Bed bugs are small insects, and their main food source is the animal and human blood. They usually work at night while people are sleeping. A bed bug bite often appears on uncovered parts of your body like the face, neck, arms, and hands. There are many common symptoms of the bed bug bites such as redness, itching, etc. Besides the physical effects caused by the bed bug bite, many people also experienced various psychological effects like anxiety, agitation, nervousness, embarrassment, and sleeplessness. There are many ways of healing bug bites at home by using natural solutions such as herbs, vegetables, fruits, and other ingredients. In this article, EffectiveRemedies.com will show you the best home remedies for bed bugs bites removal on body. The following writing collected information from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice. Keep reading this writing to discover more!
Top 27 Natural Home Remedies For Bed Bugs Bites Removal On Body
1. Plantain For Treating Bed Bugs Bites
Plantain is known as a common weed which is very useful for soothing skin irritations such as bed bug bites.
- To apply this treatment, you simply take a little plantain and then chew it.
- After that, you place it directly on your affected area and let it on there for a few minutes
- You should keep applying this weed until you get rid of this condition completely
2. Baking Soda And Water
Also known as sodium bicarbonate, baking soda may help you to neutralize acidic chemicals that could be causing the itching due to your bug bites. In addition, it is an anti-inflammation that will help to ease swelling and redness.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
You will need:
- 1 glass of baking soda
- 3 glass of water
- Firstly, you mix the baking soda with water together and stir them well
- Then you soak a clean cloth to this mixture and dip it directly on your affected area.
- You let it sit on there for about 5 to 10 minutes
- Finally, you wash off with clean and cool water.
- You may repeat this process after 30 to 45 minutes if you still don’t feel comfortable after doing it.
3. White Clay
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.A
Using white cosmetic clay mixed with water is another remedy in the list of top 27 home remedies for bed bugs. This cosmetic clay has the ability to soothe the bites as well as help you to heal this condition better.
You will need:
- A half bowl of white cosmetic clay
- A little water
- First of all, you pour enough water to the bowl containing the white cosmetic clay.
- Then you mix them well until they form a fine paste
- Now, you place this paste directly on your affected skin areas and wait for a few minutes until it becomes dry.
- After it dries, you rinse it off with clean water at any time you need.
- White clay is sold popularly as “Bug bite powder” with a much higher price.
4. Use Witch Hazel To Get Rid Of The Bed Bugs Bites
Witch hazel is considered as a liquid astringent which can be bought from a drug store. This liquid is not only used like a facial cleanser but also contain a mild anesthetic thanks to its tannins property and thereby helping you in soothing itchiness caused by the bed bug bites.
You will need:
- A cup of witch hazel
- A cotton ball/clean cloth
- Firstly, you dip the cotton ball/clean cloth in the cup that contains witch hazel.
- Then you apply this cloth to your affected skin area and allow it to stay on there for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, you remove it and do the same process again as you need.
5. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is also an effective remedy for treating bug bites. It can moisturize your skin, boost up the scar tissue regeneration, as well as fade the bed bug bite scar.
- To apply vitamin E, you just puncture a vitamin E capsule and then apply this oil directly on the bed bug bites.
- You should apply this vitamin E oil regularly to get rid of the condition.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
This vinegar is beneficial for healing the bug bites thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties with acetic acid content. It can help you much more in reducing itching and burning. You may apply white vinegar to replace if you can’t get the apple cider vinegar.
You will need:
- Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- A clean cloth
- You simply soak the clean cloth in a cup of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
- Then you rub it directly on your bed bug bites
- Keep waiting for a few minutes to let it dry and then wash off with clean water.
- You should do this process again after a few hours if your symptoms do not reduce.
To explore more home remedies for bed bugs, stay with us for our next post!
7. Using Toothpaste
Toothpaste has the ability to eliminate the itching and burning that is caused by the bug bites thanks to the baking soda and menthol in it.
- To apply it, you simply smooth the menthol toothpaste and then apply it directly on your affected area.
- You wait for about 10 minutes until it dries and rinse off with clean water.
- Keep applying the toothpaste whenever you need.
Note: Remember to apply the white toothpaste for this remedy.
Cucumber can give you an instant relief from itching and swelling that caused due to the bug bites. In addition, it is also high in caffeic acid and a large amount of vitamin C and thereby helping you to reduce inflammation.
- At first, you cut a cucumber into slices and then rub these slices on your affected skin areas.
- You let them sit on there for 10 to 15 minutes and take them out of your skin.
- To get a better soothing effect, you should put these cucumber pieces firstly in the refrigerator to make it cool.
- Keep repeating this process whenever you need.
9. Green Tea Bags
The moist tea bags may help you to fight the itching and swelling caused due to the insect bites including the bed bug bites. These bags contains tannins that have mild anesthetic and astringent properties and thereby having the ability to stimulate the healing process
- First of all, you put a moist in the refrigerator and wait for at least 30 minutes.
- Then you put this tea bag directly on your affected skin area and let it sit on there for 15 minutes.
- You should do the same process whenever you need.
Another remedy in the list of top 27 home remedies for bed bugs is using aspirin. This remedy can help you to stop the itching and swelling caused by the bed bug bites!.
- To prepare it, you just crush an aspirin tablet
- Then you put 1 or 2 drops of water in it and mix well until they form a paste
- Now, you rub this aspirin paste on your bug bites and let it sit on there for a few minutes.
- You should apply it regularly to get rid of this condition.
11. Oatmeal, Peppermint Oil, And Water
Thanks to the anti-inflammatory and soothing properties in it, oatmeal is known as an excellent treatment to ease skin irritation and itching which is caused due to the bug bites. It also has beneficial for healing many skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis.
Remedy 1: Oatmeal and water
You will need:
- Some teaspoons of oatmeal powder
- A little water
- Firstly, you put the oatmeal in enough water and then mix them well until they form a fine paste.
- Then you rub this paste directly on your affected skin area.
- Next, you allow it to sit on there for 15 to 30 minutes and wash it off with clean water.
- You should apply this process 3 to 4 times per day during a week.
Remedy 2: Soaking to colloidal oatmeal and water mixture
You will need:
- ½ cup of colloidal oatmealA tank of warm waterSome drops of peppermint essential oil
- You simply put the colloidal oatmeal in the warm water tank and then mix them together.
- Next, you combine this water with the peppermint essential oil and continue to stir them well.
- Now, you soak yourself in the water tank and sit on there for about 15 minutes.
- You should do this remedy for a few days to get an improvement.
12. Mud And Water
If you are outside for camping and you do not have any home remedies to treat the itching caused by the bug bites, you may use mud as one of the effective home remedies for bed bugs.
- To apply mud, you just collect a little mud and then mix it with some drops of water
- You stir them well to make a paste and apply this paste directly on your affected skin area
- You should do this process regularly to keep this problem at bay
13. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is considered as a wonderful plant which has the ability to heal many skin problems including the bed bug bites. It is not difficult to find a product of aloe vera at store; however, the greatest way to remove the itching from the bite of the bed bug is applying the aloe Vera gel from an aloe Vera plant.
- To apply the gel from an aloe vera plant, you just take a fresh aloe Vera leaf.
- Then you cut this leaf into slices and rub these slices directly on your skin
- Or you may squeeze the leaf to get its gel and apply it on the affected areas.
- If you have a sensitive skin, you should test it on a small skin area before using this remedy.
- Keep applying this process 3 to 4 times per day.
Another remedy in the list of top 27 home remedies for bed bugs is using onion. Onion has the ability to help you in relieving itching and swelling.
- You simply take a fresh onion and then cut it into a half.
- Next, you rub it directly on your affected areas.
- You should apply the same process a few times per day to get rid of this condition.
15. Lemon Juice
The juice of a lemon is known as a natural astringent. This juice may help you to dry out rashes caused due to the bug bites and eliminate itching. In addition, the lemon juice also contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that will help you in reducing redness and swelling as well as in preventing infection.
You will need:
- A cotton ball or a clean cloth
- 1 or 2 lemons
- You firstly cut the lemon into half and then squeeze them to get its juice.
- Next, you soak the cotton ball/clean cloth in this lemon juice and rub it gently on your affected skin areas.
- You should allow it to dry naturally and rinse it off with clean water.
- Keep doing the same process 3 or 4 times per day to get an improvement.
Note: Lemon juice may make your skin susceptible to sunburn. Therefore, you have to remember not to be outside for several hours after you apply this remedy.
16. Sugar Cube
You will need:
- A sugar cube
- A small cloth
- First of all, you take the cloth and then damp it.
- Now, you mash a sugar cube and put it in the cloth.
- You wrap the cloth and apply it directly on the affected area. This process will help you to reduce the pain and eliminate the swelling.
- You should apply this several times per day until you get rid of this problem completely.
17. Ice Cubes
The cold temperature in ice may make the nerve endings be numbed; therefore, using ice cubes will help you to relieve the itching sensation caused due to the bug bites. In addition, it also helps you in calming the swelling.
You will need:
- Some ice cubes
- A thin towel
- At first, you put the ice cubes in the towel and wrap it
- Next, you allow it to sit on your affected areas.
- After waiting for 10 to 15 minutes, you take it out of your skin.
- You should reapply the same process whenever you need.
Basil is very beneficial for treating the bug bites. Here is one of the natural home remedies for bed bugs that you can follow.
- You simply take a few fresh basil leaves and wash it thoroughly
- Then you use a blender to blend them until they form a paste
- Now, you apply this basil paste directly on your bitten areas
- You should keep applying this process until you get rid of this condition
19. Neem Leaf
Neem leaf contains antimicrobial properties that can help you in healing bed bug bites more quickly.
Remedy 1: Make a paste with neem leaf
- At first, you grate 1 handful of neem leaves gently to make a paste.
- Next, you apply this paste directly on your affected skin areas.
- You have to repeat this process as soon as this paste dries.
Remedy 2: Take a bath with the neem leaf water
- At first, you allow the water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then you put a few neem leaves in it and let it boil for some other minutes.
- After that, you strain the water and remove the leaves.
- Now, you pour this water in a tank containing full of bath water.
- You soak yourself in this water for 10 to 15 minutes before you go to bed to treat the bitten areas.
20. The Combination Of Honey And Cinnamon
Honey has the ability to help you to relieve and heal all kinds of allergic symptoms. Honey will help to ease the redness that is caused by bed bug bites.
Using honey mixed with cinnamon is one of the wonderful effective home remedies for bed bugs because cinnamon is considered as a prostaglandin inhibitor and help to ease inflammation, therefore, the combination of two these ingredients will make a wonderful paste for healing this problem.
- You take 2 teaspoons of honey and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- Then you stir them well until they form a fine paste
- You rub this paste directly on your affected skin areas and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Finally, you wash off with clean water and keep doing the same process till you feel better.
Using alcohol will help you to reduce itching caused by the bitten areas as well as protect your skin from infection.
- You simply take a piece of cotton and soak it in alcohol
- Then you put it directly on the affected areas.
- If you do not want to hold the cotton, you may put band-aid in it
- You should apply this process several times per day until the bitten areas are removed completely.
22. Juniper Berries, Butter, Beeswax, And Cloves
The combination of cloves and juniper berries is an old world natural homemade treatment for various problems including bed bug bites. The juniper berries belong to the family Cupressaceae and have the dark purple color. This berry is high vitamin C and the bibroduct which is known as a kind of oils. This oil can help you to ease itching while vitamin C may fortify the immune response. In addition, clove has eugenol which makes bed bug bites be numbed.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of ground juniper berries
- 1 tablespoon of ground cloves
- A pot
- You firstly melt the beeswax in the pot
- Then you add the unsalted butter, ground juniper berries, ground cloves in this pot and stir them well.
- You allow this mixture to cool for a few minutes and then apply it on your affected skin.
Lavender can help you to heal itching without saving any odd smell on your skin.
It has the ability to get rid of itching instantly. Besides, many people say that using lavender to take a bath before going to bed is an effective remedy for preventing the bed bugs appearance at night because the lavender smell can keep the bed bugs at bay.
- First of all, you add a few drops of lavender oil in the warm water.
- Next, you stir them well and soak yourself in this for 15 to 30 minutes.
- You may apply lavender oil mixed with juniper berries to take a bath in order to improve the healing powers of lavender.
You may use the spoon that is heated to make the nerves be numbed for a few minutes and thereby helping to dispose of the bed bug bites.
- First of all, you soak a spoon in a glass or cup of hot water
- Next, you put the hot spoon directly on your affected skin areas.
- You should notice that it can burn your skin if the spoon is too hot.
- You can repeat the same process at least 3 to 4 times per day.
Banana is very helpful for treating itching caused by the bites of the bed bugs.
- First of all, you take a ripe banana and you peel it.
- Then you put the inside skin of its peel and rub it directly to the bitten areas.
- Now, you allow it to sit on there for about 20to 30 minutes.
- Finally, you wash it off with plain water and hand sanitizer.
26. Take A Bath In Warm Water
Taking a bath with warm water is one of the easiest home remedies for bed bugs that you can try.
- You just take ½ cup of peppermint oil or oatmeal powder or baking soda (combined with a pinch of salt or Alka-seltzer).
- Next, you mix it with the warm bath water and stir well.
- Then you soak yourself to it and sit on there for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- You should repeat it regularly to get the best results.
27. Soap And Water
You can use water mixed with mild soap as another remedy in the list of top 27 home remedies for bed bugs.
- In order to use this way, you simply use enough water with a bar of soap to make your hands wet. You have to work the soap in your palms into the thick soapy lather. Then you dab the lather to your bitten areas liberally.
- You should remember to repeat the same process until the bitten areas are covered. Be sure that you let it be on your skin without washing.
- You allow the soap lather to dry naturally and it will give you a relief from the itching and swelling immediately.
If you want to know more about natural, at home remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 27 natural home remedies for bed bugs bites removal on body, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get rid of bed bug bites quickly and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any at home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for bed bugs, please leave them below.