Bacterial infection is a common condition that many people can get. Besides getting antibiotics for treatment, home remedies can be taken to avoid and remove it. Some may be more effective than others. Continue reading this article on Effective Remedies to discover more about the best ways on how to treat bacterial infection on skin naturally and fast at home and then find some ways that are appropriate for you.
- 47 natural home remedies for bacterial infections on skin, in ear, mouth, stomach, vagina, & blood
- Natural home remedies for yeast infection relief on skin
17 Best Ways How To Treat Bacterial Infection On Skin Naturally At Home
I. What Is Bacterial Infection?
Bacteria are defined as microscopic and single cell organisms that live both inside and on the body. In fact, almost bacteria are not only harmless but also they play essential functions for the organisms.
Infection is an increase of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body. They are easily transmitted from one person to another through close contacts. Common symptoms can be named as vomiting, cramping, coughing, fever, inflammation, fatigue, diarrhea, sneezing, etc.
The bacterial infection is categorized into several forms including food poisoning, urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted disease, and others. In fact, if you are diagnosed to get a bacterial infection, you may have experienced different tests to check the category of bacteria. That will help to determine which treatment is appropriate for you.
II. 17 Best Ways How To Treat Bacterial Infection On Skin At Home
A common treatment for bacterial infection is taking medicine – antibiotics, but it seems to cause some serious problems. Hence, in this article, we will show you some natural ways to fight bacterial infection.
1. How To Treat Bacterial Infection With Yogurt
Yogurt is known as the best source of probiotics in raising the number of beneficial bacteria as well as reducing the bad ones. It is especially effective in combat with bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections, bacterial vaginosis, stomach or intestinal infections, and other bacterial infections on the skin. Therefore, add yogurt to your daily diet to boost your immunity and to avoid the infection .
- Eat 2 cups of plain yogurt containing live cultures a day.
- Or, you can consult your doctor for taking probiotic supplements.
- Also, add other probiotic-rich foods to your daily diet to treat the bacterial infections.
2. How To Treat Bacterial Infection With Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is an excellent ingredient to kill a bacterial infection. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to strengthen the body to combat bacteria . Fresh aloe vera gel can be used as a good home remedy for internal infections such as vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, and bacterial infections on the skin.
- Get the aloe vera gel from a fresh aloe leaf.
- Use the gel on your affected skin areas.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then remove the gel with warm water.
- Dry the area gently and repeat 2 – 3 times a day.
3. How To Treat Bacterial Infection With Turmeric
Turmeric is supposed to be the most powerful herb on the planet. It is especially effective in treating bacterial infections of the body, including skin. Turmeric has antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which are crucial for fighting against bacteria .
- Mix ground turmeric and water to make a fine paste.
- Apply it to the infected areas.
- Remain it for a few minutes and wash off with water.
- Dry the skin and repeat it twice per day.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory function helping in killing bacterial infection and reducing the pain and irritation. It helps to maintain proper pH levels inside the body to prevent the bacteria from its growth.
- Put one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into 1 cup of water.
- Apply it to the affected skin areas.
- Let it sit for few minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Dry the area and repeat this process twice daily until you get the good result.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is known as a strong natural antibacterial remedy. It contains antibacterial, antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties helping to handle many skin problems and vaginal infections . Tea tree oil should not be applied directly to the skin without diluting and also avoid oral consumption, as it can produce some harmful side effects.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil with water thoroughly to avoid skin burning.
- Apply it to the affected skin or smear in the vaginal canal to damage the bacterial action.
- Leave it on for few minutes and wash it off with water.
- Repeat this application regularly to remove bacterial infections.
6. How To Treat Bacterial Infection With Garlic
Garlic is a powerful home remedy for treating many bacterial infections of the body. It contains antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory effects that can get rid of many different bacterial infections. Garlic can be used by taking it orally or applying it to the skin.
- Take 4 – 5 garlic cloves per day to combat with the bacterial action in the body.
- Add garlic to your daily diet like soups, sauces, rice items, etc.
- Mix garlic oil with water.
- Apply it directly on the affected skin.
- Remain it for another few minutes.
- Finally, rinse off with water and dry it.
7. How To Treat Bacterial Infection With Baking Soda
Baking soda is another effective natural substance that helps to fight the bacteria causing infections. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that enhance the immune system and fight against the bacteria to get rid of the infection.
- Drink the mixture of a half teaspoon of baking soda with a glass of water to treat the stomach and respiratory infections.
- Mixing baking soda with little water to make a good paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- For treating bacterial vaginosis and urinary tract infections, take a bath with baking soda.
- Pure a cup of baking soda to the warm bathwater.
- Soak in this water for about 20 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Apply it regularly until these bacterial infections go away.
8. How To Treat Bacterial Infection With Coconut Oil
The strong antibacterial, antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory effects make it an effective and natural remedy for bacterial infections. It is also effective in treating vaginal, respiratory, intestinal, and skin bacterial infections.
- Apply pure coconut oil on the affected skin.
- Massage it lightly for few minutes and wait for another few minutes.
- Clean the area with clean water and dry the skin.
- Repeat this application regularly.
- Apply coconut oil to a clean tampon and insert it into the vagina for 2 hours.
- After that, take it out and wash the area with water.
- Repeat this process once daily until you get rid of bacterial vaginosis.
- Pour some coconut oil in the warm bathwater and stir thoroughly.
- Soak in this water for few minutes and wash your body carefully with water.
- Dry the skin and apply it once a week to get rid of the infection.
9. How To Treat Bacterial Infection With Ginger
Ginger is another amazing substance in treating both stomach and respiratory infections caused by bacteria. It has heating nature that heats up the body and enhances blood circulation to lessen the number of bad bacteria in the body. It contains antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties which can defeat the bad bacteria.
- Make a ginger tea by cutting a fresh ginger root into many small pieces, then add them to a cup of boiling water.
- Steep it for 10 minutes and then strain it.
- Add honey and lemon juice to it.
- Stir well and then drink the ginger tea to treat the respiratory problems and digestive or stomach disorders.
- Chew a small slice of the ginger or ginger extracts (such as ginger snaps, ginger cookies, ginger tincture, or ginger ale) to avoid bacterial infections.
- Add ginger to your daily diet to get a better result.
10. How To Treat Bacterial Infection With Honey
Honey has antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory functions that are beneficial for treating respiratory and skin infections caused by bad bacteria . It also helps to cool and treat the affected area to remove itching or irritation.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of organic honey with one glass of lukewarm water.
- Stir them well and drink the mixture to ease the irritated throat caused by a cough and cold.
- Consume one teaspoon of honey to stop the bacterial action in the body.
- Apply honey on the affected skin area will remove the bacteria and lessen irritation.
- Remember to consult a doctor for diagnosis and proper treatment.
- Old age people, children, and pregnant or nursing women should consult a doctor or healthcare provider before using these remedies.
- Bacterial vaginosis could spread between sexual partners. Thus, avoid sexual intercourse, or else use a condom throughout the sexual intercourse.
- Avoid scented products and douching
- Rinse your vagina with water
- Wear breathable cotton underwear and avoid tight pants
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching a vagina.
- Keep your vaginal area dry.
- Drink plenty of water & fluids to stay hydrated.
- Eat a healthy diet to strengthen the immune system and combat these bacteria in your body.
Above are 17 best ways on how to treat bacterial infection on skin naturally & fast at home that you should try. If you want to learn more the natural treatments for other health conditions, please visit our How To page. Do not forget to leave your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.