In This Article
Be a fingernail fungus or toenail fungus; it is very embarrassing and painful to cope with it. This condition develops when fungus or mold grows quickly under the nails, which result in discolored and distorted nails. Using un-sanitized nail spa tools and prolonged exposure to dark or moist environments are the main reasons for a nail fungus. If not treated properly, it may spread to other areas of the body and cause you to lose nails. You can quickly control nail fungus with the help of various natural remedies. Coconut oil is one of the excellent solutions to battle it. In this article, we, Effective Remedies, will show you the way on how to use coconut oil for nail fungus.
- 16 best treatments for nail fungus removal
- Top 7 unexpected ways to remove nail fungus
- 10 best tips to get rid of toenail fungus
The Best Way To Use Coconut Oil For Nail Fungus
This DIY recipe is an economical choice that will help fight against a nail fungus quickly and naturally. Here are the benefits of some of the ingredients in this recipe:
Coconut Oil: This oil is chock-full of caprylic acid, lauric acid, and medium-chain fatty acids, all of which are natural fungicides to help treat nail fungus effectively. Nail fungus can leave your nail and its surrounding skin dull and dry. Coconut oil aids in replenishing the lost nutrients in the nails and leaving you with the softest nails, as it is a natural moisturizer. Furthermore, a fungal infection may leave the nails weak and vulnerable to more damage. This oil contains immune-boosting agents that help strengthen your cuticles, nails, and nail beds.
Oregano Oil: Oregano oil is a potent antibacterial and anti-fungal that is excellent for battling some harmful bacteria and fungi such as E.coli, Staphylococcus, Candida Albicans. It also exhibits powerful antiseptic and antifungal properties that help deal with toenail fungus, boost the healing process, and prevent tissue damage. Apart from that, it helps to strengthen immunity and prevent the growth of cancer cells.
This recipe is not difficult to prepare at home and can treat a nail fungus within several days.
You Will Need
EffectiveRemedies Partner Solutions
Ask a Doctor Online and Get Answers in Minutes, Anytime!
Have medical questions? Keep asking questions to a Verified Expert until you get the answer you need.
- Coconut oil – ten drops
- Oregano oil – 2or 3 drops
How To Do
- Wash your affected area carefully with warm water.
- Mix the above oils nicely in a small bowl.
- Apply a small quantity of this oil mixture to your affected nail and the skin surrounding it with a Q-tip.
- Wait for the mixture to dry completely.
- Soak your affected area in warm water for fifteen minutes and use a soft towel to pat dry.
- Follow this recipe at least four times per week to eliminate the nail fungus.
Note: After applying this oil mixture, if you experience a burning sensation, the next time use less quantity of oregano oil.
III. Tips When Using Coconut Oil For Nail Fungus
The following tips will assist you in having healthy and beautiful nails.
- Always use extra virgin coconut oil.
- Applying coconut oil will also give you beautiful and strong nails even if you don’t have fungus.
- Trim and clean your nails frequently.
- Stay away from walking barefoot in public places in which the fungal infection may be easily spread.
- Always wear clean socks and keep your feet dry.
Have you ever used coconut oil for nail fungus treatment? Do you have other ways to use coconut oil for nail fungus? Don’t forget to share your views, experiences or queries with other readers and us in the comments below! All of the contents provided in this article are for informational and educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.
Read more: Top 5 Proven Treatments For Shin Splints. This article was medically reviewed/fact checked by Dr Brent Wells.