Anal itching, known as the medical term “pruritus ani” is such an irritation that could drive your meeting or your date a disaster because of the uncomfortable feeling it brings to you. So, when you are in that situation, what should you do? Relieving the irritating itch and losing your face, or ignoring your body’s demand will be a hard choice. However, you can avoid that embarrassing situation by applying some of these best natural home remedies for anal itching collected by Effective Remedies. Now, let’s check them out!
8 Best Home Remedies For Anal Itching That Are 100% Natural & Safe
I. Causes Of Anal Itching
Anal itching comes to people of any gender, at any age; and what are reasons of this terrible?
Anus itching could have the primary and secondary cause:
- Skin irritants like soaps
- Hygiene: too little or too much
- Skin conditions like psoriasis and dermatitis
- Rectal or anal disorders: anal fistulas, piles, and fissures
- Infections such as sexually transmitted and parasitic
- Systemic medical conditions like diabetes, jaundice, leukemia, thyroid disease, lymphoma, inflammatory bowel disease
- Drugs such as neomycin, quinidine, chemotherapy
- Foods such as chili peppers
II. How To Treat Anal Itching Naturally & Effectively
1. Home Remedies For Anal Itching With Apple Cider Vinegar
In this article, we would like to list apple cider vinegar as the very first home remedies for anal itching because of its great value in yeast and fungal infections, which cause horrible itches at your bottom . Let apply these remedies below for several days till your anal itching disappears.
- Drink a cup of water diluted with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar twice a day.
- Pour a cup of apple cider vinegar to your hot bathwater, and then spend about over 15 minutes soaking in it. You should take this remedy at least once a day.
2. Home Remedies For Anal Itching with Garlic
With antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties as well as the ability to eliminate intestinal worms, garlic is well-known as a remedy for anal itching from the inside out, preventing all infections which cause such terrible issue . In this article, we show you two ways to use garlic for your itches:
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- Consume 2 to 3 cloves of garlic daily with your empty stomach.
- Boil 2 crushed garlic cloves with ½ cup of milk, wait till it cools down and then you drink it, of course, on an empty stomach.
Stick to these remedies for about a week, and you would see the anus itching gradually disappear.
3. Home Remedies For Anal Itching with Aloe Vera
Many women use aloe vera masks for their beauty due to its soothing properties to relieve skin problems. In case of people with anal itching, aloe vera is a cure for symptoms such as inflammation, soreness, redness, etc.; which makes sufferers more comfortable . Here is a way of using aloe vera for anal itching treatment:
- Cut the thorny edges of an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from the leaf.
- Rub the gel gently around the anus for about 5 to 8 minutes
Try to repeat this treatment each several hours a day to get the most effect.
4. Home Remedies For Anal Itching Using Yogurt
Yogurt also can be a useful treatment for fungus and yeast infection; however, not all types of yogurt are effective with your skin diseases. In the treatment for anal itching, we strongly advise you to use probiotic yogurt because of its good active bacteria, which can help to control the growth of infections . Try to apply this home remedy for your anal itching in two following ways.
- Directly rub some plain of yogurt on the itching area. Then clean it off with warm water after about 20 to 30 minutes, or possibly after a night.
- Consume 2 to 3 yogurt pots per day for the treatment from inside out.
5. Home Remedies For Anal Itching Using Oatmeal
Many people acknowledge oatmeal as a source of nutrients as well as a property in the skin care. Now, we mention another property of oatmeal; it is for your anus itching. Scientists have found anti-inflammatory and anti-irritation substances in this amazing kind of food, so it is a choice for your itchy anus.
How to use:
- Poor 1 to 2 cups of oatmeal into your bathtub filled with warm water.
- Soak in that water in at least 15 to 20 minutes.
This method can be applied about 1-2 times per day for getting relief.
6. Home Remedies For Anal Itching Using Coconut Oil
If you want to relieve your itching in anal regions, you should not ignore the home remedy with coconut oil. Coconut oil contains antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial substances, which could help soothe the skin, prevent redness and soreness, and gradually reduce the pain. Here are treatments with coconut oil.
- Apply the coconut oil to the itchy anus area about twice time a day to relieve the burning and itchy sensations.
- Consume 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, or you also can use this oil for daily cooking.
7. Home Remedies For Anal Itching Using Epsom Salts
Using Epsom salts is considered one of the quickest and most effective home remedies for anal itching. Everybody knows the wonderful antiseptic ability of salt, which helps to kill fungus and yeast effectively. Epsom salt, a kind of salt treated to eliminate the extraneous, will help you control skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, etc., and relieve terrible itching and burning sensations in the anus area. Here is the application of Epsom salts for your anal itching:
- Poor 1 to 2 cups of Epsom salts into your warm- water bath.
- Soak in that bath in about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dry off your body, especial the anus area carefully after bathing.
8. Home Remedies For Anal Itching Using Licorice Root
Licorice root is a kind of herbs used much in skincare treatment. Besides, it can help to deal with eczema, psoriasis, soreness, and redness. As for this reason, Licorice root cannot be out of the list of natural home remedies for anal itching.
How to use:
- Roast licorice root, cardamom, and rind myrobalan.
- Grind this mixture of three herbs into the fine powder.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of this powder, a teaspoon of honey with a cup of water.
- Drink one cup per day until you the symptoms disappear.
III. Prevention Tips
That “Prevent is better than cure” is always right in every situation. In that case, you can prevent and control the anal itching by using our small tips below:
- Dry you bottom well: A wet bottom is a favorable environment for fungus’ and bacteria’ growth. Therefore, you should make sure that your anus dry by using toilet tissue, walking around for your skin to breathe and get more blood.
- Stop scratching: Scratching your anus would make your itchy conditions worse because it makes an inflamed skin. So, try to avoid scratching your anus as much as possible to save your vulnerable skin.
- Change your sitting position frequently: Stand up and walk around for several minutes will decrease the moisture in the anus area, and minimize the fungus’ growth.
- Stop wearing tight underwear: Tight underwear will create the uncomfortable sultry feeling. You should change your underwear into loose and cotton kinds.
- Always control your stress.
- Avoid spicy food and junk food as well because they are causes of anal itching.
Above are 8 best natural & effective home remedies for anal itching that you should keep in mind. If you want to know more about other natural treatment for other diseases, come and see in Home Remedies page. Hopefully, our tips would bring you benefits for your good health.