Before taking about the best natural methods for curing jock itch at home, you should know what exactly jock itch is. Jock itch is normally regarded as a fungal infection that can leave some skin symptoms, such as itching, rash, redness, burning, etc. You can find it on the inner thigh, groin and buttocks, etc. This condition is caused by many factors including excessive sweating, poor immune system, obesity, tight underwear and so on. Besides, it also has the impact on anyone who stays in the same room, shares the clothes and showers with the infected people. In fact, this problem will be very contagious and dangerous if you don’t treat it completely. In some cases, it will develop into blisters or bumps on your skin. So do you want to get rid of jock itch? If your answer is “yes”, continue following this post. Effective Remedies will introduce to you 15 best natural home remedies for jock itch that will help you overcome hard sensation easily and quickly.
15 Incredible Natural Home Remedies For Jock Itch Relief Revealed
1. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Baking Soda
Baking soda is like a close friend of everyone in the field of taking care of their health and beauty. Thanks to the strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties , it has the wonderful effect of treating some skin diseases, including rash, swelling, and especially jock itch. Moreover, baking soda can work as a natural acid-neutralizing agent that helps to reduce the jock itch on the skin quickly. The various methods in which you can use baking soda to treat this problem include:
- Mix 2 tsp. of baking soda with a few drops of water
- Stir it well to make a thick paste
- Apply the solution to the affected skin
- Let it sit on for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Do this way twice a day
- Put the warm water into your bathtub
- Pour 2-3 tsp. of baking soda in it and stir it well
- Soak your body in the mixture within 20 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this remedy regularly
2. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Garlic
Garlic is a good food that is very familiar to everyone. However, not all people understand that garlic is also used as one of the best natural home remedies for jock itch. This is because garlic possesses a large amount of allicin, liallyl sulfide, ajoene and selenium that can kill the harmful bacteria & fungus effectively . Besides, it is very beneficial in healing the wound and preventing the skin from inflammation and oxidation.
- Peel some garlic cloves, and then crush them to make a paste
- Apply the paste to the entire infected skin areas
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water
- This remedy should be done 2-3 times on a daily basis to treat jock itch fast
3. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Garlic & Honey
Many studies have demonstrated that garlic and honey are a great combination that can help you treat the jock itch quickly. This is because these two natural ingredients are very rich in antibacterial and antiseptic properties  that can get rid of itchy symptoms on your skin effectively. In addition, this mixture also has the great functions of eliminating the fungus and protecting your skin from infections as well.
- Peel and grind 6-7 garlic cloves
- Mix a tsp. of honey with the garlic paste, and then stir them nicely
- Apply the solution to your affected region
- Wait for 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with clean water
- Perform this way twice a day until your condition is completely disappeared
4. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Tea Tree Oil
Another of the natural home remedies for jock itch that you shouldn’t ignore is tea tree oil. It is very well-known for the strong anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial  and anti-fungal properties that help to reduce the itching and heal the pain fast. In addition, this oil is also used as a great medicine to treat some skin diseases, such as scabies, rash, jock itch, etc. The following direction is a home remedy to get rid of jock itch with tea tree oil that you can learn in more detail.
- Soak a fresh cotton ball in tea tree oil
- Apply it to your infected skin
- Repeat this method twice daily
- Put a few drops of tea tree oil in your bathtub
- Soak yourself in it within 15-20 minutes
- Wash your body off with lukewarm water
- Follow this way once a day for the best result
5. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Aloe Vera
It is undoubted that aloe vera is an amazing ingredient for human’s health as it is widely used in many home remedies for skin diseases, including rash, burns, jock itch, scratches, swelling, etc. In fact, aloe vera is very well-known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory functions that can reduce skin irritation and itching quickly . Additionally, aloe vera also has the wonderful effects of soothing, moisturizing the skin, relieving skin infection and stimulating skin regeneration because it contains the high level of water. Hence, it can eradicate the fungus and harmful bacteria that cause jock itch fast.
- Extract the gel from oleo vera leave
- Apply the gel to your affected skin
- Let it dry naturally
- This way should be repeated three times a day
6. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Apple Cider Vinegar
There are many natural home remedies for jock itch, apple cider vinegar is among them. This ingredient helps to quickly get rid of the harmful pathogens which can cause jock itch. It is all thanks to the strong antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial functions. Moreover, the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is also good for eliminating the infection on your skin. In order to treat this problem fast, you shouldn’t miss the direction as below.
- Mix 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar and 2 glasses of warm water together
- Stir it well
- Place the solution to your affected areas
- Let it dry nicely, and then cover it with talcum powder
- Do this way 2-3 times a day
7. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – White Vinegar
Like apple cider vinegar, white vinegar is also effective in getting rid of the harmful bacteria that can stop your skin from infection and treat jock itch fast due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. But before using this remedy, you should refer to the following steps.
- Mix 2-3 drops of white vinegar with an equal ratio of water
- Soak a washcloth into the mixture
- Apply it to the infected areas and leave it on there for 5 minutes
- Let the area dry naturally
- Place talcum powder to it
- Do the same way two times a day to cure jock itch
8. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Onion
As you may know, onion brings a lot of benefits for your skin problems . That is reason why it is considered as one of the best natural home remedies for jock itch. In fact, it is loaded with the antifungal, antibacterial and antibiotic properties that can treat the fungus and reduce the symptoms causing jock itch effectively.
- Peel and grind an onion to make a thick paste
- Place the paste to the infected skin
- Let it sit on for 30 minutes
- Rinse the area off with lukewarm water, and then use a soft towel to dry it
- Follow the same way once a day to eliminate jock itch
9. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – White Vinegar & Coconut Oil
In order to treat jock itch quickly, you had better use the mixture of white vinegar and coconut oil. One study has proved that white vinegar possesses the antibacterial property that can help you to eradicate jock itch and protect your skin from infection excellently. Besides, coconut oil also has the great function of curing some skin diseases, including psoriasis, dermatitis, etc due to its inflammatory properties. In addition, this oil can relieve the itching and moisturize skin effectively.
- Make the mixture of 2-3 drops of white vinegar and an equal quantity of coconut oil
- Place the combination directly to your affected skin
- Let it sit overnight
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water in the morning
- This method should be followed once a day
10. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Holy Basil Leave & Honey
When taking about the excellent remedies you can use to get rid of jock itch at home, the mixture which is made of holy basil leave and honey will bring the positive effect to you. It is the fact that holy basil leave has the antifungal and antimicrobial properties that can kill the harmful bacteria and fungus resulting in jock itch. Also honey contains the antiseptic and anti-fungal functions to prevent your skin from the fungal infection. Now it is time to remove jock itch. And here is the direction for you.
- Grind holy basil leave, and then combine it with honey
- Mix it nicely to make a paste
- Apply the paste to your infected areas
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Do this way daily until your jock itch is completely cured
11. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Oatmeal
Oatmeal is said to be a wonderful natural home remedies for jock itch. And of course, it is very effective in protecting your skin from inflammation and healing the pains thanks to its avenanthramides . In addition, saponins in oatmeal can help to cleanse and moisturize the skin. Hence, the following direction will help you treat your problem soon.
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and put 2 cups of oatmeal powder in it
- Mix it nicely
- Soak yourself in the bathtub within 20 minutes
- Do the method every night before going to bed
12. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Jasmine & Orange Oil
The combination between jasmine and orange oil is also an effective remedy for those who are suffering from jock itch. These ingredients have the wonderful function of curing some skin problems, such as itchiness, rash, skin irritation, etc due to the antibacterial functions . Now please refer to the direction as below.
- Mix 1 tsp. of jasmine oil with 1 tsp. of orange oil
- Stir it well and place it to your affected skin
- Let it sit overnight
- Wash the area off with lukewarm water next day morning
- Follow this process daily until your skin condition is definitely treated
13. Home Remedies For Jock Itch – Listerine
One of the best natural ways for jock itch at home that you should know is Listerine. Thanks to the high antifungal, antiseptic and antibacterial functions found in Listerine, it can treat the fungal infections effectively. Therefore, if you want to get rid of jock itch quickly, please follow the instruction as below.
- Dip a cotton ball in Listerine
- Gently place it to your affected skin
- Wait for 15-20 minutes
- Perform this way daily until your jock itch is disappeared
The above remedies are the most excellent and simplest ones for jock itch that you should do at home. We hope that you will find out the most suitable way to escape from this disease fast. However, if your condition is serious, you should go to see a doctor for the best advice and treatment. And last but not least, don’t forget to follow our articles on Home Remedies page regularly to discover more about the natural home remedies for other problems. Please leave your comments below if you have any question about jock itch.