Table Of Contents
Sugar presented in almost juices makes them forbidden for diabetics; however, pomegranate juice is an exception. It is said that antioxidants in this juice make sugar more protective and useful at fighting diseases. It can help to decrease blood sugar levels, alleviate the symptoms of diabetes, etc. Even though pomegranate juice is an excellent ingredient for diabetic treatment, many people still wonder about it. Today's article on Effective Remedies will give you a detailed answer to the question “why is pomegranate juice good for diabetics?” and how to use it effectively. Keep reading, and you will find it very useful.
- Top 14 useful tips to prevent diabetes
- Top 20 effective home remedies for diabetes (This article was medically reviewed/fact checked by Millie Lytle, ND, MPH)
Why Is Pomegranate Juice Good For Diabetics? And Its Uses
I. What Is Diabetes?
Diabetes is the situation when the pancreas cannot produce insulin, a hormone in charge of transferring glucose in the food you eat to energy. In this case, glucose accumulated in your body will lead to raised blood sugar levels. If this condition continues, it causes diabetes and damage to your body.
Diabetes is the leading reason for kidney-related diseases, heart attack, blindness, and so on. About 422 million people all over the world were reported to get trouble with diabetes over the last decade. In America, the number of diabetic patients was nearly 50 percent.
Diabetes is not only a health risk but also a financial and emotional burden. People living with diabetes always try their best to improve the condition; and choosing the right foods is an essential step. While scientists warn people with diabetes to avoid almost juice, pomegranate juice is recommended. Both seeds and juice from the pomegranate can help to lower blood sugar levels and reduce the symptoms of diabetes. Here are the reasons.
II. Is Pomegranate Juice Good For Diabetics?
In most juice, sugar exists in free form, so it is hazardous to people with diabetes. However, sugar in pomegranate juice is attached with antioxidants; therefore, it is proved to be able to lower the blood sugar level . A study was conducted on diabetic patients within three hours. Depending on their weight, they were allowed to drink a certain amount of pomegranate juice (1.5 ml per kg). After three hours, all participants showed a significant decrease in their blood sugar levels.
The antioxidants in pomegranate juice also help to fight against the free radical damage to the cells and organs when your body is too weak to work. Also, they help prevent the absorption of unhealthy LDL cholesterol; thereby, lower the risk of getting heart diseases due to diabetes.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
Drinking pomegranate juice is also useful at encouraging the activities of beta cells in the pancreas, which are responsible for producing insulin. Furthermore, this habit helps insulin produced work more efficiently. Besides, the juice from pomegranate helps to prevent obesity caused by diabetes.
III. How To Use Pomegranate Juice For Diabetics
From the above information, we can make sure that pomegranate juice is an excellent choice for a diabetic diet. However, do you know how to use this fruit effectively? If not, have a look at the following directions.
Things you need
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup of water
- A blender
- A mesh strainer
How to do
- Cut the pomegranate into two parts.
- Take a large bowl, put them in it, and fill with water
- Remove the pomegranate seeds underwater
- Strain to take pomegranate seeds
- Put them in the blender and add a cup of water
- Run the blender several times to break the seeds
- Strain using the mesh strainer to get the juice
- Enjoy a cup of pomegranate juice
Note: People with diabetes should not add any sugar to this juice.
IV. Other Foods For Diabetes
Besides pomegranate juice, you should also consider adding more of the following foods to your diet to take better control of your diabetes
- Vitamin C: It will help to reduce inflammation and lower the blood sugar level, especially for patients of type II diabetes.
- Leafy Greens: They are rich sources of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, to increase the immunity of your body.
- Cinnamon: This ingredient is famous for its ability to increase insulin sensitivity, balance blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol levels, and many other health benefits. Consuming cinnamon (less than one teaspoon) per day will help to maintain a healthy body and a good appearance.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds can slow down the process in which food is absorbed and transferred to your gut; thereby, it contributes to lowering the blood glucose levels.
- Greek Yogurt: The good probiotics in yogurt will assist your body in controlling glucose levels and preventing heart diseases .
- Broccoli: This type of vegetable contains 27 calories only, so it is safe for people with diabetes. Also, it is useful at preventing the damage caused by free radicals.
Above is the answer to the question “is pomegranate juice good for diabetics?” Drinking this simple juice is not enough to cure diabetes, so you should combine with a healthy diet and exercising regularly. All content provided is for informational and educational purposes. Thus, we recommend you consult a doctor to determine which method is appropriate for you. If you have any question or other ways, you can leave your comment under this article. For other natural and effective home remedies for beauty and health issues, you can visit the category DIY Recipes to get more information.