally and shortly, you should take time for tea. Tea is not only a good drink for health, but it is also a perfect ingredient for acne treatment as it can reduce the growth of bacteria, reduce inflammation, sebum, and prevent the breakouts. Here is the direction how to use tea for acne:
- You need some teaspoons of tea leaves or a bag of green tea.
- ½ cup of water.
- Wash the face first and pat it dry.
- Put the leave in a bowl and boil the water.
- Steep it for 5 minutes before straining the leaves.
- Cool it naturally and use a cotton pad to apply on the face for some minutes.
- You can leave it or wash with cool water after 10-15 minutes apply.
Learn more: At Home Solutions For Lighter Skin
Cornstarch is a gentle and soothing ingredient that can be used to treat acne, reduce irritation and redness on the skin. The solution is very simple like this:
- You need to have cornstarch and some fresh water.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply on the affected skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wash with the fresh water.
- Some people might leave it over the night and rinse off with water in the next morning.
You use toothpaste every day to clean the teeth and now you can use it to treat acne at home. This common ingredient will soothe the irritated skin, reduce swelling, redness, and help you get rid of the acne very effectually. The best time to implement this treatment is in the night before you go to sleep. You should use white toothpaste, not gel toothpaste. The steps to apply it on the skin are:
- Take some white toothpaste and apply it on the affected skin before going to sleep.
- Wash the face in the next morning.
- You can do it every day to get the best result.
23. Sea Salt
Sea salt is a great ingredient to treat acne and you can follow the method like this:
- You need a teaspoon of sea salt and some teaspoons of hot water, and then you can add a teaspoon of honey, green tea, or a teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mixture on the face and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Pat it dry with a soft towel.
- You can apply a mild moisturizer afterward.
24. Change Your Diet
The nutrients play an important role in health improvement as well as keep your skin stronger and healthier. Having a proper diet is crucial to prevent the conditions like acne. In the case you are getting acne or scars, you should switch to the omega-3 diet, and eat more fruits, vegetables, water-rich foods. You can eat salmon, flaxseed oil, avocados, walnuts, etc. There are a lot of things you have to do during the day, but changing diet is a priority because it can cause your skin ugly from the inside. Moreover, you should avoid eating spicy foods, sugary, salty foods.
See More: List of Foods That Cause Acne Breakouts
25. Sleep Well
Lack of the sleeping will lead to stress and this is very terrible for your skin when you are suffering from the acne. Sleep enough will bring you a lot of help for health, particularly for your skin welfare. Sleeping soon and well at night will help you have a fresh mind in the next morning, your skin looks more glowing, and you will have enough energy for a new day. If you get insomnia, you might practice meditation, drink some tea, or do something relaxed before sleeping.
26. Do Exercise
Stress will damage your skin dramatically and it is a silent killer for your health as well as your skin. If you want to get rid of the stress, you should do regular exercises, which improve the blood circulation, supply more oxygen to the skin, and contribute to the acne outbreaks. There are a lot of common exercises that can strengthen your health and improve your skin. Make sure that after exercising, you should take a shower and drink enough water.
27. Drink Water
Another simple and natural acne treatment is water. You might hear about the needs of the water in your life as the water contributes to flush out the toxins from the body, especially from the skin. Water will keep your skin hydrated and it is a cheap ingredient to moisturize the skin. When the skin has acne, you should drink more water to detoxify the body naturally and keep the skin clean. By the way, the bacteria will not have a good chance to grow. Along with the fresh water, you can eat more fruits, vegetables, and supply more liquids through the diet.
28. Cleanse Your Skin
The oil, sweat, dirt, and other factors might stimulate the bacteria develop faster. so you need to cleanse up the skin to remove the dirt, dust, smog, sweat, which can block the pores and result from the pimples, blackheads, and acne. Although you take the shower every day, you should wash the face gently and thoroughly twice per day. You can use the mild cleansers including the natural ingredients such as cucumber, papaya, potatoes to wash the face.
29. Keep Your Pillowcase Clean
Do you know that pillowcase is one of the regions containing a lot of bacteria? When you sleep, sweat might fall down on the pillowcase and stimulate bacteria develop. So you need to wash the pillowcase every week to keep your skin healthy and fresh. if the pillowcase is dirty, the stuff will make the acne more severe. Keeping it clean is a simple method to treat acne, improve the skin complexion, and prevent the breakouts so you should wash it once per week.
30. Avoid Touching Your Face
It does not mean that you totally cannot touch the chin or do anything on the skin. But you should avoid touching or picking the acne or breakouts. This routine will make the acne worse when your hands might bring the bacteria to the skin. Make sure that you wash your hands frequently during the day before eating and after going to the bathroom. This is very easy and important to protect your health and your skin.
If you want to get more tips and tricks on skin care, you can visit our main Skin Care page to update. After viewing the writing about the natural acne treatment, I think that you have got the best and fullest information about the ways to take care of your skin effectively at home. Those remedies not only help you cure acne, but they also make your skin healthier and stronger. To have any question, you might leave it as a comment as below.