Urinary Tract Infection that has the abbreviation of UTI is a common illness with many people. This illness appears when the number of bacteria in your urethra or bladder grows up fast and uncontrollably. This situation will cause pain in your bladder and during your urination. You will find it difficult to make the urine out. Moreover, many people feel terrible pain whenever they go to the toilet. They feel this as a nightmare that is very sensitive to tell about. This article will describe top 9 natural home remedies for UTI relief in adults. There is no science-based evidence for the following homemade recipes. The recipes we've focused on are traditional home treatments, so always consult your doctor and check out your health condition regularly to know if a remedy is working for you.
Top 9 Natural Home Remedies For UTI Relief In Adults
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has fungicidal and bactericidal properties. Drinking lemon juice daily may help to reduce some infection conditions in the body. Moreover, lemon juice contains antioxidants that aid in removing harmful free radicals from your body. Lemon concentrate has been shown to kill some gram positive and negative bacteria, including Escherichia coli which generally causes UTIs, as well as some strains of fungus. Lemon juice contains vitamin C that is very friendly to your health. Vitamin C is a necessary substance that has a role in preventing inflammation and action of bacteria. The number of bacteria in your urethra will be reduced to the normal level by following step by step directions as below:
- You could use a fresh lemon and cut it into two parts.
- You use one part, take the juice from this part, and put it into a small glass.
- After that, you should pour 200 ml water.
- Stir the juice gradually and drink it immediately.
- You could drink two glasses of lemon juice every day. This remedy is not only useful for treating your urinary tract infection, but also good for your health. After two days, you will feel your pain is reduced remarkably. However, you should continue to drink this juice for at least one week.
Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain. Bromelain is very useful in treating inflammation. Therefore, it will help to reduce the number of bacteria causing urinary tract infection in your urethra.
- You should eat one pineapple a day to bring enough amount of bromelain to your body.
- In addition, you could drink a glass of pineapple juice every day to help in treating UTI.
3. Indian Gooseberry & Turmeric Powder
The combination of these herbs may be a good treatment for your urinary tract infection thanks to its rich source of vitamin C . The herbs may help your immune system to be stronger and more active. Therefore, your kidney and urethra will be purified and take water out from your body well.
- You could use one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder and one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Then, you could put them together in a cup.
- Next, you could put a half liter of water to the cup. You could boil the cup over medium heat until you see the level of water in the cup is reduced to a half.
- You could take the cup out and let it cold. After that, you should drink the liquid.
- You should use this remedy three times a day during the week. Your urinary tract infection will be reduced after only two or three days of using this treatment.
4. Uva Ursi Tea
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
This herb contains antiseptic substances that are very useful in reducing the number of bacteria in your body. Therefore, your urination will be encouraged.
- You could prepare four or five leaves and roots of uva ursi.
- Then, you could put the uva ursi into a glass of boiling water.
- After one and a half hour, you could take the liquid out and drink it once a day.
- You could use this remedy for three times a week. After a week, you will feel your urinary tract infection reduce remarkably.
Water may be the most important substance that is very necessary for the normal activities of all the organs in human’s body. If your body has enough water, it will take all the toxic substances out of it. The number of bacteria in your urethra will be decreased quickly. You will feel pain is reduced after a short time. According to a study in the Journal of Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension in 2013, chronic low fluid intake is considered a crucial factor in the pathogenesis of UTIs.
- You should drink at least one and a half liter of pure water per day. It is a similar amount with six or eight glasses of water a day.
- You could drink various kinds of fruit juice that is very useful for your health. The juice will bring extra natural minerals that are in original forms; therefore, these minerals are very easy for your body to digest and absorb.
- Moreover, you should not drink some kinds of stimulus drink such as coffee or alcohol. They are very harmful to your health because they could destroy the natural ability of the body's organs. Soft drink may be one kind of drink you should avoid adding into your diets. If you drink them more than one cup a day, you will put double pressure on your bladder and urethra.
6. Healthy Diet
- You should eat more vegetables as much as possible. Vegetables may be a rich source of fiber that is very beneficial in helping your kidney be easy to purify water and toxic chemicals from your body.
- You could use green beans instead of vegetables. For many, green beans are quite easy to cook and eat than some kinds of vegetables.
- In addition, you could add various kinds of antimicrobial herbs such as parsley, garlic or bearberry. These herbs are famous and old remedies for common illnesses.
- A study found that drinking soft drinks to be moderately associated with both initial and recurrent UTI.
7. Cranberry Juice
Cranberry is a rich source of antioxidant substances that are very useful in preventing inflammation and pain caused by UTI. Some studies note that cranberry juice can reduce the number of UTIs for a person who suffers from over a 1-year period, particularly for women who have recurrent UTIs. Other animal studies note that cranberry products can work by inhibiting the colonization & growth of bacteria causing infections, including E. coli, one of the most common bacteria in the urinary tract infections  .
- You could use three or four cranberries each time you apply this remedy.
- Then, you should take the juice from the cranberries and put it into a glass.
- Next, add about 250 ml of water to the glass and stir the water gently.
- You could add a half teaspoon of salt to the juice and drink it immediately.
- You should drink one glass of cranberry juice every day during the first two days. After two days, if you feel your pain reduce, you should use this remedy until your urinary tract infection disappear totally.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar may contain a large number of minerals and enzymes that are very important in preventing and reducing bacteria in your body. If the number of bacteria in your urethra get back the balance number, your illness will disappear.
- You need one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 250 ml of warm water.
- Then, you should put the apple cider vinegar and water to a glass and stir them together.
- In addition, you could add a half teaspoon of honey or lemon juice if you want to remove the uncomfortable taste of apple cider vinegar.
- You should drink the mixture twice per day for four days a week. You will no longer suffer from pain caused by a urinary tract infection only by three or four times using this remedy.
9. Supplementing Vitamin C
Vitamin C may be a necessary nutrient for your health. You could supplement vitamin C to your body because it will help improve your immune system. According to a study in the Journal of Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica in 2007, taking 100 mg of vitamin C daily for 3 months helps to reduce urinary infections during pregnancy   .
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!”
The number of bacteria in your urethra will be reduced to the balance by increasing the intake of vitamin C into your body. You could eat various kinds of vegetables or green beans to help add more vitamin C to your body. You also could eat fruits, or drink fruit juice such as lemon or lime juice.
UTI may cause many problems in our daily life and make us feel pain and uncomfortable. If you feel hard when you have your urination in a long time, you should come to see your doctor to have the best advice. You should also try applying some of these natural home remedies for UTI. These remedies are easy to do at home and office.
For more home remedies for other health problems, you could visit our homepage Home Remedies. If you have any questions, please let us know by leaving all your comments below. We will answer all of your questions as soon as possible. All content provided are for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.