“Detox’’ has become the concerning term mentioned in a high frequency on a variety of health journals, news and magazines recently. So what is “detox”? It is commonly known that detox is the daily activity your body does and the liver plays the main role in this process. The main benefit of detoxing is to help the liver operate at a better speed and effectively get rid of toxic chemicals that are accumulated with a huge quantity in the body. Usually, detox is applied through drinking. However, many people are not in favor of detox drinks because it takes them a lot of time and needs much patience to permanently maintain. Hence, in this article, we recommend some unexpected ways on how to detox your body without drinking anything, just through feet. Why don’t you give them a try?
Medically reviewed by Millie Lytle, ND, MPH:
- Top 9 daily habits that can harm your immunity
- Top 13 simple tips to decrease your high cortisol level
Top 4 Worth-Trying Ways How To Detox Your Body Without Drinking
There is no science-based evidence for the following homemade recipes. The recipes we've focused on are traditional remedies, so always consult your doctor to know if a remedy is working for you.
1. Clay Detox Foot Bath
The clay particle pulls the toxins. A toxin contains positive electron; meanwhile, a clay particle is formed with negative electrons. It explains why the clay molecule is possible to attract and pull the toxic inside. Applying clay detox foot bath will not only be useful to detoxify your body but also raise the levels of your internal magnesium.
- Epsom salt – ½ cup
- Bentonite clay – ½ cup
- Optional – essential oils
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- Pick up a tub and fill it with warm water.
- Dissolve your Epsom salts and add in your essential oils.
- Put the clay into the bath solution; and while mixing, do not use a metal spoon.
- Soak your feet in the bathwater and relax for a minimum of 20 minutes.
2. Salt Detox Foot Bath
The salt detox foot bath will erase any irritations of the skin and enhance the level of your body’s magnesium, and essential oils can offer benefits such as relaxing and improving mood. Here is how to make it:
- Epsom salt – 1 cup
- Sea salt – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 2 cups
- Apple cider vinegar – ½ cup
- Optional – essential oils
- Boil a pot of water and dissolve all the salts and baking soda.
- Pour in your salt and baking soda solution, the essential oils and apple cider vinegar into a warm water tub.
- Pop your feet in and soak for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Oxygen Detox Foot Bath
Along with the detoxifying body, you internally comfort with the oxygen detox foot bath, and it’s also essential to prevent a wide range of irritations and allergies. This bath is especially helpful during sickness because the ginger helps soothe congestion or body pain.
- Hydrogen peroxide – 2 cups
- Ginger powder (dried) – 1 tbsp
- Fill your foot tub with hot water and add the ginger along with the hydrogen peroxide to it. Dissolve all the ingredients.
- Until you have a smooth consistent liquid and the water temperature is warm enough, soak your feet in and relax in 30 minutes per session.
4. Detox Foot Pads
Detox pads are a common product that you can find at any health store. After buying, the way to use is very simple: Apply them to your feet before going to bed, and leave them overnight. Then, when you wake up in the morning, remove them. You’ve experience comfortable 6-8 hours of detoxification.
Detoxification is great for helping you stronger and healthier. Foot detox is also a brilliant idea to help revive tired feet. If you’re facing with toxins or skin issues, those natural recipes are simple, easy and very cheap ways to build up your health without making use of tough measures. Do you know other tips on how to detox your body? Share with us in the comments box below.
All of the contents provided in this article are for educational and informational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional before following any method.