Dermatitis is an inflammation concerned with the skin. There are many types of this disease, including contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, stasis dermatitis, and irritant contact dermatitis When you have dermatitis, some symptoms such as swelling, itchiness, blisters, a rash, crusting, burning sensation can appear. The causes may be toxins in the body, allergy with cosmetic products, nutritional problems, etc.
Dermatitis affects not only the health but also has a bad effect on beauty, so it can lower the self-confidence. The symptoms of this disease can make you feel uncomfortable so that your daily activities will be affected. However, do not worry because you can easily make the natural remedies at home to treat this disease. Continue reading this article on EffectiveRemedies to discover the best proven home remedies for dermatitis on eyelids, scalp, hands, and feet and find one that is suitable for you.
There is no science-based evidence for the following homemade recipes. The recipes we've focused on are traditional home remedies, so always consult your doctor and check out your health condition regularly to know if a remedy is working for you.
- Home remedies for eczema on face and body
- Home remedies for rosacea on face
- Home remedies for psoriasis
14 Proven Home Remedies For Dermatitis On Eyelids, Scalp, Hands, And Feet
I. Home Remedies For Dermatitis On Eyelids
1. Aloe Vera
Thanks to a large number of essential vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, proteins, polysaccharides, and folic acids, aloe vera is one of the best treatment for skin inflammation, including dermatitis 
According to a study in 2012, aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory properties, which reduce red rashes. Aloe vera is especially effective to treat seborrhoeic dermatitis because it is rich in antibacterial and antifungal properties, which can protect the scalp from dandruff. This ingredient can moisturize the skin and maintain the pH level of the skin. Moreover, aloe vera is safe for sensitive skin.
- Cut the aloe leaves and put them in an airtight container in a refrigerator (12 days).
- Make sure that the temperature is not more than 6°C.
- After 12 days, add red wine (quarter cup) and castor oil (150g).
- Put this mixture on 1 cm thick gauze.
- Apply this gauze to the eyelids for 15-20 minutes.
- Clean your eyelids.
Note: For dermatitis on feet or hands and on the scalp, you can put a fresh aloe vera gel on the affected area many times daily for a month, or you can drink aloe vera juice (a few ounces).
2. Celandine Juice
The Chinese have used celandine (Chelidonium majus) for a long time for medical purposes. Because of having alkaloids, sparteine, vitamin C, essential oil, flavonoids, saponosides, mineral salts, and numerous other compounds, celandine may solve multiple health problems including the problems with the skin and especially the cancer. Celandine can treat cancer because it has apoptosis, which can prevent the development of cancer cells. Moreover, the natural alkaloids in celandine juice may treat dermatitis on eyelids.
- Mix vodka with celandine juice in a ratio of 1:1.
- Leave this mixture in the dark and cool place for two days.
- Dip a cotton ball in this mixture.
- Apply this cotton ball to the eyelids.
- Use this remedy twice daily before going to bed in three weeks.
3. Olive Oil
Nowadays, more and more people use olive oil because of its benefits on health, skin, and hair. Thanks to its natural antibacterial properties and antioxidant components, olive oil may not only treat the wrinkles and bring you a soft skin but also help you get rid of dermatitis on eyelids.
- Clean your face with warm water.
- Apply several drops of olive oil to the face.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Wash it with a clean warm towel.
II. Home Remedies For Dermatitis On Feet Or Hands
Honey is very familiar with us not only for cooking but also for treating many diseases. According to many studies, honey is beneficial for treating dermatitis. Honey has antibacterial properties, which are beneficial for healing wounds. Especially, honey may help kill bacterial and fungal, which are the causes of seborrheic dermatitis. Moreover, it helps protect the damaged skin and prevents infection. This ingredient also moisturizes your skin and makes the skin supple.
- Mix raw honey, beeswax and olive oil with equal amounts.
- Boil this mixture and let it cool.
- Apply this mixture to the skin.
- Leave it for hours.
- Use it daily for several weeks to see a good result.
- Mix the honey with water (4:1).
- Use this mixture to wash your affected skin.
- You can also apply this remedy to treat dermatitis on the scalp.
Oatmeal gives your skin a protective layer, which can prevent your skin from pollutants and UV. Moreover, oatmeal is good at moisturizing your skin and removing the dead skin cells. It can also clean and hydrate your skin, so it is an effective way to treat dermatitis, including skin irritation, itching, and rashes.
- Add one cup of oatmeal powder in warm water.
- Use this mixture to soak your body for 15-20 minutes.
- Do it daily, and you will see the good results.
- Mix extra virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons) with baking soda ( ¼ cup), and oatmeal powder ( ½ cup)
- Soak your body with this mixture for 15-20 minutes.
6. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is necessary for your skin. It is an easy way to help you get rid of dermatitis. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you supply enough vitamin E for your skin to reduce the inflammation and itching associated with dermatitis .
- Use vitamin E oil on your skin before going to bed.
- Or use the products having vitamin E such as lotion and cream.
- Eat vitamin E rich foods such as peanut butter, corn.
To find out more about the benefits of vitamin E for skin, read the article of Best Minerals And Vitamins For Dry Skin On Face And Body. It was medically reviewed by Nichole Dandrea-Russert, MS, RDN.
Chamomile is good for our health, such as improving sleep, preventing cancer, reducing stress and anxiety, and promoting heart health. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, chamomile can treat the irritations or skin problems like eczema. Therapeutic properties in chamomile can make it soothe the affected skin. Therefore, you can feel more comfortable when using this ingredient. Moreover, it is also beneficial for treating wrinkles or blemishes on the face.
- Steep chamomile flowers (two or three teaspoons) in a cup of water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Apply this water to your affected skin by using a piece of clean cloth for 20 minutes.
- Use it a few times daily to have a good result.
- Add chamomile essential oil (5 to 10 drops) in water.
- Soak your body in the mixture for about 20 minutes.
- Do it daily until you have the improvement
According to many studies, neem has amazing antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. Besides being good at solving the hair and health problems, it has many benefits such as treating acne, dryness and wound, stopping the blackheads, lightening the skin, and delaying the skin aging. This ingredient helps restore your skin and prevent it from various infections. Moreover, it may treat problems of dermatitis because it helps reduce itchiness and irritation.
- Mix sesame oil (a tablespoon) and turmeric powder (a tablespoon) with ground neem leaves (a tablespoon).
- Apply this solution to the affected skin.
- Leave it for a few hours before washing it off.
- Do it daily until you see the improvement.
- Add a few drops of neem oil in water.
- Soak your body in the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Do it daily for quick effects.
Turmeric is a natural treatment for skin problems. Many researchers say that turmeric can fight the inflammatory enzymes cause psoriasis. It can also treat acne, prevent wrinkles. The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties found in turmeric make it become one of the most effective remedies for dermatitis.
- Heat a liter of water.
- Add turmeric powder ( ½ teaspoon) to this water.
- Boil the solution and let it cool.
- Drink this water or use this water to apply to the affected skin.
- Follow the remedy daily.
10. Slippery Elm
The mucilage content in slippery elm helps moisturize your skin. Moreover, it is helpful to promote healing. That is the reason why you should use slippery elm for treating dermatitis.
- Wash and grind few slippery elm leaves.
- Apply this paste to the affected skin.
- Let it dry before washing it off.
- Do it every day until you are satisfied with the result.
III. Home Remedies For Dermatitis On Scalp
11. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil works as an amazing skin moisturizer. Also, antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties housed in coconut oil may help treat skin problems such as dermatitis. Coconut can also reduce itching and combat bacteria, so it is helpful for dermatitis. Besides, it helps decrease excess yeast, microbes, and fungi, which cause irritation and excess oiliness or dryness.
- Apply warm coconut oil to the damaged skin.
- Use coconut oil daily every day.
- Mix 8 drops cedarwood oil, 8 drops rosemary oil, 6 drops tea tree oil, 1 teaspoon of honey with 4 ounces coconut oil or olive oil or almond oil.
- Apply this mixture to the affected skin and massage.
- Wait for 15 – 20 minutes before washing.
Note: You can use these remedies to treat dermatitis on the feet or hands.
12. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is not only used for cooking but also for treating dermatitis. Because of its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, apple cider vinegar reduces itchiness and inflammation effectively. Moreover, apple cider vinegar contains malic acid, which can help destroy seborrheic dermatitis leading to fungus. Therefore, the skin's natural acidic environment will be restored.
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the water.
- Apply this solution to the affected skin by using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash with warm water.
- Try this home treatment daily.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water (1:1) (you should use boiled or bottled water).
- Apply this mixture to the affected skin.
- Wait for 10 – 15 minutes.
- If you feel a stingy sensation, you should wash rapidly and apply a more diluted solution.
- Use this solution while showering
Note: These remedies are also beneficial to treat dermatitis on the feet or hands.
13. Baking Soda
The anti-inflammatory property housed in baking soda is useful for promoting blood circulation in the area around the eyes. This makes baking soda become an excellent treatment for dark circles, wrinkles, and puffiness. Furthermore, baking soda makes your skin smooth and enhances the growth of new skin. It has the alkalinity, which can kill the fungus. It also helps you reduce the flakes caused by the dead skin cells because it works as a mild exfoliator.
- Combine ½ teaspoon of luring baking soda and ½ cup of water.
- Apply this solution to the affected skin.
- Wash with cool water after 5 to 10 minutes.
Note: You can use baking soda to combat dermatitis on your hands or feet.
14. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has been used for a long time to treat skin problems such as acne, dandruff, etc. Tea tree oil is good for treating dermatitis because it contains antimicrobial properties. It can also kill bacterial and fungal infections.
- Combine a little aloe vera gel and about 20 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply this mixture to the scalp
- Wash it off after fifteen minutes
- Repeat it daily.
The above home remedies are natural and easy to do at home. Plus, it is not difficult to find these ingredients. We hope these natural solutions are useful for you to get rid of dermatitis. Although these remedies is almost safe for people, it is essential to test these ingredients before using to make sure that they will not cause any allergic problems for you or make your problems become more serious.
However, all content provided are for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you. Besides, asking for healthcare professional’s advice can help you know that you have to take medicine or not.
If you have any comments or questions, or know other home remedies for dermatitis, please share with us in the comment box.