People seem to be more beautiful when they have a tan that will add a warm glow to their skin, mask blemishes, and help to make colorful clothes stand out. However, it may be a tricky business to get a right tan because there are UV rays and awkward orange colors you have to avoid, and some tan lines you should consider. By a little knowledge with forethought, you may overcome any obstacles and get a perfect tan. This article in EffectiveRemedies.com will show you 19 best tips ever on how to get a tan fast and easily. You should keep in mind these useful tips if you want to own a nice tanned skin.
Top 19 Tips How To Get A Tan Fast
1. Keep Your Skin Hydrated
The first of 19 tips on how to get a tan is to always keep your skin hydrated. It is recommended by many experts that a well-hydrated skin will tan better and faster than dusty and dry skin. Before you tan your skin, you should do the following below:
First of all, you gently scrub your skin with a rough cloth, loofah, or exfoliating soap while you take a shower to help remove the dead and dry epidermal cells.
Then you use your favorite lotion that has sodium PCA to moisturize the skin.
2. Apply Sunscreen When You Tan
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
If you do not apply sunscreen when you are tanning, UVB & UVA rays are still harmful to your skin. You may apply a lip balm along with sunscreen in the shade and then allow it to soak in it for about 20-25 minutes before you go out and expose to the sunshine.
When you are trying the best to achieve a perfect tan, it is very important to apply a sunscreen with SPF. If you are afraid that it may prevent you from getting a tan, you should think again. It seems to be odd and not really productive. However, if you apply a sunscreen with SPF, your tan can last longer. If you apply a sunscreen with an SPF level of 8 to 10, you can get a tan gradually. In fact, a gradual tan often lasts much longer than when you get a tan all at once. Moreover, another benefit of applying a sunscreen with SPF may also help to avoid skin cancer. The SPF can filter some dangerous rays from the sunshine.
3. Moisturize Your Skin After Tanning
This is a very important step after you tan. You'd better use an aloe skin cream to assist you in moisturizing and soothing your skin. Moreover, moisturizing the skin will help you to keep a healthy skin and prevent it from being flaky and dry after exposing to the sunshine.
A softer skin seems to be better tanned. Hence, you should keep your body moisturized at night before you have a plan to sunbathe in the next morning and make your skin as silky as possible. You should concentrate more on the problematic areas that can dry more quickly as they can lead to an uneven tan. In addition, you have to make sure that you drink enough water to keep your skin and well-hydrated during you are tanning.
Keep staying with us for our next post if you want to get more ways how to get a tan!
4. Exfoliate The Skin Gently & Regularly
Tanning is the skin reacting to the sunshine. To getting a tan properly, you have to make sure that you exfoliate your skin regularly to avoid building up the dead skin cells and to prevent them from blocking the rays. If you forget to exfoliate the skin, you will get an uneven tan and you certainly don't want it. Hence, let scrub your skin lightly so that you do not remove all the color if you have already a darker skin. If you’re finding a natural scrub, you may do it yourself and there are many options for you to choose such as granulated sugar combined with honey, coffee mixed with oil, ground oatmeal with a little bit of salt.
5. Keep Moving While You Tan
If you want to get a perfect tan, remember to allow all of your body parts to expose to the sunshine. When you tan your front, you have your arms up. Hence, when you turn on the stomach, make sure that you keep the arms out as well. By this way, you may let even the body parts which seem to be harder to show off expose to the sun. When you feel drowsy, you may curl up under the umbrella to enjoy a sleep. Here are important tips that you have to remember while you tan.
- Position yourself to get the sunshine directly
- Flip your body over frequently every 15 to 30 minutes
- Lay out on a middle day between about 10am and 4pm
- Use a sheet or reflective towel to focus the sunshine.
- Lay on the floatation device on water
- Reapply the natural oil or tanning lotion every two hours or after exposing to the sun.
6. Do Not Take A Bath
This is an important step that you should pay attention to this step if you are wondering how to get a tan. You don't take a bath before you tan because the natural oils of your body will help you in tanning. You only take a bath for sunless tanning.
7. Opt For UV Source
You should opt for the UV source properly. Nothing may beat old-fashioned and good sunshine for UV tanning. If the sky or weather doesn't permit, tanning bed may be a year-round and effective alternative to make your skin lightly browned. You'd better keep all moderately; otherwise, your great looking skin can end looking as leather if you stay in the “oven” for a long time.
8. (Un)dress For Success
You should wear a swimsuit which you will wear when you swim if you don't want to get an uneven tan. Using the same swimsuit may give you a buttery and smooth tan which flows from your skin to the bathing suit. Or you may skip the swimsuit if you can.
9. Find Place In The Sun
Finding a good place in the sunshine is a very effective tip on how to get a tan. You can simply tan at your backyard. Besides, you may tan at the beach or anywhere having the sunshine. Everything you need to prepare is tanning lotion, water, a towel and a beach chair.
10. How To Get A Tan with Natural Oil
Natural oil will attract the sunshine as well as provide you with a healthy tan.
You just apply one of the natural oils before you tan. Then you rinse it off with the soap and water when the tanning is completed. Here are some natural oils that you can apply:
- Coconut oil
- Hazelnut oil
- Olive oil
- Wheat-germ oil
- Sunflower oil
- Avocado oil
- Sesame oil
- Green tea oil
11. Time Yourself
Another among 19 tips on how to get a tan fast is to time yourself. You have to make sure you will only spend 15 to 30 minutes on all your body parts. Lying in the sunshine constantly is not good for your skin. Therefore, about 15 to 30 minutes, you should change sides. Besides, you need to drink enough cool water and put on a tan oil accelerator. It may take up to 4 days or more to give you the desired tan.
12. Avoid Sunburn
Many of us often make a mistake when thinking that exposing to the sunshine for hours will help you own the best tan. However, it is a wrong thought. In fact, when your skin is exposed to the sunshine for a long time, it may cause sunburn. Your skin, in turn, still turns into a tan in some cases but certain tan parts will peel off and thus causing an uneven tan. In some other cases, your skin will eventually be peeled off but it is not a tan. In contrast, you accidentally put yourself at higher risk of skin cancer. Therefore, you should expose to the sunshine for only 1 or two hours at a time.
13. Avoid Wear Perfume, Makeup, And Deodorant While Tanning
If possible, you should avoid applying certain products when tanning your body. In fact, makeup and perfumes are loaded with several ingredients causing skin sensitivity. If you apply them, they can result in a burn or a rash. Apart from makeup and perfumes, wearing deodorant while tanning may cause a problem in your arm skin areas. You had better remove the deodorant completely before beginning to tan your skin.
14. How To Get A Tan with Cocoa Powder and Unscented White Lotion
The combination of cocoa powder and unscented white lotion is an effective and simple way on how to get a tan fast. You just prepare 2 ingredients, cocoa powder and unscented white lotion. Remember to choose cocoa powder made from 100% pure powder (you can see this information on its label).
- 100% pure cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Unscented white lotion – ½ cup
How to apply:
- Mix 2 these ingredients above together by using a fork. Do not forget to break up all clumps and then blend them well.
- You can adjust the amount of cocoa powder to get your expected skin color. This mixture will get a darker color when you put it in a bowl, compared with applying on your skin.
- You dab this tanning lotion all over your body evenly.
- Remember to apply it every day and you will get a deep tan.
Tips to keep in mind:
- You have to store this cocoa powder and unscented white lotion in an empty jar or a container for the next use.
- It is better to apply a mild moisturizer for getting the better benefits.
- Besides, you should exfoliate your skin before applying this lotion recipe.
- Normally, the lotion looks very dark when making it, however, after applied on the skin, it is not dark as put in the bowl.
15. How To Get A Tan with Unscented White Lotion And Coffee Or Tea
You may use tea or coffee to prepare this lotion. You surely know that both coffee and tea may stain your teeth and thus making an undesired effect. Similarly, two these drinks will also help to “stain” the skin, which, in turn, gives you a perfect tan color. To sum up, no matter which drinks you choose, just ensure that you use those having caffeine, not the decaf because caffeine is actually capable of firming and tightening your skin to ease the wrinkle appearance. Here is a homemade tip on how to get a tan, using unscented white lotion and coffee or tea:
- Tea bags or caffeinated coffee grounds
- Unscented white lotion
How to apply:
- Firstly, brew tea or coffee like normally. If you use coffee, remember to take an adequate amount of grounds for an empty cup but just enough water to fill to this cup. If you use tea, let take 3 or 4 family sized tea bags dipped in about 1 cup of boiled water.
- Next, you mix the unscented white lotion with the prepared coffee or tea. The more tea or coffee you take, the darker your skin color can own.
- Now, you put this mixture in an empty spray bottle and then apply this on your skin.
Tips to keep in mind:
- Do not forget to shake it well before using.
- You should apply it every week or bi-weekly to get your desired results.
16. How To Get A Tan with Coffee And Olive Oil
You can also use coffee combined with olive oil as a natural homemade tanner. The dark color of coffee will help you to own a tan naturally. Besides, it aids you in concealing the cellulite appearance.
- You just prepare olive oil (2 tablespoons) and coffee grounds (1 cup).
- Then you mix and apply it on body parts which you want to tan.
- Let this mixture sit on your skin for about 12 to 15 minutes and remove it.
17. How To Get A Tan with Carrot And Brown Sugar
This homemade tanning oil is another way on how to get a tan fast. It may be even better than using homemade lotions because it will lead to less chance of streaks. In addition, you just need a bit of tanning oil to cover your whole body than applying lotion and you can quickly spray it on your skin after taking a shower.
- Unpeeled fresh carrot – a pound
- Brown sugar – two cups
- Water – 3 quarts
How to apply:
- Clean and cut some carrots into many thin slices.
- Next, you boil the water put brown sugar and these carrot slices in it.
- You reduce the heat and let the water simmer for about 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, you remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to be cool.
- Now, you use a strainer to strain the oil.
- You store this tanning oil into an empty spray bottle and apply this once weekly to maintain your desired color.
- Remember to remove all carrot pieces in the tanning oil or they will make the spray bottle get clogged, and thus making the oil not come out.
18. How To Get A Tan with Chocolate And Tea
You may apply chocolate combine with tea to get a tip on how to get a tan quickly.
- At first, you steep 3 or 4 black tea bags in about 3/4 cup of hot water and wait for a few minutes.
- Next, you take 1/3 cup of raw cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of cocoa butter, 1/2 cup of sesame or coconut oil, a half of the steeped black tea and then put them in a blender.
- You blend them well until they become smooth mixture
- After that, you add the remaining tea in the mixture. If the remaining tea is left to brew longer before added to this mixture, it will give you a darker final pigment.
19. Protect Your Eyes
The bright light on your optic nerve can stimulate the hypothalamus gland. This can help to produce melanin and thereby achieving a better tan. However, your eyes may easily be burned as well. Hence, the best thing you should do is to wear your hat or keep your eyes closed instead of wearing the sunglasses while you lay under the sunshine.
- Choose the time properly to tan
- Always tan by getting the natural sun
- For a light skin, you only need to tan for every 20 minutes on each of your body parts
- Do not apply tanning oil and sunscreen in underarms as well as bikini line
- Always apply lip balm when tanning
- Keep water handy
To discover more natural tips for other beauty and health conditions, go to our main How To page. Hope that this article about 19 tips how to get a tan fast will help you to choose the best tip to get a tan fast and easily. Let share your experience with us if you have any other tip on how to get a tan and freely ask us if you have any question.