29. Avocado And Aloe Vera
One of the best DIY masks for the dry skin is avocado and aloe vera mixture. This natural mask will be an effective remedy for softening and hydrating the rough or chapped skin. The paste will be more effective if you add some honey in it. All the ingredients are perfect for a nice skin and they also work for sunburn and supply more antioxidants for the dry skin. How to do the paste at home? Let follow this direction:
- You take the ½ ripe avocado, some tablespoon of aloe vera gel, a tablespoon of honey, a teaspoon of coconut oil or almond oil, a tablespoon of oatmeal.
- The first thing you do is to mash the avocado in a bowl. Meanwhile, you warm up the honey.
- Now you stir the avocado in oatmeal, coconut oil, honey and aloe vera gel.
- Mix the ingredients together as a thick paste.
- Spread on the dry skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and use a warm cloth to wash the face.
- You can apply a moisturizer after that.
30. Milk Face Mask for Dry Skin
Do you usually drink milk every day? If yes, you should take some milk to make a good mask for your dry skin. Raw milk will be an excellent moisturizer for the dry skin and it is a homemade recipe that you can do every week at home. Due to its anti-inflammatory and soothing agent, milk greatly helps remove dry and itchy skin. Besides, the lactic acid found in milk helps exfoliate dead skin cells and increases the ability of the skin to retain moisture. Moreover, it helps lighten the complexion. The direction is:
- You should have some drops of essential oil, a teaspoon of aloe vera gel, a tablespoon of honey, and a teaspoon of powdered milk.
- Combine all the ingredients together and apply on the face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- This homemade recipe will not only good for the dry skin, but it is also useful to open the skin pores and soften the skin.
- This remedy is so simple, you just need to have ¼ cup of powdered milk and some water.
- Mix the water and milk together as a good paste.
- Then you coat the mixture on the face and wait until it is dry completely.
- Rinse off with warm water.
31. Olive Oil Face Mask for Dry Skin
Olive oil brings a lot of benefits for health and if you use it every week, your skin will reduce the dryness and roughness. A lot of people prefer using olive oil for treating dry skin as it comes with numerous antioxidants, vitamin K, vitamin E, as well as other wonderful ingredients that give anti-aging benefits. Let follow this instruction:
- You should have a teaspoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of yogurt, and a tablespoon of oat bran.
- You mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
- Smear the mixture on the face for 10 minutes or until it is dry.
- Rinse the face off with fresh water.
- You can apply a moisturizer when the skin is still wet.
- You can store the leftover mixture on a container and put in the refrigerator for a week.
32. Carrot Face Mask for Dry Skin
Carrot is good in vitamin A, which is an essential vitamin for the skin health. If you are getting dry skin, especially on the face, you should use carrot more often. It will bring more advantages if you combine carrot with other ingredients such as egg yolk, honey, avocado, etc. Carrot is a good source of potassium that can get rid of the dryness and inflammation on the skin. Moreover, this ingredient can moisturize the skin effectively. Here is the method to make a face mask for dry skin from carrot you should try:
- You should prepare an egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, a half of avocado, and a carrot.
- Now you boil or steam the carrot until it looks tender.
- Put it into a blender and blend it with the avocado until they are consistent.
- Stir the mixture in the egg yolk, honey and mix them well.
- When it is done, you smear the mask on the face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with a warm cloth and apply a moisturizer on the skin when it is till wet.
Recommended reading: 35 best natural beauty tips for glowing skin at home
33. Brown Sugar Mask
Sugar is sweet and you might not think about it when taking care of the skin. However, I suggest you try this mask for the dry skin and see the effectiveness when you use it from twice. Especially brown sugar is an excellent exfoliant for every skin type, especially for the dry skin. Here is the natural way to make a face mask for dry skin from brown sugar:
- Prepare a teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil and a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Mix the oil and brown sugar in a bowl and stir it well.
- You can add the sugar or oil if necessary.
- Apply the mixture on the face and use the fingertips to massage it circulation gently.
- Now you rinse off with warm water.
- You can apply a light moisturizer on the face.
34. Banana Mask
Banana is very delicious and this is a healthy fruit for everyone. For treating dry skin, you can use the banana to make the facial mask for moisturized skin. This is a simple method that many women have been trying and you can follow the direction as below:
- You just need a medium-sized ripe banana only.
- Now you mash the banana until it gets smooth.
- Then you apply the mask on the neck and face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
35. Effective Face Mask for Dry Skin – Vinegar Mask
Treating dry skin with natural ingredients is very cheap and convenient when you save the money and can do the remedies at home. To improve skin tone, you should follow the face mask for dry skin like this:
- You need to have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and some cups of water.
- Use the mixture to rinse the face.
- Or you can mix two ingredients and apply on the face. Wait until it is dry and wash with fresh water.
Learn more: How To Cure Scars And Acne On The Face
36. Face Mask for Dry Skin – Mayonnaise Mask
Have you have eaten mayonnaise? It is very tasty, right? Along with the benefits for health, mayonnaise can be used to cure dry skin. Because mayonnaise is rich in oil content and egg is considered as the greatest hydrator for skin. Typically, it helps to hydrate the dry cells in your skin and leaves you look younger. This ingredient is available in the refrigerator and you can apply it every week.
- Take some mayonnaise and apply on the face for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Your face will look smooth and clean.
37. Face Mask for Dry Skin – Yogurt Mask
You do not have to buy expensive cream or cosmetic products to treat dry skin, but you can try the natural ingredients like yogurt to get rid of the problem at home. This ingredient is a good assistant for the skin tone and it also tighten the pores very well. Yogurt is a great skin-hydrating agent. Further, it comprises of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which help soothe itchy and dry skin. Moreover, its lactic acid soothes, tightens and softens your skin. Yogurt is also natural antifungal and antibacterial properties that remove germs and other bacteria as well.
- You use some plain yogurt and apply on the face.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash off with water.
- You can mix some orange juice with a teaspoon of plain yogurt, a teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mixture on the face for 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Mix ½ cup of yogurt and 3 tbsp of mashed or blended papaya. Stir in several drops each of lemon juice and honey.
- Then, apply it on the skin and wash it off with cold water after 10 minutes. Do this one time a week.
If you want to get more tips and tricks on skin care, you can visit our main Skin Care page to update. After viewing the writing about the homemade face mask for dry skin, I think that you have got the comprehensive information to take care of your skin best and effectively at home. With the above treatments, you can apply for other parts of the body such as the face, hands, neck, etc. To have any question, you might leave it as a comment as below.