Many people are suffering from dry skin, a common problem of skin that occurs mostly in winter. Dry skin makes you unsightly and uncomfortable because it changes from the plump cells to shriveled ones, that leads to unpleasant wrinkles and lines on your skin. Although dry skin is not a disease, if you do not deal with it soon, it will be worst and cause dermatitis. Hence, in this writing, EffectiveRemedies.com introduces to you top 16 natural home remedies for dry skin on face & body in winter that you can try applying to get healthy, smooth, and young skin. Ask your doctor before applying any home remedy on skin if you have allergic problems with some natural ingredient.
Top 16 Natural Home Remedies For Dry Skin On Face & Body In Winter
1. Yogurt And Banana
The combination of yogurt and banana is one of popular home remedies for dry skin. While yogurt helps to moisturize, banana contains vitamin A that helps restore the lost moisture. Therefore, this mixture can exfoliate dead cells as well as moisturize your skin to prevent dry skin. Here are some ways of using yogurt and banana that you can easily apply at home:
- Firstly, you need a ripe banana and crush it in a clean bowl.
- Next, add a little amount of yogurt into the bowl of crushed banana to make a paste.
- Then you apply this mixture on dry skin areas and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Finally, you wash off with lukewarm water.
- You should have this regularly to prevent dull and dry skin.
- Firstly, you mash a banana and add one tsp of sugar.
- Next, you mix this mixture well and apply it on your dry skin.
- You should massage it in circular motions to remove your dead skin cells.
- Or simply, you can combine a little bit of honey and a mashed banana to make a paste that helps to prevent dry skin.
- You should do this daily to have the best result.
- Firstly, get a ripe banana and crush it.
- Next, directly apply this paste on your dry skin parts.
- Don’t forget to avoid contact with your eyes.
- After about 20-25 minutes, you rinse off with warm water to feel the skin supple and soft.
2. Egg Yolk And Olive Oil
One of the best home remedies for dry skin is the combination of egg yolk and olive oil. Egg yolk contains vitamin A and other important nutrients that help control the shedding of your skin to make it soft and smooth. Besides, olive oil has the natural antioxidants, and is rich in vitamin K and vitamin E that are considered as the excellent factors against dry skin. Now, let take the instructions as below:
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- A small amount of lemon juice and rose water (optional)
How to make:
- Firstly, mix olive oil with egg yolks well.
- Next, apply this mixture to your dry skin and rub it for a few minutes till it gets dry.
- Rinse off with clean water and use a regular moisturizer if you want.
- You had better add few drops of rose water and fresh lemon juice to the egg yolk-olive oil mixture for getting the best result.
- You should do this daily to make skin smooth fast.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut is known as an excellent natural moisturizer. It helps to remove scaly skin areas and make your skin softer, smoother, and naturally moisturized. The amount of fatty acid present in coconut oil helps you to prevent dry skin as well as lock the moisture. Please follow the below instructions.
- Apply an enough amount of coconut oil to apply all over the dry skin areas.
- Let it on your dry skin for overnight.
- Rinse off with warm water in the next morning.
- You should do this every night to eliminate your dry skin problem.
Skin care must be good enough to eat!
Understanding good skin care is knowing all the parts of the skin, and if you don’t know that then you can’t really treat it.
4. Sugar And Lemon Juice
Sugar and lemon juice scrub can make your skin smooth, glowing and soft. While scrubbing with sugar helps to lock the moisture and clean the skin from scaly characteristics, lemon juice has vitamin C that is a very good astringent helping to remove patches on your skin, lighten the skin tone, as well as promote skin cell growth to get rid of dry skin.
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Juice of a half of lemon
- A cotton ball
How to make:
- Mix sugar with lemon juice well.
- Use the cotton ball to scrub all over dry skin areas.
- Now gently rub it in circular motions to prevent the rough skin.
- After massaging it for 10-15 minutes, rinse off with warm water.
- You can store the remaining mixture in a clean jar or air tight container and use it regularly.
5. Aloe Vera
Like other home remedies for dry skin, aloe vera is used to treat the dry skin due to its moisturizing and healing properties. It can remove the flaky skin by slowly sloughing away the bad top layer of your dead skin cells.
- You need aloe vera gel by squeezing an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply this gel to your dry skin and let it on so that your skin can easily absorb the gel.
- After 20 minutes, wash off with warm water.
- You should do this once or twice per day to get rid of dry skin.
- Or you can use a moisturizer made from aloe vera regularly.
6. Honey And Avocado
Honey and Avocado contains a rich source of humectants and sterolin that help to prevent dry skin and lock the moisture in the skin pores.
- 1/2 of mashed avocados
- ½ cup of honey
How to make:
- Mix the honey with the mashed avocados well.
- Apply this mixture on your dry skin areas.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- You should do this regularly till you see the improvement.
7. Sea Salt
Sea salt can hydrate your dry skin when you use it either as salt scrub or as bath. It can nourish dry skin and make it soft and smooth. Here are two methods using sea salt you can easily apply at home.
- 1 cup of sea salt
- 1 tub of warm water
How to make:
- Dilute the sea salt with the tub of warm water.
- Soak and scrub for at least15-20 minutes to nourish dry skin.
- You should have this daily to get rid of dry skin.
- Vegetable glycerin – ¼ cup
- Coarse sea salt – 1cup
How to make:
- Mix the vegetable glycerin with coarse sea salt well.
- Scrub it by massaging the mixture over your skin in a circular motion.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Or after taking a shower or bath, you can rub handful of salt onto your wet skin.
Known as a good friend of the skin, honey helps to soften, tighten, and moisturize dry skin. Honey massage will encourage deep moisturizing action and raise the circulation at dry skin areas to prevent this skin problem.
- You need a little bit of raw or pure honey.
- You directly apply this honey on your skin areas.
- Use your fingers to massage gently for 2 minutes.
- Then wash off with lukewarm water and use moisturizer to prevent dry skin and lock moisture in the skin.
- You should follow this remedy at least once per day to soothe the dry skin.
9. Baking Soda
One of other natural home remedies for dry skin is using baking soda. Baking soda helps keep the moisture in skin and eliminate itching by exfoliating your skin. Baking soda is a good friend with your skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory property. Now I will give you specific instructions as below.
- Firstly, mix 4 tbsp of baking soda with 250 ml water.
- Next, soak a sponge bath into this water and rub it to your skin in order to eliminate dry skin.
- Another way is mix 1 cup of baking soda in a tub of hot water.
- Gently soak and massage your body for a half hour.
- After taking a bath, you should apply a moisturizer to lock the moisture in your skin.
- Have this daily to prevent the dry skin effectively from coming back again.
10. Almond Oil
Like olive oil, almond oil is non greasy oil and a rich source of vitamin E that can absorb easily into your skin. A little of almond oil can help to restore and repair the protective layer to treat the skin problem and moisten it. Please pay attention that if you are allergic to nuts, you had better avoid it or consult your doctor before using it.
- Directly apply few drops of fresh almond oil on dry skin parts.
- Gently scrub it on your legs, hands, and face or other dry skin areas for 3-5 minutes.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
- You should do this every day till you see the improvement.
You can consume milk to make your skin supple and smooth. It helps improve your skin complexion. In addition, its elasticity and water retaining makes your body fresh and moisturized. Goat’s milk or cream milk is the best choice to prevent the dry skin because it contains lactic acid that can hold the moisture in your skin. These are two simple solutions using milk for smoothing dry skin.
- Add 1 or 2 tsp of almond oil to a cup of warm milk.
- Mix this mixture well and apply this before you go to bed.
- Let it on your skin for overnight.
- Wash off with warm water in the morning.
- You should repeat this regularly to eliminate the dry skin.
- Pour 1 glass of raw milk in a tub of warm water.
- Soak and massage your body for at least 15-20 minutes.
- You should do this daily to have healthy and fresh skin.
12. Castor Oil
The vitamin E and ricinoleic acid present in castor oil can heal dry skin. The natural astringents of fresh castor oil will help to nourish your skin and remove the impurities because it can absorb easily into the skin and protect it against the dryness.
- Apply few drops of fresh castor oil on dry skin parts.
- Let it on your skin for overnight.
- Rinse off it by taking shower or bath in the morning.
- Follow this remedy to have the best result while preventing the dry skin.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the best home remedies for dry skin is using apple cider vinegar. ACV helps you to get rid of the small patches of itchy and dry skin, and protect your skin from being dry excessively. Now keep reading to learn the way of using apple cider vinegar.
- 2-3 cups of apple cider vinegar
How to use:
- Add the apple cider vinegar to your bath water.
- Now stir it well and gently soak the body for 20-30 minutes.
- Then rinse off with pure water.
- You should repeat this remedy daily to treat the dry and itchy skin.
Curd can help to moisturize and get rid of the dry skin because it contains antioxidants and lactic acid that cool, soften and smoothen your skin. Here are the specific instructions:
- A half cup of curd
How to make:
- Apply the curd on dry skin parts.
- Gently scrub it in the circular motion.
- Let it on for 25-30 minutes.
- Then rinse off with fresh water.
- You should have this daily to have the best result.
One of the ingredients containing a rich source of vitamin E and other important nutrients is oatmeal that is very good for your skin health. If you desire a smooth and supple skin, you should try this effective remedy.
- Add a cup of oatmeal to water to get wet.
- Scrub your face, legs, hands and other dry skin areas with this wet oatmeal.
- Rinse off with fresh water. After getting your skin dry with a towel, rub your skin with dry oatmeal.
- Continue doing this until you feel your skin softer and smoother.
16. Diet Plan
You should make a diet plan to not only keep your mind and body healthy but also protect and nourish your skin. This is also one of the popular and easy home remedies for dry skin you can apply every day. Here are some small tips you need to know.
- Include spices in the diet like cumin, coriander, turmeric that helps to relieve and soothe your dry skin.
- Include a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Drink a lot of water daily. You should drink at least 8-10 cups of water to moisturize your skin and keep it hydrated. Besides, drinking water can prevent other health problems.
- Add the oil fish such as salmon oil that contains a plenty of essential fatty acids into the daily diet to alleviate your dry skin. You should consume it daily to remove this skin problem.
If you would like to know more other effective natural home remedies for common skin diseases, please visit our main Home Remedies page. The treatment of the dry skin requires a lot of time. In this writing with top 16 natural home remedies for dry skin on face & body in winter, I hope that you can get the most suitable method for you. If you want to discuss and give more other useful home remedies for dry skin or any other diseases please leave your comments bellow. We really appreciate that.