Whether the hair is straight or curly, long or short, every woman dreams of having a healthy and luscious mane. Unfortunately, some of us are born with dry, frizzy, and dull hair. And even if you are born with lustrous, healthy hair; coping with dryness is certain when your hair is regularly battered by chemical treatments, heat styling tools, and pollution. There are many ways to restore moisture, smoothness, and shine of your hair without spending too much money on commercial conditioners and shampoos filled with harmful chemicals. In this article, Effective Remedies will tell you a DIY natural hair mask for dry hair. This DIY recipe is great since the ingredients in it are natural, safe, and inexpensive. Scroll down!
- Top 22 most effective solutions for dry hair
- Top 36 expert-approved natural treatments for dry scalp
DIY Natural Hair Mask For Dry Hair That Amazes You
This recipe consists of three ingredients, including honey, yogurt, and eggs. These ingredients not only fight off the problem of dry hair but also make your hair shiny and healthy.
Eggs are chock-full of protein , which is excellent for strengthening the hair follicles and preventing breakage related to dry hair. Egg yolk can promote the production of sebum in the scalp, which aids in moisturizing the scalp and hair due to its vitamin A content. It additionally contains the healthy fatty acids, which work wonders in moisturizing and rehydrating the dry hair. Egg white possesses bacteria-eating enzymes, which banish unwanted oils. It also moisturizes brittle and dry hair.
Honey can attract moisture into your hair from the environment since it is a natural humectant. It also helps to moisturize the dry hair problem and make it lustrous and soft, as it is an emollient. Along with that, honey is rich in the enzymes and nutrients which help to rejuvenate dull, dry, and damaged hair. In addition to this, it is highly useful for guarding your hair against sun damage, dry air, and pollution, which are a few of the main reasons for dry hair owing to its antioxidants.
Yogurt is abundant in the protein content that helps to add extra shine without easing its natural moisture. It additionally helps to strengthen the hair shaft that inhibits hair damage and prevent split ends. Apart from that, it is full of a few nutrients such as Riboflavin which can protect the lifeless and weak strands.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- Eggs – 2
- Yogurt – two tablespoons
- Honey – one tablespoon
How To Make
Take a medium-sized bowl and beat the eggs in it. Add honey and yogurt to it and mix well until you achieve a creamy, smooth paste. Then, apply this resultant mixture to your hair and wash after 20 minutes with cool water. Reapply this mask once or twice a week.
III. Things To Remember
In addition to using the above hair mask, remember the advice below.
- Follow a balanced diet and drink plenty of water since the hair receives most of its nourishment and nutrients from what you eat.
- Don’t shampoo your hair occasionally, as the detergents in shampoos can remove the natural oils of your hair, making it dry and dullness and causing damage.
- Stay away from using heat styling tools.
- If possible, always use cool or lukewarm water to wash the hair because this helps seal your cuticles and lessen moisture loss.
- Avoid hot rollers and blow dryers because they fade away the moisture and make the hair dry.
- Consume plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits, especially avocados and leafy greens.
- Wear hats and scarves to protect the hair from the sun.
- Trim your hair frequently to prevent split ends.
- Apply oil regularly to inhibit dry hair.
Follow this hair mask for dry hair, and you will have luscious hair quickly with some patience. Have you ever used these ingredients in your hair care regime? Tell us about your view, experience, and queries in the comments section below.
Read more: Top 7 Minerals And Vitamins For Dry Skin Treatment. This article was medically reviewed/fact checked by Nichole Dandrea-Russert, MS, RDN.