The word “tinnitus” comes from the Latin language, which means “to ring.” Most people think that tinnitus is the condition resulting in ringing in the ears. However, it also includes sensations and other abnormal sounds. If the tinnitus lasts frequently, it will cause emotional and psychological problems. There are some reasons for this condition, but the two main reasons are the injuries of brain and nerve affecting the auditory pathway and the certain disorder affecting the parts in the ears. Even so, most cases are not associated with any serious illness, and there are still natural treatments you can choose to prevent this issue. Therefore, in this article, Effective Remedies will show you top 9 proven natural home remedies for tinnitus (ear’s ringing), and we hope that you will find the most suitable way to apply and get the best results.
- How to use castor oil for tinnitus treatment
- Natural at home remedies for ear infections in adults
- Unexpected natural home remedies for swimmer’s ear
Top 9 Proven Natural Home Remedies For Tinnitus (Ear’s Ringing)
I. Tinnitus Symptoms
Below are the most common symptoms of tinnitus:
- Hearing sounds when there is not any external sound presenting. Sounds can consist of ringing, buzzing, sizzling, clicking, roaring, hissing or humming.
- Many patients describe the sounds change according to their intensity, volume, pitch, and type.
- At the same time, tinnitus sounds can come from one ear or both ears.
- Some people might hear musical sounds, yet this situation is very rare.
- Besides dealing with strange sounds in the ears, people feel tired with the problems about psychology like irritability, anxiety, insomnia or even depression that lead to the pessimistic thoughts.
- Tinnitus with loud sounds can affect the hearing of actual sounds and the ability of concentration that cause brain fog. It also results in problems with speech, particularly in children.
- This condition might become worse with age and often happens in the elderly who suffer from hearing loss.
II. Proven Home Remedies For Tinnitus
1. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Garlic
In garlic, there is an active ingredient known as allicin, breaking down into diallyl disulfide (DADS) and diallyl trisulfide (DATS). Allicin is an effective antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral substance. This compound also contains other antioxidants that contribute to preventing free radical damage – one of the reasons for increasing the risk of developing conditions . Also, allicin has anti-inflammatory properties helping against diseases. For these benefits, garlic becomes one of the most thoroughly researched and the best medicines in the world.
While the cause of tinnitus is still not known exactly in many cases, the underlying problem can be an ear infection. In this situation, garlic is the effective way to prevent sounds causing tinnitus for its anti-inflammatory elements. Another reason for tinnitus may be the poor circulation of blood in the ears. This highlights the advantages of garlic in minimizing high blood pressure, reducing the level of high cholesterol, and other ways to improve circulation because of the sulfur compounds like DADS and DATS. Besides the two above benefits in treating tinnitus, it is necessary to remember that garlic also helps promote the general health at any mysterious cause.
By using garlic as one of the natural home remedies for tinnitus, firstly, you need to make a mixture of six minced cloves of garlic and a cup of olive oil. Then, keep the mixture for a week. After that, sieve the liquid and drip a little bit into your ears.
2. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Ginger
Ginger is not only the common spice around the world but also an effective healing remedy in preventing cold and flu, treating digestive problems, improving blood circulation, etc. . Besides, it has another surprising benefit that is the ability to get rid of tinnitus, especially the type of tinnitus resulted from poor blood circulation. Ginger also includes aspirin that can ease any pain related to tinnitus. Similar to garlic, it contains antioxidant properties helping prevent free radical damage.
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
There are many uses of ginger in treating tinnitus. You can use capsules or tinctures instead of fresh ginger. If you prefer fresh ginger, you can use it to make ginger tea. You should use 2 to 4 grams a day and then can change the amount to suit your need.
3. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Apple Cider Vinegar
The nature of apple cider vinegar is acid that is a powerful substance helping against tinnitus and many other diseases because it contains antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties . Also, apple cider vinegar possesses various vitamins, minerals as well as enzymes the body needs. Besides, it also includes important anti-inflammatory elements. All benefits contribute to the treatment of tinnitus.
To cure tinnitus, you should make the mixture of 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 12 ounces of water. You can also use tea and milk (soy or almond milk is the best) instead of water. Consume it until the tinnitus stops.
4. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Pineapple
If you hear “phantom” sounds in the ears, one of the causes might be the inflammation. Studies show that pineapple can reduce the inflammation not only in the ears but also throughout the body due to one substance known as bromelain. Consuming fresh pineapple is one way you can try to deal with the ringing sounds in your ears. Pineapple consumption also does not result in any harmful side except that you have an allergy. Besides, the vitamins in this fruit are beneficial to the rest of the body too.
5. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Sunflower Seeds
Eating sunflower seeds is one of the best solutions to cure the tinnitus. Sunflower seeds contain many nutrients that are healthy for the body:
- They contain omega-3 fatty acids that help stimulate heart health.
- Selenium substance in sunflower seeds can detoxify the body and prevent different kinds of cancers.
- These seeds also have copper and magnesium that make the bone stronger. In there, the magnesium can remove stress and migraines.
- In addition, sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E. This type of vitamin is a popular substance, which maintains healthy skin and prevents aging. Apart from these, it also helps relieve arthritic pain.
- More importantly, they include antioxidants that play important role in fighting inflammation.
- And many other nutrients.
All above nutrients help stimulate a healthier body. Because one of the reasons causing the tinnitus is something wrong in the body, strengthening the health may be the best solution on how to stop this condition. Sunflower seeds also contribute to the promotion of blood circulation. Since the poor blood circulation often leads to the tinnitus.
The simplest way to use sunflower seeds to treat tinnitus is snacking on them all day, or you can boil the same amounts of these seeds (including shells) and rock sugar in water for 30 minutes and consume it twice a day.
6. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Fenugreek Seeds
Most types of tinnitus are difficult to find the cause. Hence, there is no cure for them although there are numerous therapies that work. However, once you quit using whatever treatment, the tinnitus will return. Because of this, using fenugreek seeds become a useful method to fix tinnitus. They contain the myriad of active properties that can reduce any ailment you have. Also, similar to above remedies, fenugreek seeds help boost the blood circulation.
You can use fenugreek seeds by making fenugreek tea. Firstly, mixing two teaspoons of crushed seeds with a cup of water and boil it about 10 minutes. You should consume 3 cups of this a day to get the best results.
7. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Onions
Onions are the rich source of vitamin C and A. It also contains quercetin and chromium. All these substances help stimulate the immune system to prevent the free radicals from damaging inside the ears and causing tinnitus. Besides, it is an effective anti-inflammatory and anti-infective method.
To use onions to reduce tinnitus, you need to extract juice from onions and drip some drip a little bit inside the ears. Start by doing this method three times a week, and then reduce to once a week if your condition subsides.
8. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is also an effective tinnitus treatment. Firstly, if your tinnitus comes from infection, apply some drops of coconut oil inside the ears because it is an antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal substance, too. However, if you hear ringing sounds due to the accumulation of earwax, coconut oil can help remove it. Also, this kind of oil can improve the health in general for essential fatty acids (EFAs) that help promote the immunity, manage diabetes, prevent eczema, etc.
9. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Holy Basil
Holy basil is a popular herb that aids in reducing tinnitus. It contains antibacterial properties that eliminate bacteria in the ears. At the same time, it plays a role in the relief of the ears pain. To apply this method, the first step you need to do is take the extraction from the leaves of holy basil, then put about two drops in the ears. Repeat this twice a day to get the highest effectiveness.
III. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Precautions
- Sometimes, the tinnitus only appears temporarily due to common diseases like cold, fever, and infection. If the tinnitus continues to last after you have recovered, it can be another cause. Hence, you should go to see a doctor.
- If symptoms of the tinnitus happen suddenly without any obvious reason, or more seriously, you feel dizzy or sudden hearing loss, check with your doctor.
- Tinnitus causes the side effects such as anxiety and depression. Therefore, to prevent the bad situations, you always need to speak with a counselor your difficulties.
- Besides treating tinnitus by nutrient foods, changing lifestyle is also very important. The lack of sleep or stress leads to reducing the immune system and make you susceptible to inflammation and infection and the problems about ears.
Above are the fundamental information about tinnitus and top 9 proven natural home remedies for tinnitus (ear’s ringing). We hope you will get desired results from using some of these methods. However, the most important thing always is that you have to have the healthy spirit. It will make the strong immunity against the types of diseases. If you want to find more natural ways to improve the health in general, please visit our Home Remedies page and do not forget to leave your comment in the box below to show us your thought. All content provided are for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.