Vertigo is a type of feeling of dizziness. When you get vertigo, you'll feel everything around you is moving and spinning. And what are the causes of vertigo? The answers to this question are caffeine, poor vision, the lack of sleep, certain medicines, anemia, brain tumor, tobacco, blood vessel disease, high cholesterol level, alcohol, diabetes, head injuries, migraine, infection in the ear, and so on. In additional, when you suffer from vertigo, you also have other symptoms; for example, difficulty in standing or walking, nausea, pain in ears, and so on. Therefore, when you are suffering from vertigo, what you do is to take some certain medicines to get rid of this problem. However, when you abuse these medicines, it isn't good for your health. So do you want to try something that not only helps to treat vertigo but also is very good for your health? In this writing, Effectiveremedies.com will introduce to you top 17 home remedies for vertigo attacks without any side effect. This article listed the best treatments to treat this problem from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Continue reading this article to understand more!
Top 17 Natural Home Remedies For Vertigo Attacks
These are 17 home remedies for vertigo attacks that you are looking for:
1. Coriander Seeds, Gooseberry Powder, And Sugar
A useful remedy in the list of top 17 home remedies for vertigo attacks is the combination of coriander seeds, gooseberry powder, and sugar. So when you try using this way to treat vertigo, you can follow the detailed instructions below:
- Coriander seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Gooseberry powder – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1/2 tablespoon
- Firstly, you take coriander seeds along with gooseberry powder.
- Then, you soak them into the clean water for overnight.
- Now, you strain the liquid in the next morning.
- After that, you add sugar into it.
- Finally, you drink this water whenever you suffer from vertigo. It will provide you with an instant relief.
2. Almond Milk
In fact, almond is very helpful for curing vertigo attacks. It is very rich in vitamin E and vitamin B that can help to get rid of vertigo effectively at home. To use almond as a home remedy, you should follow some easy directions below:
- Almonds – a few
- Warm milk – 1 glass
- At first, you take a few almonds.
- Then, you let them soak into the clean water for overnight.
- After that, you make a fine paste by grinding them in the next morning.
- Next, you put this paste into the glass of warm milk.
- Finally, you drink this milk that can help you to treat your vertigo naturally and immediately.
3. Almond, Watermelon Seeds, Wheat Grain, Poppy Seeds, And Ghee
Both watermelon seeds and almond are very good for vertigo attacks. However, you have to prepare these ingredients before doing this remedy:
- Almonds – 8
- Watermelon seeds – 8
- Wheat grain – 2 tablespoons
- Poppy seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Firstly, you soak all the above ingredients in water for overnight.
- Now, you crush them to create a thick paste in the next morning.
- Then, you put ghee into a clean pan and put this pan on the flame.
- Next, you add this paste into this pan and fry it thoroughly.
- Finally, you add the paste into the milk and drink it.
- You should do this way for several times per week to relieve vertigo effectively.
4. Ginger, Boiling Water, And Honey
In order to treat vertigo attacks, ginger is one of the easiest home remedies for you.
This easy remedy can help to relieve nausea as well as promote the blood circulation to your brain.
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Honey – a little
- Firstly, you steep ginger into the cup of boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Then, you strain the liquid into another cup.
- After that, you add a little honey into this tea.
- Finally, you drink this tea for about twice per day on the daily basis.
- You should repeat this method for a few weeks.
Another simpler method is that you need to a ginger piece when vertigo attacks you. Or, you may also take ginger supplements. However, remember that you have to consult your doctor before taking them.
5. Lemon, Salt, And Black Pepper
If you want to cure vertigo naturally and effectively at home, you can try the mixture of lemon, salt, and black pepper. This mixture will help to treat all the symptoms of this problem fast.
- Lemon – 1/2
- Warm water – 1 glass
- Black pepper
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Firstly, you squeeze 1/2 lemon into the glass of warm water.
- Now, you add black pepper and salt into this glass.
- After that, you mix them well.
- Finally, you drink this water when you suffer from vertigo.
6. Cardamom, Cinnamon, And Sesame Oil
One of other helpful home remedies for vertigo attacks is to use the mixture of cardamom, cinnamon, and sesame oil. To perform this method, you can consult these following steps:
- Sesame oil – 2 teaspoons
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- At first, you heat sesame oil.
- Then, you mix it with cardamom powder and cinnamon powder.
- Next, you use the mixture to gently massage your head.
- Finally, you leave it on there for about several hours.
- You can do this way for a few times per week for one or two months.
7. Basil Leaves And Milk
Thanks for the smell, light, and spicy of basil leaves, it will help you to treat vertigo attacks effectively and fast.
- Basil leaves – 3 to 4
- Milk – 1 cup
- Firstly, you take basil leaves.
- Then, you boil them in one cup of milk.
- Finally, you drink this milk. Or, you can also inhale the smell of the milk every day before going to bed.
- You should repeat this way for a few weeks.
8. Lemon Balm
In fact, lemon balm is proven to help to relieve some problems such as insomnia, depression, nervous tension, migraines, and vertigo. In additional, it contains antiviral properties. That is why it’s concerned as one of other fastest home remedies for vertigo attacks.
- water – 1 cup
- dried lemon balm leaves – 1 teaspoon
- Firstly, you boil the cup of water.
- Then, you add the dried lemon balm leaves into it.
- Now, you let it simmer for 10 or 15 minutes.
- After that, you strain the liquid into another cup.
- Finally, you drink this tea for a few times a day.
- You should continue doing this remedy for a few weeks.
Another option, you can also inhale lemon balm oil directly but do not inhale this oil for a long time. However, you should ask a doctor for the advice before applying this way.
9. Valerian Root
You can try valerian whenever vertigo attacks you. It may deal with this problem such as anxiety and insomnia that are the causes of vertigo. Moreover, you should follow these detailed directions here to relieve vertigo attacks quickly:
- Dried valerian root – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Firstly, you put the dried valerian root into the cup of water.
- Now, you let it steep for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- After that, you strain this tea.
- Finally, you drink it slowly.
- You should do this way up to three times per day for at least 2 weeks.
Nevertheless, there is an easier method to treat vertigo fast. You take 1 teaspoon of valerian tincture for one or two times per day on the daily basis. And you can do this remedy for 2 or 3 weeks. In addition, you should ask the doctor before taking valerian tincture.
10. Ginkgo Biloba
When it comes to talking about home remedies for vertigo attacks, you cannot forget ginkgo biloba. It is a great Chinese medicine increasing the blood flow to the brain, which may decrease the dizziness effectively.
To treat vertigo effectively and fast, you should take 120 to 160 milligrams of ginkgo biloba extract for two or three times a day for at least 3 months.
However, before doing this method, you should consult the doctor.
11. Amla, Coriander, And Misri
Would you like to treat vertigo attacks quickly? If yes, you should try the combination of amla, coriander, and misri. And this combination is implemented as the directions below:
- Dried amla – 6 mg
- Dried coriander – 6 mg
- Water – 2 cups
- Misri – 2 tablespoons
- Firstly, you take the dried amla and dried coriander.
- Then, you fill one clay pot with water.
- Next, you soak them into it for overnight.
- Now, you crush them in water in the next morning.
- After that, you mix misri in it.
- Now, you strain the liquid.
- Finally, you drink it slowly.
- You should follow this way for one or two times a day for 4 to 5 days to get relief from vertigo attacks.
12. Epley Maneuver
One of the most beneficial home remedies for vertigo attacks is to use epley maneuver. Here is the procedure that can also treat vertigo quickly:
- Firstly, you sit on your bed and put your pillow behind you so that it’s going to be under the shoulders after you lie down.
- Then, you turn the head 45 degrees to your left hand if this problem comes from your left ear. If vertigo comes from your right ear, you turn right 45 degrees.
- Now, you lie back with the shoulders on your pillow fast and refine the head on your bed for about 30 seconds.
- After that, you turn the head 90 degrees to your right hand and wait for about 30 seconds if you do not raise your head.
- Next, you turn your body 90 degrees to your right hand and keep this position for about 30 seconds while you still keep the head in current position.
- Now, you sit down slowly and bring the head to the center.
- You do this procedure for three times per day until you do not suffer from vertigo at least in 1 day.
- To get the best result, you have to perform this procedure in the evening before going to bed.
When it comes to strawberries, you just think that they are considered as delicious fruits everyone loves. So now, they can also be used as a natural remedy in the list of top 17 home remedies for vertigo attacks.
Now you can eat strawberries every day, which will keep vertigo away.
Another option, you can also cut a few fresh strawberries and place them into a cup of yogurt. After that, you eat them for twice per day. You should repeat it daily so that it may relieve vertigo quickly.
14. Garlic And Sesame Oil
Both sesame oil and garlic are using as one of other best home remedies for vertigo attacks. So when you want to use this combination, you should follow the following steps:
- Medium-sized garlic cloves – 2
- Sesame oil – 2 teaspoons
- Firstly, you take the medium-sized garlic cloves and sesame oil.
- Then, you crush the garlic cloves.
- After that, you fry the garlic paste in sesame oil until it turns into brown.
- Next, you strain this mixture out of sesame oil.
- Now, you let this oil cool down.
- Now, you pour 2 or 3 drops of this oil in one ear and allow the oil to stay in there for one minute.
- Finally, you turn your head to drain this oil out.
- You repeat this process for another ear.
- You should do this way for once per day on the daily basis to relieve vertigo effectively and naturally.
15. Almond, Butter, Milk, Pumpkin Seeds, Wheat, And Poppy Seeds
If you want to relieve vertigo attacks as quickly as possible, you should use the mixture of almond, butter, milk, cloves, pumpkin seed, wheat, and poppy seeds.
- Almonds – a few
- Poppy seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Wheat – 3 tablespoons
- Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Cloves – 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 glass
- At first, you soak almonds, pumpkin seeds, wheat, and poppy seeds into the clean water for overnight.
- Then, you fry cloves with butter in the next morning.
- Now, you take the mixture almonds, poppy seeds, almonds, wheat, and pumpkin seeds out of the water.
- Next, you crush this mixture to create a fine paste.
- After that, you boil the glass of milk and then add the fried cloves and the paste into it.
- Finally, you drink this milk for once per day.
If you have vertigo, why not use lemongrass? In the past, it was used to treat a lot of diseases including dizziness, vertigo, and nausea. Therefore, applying this treatment is also a good idea. Here is the way which you can consult:
- Firstly, wash carefully a lemongrass
- Next cut it into small thin slices
- After that, pour them into a cup of water
- Then boil it
- Finally, drink this tea whenever you get vertigo in order to receive a relief from it
When you apply this remedy, you will fell energetic and refreshed
17. Cayenne Pepper
If you have vertigo, a remedy which should be applied is cayenne pepper. It is a popular cooking ingredient you are able to find in your kitchen. Besides, it has an active agent which is called capsaicin. This element is capable of helping you increase the blood flow in the brain. Now it’s time to apply this simple remedy so as to treat vertigo.
- Cayenne peppers – a few
- Water – 1 cup
- At first, you take a few cayenne peppers.
- Then, you put them into the cup of water.
- After that, you bring it to a boil.
- Finally, you drink this water whenever you feel vertigo to get rid of the symptoms of vertigo.
- Sleep well at least 9 hours a day.
- Drink plenty of fruit juice or water per day.
- Give up drinking alcohol or smoking
- Do exercises regularly or yoga and take meditation
- Reduce stress every day
- Eat more healthy food
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid the sudden motions
- Walk with a cane for stability if you’re at risk of falling
- Sit down right now whenever you feel dizzy
- Change your pillow every 6 months
- Avoid loud sound or bright light
If you want to know more about natural home remedies for other diseases and conditions go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 17 natural home remedies for vertigo attacks, hope that it can help you find out the best solution for treating vertigo attacks simply and easily. However, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any natural home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for vertigo attacks, please leave them below.