In the human digestive part, the healthy colon is an important factor in maintaining the health status. Nowadays, people are susceptible to the gastrointestinal diseases. This is because the habits & lifestyles are changed while the food is not to meet food safety standard, which is a heavy burden for the intestines. Besides, the colon is dirty, or it contains many toxins that can cause a variety of the dangerous diseases, even can trigger a colon cancer. Therefore, the intestinal protection is a necessary thing for everyone to have the healthy body. In addition, you should also choose some foods that are good for the colon. Today, Effective Remedies will introduce to you some of the best natural home remedies for colon cleansing that you should not miss.
- Approved Natural Home Remedies For Indigestion
- Science-Based Natural Home Remedies For Food Poisoning In Adults
21 Science-Based Natural Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing
1. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Yogurt
The yogurt is the ideal medication for the digestive system. It is not only very rich in calcium but also easy to make the balance of bacteria in the stomach. Moreover, it helps to cleanse the digestive organ, prevent the colon from constipation, and reduce the gastrointestinal disease .
Yogurt also helps to solve the other stomach problems such as indigestion, flatulence, the frequent bowel movements, etc. With the components such as protein, vitamins, and minerals that are easily absorbed, the yogurt is considered as one of the best home remedies for colon cleansing.
- Have a cup of yogurt for several times a day to stop the cancer cells from developing in the lining of the colon
- You can eat yogurt only or eat it along with some other fresh fruits, including apples, limes, bananas, etc.
2. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Apple And Apple Juice
Apple and apple juice always have positive effects on most parts of the body, especially it’s one of the best home remedies for colon cleansing. The main function of apple is to promote the intestinal detoxification. Besides, the ingredients such as pectin in apple and polyphenol in apple juice are the important compounds that make anti-cancer substances during the intestinal fermentation. In other words, the butyrate is considered as an autoimmune metabolite which can prevent the development of malignant cells. This ingredient can be increased by the presence of pectin in fresh apples and apple juice. Moreover, the apple can protect the body from toxins and thus improve the bowel movement . In addition, this is a good source of natural fiber for the body, supporting weight loss effectively.
- Use the blender or juicer to make the juice from some apples
- Drink a glass of apple juice and relax within 30 minutes
- Have a glass of fresh water at the moment
- Repeat this method several times a day
- Don’t eat the solid food while using this remedy
3. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Lemon Juice
The fresh lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for colon cleansing. The lemon has the antioxidant and antibacterial properties and is rich in vitamin C, which is very good for digestive system. The combination of fresh lemon juice, a pinch of sea salt, and honey is one of the wonderful Home Remedies to protect the stomach from toxins and encourage the regular bowel movement. Especially, drinking the lemon juice every day will make your skin healthy and keep your body energetic. If you eat too much or eat fatty foods the day before, this drink will help you clean the stomach. Besides, the lemon helps the liver produce more bile and supports the digestive system for breaking down the different foods.
- Extract the juice from the lemon, make the mixture of lemon juice, a pinch of sea salt and a spoon of honey
- This mixture should be well stirred in a glass with the warm water
- You should drink this kind of drink before breakfast
- Drink a glass of lemon juice 2 or 3 times a day will keep your colon in a good shape and give you more energy
- You can add a spoon of fresh lemon juice to a glass of apple juice and have it 3 or 4 times a day, it will cleanse your colon correctly and thin out the mucus in your intestines
4. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Water
Water is very important to all parts of the body. In order to cleanse your colon, the best thing you can do is to drink plenty of water every day. If you drink water regularly, your body will be given the fluid and lubricant which helps to flush out the harmful toxic substances and wastes from the body effectively. Besides, drinking much water also has the influence on the intestinal motility, helping the food to move through the digestive system easier. In other words, drinking more water is the magic medication to encourage the natural peristaltic action of the colon in the normal function.
- It’s necessary to drink 10-12 glasses of water, about 2 liters of water a day
- Having a glass of warm water after waking up in the morning is essential for your body
- You can use the warm water with some honey and lime juice
5. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Fiber-Rich Foods
The fiber-rich foods support the body for absorbing the necessary nutrients and flushing out the harmful toxins from the colon. Especially, eating high-fiber foods will boost the bowel movement and then remove the waste products from your body.
The fiber plays an important role in keeping your intestine healthy, which helps the body’s digestion process to be completed fast. On the other hand, fiber-rich foods also push away many bowel problems and aid in colon cleansing as well .
- You can add the fiber-rich foods to your daily meals by eating fresh fruits & vegetables such as pears raspberries, apples, artichokes, peas, broccoli, etc.
- Cereal and beans also contain a good amount of fiber, which is very helpful in helping people to lose weight and preventing constipation and many other diseases
6. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Peanut
Peanut is very good for the colon health because it contains a lot of useful cellulose that limits constipation. When you eat the peanut, it has an effect on touching the stomach, nourishing colon, and moisten the intestines. In addition, the components in peanut, including phytic acids, unique plant sterols, and other special materials, help to increase the toughness of the intestinal tract; thus, help the digestive system to improve resistance to the bad intervention from the outside .
- You can eat 5-6 boiled peanuts every day to keep your colon healthier.
- The peanut is easy to be absorbed and it is a great snack for office staffs
7. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Seaweed
The seaweed contains alginate, which can help to boost the mucus in the intestines, protect the intestinal wall, and increase the beneficial bacteria in the intestine. Moreover, seaweed has the functions such as protecting toxins from the body, preventing the body from absorbing heavy metals, removing the radioactive elements in the body, and especially avoiding constipation & colon cancer. Besides, seaweed is one of the alkaline, iodine-rich foods which can stimulate the metabolism of triglycerides in the blood. Seaweed can reduce the levels of cholesterol in the blood and keep cholesterol levels at the normal level. Therefore, you should add seaweed food to the meals for the family.
- It’s better for you to eat the steamed seaweed because the mineral in seaweed will not be lost.
- You can make a variety of dishes with seaweed; for example, mixing it with soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil.
8. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Garlic
Garlic is one of the top colon cleansing foods. It is rich in inulin and 100 grams of garlic contains an average of 17 grams of undigested fiber. Therefore, the garlic can easily help to remove toxins, pathogens, and parasites shelter in the gastrointestinal system. Besides, it helps to increase your immune system and protect you from harmful bacteria because it contains allicin ingredient which is regarded as an antibiotic component against viruses, bacteria, fungus causing the inflammation of the colon.
- The garlic must be ground or made into the small pieces before processing with other foods such as beef meat, buffalo meat, etc.
- You should eat fresh garlic instead of the dried garlic, or make garlic wine to maximize its effects on the body protection.
- The garlic can be soaked in vinegar or sugar. It’s very good for the acidic environment in the colon.
9. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Ginger Juice
If you have a problem with your colon, don’t skip the ginger because it is a natural ingredient to cleanse your colon. It helps to support the digestion by stimulating gastrointestinal secretions, reducing abdominal distension, and aiding the colon in working effectively. The ginger also flushes out the wastes and harmful toxins from your body. In other words, the ginger tea is one of the ideal home remedies for colon cleansing .
- Put the water in the boiler or kettle, heat it and then make it cool
- Make the mixture of sea salt, ginger juice, lemon juice and stir them well
- You should drink this mixture in the morning when your stomach is empty
- Drink one more a glass of ginger before lunch and in the early evening at 6-7 pm to cleanse the colon
- Have the mashed ginger mixed with the water and honey
- Use this remedy 2-3 times a day
- Or add the fresh ginger to herbal tea for eliminating the toxins from your body
- This method is not used for pregnant and breastfeeding women
10. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Flaxseeds
Adding these seeds to the daily meal is a great remedy to cleanse the intestines because they are very rich in fiber. Moreover, the flaxseeds improve the absorption of nutrients and the digestive function, which helps to reduce the risk of developing colon cancer. They contain omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and high fiber. Therefore, your heart will be protected if you eat these seeds regularly . Besides, the flaxseeds will absorb water and expand the colon, which helps to get rid of toxins & wastes from the body more easily. It can be said that eating flaxseeds help to prevent you from many diseases, including cancer, cardiovascular, diabetes, constipation, colon, and stomach.
- Crush a spoon of flaxseeds and then put in a glass of the warm water. Then, wait for 30 minutes and then drink it
- You should use this drink 2 times a day before having breakfast and going to bed about 30 minutes
- The flaxseeds can also be mixed with salad or a cup of yogurt
11. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Sea Salt
Thanks to the detoxification, the salt water is a successful home remedy to cleanse your colon and encourage the bowel movement. The salt water can eliminate all the harmful toxins and flush out the bacteria from your digestive system . Besides, this method is very good for people with stomachache, colitis, constipation or diarrhea. Also, it helps you to prevent the chronic diseases, including cancer.
- Mix a tablespoon of sea salt with a glass of the boiled water and then stir it well
- Drink this mixture when the water is warm and drink as soon as waking up with an empty stomach.
- Wait for few minutes, then lie gently, lightly rub the abdomen and stomach part, massage from the stomach to the intestinal area in order to stimulate the bowel movement & remove toxins and bacteria in the gastrointestinal system.
- You should do this method 4-5 times a month. When drinking it, you must drink more water to avoid diarrhea
12. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Raw Vegetable Juices
Instead of eating cooked and processed foods, drinking the fresh vegetable juice several times a day will have the effect of cleaning the intestines correctly. Especially, the raw vegetables contain chlorophyll, which effectively removes all toxins and waste products from the body. In addition, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes in the vegetables will keep your body healthy and energetic.
- You should eat the raw vegetables such as cucumber, cabbage, parsley, spinach, broccoli, beetroot, kale, celery, etc. Or squeeze the raw vegetable juice from them by a blender or juicer
- This remedy can be taken several times a day.
- This juice is used for the weight loss.
13. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Aloe Vera
In fact, aloe vera gel is one of the effective home remedies for colon cleansing and the stomach ulcer. Moreover, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera juice is helpful in reducing inflammation symptoms in the body. Besides, it can support a healthy colon, preventing the digestive system from constipation and diarrhea .
- Put the aloe vera leaf vertically to extract the gel or juice
- Make the mixture of the lemon juice, honey, and aloe vera juice, stir well and then blend them
- Make freeze for 2-3 days,
- Use this remedy regularly
14. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Green Tea
Green tea is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which will help to detoxify the body effectively. It also helps to cleanse your colon and improve your bowel movement function. Moreover, the green tea is able to metabolize fat cells and remove toxins out of the body faster. Even if you do not follow the diet, green tea can also reduce lipid and abdominal fats. Taking this remedy of tea regularly will help you purify blood and break down the toxins accumulated in the digestive system due to factors, such as contaminants, chemicals, and consumption of processed food.
Method 1 (in the morning):
- Add a slice of lime, a little juice or a slice of ginger into a glass of warm tea water
- After 20 minutes, you can enjoy the morning tea by adding ingredients such as acai berry, ginseng, barley grass or spirulina
- The above ingredients will help provide the body with antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients and energize the body to start the day
Method 2 (throughout the day):
- During the day, you should drink 3 cups of green tea or jasmine tea.
- Green tea has the effect of reducing triglyceride levels, which reduces belly fat by burning fatty cells.
Method 3 (in the evening):
- To enjoy a cup of tea for colon cleansing without having insomnia, you can add ingredients such as dried orange peel, cucumber, lime leaves, lemon peel, licorice root, etc. to the tea cups.
- Regularly use this home remedy for 7 to 28 days to make the body healthy
15. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Triphala
With the combination of 3 fruits, including Amalaki, Haritaki and Bhibitaki, Triphala is one of the best home remedies for colon cleansing. This fruit is very rich in bioflavonoids, vitamin C, phospholipids, and linoleic oil, which can stimulate the bowel movement. Besides, the Triphala contain the laxatives that help to flush out all harmful toxins and waste products from the body and improve the functions of the digestive system as well.
- You can buy Triphala at Ayurveda health stores directly or make the online reservation in Ayurveda shops.
- Add a teaspoon of Triphala to a glass of water and drink
- Use this method regularly, especially in the morning
16. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Avocado
Avocados are a wonderful choice for detoxification and digestion. Like apples, the avocado is also rich in fiber, which contains both soluble and insoluble types at a rate of 1-3. The insoluble fiber helps promote healthy bowel movement and cleanse the colon, reduce the risk of colon cancer. The soluble fiber can absorb the water and break down the toxins and wastes in the digestive tract from the body effectively. Moreover, this fruit is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and intestinal lubricants. This helps to prevent toxins from sticking to the intestinal wall and make digestion more convenient.
- You can make the avocado smoothie with ingredients including avocado, condensed milk, fresh milk, and ice by putting those ingredients in the blender.
- You can eat the butter with the cheese bread
- Eating this fruit regularly will be very good for the digestive system.
17. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Senna
This flowering plant is considered as a laxative and it is very useful for colon cleansing. The anthraquinones in its pods & leaves can encourage the colon effectively. Besides, the Senna helps you prevent from constipation and stimulates the bowel movement. Especially, it has an effect on improving the peristaltic circulation in the colon.
- Make a tea with the crushed Senna herbs by adding it to a glass of the hot water
- Immerse it about 10 minutes and then well strain the herb.
- Have it
18. Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing – Papaya
This is a great food for cleansing the colon correctly because the papaya contains papain – digestive enzymes that help to break down food & protein and release the gas in the stomach out easily. Moreover, the papaya or pumpkin can break down the texture of fat and reduce the amount of work done by the digestive system. The pectin ingredient in papaya also has a clear function for the stomach and digestion. Besides, the green papaya is very rich in vitamin C, potassium, fiber and low in calories. When these components pass through the intestinal tract, they can cleanse the colon by removing cancer-causing toxins from the intestinal wall .
- It should be noted that only papaya should be eaten between meals, about 1-2 hours after the main meal.
- You should eat the ripe papaya; remove its seeds to avoid damaging to the stomach the stomach and gastrointestinal disturbances.
When you eat, the food is converted into nutrients that feed the body through the intestines. Therefore, a healthy colon is the key to have a healthy body. Furthermore, the colon is the digestive part which is in direct contact with the food, then responsible for digesting the nutrients and pushing the residue out. Therefore, choosing the food is the important thing to the human health. Hope that this writing on natural home remedies for colon cleansing could help you to understand your condition and get a healthy colon. For any comment on this article, please show it at the end of the post!