People suffering from low blood-pressure or hypotension may experience some common symptoms such as dizziness, laziness, nausea, fainting, fatigue, lack of concentration, blurred vision (loss of vision), palpitations, depression, thirst, difficulty breathing (shortness of breath), pale, endocrine, neurological disorders, clammy skin, and cold. There are many ways of reducing low blood-pressure at home by using natural solutions such as herbs, vegetables, fruits, and other ingredients. But you will get the best results if you can know exactly the reason causing your problem and then you can choose the suitable solution for it. In this article, you will know top 7 natural home remedies for low blood pressure. Keep reading this writing to understand more! There is no science-based evidence for the following homemade recipes. The recipes we've focused on are traditional home remedies, so always consult your doctor and check out your health condition regularly to know if a remedy is working for you.
- All information about low blood pressure
- Top 23 effective methods to improve blood circulation naturally
What Is Low Blood Pressure?
Low blood-pressure, also known as hypotension, is a health condition, which commonly occurs when you have a low blood-pressure. A blood pressure reading lower than 90/60 mm Hg is generally considered low blood pressure. It is also a problem because the blood cannot transfer the essential nutrients and oxygen to all your vital organs. It may indicate there is a problem with your organs such as heart or kidneys or brain and may cause these and other organs to not work properly and thereby being damaged temporarily or permanently. Hence, it is more effective to keep the blood pressure at a normal level for protecting the vital organs in the body and for preventing the shock of life-threatening problems, because steady low blood-pressure may definitely lead to failing to the vital organs' functionality.
Natural Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure
1. Almond Milk
The combination of almond and milk is an excellent solution for low blood pressure. There is no saturated fat or cholesterol in almond milk. It is abundant in healthy fats such as PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids). This milk may act on your adrenal glands, stabilize the blood pressure and thereby support for people in dealing with their blood pressure condition.
You will need:
- 5 or 6 almonds
- 1 cup of milk
- A small bowl
- Place the almonds to the bowl.
- Pour the water in it and then cover this bowl properly.
- Let these almonds soak for overnight.
- Take the almonds out of the water and peel off their skin in the next morning.
- Put these almonds in a grinder or blender and make them form a smooth paste.
- Put the milk on the heat or stove and boil it.
- After it boils, add the almond paste to this milk and then stir them well.
- Boil this paste in the milk for a few minutes and take it out of the heat.
- Drink a cup of almond milk every morning to raise the blood pressure levels.
2. Rosemary And Olive Oil
Rosemary acts excellently by promoting your central nervous system to improve the blood circulation. Many years ago, people used this rosemary infused in white wine to regulate the blood pressure, headaches, and blood circulation, which results from this condition. In rat study, aqueous extracts of rosemary significantly increased urinary excretion of potassium (Haloui et al., 2000). But nowadays, people use rosemary ointment for massaging the chest and thereby raising the blood pressure.
You will need:
- ¼ cup of dried rosemary leaves
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 jar with its lid
- Put these dried rosemary leaves to the jar.
- Pour the olive oil in it. You have to make sure that these dried leaves are covered completely in this oil.
- Cover this jar with its lid and keep it sit aside for 2 to 3 days.
- Take the mixture out of the oil and then strain it to another jar.
- Continue to cover this tight with a new
- Wait for 30 minutes and you may apply this mixture on your chest
- Massage gently it for a few minutes with the oil and keep doing this process daily.
- Alternatively, add rosemary essential oil (3 to 5 drops) in a diffuser to get the aromatherapy benefits.
Licorice root may help to increase the blood pressure in people suffering from hypotension. Licorice contains an active ingredient called glycyrrhizin which is known as a sweet compound and works similar to a steroid.
This will be beneficial in increasing the aldosterone hormone in the body which helps you retain the sodium and eliminate the potassium in the body. Retaining sodium will raise the blood pressure easily to get a complete relief from low blood-pressure.
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon of dried licorice herb or licorice powder
- 1 cup of hot water
- A pot
- A sieve
- Pour the licorice and hot water in the pot.
- Cover the pot and let this steep for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Use the sieve to strain the water to the cup.
- Drink this water as a tea to raise the levels of blood pressure.
- Consume this licorice tea daily to keep this condition at bay.
- You can also take the licorice root capsules (about 400 to 500 mg) regularly for a few days till you clear these fluctuations in the levels of blood pressure.
- Licorice may cause water retention because of its sodium content.
- It can cause a deficiency in potassium in the body which will in turn give rise to some health complications if you use it for a longer time.
- People suffering from heart problems or diabetes should see a doctor to get some advice before using this herb.
4. Caffeinated Drinks
Caffeine may be beneficial in increasing the blood pressure dramatically in the elderly who suffer from post-mealtime hypotension. Many experts agree that caffeine has the ability to block certain hormones which keep these arteries widened.
Whenever these arteries are narrow down, the blood pressure levels may increase quickly. Besides, caffeine can work on your adrenal gland, which in turn assists you in releasing more adrenaline, thereby increasing your blood pressure.
Having coffee (2 or 3 cups) daily will raise your diastolic pressure by 4 to 13 mm Hg & systolic pressure by 3 to 14 mm Hg. Here is the list of caffeinated drinks that you may consider drinking to help in raising the blood pressure:
- Hot cocoa
- Tea (especially black tea)
- Chocolate milk
- Energy drinks
- Soda (plain or combine with a little lemon juice in it)
Note: If you provide your body with too much caffeine, it will lead to some health problems. It is said by many experts that the maximum of 400 mg caffeine per day is safe for healthy adults. Hence, remember not to drink more than two energy drinks or four cups of coffee per day to maintain good health.
5. Siberian Ginseng
This Siberian ginseng is also known as an adaptogen, which will help you to strengthen your body and increase your general resistance to stress. Siberian ginseng is used effectively for treating many heart problems, high blood pressure along with low blood-pressure problems.
To use Siberian ginseng properly, you can make it as a tea and consume. But you have to make sure to see your doctor before taking any kind of ginseng for healing the blood pressure problems.
You will need:
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of sliced Siberian ginseng root
- 1 cup of boiling or hot water
- A pan
- Put these Siberian ginseng root slices to the pan.
- Pour the hot or boiling water to fill these root slices in that pan.
- Cover the pan and allow the ginseng to steep for about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the water into a cup and sip this
- Drink this ginseng tea daily to help you maintain stable blood pressure.
6. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is an ideal solution for low blood pressure and high blood pressure, especially in case it is caused by dehydration . The lemon juice will help you in energizing your body by promoting the liver function and aiding in proper digestion.
You will need:
- 1 to 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 glass of water
- Pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice to the water.
- Add a little sugar and salt to it.
- Stir them well and consume this lemon juice to stabilize the blood pressure.
- Keep drinking this juice once per day to get a complete relief from the blood pressure problems.
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 glass of sugarcane juice
- A pinch of salt
- Combine the sugarcane with the freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir them well.
- Add the salt to this mixture and continue to stir well.
- Drink this mixture regularly and you will see an amazing result.
7. Salt Water
For people with low blood pressure, remember to increase the consumption of salt in the daily diet.
Whenever you raise the consumption of salt, it will make you drink a lot of liquids, which in turn leads to raising the blood pressure. Hence, when you feel that the blood pressure tends to go down, you have to drink 1 glass of salt water immediately to raise the blood pressure quickly.
If you are suffering from low blood-pressure, remember to increase the consumption of salt in the daily diet. However, make sure to consult your doctor about the dosage before increasing the salt if you are suffering from kidney and heart problems. Even the women in pregnancy should avoid taking excess salt in the diet, too.
You will need:
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 glass of lukewarm water
- Add the salt in the lukewarm water.
- Stir them well and consume this salt water to help raise the low blood pressure.
- Drink this salt water every day until you get a relief from low blood-pressure completely and avoid following this process after the blood pressure reached to normal. If not, it will cause some other health problems.
If you want to know more about natural, home remedies for other diseases and conditions go to our main Home Remedies page. If you have any questions, or you know other natural home remedies for low blood pressure, please share them with us below.