Have you ever wondered what like small pieces of meat are on the face, neck or anywhere else in the body? It is so weird, right? You may think that they are like common acne but it may be not correct. They are skin tags. Skin tags are small clots commonly found in the places such as the neck, armpits, upper back, eyelids, upper chests, and buttock folds, groin folds in the middle-aged or older people. Skin tags are normally oval or 1-3 mm round, sometimes the size of a corn kernel or a grape or even a lemon. They are soft, single or multiple and usually consist of a stalk and an epithelium which encloses a core of dermis cells with loose and swollen collagen fibers. Skin tags usually do not cause any specific symptoms but are aesthetically pleasing. However, in the case of twisted stalks, this can cause pain, redness or necrosis. Normally, people who are obese, pregnant, and menopausal or have endocrine disorders. In addition, it is still debated whether excess residual acne can be a sign of diabetes or impaired carbohydrate metabolism and indicates an increased risk of intestinal polyps if they appear rapidly in a short time.
Skin tags on the face will make you worried and crazily find treatments. The tips from folks are most concerned because of people’s believing in others’ experience and sharing. Nevertheless, the reality shows that not all folk tips always work. Therefore, in this article, Effectiveremedies.com will introduce you how to get rid of skin tags naturally at home. Let’s keep reading the post to get more experiences to remove these hateful skin tags.
Top 24 Tips On How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags Naturally At Home
I. Natural Ways To Remove Skin Tags
1. How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags With Oregano Oil
The oregano is a strongly aromatic herb widely used for flavoring many dishes such as pizza and pasta sauces. Oregano oil is extracted from oregano leaves that also have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Besides, oregano oil is effective in reducing itching and removing dirt accumulation, which makes skin tags shrink and fall off. Thus, treating skin tags with the oil can bring you best results after 2-3 weeks of use.
How to do:
- Mix oregano oil and coconut oil at the ratio of 1: 2.
- Apply this mixture on the skin tags for 3 times a day until the skin tags disappear completely.
After several times of use, you can see that the oil makes the excess acne begin becoming dark, then turn near black before falling. This remedy is not suitable for sensitive areas such as around the eyelids and genital area.
2. How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags – Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is very familiar and used in many remedies for the problems related to the skin. Thus, if you are searching tips on how to get rid of skin tags, you should not ignore tea tree oil. According to a review, tea tree oil is really famous for its natural antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties that are useful for treating many common diseases associated with the skin and acne . As regarding skin tags, tea tree oil can dry the skin tags from the inside to the outside. Not only does this method not cause pain, but it is also simple to follow. Normally, it can take more than 2 weeks to remove skin tags.
How to do:
- Prepare a clean cotton piece and dip it into clean water.
- Then, add 3 drops of tea tree oil
- Apply it to the skin tags and the areas around the excess acne about 2.5 cm
- Do this way 3 times per day
If you are persistent to follow this remedy, your skin tags will be quickly dried. However, always remember to dip a cotton piece in water to reduce the possibility of irritating the skin of tea tree oil or you can dilute tea tree oil with olive oil. Be careful about applying the tea around the eyes because the oil can cause irritation and hurt your eyes.
3. How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags With Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has been considered as a wonderful home remedy for taking care of the skin for many decades. This herb contains anti-inflammatory & antibacterial properties and many vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, vitamin E to alleviate acne effectively. Moreover, the formic acid found in aloe vera helps to deflate skin tags if you are persistent to apply for a long time. Whereby, aloe vera is always listed in the most effective home tips on how to get rid of skin tags or preventing these tags from spreading other skin areas.
How to do:
- Cut aloe vera into small pieces and then peel, soak in water for about 20 minutes to run out of their yellow resin
- Mix the soaked aloe vera with some salt or vitamin E to make a smooth mixture
- Wash the skin tags with warm water
- Use 1-2 swabs to absorb the aloe vera solution and evenly apply it to the skin tags.
- After 20-30 minutes, rinse with warm water
Regularly perform the remedy with 2-3 weeks, your skin tags will disappear gradually, giving a smooth and whiter skin back to you. So, you do not need to question how to get rid of skin tags anymore.
Note: Be careful when using the method with aloe vera around eyes. You should avoid applying too close to the edges of the eyelids to prevent the mixture from easily falling into the cornea
4. How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags – Castor Oil
Castor oil plants originated from East Africa now are widely planted all over the world. Castor oil is yellowish, highly bactericidal, and resistant to the development and migration of many viruses . Additionally, the oil has the ability to heal skin, help to control the oil on the skin, and effectively reduce skin problems, including skin tags. Therefore, with such wonderful characteristics, castor oil is very widely applied for treating skin tags everywhere in the body.
- Mix castor oil with soda bicarbonate to form a paste
- Apply this mixture on the skin tags for 2 times per day within at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water
- Apply it on the skin tags before going to bed, cover them with a tape
- Wash them off with water in the next morning
This treatment should be regularly taken place in 2-4 weeks or until the skin tags disappear completely.
- Directly apply castor oil on the skin tags or mix it with olive oil in a ratio of 1:1 to reduce sticky feeling.
- Gently massage the areas until the castor oil permeates through the skin totally.
- Wash them off with lukewarm water
Keep doing the method regularly for several months and you will get rid of your skin tags.
5. How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags – Apple Cider Vinegar
If you use the internet to search for how to get rid of skin tags naturally at home, you always find many different remedies with apple cider vinegar, since it has shown its extreme effectiveness in treating acne and taking care of the skin. In fact, apple cider vinegar contains large amounts of calcium, amino acids, vitamins B, glycerin, and succinic acid, which are truly beneficial for the skin. Thus, using apple cider vinegar will help to absorb some of the most important nutrients. As a result, the skin naturally becomes softer, whiter and healthier. Besides, it also cleans the oil deep in skin pores and tightens the pores, whereby the risk of developing skin tags is very effectively restricted.
Method 1: Use Apple Cider Vinegar With Cornflour
- Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a little cornflour to form a paste
- Apply this mixture to skin tags for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse them off with warm water
- Perform the method daily for the fastest results
This mixture is very useful to remove the skin tags since while cornflour can absorb excess oil, the apple cider vinegar acts as a skin astringent.
Method 2: Use Apple Cider Vinegar With Olive Oil
- Mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and ½ cup of olive oil with ¼ cup of clean water.
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas
- Wipe them off with water
Olive oil contains a lot of vitamin E that can regenerate the skin effectively. Additionally, antioxidants in olive oil can inhibit the formation of skin tags. Thus combining olive oil and apple cider vinegar is one of the greatest treatments for skin tags.
Method 3: Use Apple Cider Vinegar With Strawberries
- Mix 3 strawberries with 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- Apply this mixture on skin tags before bedtime
- Wash off with water in the tomorrow morning
Strawberries contain a great deal of vitamin C, which helps to boost the immune system and fight off oxidation. This also assists in enhancing collagen synthesis, decelerating aging, improving skin’s elasticity, and making skin smoother. Using strawberries with apple cider vinegar will never let you down.
6. How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags With Garlic
Garlic – a familiar ingredient always available in your kitchen is used a lot in different dishes in order to make better flavors as well as in many remedies for the diseases related to the skin and infections. Therefore, treatments on how to get rid of skin tags with garlic are largely spread by the folks and gain people’s trust quickly. Garlic contains a great deal of sulfur that has powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Besides, active substances, vitamins A, B, C and minerals in garlic also help to intensify immune systems, control the oil, remove skin tags in the body especially around the neck, and restrict the development of bacteria in order to make skin cells stronger . Thus, if you want to remove skin tags thoroughly, let’s apply the following methods.
Method 1: Use Fresh Garlic
- Crush garlic, use a clean cloth or an unpasteurized swab to wrap up into a bag
- Use the garlic bag to rub on the affected areas for about 15-20 minutes
- Rinse off with water
Method 2: Combine Garlic And Vinegar
- Prepare 2 fresh garlic, crush them to take their juice
- Mix the juice with 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- Use a piece of cotton to absorb the liquid, and then evenly apply the mixture on the skin tags. Every several minutes, repeat this action.
- After 20 minutes, rinse off with warm water
Although doing the methods with garlic is very simple and effective after 1 week of use you need to notice the following things:
- Do not use garlic to treat skin tags more than 3 times a week to ensure skin health and avoid allergy.
- Do not treat the skin tags with garlic in the daytime, preferably do in the evening.
- For sensitive skin, try treatment with garlic for a short time (about 5 minutes). Then step up to test the reaction. If you have a burning sensation, stop immediately.
- When applying the methods around the eyes, you should not apply too close to the eyelid. After finishing applying, you should close your eyes and relax to avoid eyes’ irritating.
- For the method of fresh garlic, you have to smash the garlic so that the allicin compound is released. Garlic juice should be used right after smashing to work otherwise it will be oxidized.
7. How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags With Lemon Juice
Lemon is a very familiar fruit with everyone in the daily life and it is widely planted almost everywhere. Doubtless, lemon has a great number of the wonderful benefits for health, skin, hair, and even nails. Thus, lemon is always considered as the best friends of women. In fact, lemon is very well-known for treating any type of acne, including skin tags effectively thanks to its strong antibacterial properties and the rich source of antioxidants. Besides, lemon juice contains a lot of vitamin C that has the ability to boost the immune systems, cleanse mucus on the skin, and astringe the skin. Whereby, lemon juice is usually in the best remedies for treating skin diseases such as warts, diarrhea, and skin tags .
Method 1: Use Lemon Juice With Milk
- Prepare 30 ml unsweetened fresh milk and ½ a lemon
- Squeeze lemon juice and mix well with the milk
- Apply this mixture on the skin tags after washing the affected areas thoroughly
- Repeat this action for about 15 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water
Perform the remedy once per day in the evening before going to bed. The skin tags will be quickly pushed back after one week. In addition, the mixture of lemon juice and fresh milk can remove dead cells, bruises on the skin and whiten it.
Method 2: Use Lemon Juice And Cinnamon Powder
- Combine a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Mix them well, apply on the skin tags for 20 minutes
- Rinse off with water
Method 3: Use Lemon Juice With Eggs
- Prepare an egg and ½ lemon
- Separate egg white and put it into a clean bowl
- Add lemon juice and mix well
- After cleaning the skin, apply the mixture on the skin tag areas
- Gently massage, then rinse them off with water after 15 minutes
Perform this method every 2 days. You will see your skin tags considerably ebb away after 3 times of use. Moreover, this solution also makes your skin whiter and brighter.
Method 4: Use Lemon Juice And Honey
- Mix 2 teaspoon of honey and some lemon juice
- Cleanse skin and evenly apply this mixture on the affected areas
- Let it dry on the skin, after 15-20 minutes, rinse off with warm water
Doing it daily in the evening, you will be surprised by the solution’s results.
Because lemon juice has high acid volume’ so, if your skin belongs to a dry type, you should reduce the amount of lemon juice when doing these methods. Besides, you should avoid exposure to the sunshine after using them for 2 hours to protect your skin.
8. How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags – Pineapple
You already know that pineapple is a very nutritious and delicious fruit. However, more interestingly the fruit is also commonly used for removing skin tags on the body for the reason that pineapple contains a lot of bromelains (a high-pH substance). Thus, it will help to promote the removal of dead skin cells and skin tags very effectively. Besides, pineapple has the effect on improving the pigmentation, which makes the skin rosy, naturally white and smooth. How to get rid of skin tags with pineapple is very simple, thus let’s make use of this great fruit to take care of your skin.
Method 1: Use Slices Of Pineapple
- Prepare a pineapple and cut it into slices
- Gently rub the slices on the skin tags to make the pineapple’s nutrients permeate through the skin
- Wash off with water
- Perform this solution every day to remove skin tags faster
Method 2: Combine Pineapple Juice And Lemon Juice
- Prepare a fresh pineapple and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Peel the pineapple, cut it into small pieces, and then squeeze them to get pineapple juice
- Mix the juice with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Use swabs to absorb this mixture and apply it on skin spots
- Rinse off after 20-25 minutes
- Do the method 2-3 times per week to get rid of skin tags and improve the skin
Method 3: Pineapple Juice With Yogurt
- Mix 1/3 a box of yogurt and 5 teaspoons of pineapple juice
- Apply the mixture on the skin spot areas for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse off with water
Yogurt has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. Thus, it can intensify the immune systems and help to remove skin tags fast and thoroughly.
9. How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags With Perilla Leaves
Perilla has spicy, warm properties that have the effect of treating cold, full-stomach, and vomit. Perilla leaves are sweet, spicy and they also have the great effect on relieving pain and preventing asthma. Besides, the leaves contain the high nutritional value with many vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, iron, phosphorus, and calcium that are truly effective in taking care of the skin and eliminating toxins from the body. Therefore, perilla leaves have been applied as a home remedy for skin tags for many years, and they have never let anyone down.
Method 1: Use Pure Perilla Leaves
- Prepare 1-2 handfuls of fresh perilla leaves and rinse & grind them.
- Add a little clean sea salt to it
- Directly apply the ground perilla leaves on skin spots
- After 20-30 minutes, wash them off with warm water
- Perform this solution 3-4 times per week
Directly applying ground perilla leaves on skin tags helps the skin to absorb the important nutrients quickly, remove the horny layers & dead cells on the skin, and rapidly release toxins out, which helps the excretion process work easier and prevent the formation skin tags.
Method 2: Combine Perilla Leaves And Pennywort
- Choose fresh pennywort leaves, neither too young nor too old and rinse them
- Grind 2 handfuls of pennywort leaves and 1 handful of perilla leaves to get their juice
- Apply the juice to the skin tag areas by a cotton swab and combine with gentle massage
- The best time to do the method is before bedtime and then wash off in the next morning
Method 3: Perilla Leaves And Honey
- Prepare clean perilla leaves, grind them
- Mix the ground leaves and 1 teaspoon of pure honey, a little salt
- Use a cotton swab to absorb the mixture and apply it on the skin tags
- Rinse off with warm water after 10-20 minutes
Perilla combined with honey and salt has an antibacterial effect and effectively destroys skin tags. It can be used for sensitive areas such as around the eyes. Apply the treatment regularly for 2-3 times per week to achieve the highest efficiency.
Method 4: Use Perilla Leaves And Turmeric Powder
- Prepare a handful of clean perilla leaves and grind them to get their juice
- Mix the juice with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder to form a paste
- Apply this paste on the affected areas, let it dry for 20 minutes
- Wash off with warm water
After doing the treatments with perilla leaves, you should avoid sunshine to protect your skin. And before applying these solutions around the eyes, you should try them on your hand since perilla leaves can be allergic to someone.
II. Good Habits To Prevent Skin Tags
1. A Healthy Diet
A diet with foods rich in vitamins and antioxidants will help keep your skin healthy and prevent the risk of skin tags. You should also avoid foods rich in saturated fat and salt and alcoholic beverages such as alcohol, cigarettes.
2. Do Not “Give” Hands Much To Touch The Face
The habit of touching the face skin by hands is very bad because then dozens of bacteria from the hands can penetrate into the skin, which helps to accelerate the formation and development of skin tags on the face.
3. Drink A Lot Of Water
Drinking enough water is important because water acts as a “cleanser” of the body. Actually, skin tags are caused by internal causes. They hide under the skin and always try to “go out”. Give yourself an enough drinking habit and you will see positive effects soon.
III. Adopt Professional Medical Methods To Skin Tags
Most of the excess acne is harmless, but it is the best to visit a dermatologist if the spots are darker than skin color, larger or more abnormal-shaped. Removing this acne without consulting doctors will be very time-consuming while they may be a sign of a more serious problem. If the above phenomenon occurs, you need to meet doctors and receive specific treatments from the hospital as soon as possible.
1. Ask Your Doctor To Remove Skin Tags
The doctor will numb the skin tags areas and use a knife to remove the acne from the skin. Doctors can also use sharp medical scissors to separate them. This procedure is relatively quick and painless.
2. Ask Your Doctor To Freeze Skin Tags
When you go to the clinic, your doctor will use a probe to smear a small amount of liquid nitrogen on the excess acne. This cold surgical procedure is also used to remove warts. After being frozen, the skin tags will fall out
3. Ask Your Doctor To Burn Off Skin Tags
In the combustion process, the doctor will use a small probe to directly heat the surface of the acne skin. The temperature generated by the electric current will burn and remove the skin tags very quickly and simply.
4. Ask The Doctor To Stop The Blood Supply To Skin Tags
In the ligation method, the doctor will tie a small bandage on the head of the acne. This helps block the blood supply to the head of them, which causes the skin tags to die and fall off the skin. This procedure can take several days, depending on the size and location of the tags, and may be slightly painful.
5. Do Not Treat Skin Tags
You can leave these skin tags alone. Without any effect, you do not necessarily remove the skin tags. Usually, your doctor will not recommend treatments unless you want to.
Besides, insurance companies also often consider the procedure to remove skin tags is only aesthetic and unnecessary. So, you need to check whether the insurance company pays for the removal of excess acne.
After finishing reading this article, you may not feel worried too much about the appearance of skin tags on the body any longer. The post introduced you the most effective solutions on how to get rid of skin tags that you can feel safe to follow. However, with the home remedies, they may effectively work on small and slightly serious skin tags. Thus, if you are suffering from big and dark skin tags, you are highly recommended to meet doctors in order to receive professional treatments, helping remove hateful skin tags as soon as possible. If you want to learn more the natural treatments for other health condition, please visit our How To page. Do not forget to leave your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.