Pores are very sensitive, so if people do not spend time on caring about them, they can be easily clogged because of dirt, virus, bacteria, etc. This state can be more and more serious and lead to some other skin issues such as acne, skin redness, and inflammation. However, clogged pores are very simple to remove. Today, in this writing, Effective Remedies will give you 9 best ways on how to get rid of clogged pores on face, nose, chin, and eyes, which gradually bring you the glowing skin. Keep reading this articles to have the best information to keep an eye on your skin.
9 Best Ways On How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores On Face, Nose, Chin, & Eyes
I. What Cause Clogged Pores?
Clogged pores are the result of many factors including the external and the internal ones. Here are some primary aspects leading to congested pores:
- Hormone: The more hormone productions our body increase, the more sebum it produces. Therefore, puberty is the best time for clogged pores to flourish because there are a large number of hormones produced at that time. The congested pores will present more in the T-zone. On the other hand, they will appear more in the lower part of the adult’s face.
- Excessive oil production: The oil in the skin cannot cause the acne or clogged pores. However, when it combines with the dead skin cells, it will create plugs clogging the pores. The bacteria living on your skin can thrive on the excess oil on these pores, and gradually your skin can redden and inflamed.
- Environment: Air pollution becomes more and more serious nowadays especially in the developed countries. Each day, people have to expose with tons of gas, toxins released from the factories, construction sites, etc. The dirt can easily stick to our skin, causing many skin disorders such as clogged pores, acne. Moreover, not only the skin but also our whole body will feel the effects.
- Makeup: With the big demand for using cosmetic from almost women nowadays, people can easily buy the fake products, made of the unoriginal materials but their price is exorbitant. Therefore, your skin can be allergic to these materials, and you can tackle some skin disorders. In another case, if women are lazy to remove their makeup at the end of the day, the makeup can block the pores, causing congested pores.
- Diet: Spicy or fried foods which the teens are really into nowadays can be the culprit causing clogged pores since when we consume them regularly, the liver and kidney cannot reject the whole toxic substances. Moreover, while eating hot and spicy food, we will release a large amount of sweat due to the high temperature of the food. These sweat combine with the oil in your skin can trap the dirt and the bacteria, causing clogged pores.
II. Effective Ways How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores On Face, Nose, Chin, Eyes
1. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores With Sugar
Sugar is one of the best ingredients for skin because of its hydration. Once we apply sugar to the skin, sugar will hydrate and keep your skin in the moisture condition. Furthermore, the glycolic acid presenting in sugar can restore the skin cells, reveal the glowing, and make your skin fresher. It also protects the skin against the sun damaged from the UV lights
- Mix two tablespoons of brown sugar into two tablespoons of honey
- Combine them well until we have a soft paste
- Wash your face with clean water
- Apply the mixture on your skin and wait for about 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- Buy some lemons and squeeze them to get the lemon extract
- Take a little amount of water and combine with two tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Add the lemon extract into the mixture above and mix them well
- Rub the mixture into your face and keep it for about 5-10 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water
Repeat this method once a week to get the market result.
2. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores With Honey
Containing a huge amount of antibacterial, antioxidants and antiseptic properties, honey is truly the best ingredient to help people get rid of the clogged pores by removing dirt and the bacteria in your skin. Moreover, honey can remove the dead skin cells and provide the adequate water, bringing you the “Honey skin” like many Korean girls. Notably, for those who own the sensitive skin, honey will be your savior because of its anti-inflammatory substances.
- Two teaspoons of honey
- Two tablespoons of yogurt
- A teaspoon of olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Apply the mixture into your skin and keep it in your face for about 20 minutes
- Massage your face gently
- Rinse it off with warm water
Do this method once a week to get the visible result.
You can also try the easier method by only applying the raw honey into your face or the affected skin and leaving it for about 3-5 minutes. Then you massage your face gently and wash it with lukewarm water.
See more: Korean girls’ skin care secrets
3. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores With Lemon
Thanks to the natural antiseptic in lemon, it will help us clean out the dirt on the face and remove the excessive oil. Moreover, the alpha hydroxy acid can remove the dead skin cells, regenerate the new ones, fade the dark spots and lighten up your skin tone. With these benefits to our skin, lemon is definitely the trusted ingredient in getting rid of clogged pores.
If you do not have time, you can cut the lemon and squeeze them to get the lemon extract. Then you use the cotton pad to rub it on your skin. Remember keeping the lemon extract into your face until it dries and rinsing it off with cool water. However, there is a controversy that we should not apply the lemon directly into your face especially the pimples. Instead of that, we should combine with other ingredients to create the mixture.
- One teaspoon of yogurt
- One teaspoon of honey
- 5 lemons
- 5 teaspoons of sugar
- Squeeze the lemons to get a teaspoon of lemon juice
- Add yogurt, honey, and sugar into the lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients well
- Rub the mixture into your face and massage gently for 3 minutes
- Wait for about 10 minutes and remove the mixture with lukewarm water
Do this method twice a week
4. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores With Baking Soda
Baking soda has many benefits for our skin. Containing antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, baking soda will be the ideal ingredient for some mild rashes, sunburn or skin irritation. It can also remove the dirt and unclog the congested pores. If you are tackling the acne breakouts, baking soda will help you relieve the inflammation and affect the skin. However, some people have the side effect when using baking soda as it might interfere with the pH level of your skin or dry out the congested pores. Therefore, consider your skin type carefully before using it.
- Take a tablespoon of water into a cup
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda into the water and combine well until we get a soft paste
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it for 5 minutes
- Rinse it off thoroughly with water
5. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores With Apples
Apple is one of the healthiest fruit that many experts recommend using. It contains many nutrients such as vitamin C, A, calcium, phosphorous, etc., which is not only good for your skin but also improves the immune system and the eyesight. In treating clogged pores, the high amount of collagen and elastic will help you to hydrate the skin, provide the moisture and clean your skin as well. Apple will be the great toner to tighten the skin, unclog the pores and increase the blood circulation.
- A tablespoon of honey
- An egg yolk
- A tablespoon of wine
- 3 tablespoons of almond oil
- Cut the apples into small pieces and put them to the grinder to get a soft paste
- Add the rest ingredients into the apple paste and mix them well
- Apply the mixture to your face and keep it for about 15-20 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
Do this method once a week.
6. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores With Egg White Mask
Egg stores many nutrients that the skin needs such as protein, vitamin A, selenium, iron, etc. The vitamin D in the egg will control gene activity, which plays a vital role in regenerating the new cells. Particularly, the egg white will help us clean the surface of your face by removing the dirt and the bacteria, cleaning the pores and absorbing the extra oils that stay on your skin.
- Divide the egg into two parts: the egg white and the yolk.
- Use a spoon to whisk the egg white gently
- Rub the paste-like sticky egg white in your skin and leave it for about 20 minutes
- Clear your face carefully with cold water
Do this method twice a week
7. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores With Avocado
Rich in vitamin A, avocado is the great tool for cleaning the skin. It can remove the dead skin cells, clean the dirt and excessive oil, and protect the skin against many harsh environmental factors such as dirt, pollution or UV light. Moreover, if you eat avocado every day, the avocado will be an excellent fruit in controlling the acne by removing the toxins from your skin and body. Furthermore, with other nutrients which present in avocado, our skin can be healthier and more glowing.
- Remove the outer of the avocado and put it in the grinder to get a paste
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and an egg white into the paste above
- Combine all the ingredients well
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it for about 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water first and rewash your face with cold water
8. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores With Oatmeal
Some people consider oatmeal a superfood in skincare because of many uses. Oat works as a perfect skin cleanser by removing the dirt, the extra oil, and the bacteria on your face. Oatmeal is also a rich source of proteins and lipids which plays an important role in providing water and keeping moisture for the skin. Moreover, oatmeal can heal the inflammation, the sunburn by UV light and reduce the itchiness.
- Mix a teaspoon of oatmeal into two teaspoons of olive oil then combine them well
- Apply the mixture to your face and gently massage it
- Let the mixture stay in your skin for about 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
Repeat this method twice a week to get the visible result.
III. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores – Food You Should Avoid
Your diet also plays a vital role in getting rid of clogged pores so you should consider well for your meal. Here is the list for the ones who are trying to remove clogged pores:
- Dairy products: Dairy products are foods produced from the milk of mammals including butter, yogurt, cheese, etc. Some people highly focus on eating dairy foods because they are nutrient-rich, which is the source of many nutrients such as protein, calcium, vitamin, phosphorus, potassium, etc. We cannot deny the benefits of dairy items to our health, but if we consume them too much, it can lead to some problems related to your skin. In milk, especially from the perpetually impregnated cows contains stores, there are some components associated with hormone testosterone which can promote the oil production in the skin. The oil combine with the dirt sticking to your face can block the clogged, bringing about clogged pores.
- Soy: Soy contains phytoestrogens which can disrupt the hormone balance in our body. Once the hormone is unbalanced, it can lead to excess the estrogen in the system. In some arguments, some people believed that the estrogen dominance could cause clogged pores, leading to acne.
- Fast food: Fast food becomes more and more convenient in the modern life nowadays. However, when we eat the high number of junk foods, your skin will react. Fast food is often fried deeply in the low-quality oil which stimulates the insulin hormone production in our body. The insulin can not only make the clogged pores become serious but also make the skin drier and thicker. Moreover, the refined vegetable oil which the fast food is fried in contains a tremendous amount of omega-6 essential fatty acids, which easily makes our skin more sensitive.
- Artificial sweeteners: According to some studies, artificial sweeteners store some harmful substances which are bad not only for your skin but also for your body. The high amount of insulin in these products can cause the hormone to unbalance, promoting the oil production in the surface of your face and triggering some skin disorders such as clogged pores and acne breakouts.
- Alcohol: We often turn to alcohol as a way to relax, but if we abuse them, it will have many bad impacts on your skin and your health. Drinking too much alcohol can build the puffiness in your skin, putting the pressure on the pores and narrowing down the pore lining. This situation can bring about the dead cells and trap the oil in pores, causing clogged pores.
Discover more Top foods causing acne.
IV. How To Get Rid Of Clogged Pores – Simple Ways To Prevent From Recurring
Clogged pores are easy to treat, but it can easily recur; therefore, we will recommend some tips for you to prevent clogged pores from coming back.
1. Cosmetic Products
Your skin may be easily affected by the cosmetic products, so you should make sure to say goodbye to some harsh products as the more you use them, the drier and more sensitive your face will become. Instead of that, you need to choose the authentic products which are suitable for your skin type. It is better to use the lotion, toner or mask often to provide the adequate moisture and refresh your skin. You can find these products in its stores or buy online on the websites.
2. Keep The Skin Clean
Dirt and oil can easily appear on your face, so firstly, you should protect your face before going outside by wearing a gauze mask and the glasses. At home, you need to sweep the floor and clean the doors and windows regularly to avoid bacteria. It is of great importance that you wash your face daily with the cleanser twice a day: before going to bed and after waking up in the morning. When washing your face, remember using a mild cleanser and remove with the lukewarm water. You can discover more ways to make your skin always clean.
3. Exfoliate Often
Many people belittle the skin exfoliation, but in comparison with other steps of skin care, exfoliating is as important as washing or moisturizing the face. If you exfoliate often, you can remove the dirt, minimize the pores and reduce acne. It can also hide the wrinkles and bring back to you the glowing skin. Nevertheless, after exfoliating, your face will be sensitive and raw, so it is vital to use the moisturizer to provide the water.
4. Drink Water
The skin contains 67% of water, so if you do not drink enough water, your skin will be dry and very fragile, which can create the wrinkles. Drinking water is one of the best natural ways to get the healthy skin. By obtaining the adequate water, you can maintain the pH balance, reduce the wrinkles and prevent the clogged pores.
Get more: Important vitamins for the dry skin.
All content provided is for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you. You can also visit our How To page to discover further knowledge about the skin as well as the health problems. If you have any queries about our writing, you can leave a comment on the box below. Or if you know other ways on how to get rid of clogged pores on face, nose, chin, and eyes, please share with us.