Arthritis is a popular pain in hands or fingers, knees, hips jaw, elbows, or any other place that there is a joint among bones. It is known as an inflammation of your joints on either one or more body parts. Arthritis has various forms such as Osteoarthritis, Gout, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Lupus. But there is no treatment for healing arthritis. However, you still have the ability to control it as well as make your life go smoothly. The common symptoms of arthritis are the pain, stiffness, redness, swelling, and the decreased motion range. You can easily heal arthritis pain fast at home with the help of natural solutions such as herbs, vegetables, fruits, and other ingredients. This writing in EffectiveRemedies.com page will show you top 26 natural home remedies for arthritis pain in neck, hands, and feet. Let read it and find out the best one for your condition!
Top 26 Natural Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain In Neck, Hands, & Feet
1. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Turmeric
Turmeric can block cytokines and certain enzymes which lead to inflammation. Researchers from a famous university gave evidence to prove that turmeric has the ability to treat numerous conditions and diseases and conditions, particularly those which involve the soft tissue inflammation in arthritis cases. Moreover, It also works as pain killer by raising mobility in your joints and thereby reducing the stiffness. However, this natural herb can cause some side effects, particularly thinning of the blood. Hence, you should consult your doctor before applying any of home remedies for arthritis with turmeric. Here are 7 home remedies for arthritis with using turmeric as the main ingredient that you can follow.
Remedy 1: Turmeric
- You can use the turmeric spice with a large quantity because the turmeric is very beneficial in healing arthritis as well as other medical problems.
- Or you may try to consume 1 teaspoon of turmeric daily in any form such as sprinkling on the scrambled eggs, adding to the soups, fried stirring or mixing into
- You should regularize the turmeric intake from your diet (not too much) to get a relief from the joint pain as well as the inflammation that are caused by arthritis or other medical problems.
Remedy 2: Turmeric with coconut oil and egg yolk for arthritis relief
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 to 2 beaten egg yolks
- Firstly, you mix the turmeric powder with the beaten egg and the melted coconut oil in a bowl
- You use a hand blender to emulsify the mixture at high speed
- You consume this mixture every day and repeat this process one or two times per day
Remedy 3: Turmeric and water
- At first, you take a liter of boiling water and then add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder in it
- Next, you mix them well and boil the mixture for about 10 minutes to make a 12 percentages of curcumin solution.
- After the mixture cools down, you can drink this solution once. You have to drink this water during 4 hours or the curcumin may gradually fall off to 6 percentages in about 6 hours
- Or you may consume moderate plenty of turmeric regularly from your daily diet to help you in preventing the arthritis pain.
Remedy 4: Turmeric, lemon grass, coconut oil, and cayenne pepper for arthritis relief
- Turmeric powder – 5 tablespoons
- Cayenne pepper powder – 5 tablespoons
- Organic lemongrass – 1 ounce
- Melted coconut oil – 2 cups
- Firstly, you put the turmeric powder in a bowl and then add the cayenne pepper powder in it
- Next, put the organic dry lemongrass and coconut oil in this bowl
- You mix them well and pour the mixture into a glass oven pan
- Now, you put the pan in the preheated oven for about 3 to 5 hours at 150 degrees.
- After that, you use a filter or cheesecloth to strain the herbs into an airtight jar.
- You keep this jar at the room temperature, which can make this ointment more liquid in a hotter climate and solid in a colder climate.
- Finally, you apply this ointment on your skin to help in relieving arthritis.
Remedy 5: Turmeric, Dried Ginger Root, & Fenugreek Powder
- Firstly, you take the turmeric powder, fenugreek powder, and dried ginger powder at an equal ratio.
- Then you mix all these ingredients well and combine this powder mixture with a little warm water.
- You stir well and consume this two times per day on a daily basis until you get relief from arthritis completely.
Remedy 6: Turmeric With Pure Water
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 cup
- Pure water – 1/2 cup
- At first, you mix the turmeric powder with the pure water and then simmer them over the medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- You should remember to stir them constantly until you see that they form a thick paste.
- Now, you take this paste out of the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes
- You can also add additional water while you cook if it becomes too dry.
- When it cooled down completely, you put this paste into an airtight glass jar and then store it in the refrigerator.
- After a few hours, you apply this paste directly to your affected area and let it dry naturally.
- Finally, you wash off with cool water.
- You should repeat this process once or twice per day.
Remedy 7: Powdered Lime, Saltpeter, And Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- A little powdered lime
- Enough saltpeter
- You simply mix all three ingredients well until they form a consistent mixture
- Then you rub it directly to your affected area and use a plastic food wrap or cheesecloth to keep it.
- You wait for 10 to 15 minutes and remove it.
- Keep doing this way until you feel more comfortable with your joints
All above are 7 natural home remedies for arthritis pain, using turmeric as the main ingredient. Let try these methods and share your results with us!
2. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Ginger And Turmeric
Ginger is beneficial in increasing the blood circulation as well as works as anti-inflammatory that can eliminate the inflammatory chemicals. It is proven is many studies that consuming an adequate quantity of ginger is able to help you reduce symptoms of arthritis. Plus, when applying ginger oil on your arthritis affected area, it will aid you in alleviating pain.
Remedy 1: Consume ginger
- Consuming ginger regularly may help you a lot in treating arthritis. You simply consume 30 grams of fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon of ginger powder once per day.
- Or you may apply the ginger oil regularly on your painful area to decrease the pain.
- In addition, you can simply include the ginger regularly in the raw, cooked, tincture, or ale forms to remove joint pain as well as inflammation.
Remedy 2: Ginger and turmeric
You can also combine ginger with turmeric to get an effective home remedy for arthritis pain. To apply this:
- You simply chew a 1-inch piece of fresh turmeric and a 1-inch piece of ginger root together. Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds which will help you to reduce the stiffness and swelling.
- Or you may take 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder and turmeric powder if you can take the fresh root.
- Next, you put two ingredients in the boiling water (2 cups) for about 15 to 30 minutes
- After that, you strain the tea to eliminate the herbs and then add a little honey to make the tea sweeter.
- You drink this tea regularly until you feel better with your joints.
3. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Cinnamon And Honey
The combination of honey and cinnamon is another of home remedies for arthritis pain.
Cinnamon has the ability to help you relieve the arthritis pain as well as its symptoms.
A study published in 2008 researched the way to use cinnamon effectively and its positive and negative effects on bone damage and disease caused due to rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, the bone damage is a result of an increased activity of osteoclasts which are cells breaking down bones to resorption. And this study indicated that cinnamon is capable of slowing the activity as well as reducing bone damage. You can use cinnamon combined with a little honey to get the best results.
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- A tablespoon of honey
- A cup of lukewarm water
- At first, you mix the cinnamon powder and honey in the warm water
- Then you stir them well to make a fine mixture
- Now, you drink this mixture regularly in the morning when you have an empty stomach.
- Or you may mix cinnamon and honey to make a paste and then apply this paste on your painful area by massaging it gently.
4. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Turmeric Powder And Coconut Oil
Another remedy in the list of top 26 home remedies for arthritis is to use turmeric powder combined with coconut oil. A website named Virgin Coconut Oil showed that massaging your arthritis area with coconut oil can not only help you to reduce the quantity of inflammation occurring in your joints but also relieving pain related to swelling very effectively. Coconut oil is beneficial in adding strength to your bones and works as a natural agent soothing pain in your joints and bones. Here are the detailed steps that you can follow.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Some drops of coconut oil
- You firstly mix the turmeric powder well with enough coconut oil to make a paste
- Then you apply this paste directly on your affected area.
- You let it like that for a few hours or till it dries completely.
- Finally, you rinse off with plain water.
- Keep repeating this remedy whenever you need to get relief from this problem completely.
If you want to discover more home remedies for arthritis pain, stay with us for our next post!
5. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain by Drinking Green Tea Regularly
Green tea has a chemical compound known as quercetin which is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Thanks to these antioxidants, green tea is able to stimulate metabolism as well as reduce the risk of certain diseases. Moreover, it is loaded with an active ingredient named EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which is a powerful catechin having a responsibility to stop the certain inflammatory chemical production in your body and thus reducing inflammation and relieving arthritis pain. According to a study about women’s health, it’s clear that women drinking 3 or more cups of the green tea a day are 60 percentages less likely to develop arthritis as well as its symptoms rather than those who don't drink it. Therefore, drinking this tea regularly can help you to dispose of this problem faster.
6. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Cloves
Using cloves is one of the effective home remedies for arthritis pain. Cloves contain an anti – inflammatory chemical compound, which is called eugenol. It can assist you in healing the arthritis pain. In addition, it also has antioxidants that will give you a relief from the swelling and pain caused by arthritis. Hence, you should consume cloves in any form to defiantly help you a lot in decreasing pain.
7. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Turmeric And Lime Juice
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, free radical removal, anti-arthritic, & antioxidant properties that may help to heal the arthritis problem. Lemon can provide your body with numerous useful effects, including treating arthritis. It is highly beneficial in removing uric acid, constantly produced by your body, through the urine. If your body does not remove acid uric as quickly as possible, it will build up in your joints, which, in turn, causes rheumatic and arthritis pain as well as lead to the kidney inflammation. You may use turmeric combined with lime juice as one of the natural home remedies for arthritis.
- Turmeric powder – 2 tablespoons
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- A little boiling water
- Firstly, you mix the turmeric powder and lime juice well.
- Then you add enough boiling water to this mixture and stir well until they transfer into a thick paste.
- Now, you apply this paste directly on your affected area and let it be on there for a few minutes.
- Finally, you rinse it off with clean water and keep repeating this process until you have no problem with your joints.
8. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Boswellia
Boswellia is considered as a natural anti-inflammatory that helps to relieve the joint pain as well as inflammation. Many researchers said that Boswellia has boswellic acid that has the ability to stop the leukotrienes formation and the immune cells to face to face the inflammation. Therefore, you should consume Boswellia in any form regularly in order to get rid of arthritis. It is not only considered among home remedies for arthritis but also assists you in getting relief from ulcerative, asthma, etc.
9. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Cherries
Cherries are high in magnesium (known as a natural pain killer) along with potassium (works as diuretic), which can help you to ride the tissue of fluid and thereby reducing the inflammation. This will efficiently heal arthritis, especially gout. Therefore, you should consume cherries regularly in any form such as canned, fresh, frozen, or syrup to keep arthritis at bay.
10. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one of the effective home remedies for arthritis. Apple cider vinegar contains antioxidant, acetic, and beta-carotene acid which produce you the miraculous effects in removing the arthritis pain. In addition, the antioxidant properties in it may help you in protecting the tissues and cells from the damage of free radicals (the damage is caused because it is related to degenerative conditions such as arthritis).Here are 6 natural home remedies for arthritis using apple cider vinegar as the main ingredient.
Remedy 1: Apple cider vinegar with cherry juice
Until now, no research can prove that there’s a specific “arthritis diet” to help patients get rid of arthritis symptoms. Nevertheless, to live well despite this condition, having a healthy diet is also very important. You may add vegetables, fruits, beans, seeds, and nuts to control your weight and keep osteoarthritis under the control.
So, how can a healthy diet help us? It is very beneficial in potentially easing inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis and gout. And one of the healthy diets you can try applying is apple cider vinegar combined with cherries. This is a vegetable-fruit rich diet helping you to fuel energy, maintain normal weight range, and boost your immunity.
- 1 teaspoon of ACV
- 1 glass of cherry juice
- You mix the apple cider vinegar well with the cherry juice to make a mixture
- Then you drink this mixture for once or twice per day to get rid of arthritis
- Or you can also include the apple cider vinegar along with cherries in your daily diet, which can help you to fuel your energy and boost the immunity system as well as to protect your health from any pain.
Remedy 2: Apple cider vinegar and water
- 1 to 3 teaspoons of ACV
- 8 ounces of water
- You simply mix the apple cider vinegar with the water at the ratio below.
- Then you drink this every day before each of your meals to keep arthritis at bay.
- Or you can consume this three times per day preferably just before your meals by combining with a little of honey.
Remedy 3: Soaking with apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of ACV
- 6 cups of warm water
- Now, you take the apple cider vinegar and then mix it well with the warm water.
- You stir them well and soak the affected area in this mixture for a few minutes.
- This process will help to relieve pain topically. Therefore, keep doing this soaking process when you have joint pain or arthritis.
Remedy 4: Apple cider vinegar and olive oil
Another of home remedies for arthritis pain with apple cider vinegar is to use it combined with olive oil. This carrier oil, in fact, is packed with a compound named oleocanthal. This is a natural compound helping to prevent inflammation related to arthritis. Oleocanthal can work as aspirin and ibuprofen (2 medications popularly used to keep arthritis pain at bay) and thus blocking the inflammatory pathways.
- 2 tablespoons of ACV
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- You simply mix the apple cider vinegar well with the olive oil to make a mixture
- Then you apply it directly on your joints which make you pain.
- You rub it for a few minutes and let it like that without washing off.
- You should do this process regularly during a few weeks
Remedy 5: Apple cider vinegar, honey, cinnamon, & peppermint tea bag for arthritis relief
- 1 tablespoon of ACV
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 10 oz glass of lukewarm water
- You take the apple cider vinegar, honey, cinnamon, peppermint tea bag and put them in a bowl
- Then you add the lukewarm water in this bowl, stir well and drink it
- You should keep drinking this mixture everyday to get relief from this problem.
Remedy 6: Apple cider vinegar, apple juice, and grape juice
Thanks to all the antioxidants and vitamins they have, apples can give you many benefits, including treating arthritis. In addition, apples almost appear in any healthy diet to aid you in losing weight if needed. Apples are not only capable of reducing the pressure on your joints but also help you ease pain and mobility problems. Apart from apples, grapefruit is also proven to have several benefits in removing pain and inflammation in your joints of patients suffering from arthritis, especially osteoarthritis because of various nutritional component content in it.
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 part
- Apple juice –3 parts
- Grape juice – 5 parts
- You mix all three ingredients well to make a mixture
- Then you drink ½ cup of this juice every day
- The combination of apple cider vinegar, apple juice, and grape juice will be one of the effectively home remedies for arthritis that you are finding.
11. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Alfalfa
In fact, Alfalfa is a herb that is rich in minerals. It also has the ability to regulate the pH levels to help people who are suffering from arthritis. Besides, they commonly use alfalfa as a detoxifier to detoxify your blood and deal with all arthritis types or joint issues. Moreover, alfalfa possesses a plenty of nutrients and it is very safe for babies, adults or even women during pregnancy or those who are breastfeeding.
- You may make an herbal tea by adding a few Alfalfa seeds in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Then you make a mixture by stirring two ingredients together and let it steep for a while.
- Now, you strain the tea and then drink this two times per day for at least 2 to 3 weeks to decrease the inflammation.
12. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey
Apple cider vinegar combined with honey will effectively heal arthritis. Because both of two ingredients are high in potassium which will be transferred into alkaline when it is consumed.
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of warm water
- At first, you put the apple cider vinegar and honey in a small bowl
- Then you add the warm water in this bowl and stir well
- Now, you consume this mixture every day in the morning before you have breakfast
- This process will help you to eliminate the buildup toxins in your joints and connective tissues.
- In addition, you may use the apple cider vinegar to make your salads.
13. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain with Borage
Borage is another remedy in the list of top 26 home remedies for arthritis. In fact, borage seed oil has an anti-inflammatory property that may help you in relieving arthritis along with its symptoms. Until now, no research can give an exact assess the borage seed oil safety level in people suffering from arthritis and problems related to it. However, it is indicated that oils rich in GLA (gamma linolenic acid) are relatively safe.
Therefore, you should take some drops of this borage seed oil and then massage it directly on your affected area to heal the swollen joints. Besides, you may simply consume 1 teaspoon of this borage seed oil daily for a quick relief from the arthritis pain
14. Home Remedies For Arthritis Pain by Massaging Your Joints
Massaging your arthritic joints regularly will assist you in reducing the pain along with stiffness. Massage will help to improve your motion as well as make you feel better in order to do your work. First of all, you should proceed to massage your joints with the helping of a therapist who has experience in massage to those who are suffering from arthritis.
You can access our main Home Remedies page to get more home remedies to deal with other health and beauty conditions. All above are top 26 natural home remedies for arthritis pain relief in neck, hands, and feet. Hope that this writing will help you to get rid of arthritis fast and easily. Nevertheless, you should firstly see your doctor to get diagnosed exactly before applying any of these home remedies. Besides, you can ask us any question by leaving your comment below. Also, let share your knowledge with us if you know other natural home remedies for arthritis pain.