Acne isn’t dangerous but leaves skin scars. This skin condition may make it difficult to attain clearer skin. All the information in this article on Effectiveremedies.com can help you understand more what is acne and its causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
- How to get rid of acne for good naturally and fast
- Tips of makeup for acne prone skin and scars
- Best natural acne treatment recipes
What Is Acne?
Acne or acne vulgaris is a skin condition affecting teenagers or adolescents mainly. It is often characterized by lesions and bumps on the beneath and surface the skin. Acne happens as hair follicles are clogged with oil and dead skin cells from the skin. It causes boils and spots over the skin of the forehead, face, back, neck, and chest. The spots can range from the painful and mild whiteheads and blackheads to severe boils that are pus-filled and inflamed with intense pain.
What Is Acne – Causes
After reading “what is acne”, do you want to know the exact causes of acne? Doctors advise treating acne instantly to prevent it from spreading. If left untreated, acne can leave scars on your skin becoming very difficult to ease. Acne can develop by various causes. Here are a few:
- Hormonal Acne: Adult acne is caused by hormonal imbalance in the body. Generally, it is a common symptom of PMS (premenstrual syndrome) and happens during the menopause period.
- The buildup of dead skin cells: Several dead skin cells will get stuck to the sebum causing blockage of the pores. As a result, these blocked pores become acne.
- Teenage Acne: Commonly, acne occurs during puberty and both young girls and boys face it. The sebaceous glands will become overactive when the body experiences physical changes. In addition, the sebum build-up blocks pores and leads to acne.
- Sensitive To Testosterone: People with skin likely to acne are often sensitive to testosterone, which is a natural hormone present in females and males. In such people, the testosterone triggers overproduction of sebum, leading to blockage of pores.
- Oily Food: Eating a lot of processed and fried food triggers the oil glands and releases sebum, causing pimples, acne, blackheads, and breakouts.
- Skincare Products: Using products that aren’t suitable for your skin type is not good. Switching products very frequently also causes much harm to skin because the new ingredients present in them can irritate the skin and cause breakouts and pimples.
- Not Removing Makeup: Generally, greasy, oil-based makeup may result in acne. Stay away from applying heavy makeup and try using water-based cosmetics.
- Stress: Stress is another main cause of acne. Stress aggravates the problem by producing inflammatory chemicals named neuropeptides.
- Traveling: The changes in the environment such as the weather, humidity, water, etc., temperature, can trigger the formation of acne when you travel far.
- Dairy Products & High Glycemic Foods: Eating high glycemic foods such as sweet beverages and bakery goods high in sugar content can causes pimples acne. Consuming too many dairy products isn’t good for your skin because they’re high in calcium.
Read more: Foods that cause acne breakouts in adults
What Is Acne – Symptoms
Acne develops mainly on the face, chest, neck, back or shoulders. This skin condition ranges from mild to severe and can last for several months or many years, or even come and go your whole life. Mild acne often causes only blackheads and whiteheads while severe acne produces hundreds of pimples covering large areas of skin. In addition, cystic lesions are pimples, which are deep and large. These lesions can leave scars on the skin.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
What Is Acne – Treatment
Keeping the skin oil free and clean is the most vital step in treating acne. There are multiple creams, ointments, and lotions that can be used effectively for acne treatment. Besides, you can also rely on some home remedies to deal with acne. These remedies use natural and cheap ingredients such as aloe vera, honey, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice, etc. You can view more at natural home remedies for acne on face & body.
What Is Acne – Prevention
Follow some of the basic guidelines to prevent acne:
- Wash the skin no more than two times daily using a mild, soapless cleanser or unscented soap. Don’t rub it and pat your skin dry using a clean towel.
- Avoid vigorous washing or scrubbing with a rough or harsh soap.
- Don't pop, pick, or squeeze at pimples.
- Use a fresh washcloth daily and use non-comedogenic cosmetics to avoid clogging pores and leading to acne.
- Wash off oil and sweat as soon as possible.
- Steam your face regularly. It helps to open the pores and make the removal of pimples and blackheads very easy and effective.
- Drink plenty of water every day to take all the impurities out of the body.
- Regularly wash your makeup tools such as sponges and brushes to eliminate all the dirt, bacteria and oil from them.
If you want to read more other such articles, you can go to our main News & Facts . Treat acne promptly to attain a flawless skin. Keep yourself hydrated and eat healthy to fight against acne and say hello to the healthy and beautiful skin. If you have any problem or question about the topic “what is acne and its causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention”, please leave your comment at the bottom of this article.